Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred June 29th, 2016 09:08 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Figure could be a painted Nakita Agent?

Barry allen June 29th, 2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2098606)
(Anybody have any idea for a figure?)

Confred June 30th, 2016 12:58 PM

Fun hero. She could really fit some point holes.

Barry allen June 30th, 2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2099199)

I showed this to my friend and he thought it was official. I think that other than a few tweaks to the abilities and she is good to go. I did some for fun playtesting today andshe is pretty fun to use.

JC McMinis July 1st, 2016 03:11 AM

I was thinking maybe a repainted Mary Jane could work for Faith..and how are we coming along on her powers. Been a little busy prepping for vacataion.

http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c912...res/299256.jpg

TREX July 1st, 2016 10:23 AM

@Confred , that's a great mock up for the faith conners card. It looks pretty cool. I'm not even familiar with the character and I want one.:) @JC McMinis , the mary jane figure looks similar, but you guys should use a figure that's in some kind of action pose. As this chick is PARKOUR! Great job guys.

McHotcakes July 3rd, 2016 03:13 PM

I have a lot to go through so I'm going to go rapid fire and take up the next few posts instead of just making one huge one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2099335)
I showed this to my friend and he thought it was official. I think that other than a few tweaks to the abilities and she is good to go. I did some for fun playtesting today and she is pretty fun to use.

Did you playtest her as she is on Confred's new card? How balanced was she? I think there are still some changes that she needs sorted out.

McHotcakes July 3rd, 2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2099199)

I'm not completely opposed to making her Vydar, but I still believe that Aquilla is a better fit for her. Vydar is the lone mercenary type. He switches between the good guys and bad guys depending on what he can get out of them. Faith is too principled for that imo.

Aquilla's theme tends to be more on the side of freedom fighters. Quasatch Hunters, Granite Guardians, and even Aquilla herself only got involved in the war to kick Utgar out of their homelands. Faith fighting the powers at be and taking on big brother has more in common with Aquilla's motives than Vydar's :shrug:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For her basic stats
Life-I'm okay with her life being 3 actually. That might fit better than 4.
Move- Her move should stay at 6. Yes Faith is fast but she is Venoc Viper fast. She is just a normal human after all. Faith's ability to get across the map is better represented in parkour than straight speed.
Range- Fine.
Attack- Fine.
Defense- 5 might be a little high, but if it is going to replace her instant dodge ability then I'm cool with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For her Special Powers-
Courier- I like it. I want to use this version unless anyone has any other wording suggestions.

Gun Kata-Can't say I'm a fan of the name. Gun Kata isn't really an accurate description of what she does. She takes people's guns, she doesn't use them as part of her martial art. For the power itself I'm thinking, for thematic reasons, she only gets the additional range if she destroys a figure with a range of 4 or greater, or something to that effect.

Parkour Movement- Honestly I think that the Improved Freerunning is the way to go. HoF already did a Freerunning power and we improved it. And like CJ it could also represent the fact that Freerunning has been improved since the days of Ezio Auditore.

McHotcakes July 3rd, 2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2098801)
Figure could be a painted Nakita Agent?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2098919)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2098606)
(Anybody have any idea for a figure?)

Those could both potentially work. I've done some searching around and have yet to find a decent match for Faith. Although this...

http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c912...res/299256.jpg

...is probably the closest, aside from the hair and jacket? in her right arm. Although like TREX said
Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2099430)
the mary jane figure looks similar, but you guys should use a figure that's in some kind of action pose. As this chick is PARKOUR!

But unfortunately beggars can't be choosers.

Confred July 3rd, 2016 05:40 PM

I've been moving and thus no internet. I'm in a hotspot now.

From watching YouTube, the series appears to be Einar vs Aquilla, with Vydar between. I could imagine her transitioning to Aquilla. As a role, moving around information, Vydar seems to be the general.

JC McMinis July 4th, 2016 06:37 AM

another option

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9...2520Domino.jpg

McHotcakes July 5th, 2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2099957)

I like it