PDA

View Full Version : [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Testing

flameslayer93
May 13th, 2019, 11:43 AM
The Book of "Glyph of Recall"

Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/567009548041453579/577338125211402241/image2.jpg?width=226&height=301

Printer-Friendly PDF

NAME
Glyph of Recall

Temporary Glyph
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are any previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

The glyph used for this glyph is the Glyph of Recall from Arena of the Planeswalkers.

Character Bio:

-Rulings and Clarifications-
TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/567009548041453579/577338125211402241/image2.jpg?width=226&height=301

>Playtesting Information
Easy to Use Form for Testing (credit: C3V):
https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=1255200&postcount=2
Suggested units for testing:
https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2282804&postcount=28

Playtesting:
Test 1 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2311119&postcount=50)
Test 2 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2331277&postcount=51)
Test 3 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2331680&postcount=53)

Test 4 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2384326&postcount=45)
Test 5
(https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2396557&postcount=62)
Test 6 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2396557&postcount=63)
Test 7 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2398037&postcount=64)
Test 8 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2398037&postcount=66)
Tests 9 & 10 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2410902&postcount=296)

Astroking112
May 13th, 2019, 01:55 PM
For the sake of getting a fuller vision of the set, here is a list of the other glyphs that we'll be using, provided by flameslayer93:

Move +2
Attack +1
Defense +1
Healing

These are all very straightforward to transfer to normal HeroScape rules, so they aren't a part of our design process right now, but I think that they're still pertinent to the discussion around creating glyphs.

Something worth noting for Recall is that the symbol seems to be evoking a grave. There's certainly some room to interpret this symbol as other things, but it's worth keeping in mind.

All Your Pie
May 13th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Could be the squad equivalent of Kelda. When you land on Recall, you may choose a previously destroyed Squad figure you control and place it adjacent to the figure that landed on the glyph.

Pumpkin_King
May 13th, 2019, 09:13 PM
I like a squad version of that, yes.

Astroking112
May 13th, 2019, 09:23 PM
I'm also fond of reviving a squad figure. I'd be a little concerned about reviving some of the Unique Squad figures like the Marro Warriors, but that could be playtested to be sure.

Pumpkin_King
May 14th, 2019, 01:55 AM
If it’s a one-time deal, or has limited charges, I don’t see a problem.

NecroBlade
May 14th, 2019, 11:40 AM
Reviving a Squad figure would be unique. Making it a Temporary Glyph keeps it in check, too. As long as we're not overdoing the resurrection theme* (big picture), I like it.

Wouldn't it be great if we gave the set a revival theme on purpose because it was heralding the return of official Heroscape? A man can dream...

Astroking112
May 14th, 2019, 12:41 PM
I'm fine with a temporary glyph to revive one squad figure. It's pretty bad for some armies and stronger for others, but so is Kelda.

Reviving a Squad figure would be unique. Making it a Temporary Glyph keeps it in check, too. As long as we're not overdoing the resurrection theme* (big picture), I like it.

Wouldn't it be great if we gave the set a revival theme on purpose because it was heralding the return of official Heroscape? A man can dream...

Guess it's time to go back to the revival powers for all of the squad designs. ;)

flameslayer93
May 14th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Imo, if we are willing to fully heal 200+ point units we can handle bringing back a felled squaddie (assuming this is a limited power lol).

NecroBlade
May 15th, 2019, 10:37 AM
I had liked a previous suggestion of "recalling" a figure to a space, but the tombstone image doesn't really jive with that.

Having one temporary glyph sounds great and sounds like a consensus maybe so far? Are we ready to put something in the OP? We can focus discussion on that, then move forward with a vote.

flameslayer93
May 15th, 2019, 10:39 AM
I had liked a previous suggestion of "recalling" a figure to a space, but the tombstone image doesn't really jive with that.

Having one temporary glyph sounds great and sounds like a consensus maybe so far? Are we ready to put something in the OP? We can focus discussion on that, then move forward with a vote.

Well we do have Kelda 2.0, so we technically have 2 temp glyphs. ;)

But yeah, I’ll be happy to toss the concensus of both glyphs into their OP’s.

lefton4ya
May 15th, 2019, 11:09 AM
My stab at official sounding wording:
"When figure you control lands on this Glyph, choose any squad with at least one figure destroyed (yours, a teammate's or an opponent's) and place a destroyed figure on the space with the Glyph of Recall."

Again, maybe the parenthesis should be removed and instead "choose any squad..." should be changed to "choose any squad you control..." but I like it is definitely possible for team games and for some reason an opponent - I can't really think of a reason why other than adding insult to injury, or a deterrent for if you do not have a squad figure destroyed but your opponent does (unless we want to add "you may" before "choose...") Also does there need to be contingencies in wording for when no squad figure is destroyed (Kelda does)?

