PDA

View Full Version : 'ScapeTalk: Hero Talks Gamer Christmas List

truth
December 21st, 2006, 10:02 PM
This is the thread for your postings on Cast number 3. Be on the look out next Friday for a special tweener episode. Podcast 3.5

funrun
December 21st, 2006, 10:21 PM
I have heard this podcast advance release, and I have some favorite quotes that I couldn't wait to post:

hero on his grand introduction: "Those of you who know me, know me, and those of you who don't, NEVER WILL!!!!"

truth on running a forum site: "So tell me, what does it take to run the Heroscape community, cuz I have no idea."

hero on gaming mods: "Wait, you don't think there's a GIANT Monopoly community out there making mods?"

hero on Heroscape software: "It's like Google Earth for geeks!"

hero on other gamer websites: "They're cesspools, all cesspools!"

hero on Herocape: "The game is a gateway drug. . ."

truth to Hero: "You're the guy who introduced me to the gateway drug that is Heroscape—the marijuana of the gamer world."

. . . and these are only from the first 10 minutes!

If you know hero, he can't talk Herocape without making a jab at reaper. If you're listening very carefully, you'll hear at least two "reaper jabs". :razz:

netherspirit
December 21st, 2006, 11:03 PM
Funny stuff.

Nice to see things venturing out into discussing other games. :D

Ketch
December 21st, 2006, 11:20 PM
slight pause... "You're an idiot."

haha, I love how it came out of no where.

Ketch
December 21st, 2006, 11:26 PM
Commenting while listening here...
I like Hahn's comment about Settlers,despite Hero's disagreement.
I do think there are easier games to learn.. however for intellectuals in denial Settlers can become addicting in one game.

New years before 2002, I played my first game of Settlers and this is the game that allowed me to say "You mean... there are games other than Monopoly and Clue?"
This is also the game my wife started with,

Oh, and Hero, your laugh rocks, nice and harty. haha

Awesome job again Truth!

hero
December 21st, 2006, 11:30 PM
You know I love these two like brothers, and there's nobody in the world I really give more **** than my friends.

Plus, Hahn really is an idiot.

truth
December 21st, 2006, 11:33 PM
Oh, and Hero, your laugh rocks, nice and harty. haha

Awesome job again Truth!

Also a phrase used to describe Santa Claus.

hero
December 21st, 2006, 11:38 PM

skyknight
December 22nd, 2006, 01:27 AM
Very cool, I enjoyed that a bunch. Nicely done guys. I listened twice for the jabs :lol:

Doc_Savage
December 22nd, 2006, 02:01 AM
These podcasts really do bring a nice feeling of community to the site. To paraphrase, Information is easy. Fun information is hard.

These are fun. Thanks, Truth! and your guests...

K/H_Addict
December 22nd, 2006, 02:28 AM
poodlehead

:wtf:

Hahnarama
December 22nd, 2006, 06:27 AM
You know I love these two like brothers, and there's nobody in the world I really give more feldercarb than my friends.

Plus, Hahn really is an idiot.

I prefer to call it my alluring charm! :P

Welcome back to the cesspool you F Tard!

Uprising
December 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
:up:

funrun
December 22nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
Oh and Hero, don't forget: Martini Mix-off Challenge, GenCon '07 :funrun:

hextr1p
December 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah, this was a great podcast. I'm enjoying the fact that not only are the subjects specific to the individual Truth interviews, but you get a real sense of the character of the person being interviewed. This time around, I really liked the "conference call" aspect, bringing both Hero n' Hahn together to play off one another, with Truth right there to keep things moving.

I'm enjoying these more and more with each cast posted, and can't wait for the next. Great work to all involved!

I do have a question though:

:arrow: WHO IS GOING TO INTERVIEW TRUTH?

truth
December 22nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, this was a great podcast. I'm enjoying the fact that not only are the subjects specific to the individual Truth interviews, but you get a real sense of the character of the person being interviewed. This time around, I really liked the "conference call" aspect, bringing both Hero n' Hahn together to play off one another, with Truth right there to keep things moving.

I'm enjoying these more and more with each cast posted, and can't wait for the next. Great work to all involved!

