Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ten of Spades (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57864)

fret_gurglo August 28th, 2020 11:08 AM

The Book of Ten of Spades

The Book of Ten of Spades

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 25
ROYAL FLUSH GANG

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ades_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...pades_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Crisis set.
Its model number and name are #25 / Jack and Ten.

Character Bio - Wanda Wayland was an experimental test pilot, whose skills and abilities rivaled those of the best pilots in the world (including Hal Jordan). Despite this, her beauty often stood in the way of her acceptance in the male dominated industry, and she experienced many cases of sexual abuse. This eventually led to her being fired and meeting Ace (the android) who recruited her to the Royal Flush Gang. She was supplied with a suit with energy blasters in the wrists and a flying card. After the Royal Flush Gang disbanded, she formed her own gang called Ten's Little Indians.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:

Immunities:
Benefits:

Weaknesses:

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

fret_gurglo August 28th, 2020 11:13 AM

Re: The Book of Ten of Spades (Breathing)

NAME = TEN OF SPADES
SECRET IDENTITY = WANDA WAYLAND

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = ARISTOCRATIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM / 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

ENERGY BLASTERS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 3.
After Ten of Spades attacks with this special attack, she may attack one additional time or, if the targeted figure received at least one wound, she may inflict one additional wound on the targeted figure. Destructible objects cannot be affected by this special attack.

ROYAL FLUSH 10
After taking a turn with Ten of Spades you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher you may take an immediate turn with Jack of Spades, Queen of Spades, King of Spades or Ace of Spades. Royal Flush can only be used if you revealed an Order Marker on a card with this special power at the beginning of your turn.

FLYING

fret_gurglo August 28th, 2020 11:14 AM

Artstuff

Change log
Spoiler Alert!

tcglkn August 28th, 2020 11:29 AM

My only comment right now is that her special attack feels pretty similar to Jacks as most of the time I'm gonna want the 5 attack.

fret_gurglo August 28th, 2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2413973)
My only comment right now is that her special attack feels pretty similar to Jacks as most of the time I'm gonna want the 5 attack.

I'm totally open to options. This just felt the simplest, but I do like having variety.

MrNobody August 28th, 2020 11:40 AM

Maybe a double attack of 4 with a bonus for attacking the same character twice? That could be a neat little gimmick.

tcglkn August 28th, 2020 11:43 AM

What if we dropped the special attack just gave her a base range of 3 and added something like this instead:

YOU WOULDN'T HIT A LADY
When Ten of Spades is attacked by a normal attack from an adjacent enemy figure, subtract one skull from the roll. Cruel, Nihilist, and Sadistic figures are not affected by this special power.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...0947-ten_1.jpg

Was looking for more info on her and found this image. The RFG has plenty of SAs so giving Ten a bit more survivability in a thematic way might be nice.

fret_gurglo August 28th, 2020 11:59 AM

I would really like to keep them with special attacks to show that their powers are technology based And although it's not on my immediate radar, I was thinking about a Wild Card design that would boost special attacks.

tcglkn August 28th, 2020 01:52 PM

Maybe something based on Black Widow's Widow Bite?

ENERGY BLASTERS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 3.
When Ten of Spades inflicts one or more wounds with this special attack, you may add one additional wound. Destructible objects are not affected by this special attack. When Ten of Spades attacks with this special attack, she may attack with it one additional time.

fret_gurglo August 28th, 2020 02:33 PM

That works for me. Unless there are any objections before breathing period ends, I will switch to that SA (maybe with an attack of 4?)

Yodaking August 28th, 2020 04:25 PM

After reading the bio, I want to know more about the Little Indians. Would that be like a common or unique squad for her to lead?

Like the idea of her having two attacks of 3 vs. Jack's one attack of 5. Gives her a crowd control role that keeps her different. I also like Tickles last suggestion where she gets a bonus wound when she scores a hit on a hero figure. If you take that up to an attack of 4, I'm not sure if you hit that 140 point total. Two attacks of 4 + a bonus W could easily end up taking out a 4 life hero in one use.

fret_gurglo August 28th, 2020 06:31 PM

I've only read one (or two from the same story arc) comics with ten's gang. They are basically a bunch of kid thieves with ten acting the gang leader. They are numbered 2 thru 9, so 8 kids.

I'm good with leaving it at 2 attacks of 3, but I'm worried that she may not be able to deal any damage. Attack of three is an average of 1.5 skulls and a defense of 3 is average 1 shield so only every second attack against a weak defender will result in a hit (which would be 2 wounds). But if the attack is against even a moderate defender (say 5) she would most likely not do any damage at all. We can proceed with it as tickle wrote it out and see how she plays