Glyph best with Calvary and Kyrie squads and they need more help so I like it.

flameslayer93
May 15th, 2019, 11:13 AM
My stab at official sounding wording:
"When figure you control lands on this Glyph, choose any squad with at least one figure destroyed (yours, a teammate's or an opponent's) and place the destroyed figure on the space with the Glyph of Recall."

Again, maybe the parenthesis should be removed and instead "choose any squad..." should be changed to "choose any squad you control..." but I like it is definitely possible for team games and for some reason an opponent - I can't really think of a reason why other than adding insult to injury, or a deterrent for if you do not have a squad figure destroyed but your opponent does (unless we want to add "you may" before "choose..." Also does there need to be contingencies in wording for when no squad figure is destroyed (Kelda doesn't)?

Glyph best with Calvary and Kyrie squads and they need more help so I like it.

Kelda has a rules-built in contigency plan: Only a hero with at least 1 wound may land on this space.

NecroBlade
May 15th, 2019, 11:15 AM
There's a word in Heroscape for your teammate's stuff: "friendly".

lefton4ya
May 15th, 2019, 11:23 AM
My bad on the Kelda - yes it does have contingency - do we want for this glyph? Only matters if we do not have "you may" and also includes "opponent". I prefer "friendly" but I was trying to copy wording from Glyph of Sturla (Revive)
One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure destroyed in this battle (yours, your teammates’ and you opponents’). If you roll 19 or 20, place the figure in any starting zone of your choice. If you roll 1 through 18, the figure remains destroyed.
But we can also use precedence of Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap)
You figure is trapped. The trapped figure cannot move from this space. The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space.

Got to love the designers changing wording during game run ;)

flameslayer93
May 15th, 2019, 11:26 AM
My bad on the Kelda - yes it does have contingency - do we want for this glyph? Only matters if we do not have "you may" and also includes "opponent". I prefer "friendly" but I was trying to copy wording from Glyph of Sturla (Revive)
One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure destroyed in this battle (yours, your teammatesí and you opponentsí). If you roll 19 or 20, place the figure in any starting zone of your choice. If you roll 1 through 18, the figure remains destroyed.But we can also use precedence of Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap)
You figure is trapped. The trapped figure cannot move from this space. The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space.Got to love the designers changing wording during game run ;)

I'm just leaving the power text as friendly or opponent's in the OP right now. It's the same effect, and we can work on semantics later.

Now, a contingency plan is an option: You can only land on this glyph is at least 1 squad figure has been destroyed this game.

NecroBlade
May 15th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Fair. :lol: A contingency for only anyone with a friendly destroyed Squad figure, right?

flameslayer93
May 15th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Fair. :lol: A contingency for only anyone with a friendly destroyed Squad figure, right?

That would be ok with me.

lefton4ya
May 15th, 2019, 11:39 AM
If you do not have a contingency or "you may" in Glyph rules and your opponent has destroyed figure but you don't then you MUST choose to revive opponent's figure. I could go either way as that might be fun, but simpler is better so probably either a contingency and/or "you may" in power. If no contingency but do have "you may", then you can just go on the glyph to burn it and prevent opponent from using when you do not have a destroyed figure (unlike Kelda).

NecroBlade
May 17th, 2019, 11:07 AM
To really pull from the Kelda wording:

Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are one or more previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

lefton4ya
May 17th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Add "in the game" after "destroyed Squad figures" and "you must" before "choose a previously destroyed Squad figure" and I think it will remove any need for a FAQ that this means you could be forced to Recall your opponent's figure.

capsocrates
May 19th, 2019, 01:29 PM
This is great. :up:

flameslayer93
May 20th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are one or more previously destroyed Squad figures in the game . When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

This look good to everybody?

Astroking112
May 20th, 2019, 09:26 PM
That looks good to me. Why the condition about not being able to place it symbol-side up in any homemade scenarios, though?

flameslayer93
May 20th, 2019, 09:53 PM
That looks good to me. Why the condition about not being able to place it symbol-side up in any homemade scenarios, though?

Cribbed from Kelda. Its so you canít waste it by accident.

Astroking112
May 20th, 2019, 10:04 PM

Cribbed from Kelda. Its so you canít waste it by accident.

Ah, I see. Looks like I always played Kelda wrong by hiding it as a child. :lol:

lefton4ya
May 21st, 2019, 08:43 AM
Yeah seems great. I love that I feel this was a collaborative design as each line or phrase was suggested by different people (including those ripped from Kelda). Here’s hoping all the designs go this way!

flameslayer93
May 21st, 2019, 09:50 AM
If there are no more concerns, I think we can move this to the testing phase this weekend (to give anyone else a chance to comment).

