PDA

View Full Version : ScapeCon - Indy road work

Retlaw
July 16th, 2021, 06:09 PM
For those of you driving to Indy there is a lot of summer construction around Indianapolis.

I-70 closed in downtown Indianapolis. If you are coming from the east, you can't drive through Indy on I-70. It is closed downtown while INDOT completely redoes the I-70/I-65 interchange. The recommended detour is to use I-465 around the south side of Indianapolis, but you can also get through using surface streets to get around the construction - which is faster depends on the time of day and how good your GPS is.
I-70 Construction near airport - currently if you are coming from the west on I-70 (i.e., east bound on I-70) the Ameriplex Parkway exit is closed (exit to the hotel) - exit is open for I-70 west bound (i.e., coming from east/north/south). Options would be to use the airport exit, make a U-turn in airport (there are ways to get to the airport exit without going all the way through the terminal - follow the signs for the economy parking lot - the road connects to the "exit" road). Then just follow the signs to Ameriplex Parkway. Google maps suggests using Ronald Reagan Parkway and then doing a U-turn on Stafford Road -- while this is a shorter route than using the airport, these are both busy roads and making U-turns on busy roads isn't something I'd recommend. There is also a way to use the Plainfield exit and county roads - if anyone wants, I can provide directions.
IN-37 Construction closure - if anyone is coming up I-69/IN-37 from southwest Indiana, IN-37 is closed at Martinsville. This is part of the state's project to extend I-69 all the way to Indianapolis (currently ends at Martinsville). The detour will route you onto IN-39 (through part of Martinsville) to IN-67 which is a 4-lane state highway and will take you all the way to Ameriplex Parkway which the road to the hotel, so actually better than taking IN-37 all the way to I-465.

Sir Heroscape
July 16th, 2021, 07:19 PM
This great, thank you for posting!

Dragon Ruler
July 17th, 2021, 08:05 AM
Very helpful Walt -- thanks.