PDA

View Full Version : GaryLASQ I am calling you out!!! M*A*S*H at 30 paces

Sydcomebak
June 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Gary and I have been enjoying chatting about M*A*S*H and I would like to challenge him to a trivia contest. If someone could make up the rules, the questions, etc, I'd appreciate it. Since we aren't online at the same time very often, maybe a contest where we submit answers via PM, and then they are posted here. This won't be the simplest thing to do as Google is a great tool, and with enough search time, you might be able to find anything out.

It's a fight, a fight to the finish!
(that's a good place to end it)

ultradoug
June 20th, 2006, 04:40 PM
What is B.J. Hunnycuts first name?
What ep did the second commander first appear in?
What Ep did Rador leave?
What were the spin off off MASH.
Who is the only one that was in both the movie and the series?

Sydcomebak
June 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Bea. (Mother: Bea, Father: Jay)

Technically Frank Burns was the second official "commander" until Col. Potter arrived. (September 19, 1952) That happened in the episode titled "Welcome to Korea" Season 4, Ep #1

What Ep did Rador leave?
In a 2-part ep fittingly called "Goodbye Radar" in Season 8

What were the spin off off MASH.
Geez, I only remember AfterMASH and W*A*L*T*E*R

Who is the only one that was in both the movie and the series?
Radar was the only member with any real screentime in both the movie and series.

That was a good warmup, where's Gary?

Hahnarama
June 20th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Technically Frank Burns was the second official "commander" until Col. Potter arrived. (September 19, 1952) That happened in the episode titled "Welcome to Korea" Season 4, Ep #1

WRONG, on a technicality (sp) Harry Morgan played Gen Steel in "The General Flipped at Dawn"

Gambit
June 20th, 2006, 06:35 PM
M*A*S*H, hmm... ive olny seen him in the forums a few times since ive joind, and im in the forums all the time

Sydcomebak
June 20th, 2006, 06:36 PM

WRONG, on a technicality (sp) Harry Morgan played Gen Steel in "The General Flipped at Dawn"

UD and I discussed this off the board via IM. I remember that ep quite well. In the end it is determined that the General is insane when he asks the black attending to do a "number."

"It's in your blood, boy!"

To contradict your technicality, Gen Steel wasn't the 2nd commanding officer. =)

Rhydderch
June 20th, 2006, 07:03 PM
A trivia contest might work better after GaryLASQ has a chance to read the thread. Its not going to work if you post a challenge and someone asks questions for you to answer before Gary even knows there is a contest =P

A chat room contest would probably work better to determine who can answer first. It might be hard though since people sometimes spam the chat rooms a little.

DarkSpade
June 20th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Bea. (Mother: Bea, Father: Jay)

His mother was named Bea, and his father was named Jay, but B.J.'s first name was B according to his army records.

Sydcomebak
June 20th, 2006, 07:28 PM
A trivia contest might work better after GaryLASQ has a chance to read the thread. Its not going to work if you post a challenge and someone asks questions for you to answer before Gary even knows there is a contest =P

A chat room contest would probably work better to determine who can answer first. It might be hard though since people sometimes spam the chat rooms a little.

I like the chat room idea. UD jumped the gun and asked questions, I just answered them.

Joah
June 20th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I like the chat room idea. I do too. You'd have to let me know when, so
I could just sit back and watch a good'ole M*A*S*H*O*F*F*.

GaryLASQ
June 21st, 2006, 12:44 AM
there are a couple MASH trivia games (old games). and with online lookups, it doesn't take to long to find an answer.

so the question would be, how much time do we get to answer a question?

Sydcomebak
June 21st, 2006, 01:38 AM
there are a couple MASH trivia games (old games). and with online lookups, it doesn't take to long to find an answer.

so the question would be, how much time do we get to answer a question?

I'd say like what we did tonight, both of us there, first to a satisfactory answer gets the point.

We can have people on here volunteer to ask 5 questions each.

Wed @ 9:15PM CST