I believe the most important pieces to test include:
Kyrie Squads
Cavalry Squads
Krav Maga Agents
Downed Marro Warriors (to get a feel of how this glyph could interact with the Phoenixes pre-design)
Airborne Elite
Havechmech Incendiborgs

All of these squads have big stats or self-revival mechanics that could be annoying. I don’t think any of them with be game breaking however. This should cover 6+ games alone. I’d also advocate a few games without the above units in them to help with the spread.

lefton4ya
May 21st, 2019, 11:03 AM
Good suggestions on testing. Also how does this work when a figure (destroyed or not) is on the card of another figure, ala:

Skeletons of Annellintia (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=41695)' Necromancy
Ebon Armor (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50547)'s Animated Material
Mok (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47038)'s Dwarven Gunners/Gunner Casualties (who are not destroyed when placed on Mok but wording of Gunner Casualties says "remove one Dwarf" instead of "destroy one Dwarf"; also after Mok is destroyed the Dwarves are still not destroyed)
Marro Gnids (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37624)' Cling (who are not destroyed)

I am guessing Skeletons and Ebon would come off the card but Gnids and Dwarves would not (as are not destroyed), but "removed" dwarfs would come back. Kinda throws a wrench into the simplicity of Glyph power, but I am sure we can do FAQ or something for these powers.

flameslayer93
May 21st, 2019, 12:16 PM
I am going to rule it the way I’d rule how Sturla interacts with them (and how it interacts with the Viking Spirits too). Additionally, this post from Xotli regardling Clinging Gnids should agree and give this ruling precedent: https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=1477926&postcount=6

If a figure was actually destroyed it Recall-able.

Skellies on an Army Card: Good to recall.
Ebon Armor on an Army Card: Good to recall.
Dwarves on Mok: Nope.
Dwarvern Casualties from Mok: Nope.
Gnids on an Army Card: Nope.
Unplaced Figures because you ran out of SZ spaces: Nope. (This one will get an FAQ out of courtesy.

NecroBlade
May 24th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Destroyed = can be Recalled.
Not destroyed = cannot be Recalled.

Basically.

I don't think we need "in the game" since nothing ever applies to previously played games. Otherwise I think this makes a good glyph.

flameslayer93
June 2nd, 2019, 10:40 AM
I believe this glyph can officially enter the testing phase since no additional voices have questioned it. Updating the OP now. :mrgreen:

lefton4ya
June 2nd, 2019, 05:23 PM
I understand NecroBlade’s thinking in not needing “in the game”, but I just wanted to make sure upon reading the power for newbies that it means if at lest one figure from you OR your opponent OR teammate is destroyed, so “in the game” was the easiest wording I thought of to clarify that. But if there is other wording please suggest, or if people feel it is not necessary than I’d be OK with current wording.

NecroBlade
June 21st, 2019, 09:33 AM
Your figures and your opponent's (and your teammate's) all qualify as "previously destroyed Squad figures". There's no need to clarify since we're not ruling anything out. If we felt the need to do anything, maybe throw an "any" in front of that phrase.

Astroking112
June 21st, 2019, 11:31 AM
I think that the "When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure..." in the OP is pretty clear. Making it mandatory to choose a previously destroyed Squad figure inherently makes me feel like it could also be a negative effect (even if in practice it never will). We could always change "a previously destroyed" to "any previously destroyed" to make it even clearer, but I don't think it should be that big of a problem.

The benefit of adding an "in the game" to the clause would be that we can specifically prevent a squad figure from being revived with some sort of power by removing them from the game rather than destroying them. Nothing comes to mind for a current use for that, though, and I'm not particularly fond of adding that in the same set as the glyph itself, so I think that we're fine without that clause.

NecroBlade
June 22nd, 2019, 12:39 PM
So how about this...

Temporary Glyph
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are one or more any previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

Pumpkin_King
June 23rd, 2019, 12:25 PM
That looks good to me.

flameslayer93
June 26th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Now that we have a pro editor, do we want to send this editing just in case?

If we do, I vote Yes to Editing, preemptively.

Astroking112; All Your Pie; capsocrates; Pumkin King; Necroblade

superfrog
June 26th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Question about these glyphs:

Why are they regular power glyphs? Because of the different coloration and pattern on the back, they can't be used as a random glyph in all applications that normal power glyphs can be used.

Additionally, in Heroscape so far, all different colors of Glyphs (red, yellow, and gold) act differently.

I wonder if these black glyphs could be area of effect glyphs. You wouldn't even have to change this glyph at all to make that happen.

flameslayer93
June 26th, 2019, 07:58 PM
Question about these glyphs:

Why are they regular power glyphs? Because of the different coloration and pattern on the back, they can't be used as a random glyph in all applications that normal power glyphs can be used.

Additionally, in Heroscape so far, all different colors of Glyphs (red, yellow, and gold) act differently.

