Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Spellbook of Dispel (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54420)

Lazy Orang November 2nd, 2017 03:57 PM

The Spellbook of Dispel

The Spellbook of Dispel

C3G WAVE 27
YOUNG MARVELS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ell_Dispel.png

Card PDF

Spell Bio - As magic became more widespread and wizards, witches and sorcerers came into contact with each other, they soon realised that, in combat with one another, they would need a way to leverage the upper hand. Muttering incantations and cantrips, a spellcaster can break their opponent's spell, scattering its energies to the four winds - assuming their foe can't break their dispel first.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: If a figure tries to cast a spell that has a special attack or specifies that it's used 'instead of attacking', but I use Dispel to prevent the spell from being cast, can that figure then attack normally, since it didn't get to use the spell?
    A: No, that figure wouldn't get to attack - the attempt to cast the spell still replaces their attack.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Lazy Orang November 2nd, 2017 03:58 PM

Re: The Spellbook of Dispel

Dispel
Common Spell

10 Points

Whenever an opponent's Common or Unique figure within 4 clear sight spaces would cast a spell, this figure may immediately cast this spell. You and that opponent must both roll the 20-sided die. If you roll higher than your opponent, that player may not cast any spells before the start of the next player's turn or the start of the next round, whichever comes first. If you also roll a 16 or higher, remove that spell from the game

Lazy Orang November 2nd, 2017 03:58 PM

Art

Lazy Orang November 2nd, 2017 04:00 PM

This one should hopefully be relatively quick and simple. The main concern right now, IMO, is setting down a vague cost for initial testing. I'm willing to let this spell generally fall where it may, though I'd try to avoid going too much over 30.

Ronin November 2nd, 2017 04:03 PM

The costliest spell in circulation is only 50 points. A 50% shot at delaying the cast of an opponent's spell and a 12.5% shot at nuking it completely doesn't seem like it could possibly be a 30 point value. I think you're pretty squarely in the 10 point arena here.

Lazy Orang November 2nd, 2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2167370)
The costliest spell in circulation is only 50 points. A 50% shot at delaying the cast of an opponent's spell and a 12.5% shot at nuking it completely doesn't seem like it could possibly be a 30 point value. I think you're pretty squarely in the 10 point arena here.

That sounds good. :)

Tornado November 2nd, 2017 04:52 PM

Classic.

johnny139 November 3rd, 2017 10:31 AM

So we're just going straight into MTG at this point I guess? :p

Kind of a standard spell that we'd definitely get to sooner or later. I'm definitely curious about the cost.

Lazy Orang November 3rd, 2017 04:28 PM

Okay, doesn't sound like we have any issues here, but I'm still calling in the necessary CRB sanity check. @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer , any issues? Am I good moving forwards with this tomorrow at 10 points?

dok November 3rd, 2017 05:02 PM

10 is fine, no concerns. Bring on the blue deck.

Lazy Orang November 4th, 2017 04:21 PM

Re: The Spellbook of Dispel - Vote for Initial Playtest

I Propose Moving to Initial Playtesting at 10 Points.

@Ronin - Yea
@Arkham - Yea
@Viegon -
@japes -
@Yodaking - Yea
@johnny139 -

Ronin November 4th, 2017 04:22 PM

Re: The Spellbook of Dispel - Vote for Initial Playtest

yea