I wonder if these black glyphs could be area of effect glyphs. You wouldn't even have to change this glyph at all to make that happen.

I believe we wanted to allow the glyphs to be usable like the normal red glyphs for simplicityís sake. While you canít shuffle them in with Wannok or whatever, you can still shuffle them together for a respectable glyph pool. In theory, 5 out of 6 glyphs would probably be fine for a tournement anyway (attack obviously being the only OP one).

Now, for my own opinion... Iím okayish with AoE glyphs, but Iím not exactly rooting for the concept either. AoE glyphs would open up new mapping techniques, which is a bonus, but could make some glyphs unthematic or would need to be redone (like Healing). I wouldnít count this as a hard ďnoĒ vote however.

superfrog
June 26th, 2019, 08:56 PM
If you guys have decided to go a certain way, I'm obviously not going to try to stop you. Just for argument's sake, though, here's what the glyphs could look like if you this direction:

Aura Glyphs (this is a dumb name but this is all off the top of my head)

In general, these glyphs act like regular Glyphs, but their effect only applies to figures within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying the Aura Glyph.

Glyph of Power: All figures you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph add 1 to their Attack.

Glyph of Toughness: All figures you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph add 1 to their Defense.

Glyph of Movement: All figures you control who start their movement within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph add 2 to their Move.

Glyph of Healing: At the end of every round, choose a figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, the figure receives one wound. If you roll a 2 or higher, remove a wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card.

Glyph of Knowledge: At the beginning of every round, after rolling for initiative, you may choose an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph. Look at any one random Order Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card.

Glyph of Recall: When a squad figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph would receive one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, place that figure adjacent to the figure occupying this glyph to ignore any wounds.

Again, if you think this is dumb and they should just be treated like red glyphs, I completely understand. Just pointing it out since I thought of it earlier today.

flameslayer93
June 26th, 2019, 11:04 PM
I don’t think it’s a dumb idea at all, and it certainly has merit. My personal opinion hasn’t been swayed to aura glyphs, but again I’m not going to drop a hard no to it.

Astroking112
June 27th, 2019, 08:34 PM
The idea of making a new type of glyph rather than more Power Glyphs is certainly something to consider, and it's relevant to more than just this glyph. Let's continue the discussion over in Pod 0's Main Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=2291475#post2291475).

flameslayer93
August 18th, 2019, 12:51 AM
During a couple of playtests of the C3V's Acolytes of Vsomething and the Birdskull Demon, we used the glyph of recall in conjuction with healing.

Notably, it was nice to get the squad figure back, but it wasn't a big deal in either game. Comically, the side that got the glyph ended up losing.

A question came into my head, but I didn't bother bringing it up though. If you recall a figure before activating all of a squad's figures could you activate the recalled figure?

Right now, I'm tempted to lean that we should not allow newly placed figures to move and or attack this turn a la Zombies of Morindan. Even if there are no rules issues with it, I'd like to keep this glyph down as a weaker bonus rather than a stronger one.

NecroBlade
August 18th, 2019, 11:40 AM
I agree (though I don't necessarily think it's too powerful the other way), since it triggers as soon as the figure lands on it. We could either add the bit about "not activating that figure this turn" or change the timing of the glyph, but I prefer the former since the latter would be a new timing for glyphs.

Also, just realized I'd love to play this glyph with the B-11s (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48986). 8)

Astroking112
August 18th, 2019, 12:14 PM
If we wanted to make it very clear, then we could change the timing to be "after taking a turn with them" or "at the end of the round" or the like. I'm not a fan of this, though, because that adds more room for problematic interactions by changing the timing from other glyphs. If we want to stop the revived figure from being activated, I think that we should add some text to the power specifying so.

flameslayer93
August 20th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Temporary Glyph
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are any previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. Newly placed figures cannot move or attack this turn. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

Will this work, gentlemen?

P.S. I cribbed the wording from the zombies.

Astroking112
August 20th, 2019, 11:23 PM
I have no qualms with that.

NecroBlade
September 1st, 2019, 01:42 PM
I like the wording.

I played one game with it during a jank draft. It definitely drew attention as my opponent's Tarn moved to guard it, but my EoV ended up getting a lucky initiative plus Frenzy that let me wipe out the Tarn and later get back an EoV.

I can try to write more detail next time, but as a temporary glyph there's only so much it's going to do each game.

So far it seems simple and fun, but relatively low impact. But there are definitely combos out there: I want to try it with the B-11s, someone wisely suggested Sentinels of Grax, and it can even re-start a Zombie apocalypse.

Astroking112
September 2nd, 2019, 02:38 PM
IF YOU CANíT TAKE THE HEATÖ by Dignan
Glyphs: Recall (AotV), Knowledge (AotV)
Astro: Kato Katsuro, 2x Ashigaru Harquebus, 3x Ashigaru Yari, Sentinels of Grax (540)
Leo: Jarek Guy, Kira Jax, Rendar Fy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=2224773#post2224773), 5x M-43 Resistance Fighters (540)

Surviving:
Kato Katsuro, 6x Ashigaru Yari, 3x Ashigaru Harquebus, 2x Sentinels of Grax
~405 Points Left
(1 Ashigaru Harquebus was revived by Recall)

Game Summary:
M-43s gained height initially, but the Ashigaru quickly retaliated and dealt more damage, annihilating over two full squads due to some solid rolls. Leo gave up on Recall because he felt like heíd probably lose two or more figures trying to reach it.
Neither of us went for Knowledge because it was on top of lava field on this map. The 50% chance of killing a squad figure to get the chance to activate it at the start of the next round wasnít worthwhile.
Recall was used by a Yari to revive a Harquebus. Since I only had two squads of them, it was appreciated despite "only" reviving 15 points, especially since it bought me an extra turn of 4 attacks and two extra turns of 3 attacks with the Harquebus.
Leo blanked and took a turn with Kira Jax at the beginning of Round 3. Probably his worst option at the time, unfortunately. An Encircle Special Attack ended Rendar soon afterward. After that, it was mostly just clean-up.

Leoís Thoughts:
Recall doesnít seem like a big enough deal unless you have expensive squad figures. The way many maps are built, youíll lose more figures than youíll gain by taking it if youíre using a common force. It feels like a low priority glyph unless youíre using unique squads or cavalry/Kyrie, so itís very build-dependent.

My Thoughts:
While Recall was a relatively low-impact glyph here, I have to disagree with Leo. Despite me using a stereotypical swarm army that relied on numbers, the limited number of gunmen ensured that I could get more attacks in each turn to destroy enough Mariedians to limit his options each time. The fact that the Harquebus was revived halfway across the board and ready to attack was also a significant boon.

Of course, it'll be even more useful in a game with expensive or unique squads, where it really shines. I think it'll be especially fun in AotV given how many Unique Squads we're going to have.

flameslayer93
November 8th, 2019, 02:11 PM
LoveElemental and I did a game with both glyphs (Recall & Knoweledge) last weekend.

I posted a picture of the map we played on to Discord, and when I get a chance Iíll update this post with a link. Its basically a hilly map with a bunch of trees and a figure 8 road with highways close to an end of each startzone. We used 4 glyphs: Healing, Move + 2, Knowledge, and Recall.

Our game was a reinforcements game (start with 250 on the board, 210 comes in midgame on a scaling d20 roll).

Armies:

Me
Brontos + 10th Reg x1 (starter)
Banshees x3 (reinforcements)

LE
Sentinels x1 + Imperium x1 (starter)
Sentinels x1 + Wyvern (reinforcements)

Summary: I primarily lead with 10th and she split OMs between each kyrie squad. I went for Knoweledge right away. The 10thís bullets were large ineffective but did kill an Imperium. The Sentinels did a good job of holding the line in time for Brontos to charge. Brontos was a wrecking ball of fury, but the Imperium had other plans. They used the move+2 and recalled an Imperium. The Imperium managed to get all 6 attacks vs Brontos... which flubbed miserably, only dealing 1. So, the Big Cyclops smashed one. They did get revenge and hit him hard. At one point, LE got Knoweledge and wasnít able to do much other than see my X on the last 10th. I got really lucky and got a heavily wounded Brontos to the healing Glyph (7 wounds, plus a potential wound from an LEA that wasnít bothered to be rolled for). That kept me in the game, but the Cyclops started getting wailed on the next round. My Banshees finally got in the game, and with the Wyvern dead it was Checkmate.

Results: I won. All 6 Banshees + 1 life Brontos vs 2 Sentinels.

Effects on the game - Knoweledge: It was triggered twice. Once I used it to see LEís X. I lost initative and 10th Reg figures so I couldnít capitalize on it. LEís use did little since my OMís were obvious at the point.

Effects on the game - Recall: The Imperium grabbed it and use it to help supplement their small numbers. They brought Brontos inches from death and almost won LE the game just from the extra pair of swords.

I donít think either glyph was overpowering. Recall was good, but LE and I agreed Knoweledge had a poor showing despite how useful the intel can be.

Astroking112
November 8th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the test, flameslayer. It sounds like that extra Imperium from Recall was very useful, since otherwise Brontos would've reduced them down to one figure on the following turn.

Astroking112
November 9th, 2019, 10:31 PM
TICALLAN TOWER (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=file&id=4709) by Sir Heroscape

Glyphs: Recall, Wannok (Wound)
Astro: Tagawa Samurai Archers x5, Seishin Samurai (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2329937&postcount=269) x3, Raelin (495)
Odzaepher: Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Sir Dupuis, Eldgrim the Viking Champion (495)

Note: Seishin Samurai played as Uncommon Heroes with 3 life.

SURVIVING UNITS:
6x Seishin Samurai, 1x Seishin Samurai (1 wound)
~140 Points Left

GAME SUMMARY:
I set up a pod to the left near Wannok, but Odzaepherís knights reached it first. I was still able to position Raelin and stop him from reaching her thanks to a well-placed Seishin, though, and I left this pod up for the majority of the game. Odzaepher managed to whittle down my forces some with Wannok and revive a knight with Recall, but I managed to claim a 7-hex pod on height with my TSA and Raelin, which he struggled to break.

After the knights and Gilbert were mostly finished, I was able to claim Wannok finally. Sir Dupuis went on a rampage and got a good number of kills, but he couldnít turn the tides on his own.

RECALL USAGE:
Used early on to revive a knight that died from CS. That revived knight died the next turn to a TSA from height who had also been trying to reach the glyph. It at least distracted the TSA for one attack, but it really didn't have a big impact on this game.

THOUGHTS:
Not really much to say from this game. Wannok was a more enticing power glyph, so I podded up close to it and the knights struggled to break through. Recall might've bought Odzaepher one extra attack in the long run, but that was it.

NecroBlade
November 17th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Glad to see relatively low impact on bread & butter squads. As long as nothing breaks with things like Krav, B-11s, or Grax I think we're looking good.

lefton4ya
November 17th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Has anyone considered the glyph bringing back 2 figures, 3 figures, or up to a full squad? If a healing glyphs can remove all but one wound and heroes are more costly than squads, I would say resurrecting up to a full squad is still less powerful. For unique squads you’d still have to plan it right to do with your final figure, and with commons you’d still want to wait till you’re down a squad. But again since most glyph locations are on low ground it would still be a risk to go for the glyph. Strategies might ensue to surround a glyph before getting until after a squad is dead. Biggest issue is with Deathreavers even more than 10th/4th/Knights/Orcs/etc. Maybe test with bringing back 2 figures and see.

Astroking112
November 18th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Has anyone considered the glyph bringing back 2 figures, 3 figures, or up to a full squad? If a healing glyphs can remove all but one wound and heroes are more costly than squads, I would say resurrecting up to a full squad is still less powerful.

That's certainly more powerful. I'd like to see some tests in games where Recall makes a bigger difference before considering any boosts.

While Kelda fully heals a hero figure, squads are typically much more common in strong armies than heroes are and reviving the right squad figure seems very powerful indeed (such as a Vulcanmech or restarting a Marro Warrior squad).

capsocrates
May 13th, 2020, 01:12 PM
Let's stick to just reviving one figure.

How much more testing do we feel like we need here?

It would be nice to see tests in games involving Vulcanmechs, Krav, or Marro Warriors.

Astroking112
May 13th, 2020, 03:57 PM
Looks like we're sitting on ~3 tests in this thread so far.

I'm pretty much content with the glyph in normal games, so I'd like for future tests here to focus on Vulcanmech Incendiborgs and the other high-caliber squads that are likely to give us trouble. We definitely want several "stress tests" like that before moving this one on to Compatibility Testing with the rest of the Master Set.

flameslayer93, do you mind adding the following to the OP when you get a chance?

Playtesting:
Test 1 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2311119&postcount=50)
Test 2 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2331277&postcount=51)
Test 3 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2331680&postcount=53)

flameslayer93
May 13th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Done.

We’ll try to focus on stress testing soon-ish. :)

NecroBlade
May 13th, 2020, 10:31 PM
Don't forget Sentinels of Grax and Zombies of Morindan.

capsocrates
June 10th, 2020, 10:19 PM
Got to test this glyph today. It was probably used poorly here but there's potential for t to be really handy, especially in this kind of format. I may try to test it with Sentinels of Grax soonish.

2020-06-09
Crumble, heat of battle Scraps format, featuring two treasure glyphs, the Glyph of Recall, and the Glyph of Healing

caps
125 Darth Maul (PM me for the card but I'll be putting it on 'Scapers later)
215 Dienekes
335 2x12th Caucasus Rifles
355 Marcu Esenwein

caps's 7yo
110 Minions of Utgar
290 1xTaelord the Kyrie Warrior
360 1xPhantom Knights

I set up a 12th pod on the highest ground available, surrounded by Dienekes and Maul, with Marcu on a solo height space nearby. My opponent places his Phantom Knights within reach of my pod, with the Minions of Utgar out of sight and Taelord nearby them.

My opponent won initiative and brought Taelord up to my pod with OM1. Dienekes rolled a 17 with Tether of Logos to pull Taelord next to him. Taelord rolled 2/3 and Dienekes rolled 1/4 to take a wound.
The 12th Caucasus Rifles were ineffective with my OM 2.
OM2 saw the Phantom Knights advance. I got a 11 on Tether of Logos against he first one to pull him adjacent and then kicked myself for not moving a Rifle away from Dienekes to give me another place to pull them to; he was maxed out at two pulls due to no good landing spaces. The first PK got 2/3 against Dienekes and he rolled 0/4. The next PK got 2/3 as well to kill a Rifle that had height and the last one got 3/3 to put 2 wounds on Darth Maul even though he had height; Sith Counterstrike did not trigger (got an 11). The Rifles then retaliated by killing two Phantom Knights.
OM3 saw Taelord fly to the glyph of Recall to bring back a Phantom Knight. Darth Maul force leaped over the pair of central pillars to land next to the Healing glyph and kill a Minion of Utgar.

My opponent won initiative again and activated the Minions of Utgar. The two remaining Minions swarmed Darth Maul, rolling 1/2 both times. Maul blocked the first one and got an 18 for Sith Counterstrike, but failed to block the second and took two wounds. The Rifles responded by shooting ineffectually at Phantom Knights.
My opponent's OM2 was on Phantom Knights. They both moved towards Darth Maul, but one of them landed in sight of Dienekes, who Tethered him over with a 17. The PK attacked him with 1/3 and he blocked it with 1/4. The other PK was not adjacent to any of my figures. My Rifles whiffed on their grenade for the Nth time but managed to kill a PK and then had no targets for their second normal attack.
My opponent then moved Taelord over to cover his last two squad figures by Darth Maul with his attack aura, but Dienekes Tethered him over to where he couldn't see them with a nat 20 on his Tether roll. Darth Maul took the healing glyph to heal himself and Dienekes of 1 wound each, then rolled 4/4 to kill the adjacent Minion of Utgar.

At this point it was 1 Phantom Knight and Taelord (with no wounds) against Darth maul (3 wounds), Dienekes (2 wounds), and 3 Rifles.

My opponent won initiative the third straight time.
His first OM was on the PKs, and was the only OM on them. The PK moved towards my Pod and Dienekes tethered him adjacent (with a 19) and took a wound from a 2/4 attack with a 1/4 defense roll. My Rifles were blocked on all of their attacks.
With OM2, Taelord attacked Dienekes 2/3 and was met with 1/4, giving Dienekes another wound. My Rifles finally got a grenade to go off against Taelord; although he took no wounds from it, he whiffed on a 3/4 attack and then only blocked1/2 against a 2/4 attack to get up to 4 wounds.
With his final OM, Taelord rolled 2/3 against Dienekes, who only rolled 1/4 to take yet another wound, bringing him to 5. Darth Maul stealth leaped adjacent to the Phantom Knight and rolled 3/4 against its 1/4 defense to kill it.

I finally got an initiative switch here and killed Taelord with my first OM on the Rifles.

capsocrates
June 13th, 2020, 08:25 PM
Had another game with this glyph. It brought back a Blade Dancer, which proved to be pretty valuable in the long run of the game (though far from enough to tip the scales).

2020-06-13
Crumble by Dignan, heat of battle Scraps format

caps
125 Jango Fett (imagine Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, but swap the healing for a 1/game fireline; 2A/4D)
150 Drow Chainfighter
240 Dienekes
360 2x20th Maine Volunteers

caps's 7yo
100 2xWarriors of Ashra
180 1xVarkaanan Blade Dancers
260 1xMicroCorps Troopers
360 1xShades of Bleakewoode

Round 1: Dienekes takes wounds from Shades while the 20th Maine and Jango kill WoA, Troopers, and a Blade Dancer

Round 2: Dienekes is soul devoured, a Shade brings back the dead Blade Dancer* with Recall, the 20th Maine put a wound on Dienekes and kill two Blade Dancers, the last Blade Dancer* kills a 20th Maine, Jango kills Dienekes

Round 3: 20th Maine kill all 3 Shades, stealing OM1 and OM2; Jango Fett kills the last two MicroCorps troopers, stealing OM3

Round 4: Jango Fett kills a WoA; Blade Dancer* safely disengages to put a wound on Jango Fett; Jango Fett disengages safely to pick up the Belt of Giant Strength, then forgets to attack (in an alternate reality he kills the nearest WoA); a WoA engages Jango and puts a wound on him; 20th Maine kill the WoA engaged with Fett

Round 5: WoA kill a Chainfighter and a 20th Maine; Jango engages the last Blade Dancer* to use his Belt of Giant Strength and kills her on his second attack, stealing OMs 2 and 3; Jango kills the second-to-last WoA

Game is called

*indicates the Blade Dancer brought back by Recall

capsocrates
June 13th, 2020, 11:56 PM
Had another game with this glyph. It wasn't used, but it was appealing enough to entice my opponent to leave engagement with a squad figure (and die) to try to get towards it.

2020-06-13
Rust and Ruin by Flash_19, Heat of Battle Scraps format

caps
125 Jango Fett
225 Sentinels of Grax
315 Dienekes
365 Tarn Viking Warriorsr

caps's 7yo
110 Varkaanan Greyspears
205 Arktos
365 2xVarkaanan Blade Dancers

Round1: Tarn Viking Warriors charge out and attack the Blade Dancers across the map, killing 2 of them; Greyspears advance on Jango's high ground, putting 2 wounds on him and 1 wound on Dienekes; Viking Warriors retaliate against the Greyspears, largely getting blocked, though one puts 4 wounds on Arktos; Blade Dancer dies leaving engagement with a Viking Warrior

Round2: Jango flies away from the melee and kills two Greyspears and Arktos with his Flame Thrower Special Attack; Blade Dancers kill a Tarn; Tarns kill a Greyspear; OM2 lost on Arktos; Sentinels of Grax activate Healing glyph to heal Jango and Dienekes and kill a Blade Dancer; last Greyspear dies leaving engagement with a viking (trying to get an angle on the Glyph of Recall)

Round3: Dienekes takes height to kill the penultimate Blade Dancer

Game is called

capsocrates
June 14th, 2020, 11:09 PM
I played a Varks vs. Varks game just now where Manauvi took a leaving engagement attack to bring back one of the two dead Darkclaws. It didn't ultimately impact the outcome of the game at all, but it was cool to have around.

Pumpkin_King
June 17th, 2020, 04:45 PM
Seems like this glyph isn't game breaking, which is good.

capsocrates
July 4th, 2020, 12:43 AM
Glyph of Recall turned a game around for me by bringing back the Sentinels of Grax (who were *on fire* for Reconstitution from that point on). Bit of an outlier but I thought I would report it.

2020-06-17
Rust and Ruin by Flash_19, scraps format

caps
100 Velnesh Alphas
200 Sentinels of Grax
290 Qui-Gon Jinn
360 Josie Whistlestop

caps's 7yo
180 3xZombies of Morindan
240 Zombie Hulk
360 Kaemon Awa

Round1: Zombie Hulk gets defense T-glyph and puts 1 wound on Qui-Gon Jinn; Zombies mob a sentinel and bring it down; Velnesh Alphas kill 3 Zombies; Kaemon Awa takes a wound disengaging to attack Josie with Quick Release, putting 2 wounds on her

Round2: Josie shoots at Kaemon but misses; zombies move to low ground away from everything; Velnesh engage zombies and kill 2 of them; Zombie Hulk puts 1 wound on Qui-Gon Jinn; Qui-Gon uses Force Instincts to take an OM but fails to hurt the Zombie Hulk; Zombie Hulk kills Qui-Gon

Round3: Kaemon Awa kills Josie Whistlestop, stealing OM1; Kaemon Awa kills a Velnesh; Velnesh kill two more Zombies; Zombie Hulk kills a Velnesh; Sentinels get reconstitution but then both die to Counterstrike

Round4: Velnesh use Recall to bring back a Sentinel; Zombies fail to wound anyone; Sentinels reconstitute and kill a zombie; Zombie hulk fails to kill a sentinel; Sentinels whiff against Kaemon and Zombie losing 1 to Counterstrike; Zombie hulk is blocked by a Syntinel

Round5: Zombie Hulk is blocked by Sentinel; Sentinels reconstitute and put a wound on Zombie Hulk; Kaemon Awa whiffs attacking a Sentinel; Sentinels put 2 wounds on Kaemon and 1 wound on Zombie Hulk; Kaemon Awa kills a Sentinel; Sentinels reconstitute and kill hte Zombie Hulk

Round6: Sentinels kill Kaemon Awa, stealling OM1; Sentinels kill the last Zombie

Velnesh Alphas:
roll 2/4, 5/5, and 3/5 to kill 3 Zombies of Morindan (60 points)
roll ??, ??, and ?? to kill 2 more Zombies (40 points)
roll 0/4 defense vs a quick-release SA - death
roll 4/4 and 2/4 attack to kill two zombie (40 points)
roll 2/4 defense against 3/4 attack from the Zombie Hulk - death

NecroBlade
July 5th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Quite a showing for both squads there. Bit of luck, sure, but glyphs are better with different figures and that's OK. In fact, I would hope to see the Sentinels do well with Recall, as long as they don't become overpowered.

NecroBlade
August 9th, 2020, 11:24 AM
Glyph of Recall used in these (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2410902&postcount=296) games (2 of the 3 anyway). Almost enough to get the Death Chasers a win in the last game, as they came down to 1 vs 1 Life Sonlen and could've killed him with Initiative. It's interesting how low impact it can feel at other times (like when you're winning anyway), but bringing back a figure really isn't a small thing.