I think you get plenty of me with me interviewing everyone else ;)

Hahnarama
December 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
I wish you could have heard the train Wreck that was the Hero/Hahn exchange. It brought back a lot of good memories.

Truth did a GREAT job of editing out the garbage!

Of course I wish he would have left in Wookie Life Day

deadeyedan42
December 23rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
I wish you could have heard the train Wreck that was the Hero/Hahn exchange. It brought back a lot of good memories.

Truth did a GREAT job of editing out the garbage!

Of course I wish he would have left in Wookie Life Day

:? .....no.............just no..........don't ask cause' it wont happen..........EVER....................

noodles
December 24th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'm really loving the podcasts guys.

noodles
December 24th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I want to add some games that I think are great non-heroscape gateway games.

1) Shadows Over Camelot - a game where 1-7 players take on the roles of Knights of the Round Table and go on quests. It's a card management game but the catch is that all players work together to defeat the board - almost like a giant game of team solitaire if you can imagine. And there is always the possibility that one of the people playing is a traitor trying to sabotage the other players. Very Easy and quick to learn and lots of fun.

2) Robo Rally - A game for the computer geek in all of us. Everybody controls a robot on a gridded board laced with dangers such as flamethrowers, lasers, pits, etc.. and everybody's robot is equipped with a weapon of sorts. The game is played with cards that you use to program the movement of your robots as you race through the pitfalls to checkpoints. The problem is that you have to program your robot's movement 5 moves in advance. As your robot gets injured you get less cards which translates to less options in your movement instructions. if you miscalculate your instructions or your robot gets off course, you usually die but you do get 3 lives. Super easy to learn and play and a great beer and pretzels kind of game.

dra(gon)
December 25th, 2006, 02:16 PM
verry good.

but what was the game fromm essen that hero play in german?

GaryLASQ
December 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I'm really loving the podcasts guys.indeed. the podcasts are excellent! keep 'em coming.

Grungebob
December 25th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I'm really loving the podcasts guys.indeed. the poscasts are excellent! keep 'em coming.Um... You aint heard nothin' yet!! Remember that Truth said there was going to be an extra podcast coming up this Friday.......

GaryLASQ
December 25th, 2006, 05:45 PM
don't tell me he lined up an interview with you know who...?

truth
December 25th, 2006, 06:49 PM
don't tell me he lined up an interview with you know who...?

No it's just a special tweener episode. Its kinda like a what would have ran last cast if Hero would have been any later logging on for our interview.

GaryLASQ
December 25th, 2006, 07:59 PM
cool. a special Holiday Edition then.

we can still hope for the ultimate interview though. :)

Hahnarama
December 25th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Huh, can't wait

skyknight
December 25th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'm perplexed.... I was so thinking it was the big guys. Oh well maybe someday.

noodles
December 26th, 2006, 12:38 AM
The ultimate interview? Are we talking R&C?

GaryLASQ
December 26th, 2006, 01:27 AM
yes R&C but this was just wishful thinking. (this is how rumors get started...)

Hex_Enduction_Hour
December 26th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Another great Podcast!
Hero is definitely the man.
Ice House - I'm intrigued! :lol:
And what Essen game is Hero referring to - Valley of Adventure? What is that?!?
I'm interested!

Hahnarama
December 26th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Ice House is a great "travel game" I woudn't get together to play it, but if I was stuck at an airport in Denver for a week it would be a life saver.

General Joker 13
December 26th, 2006, 11:38 AM
8) i got this game for my kids and want to know if there is a community that is near me so that we can get some real enjoument out of this game. I've caught on to the game pretty easily already and also want to know if there is a program or something i can go to where i can gemerate my own maps and print them out.

General Joker 13
December 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
is ne1 here?

truth
December 26th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Tal der Abenteuer (http://boardgamegeek.com/game/25142)

^The link to Valley of Adventure, the game Hero said was the best game he ever played.

General Joker 13:
Mapping programs are in the Downloads section under software.

Hex_Enduction_Hour
December 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Tal der Abenteuer (http://boardgamegeek.com/game/25142)

^The link to Valley of Adventure, the game Hero said was the best game he ever played.

And there you have it. The title is in German over on BGG. Thanks Truth.

General Joker 13
December 26th, 2006, 12:00 PM
thanks guys i appreciate it

Aldin
December 26th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the site, General Joker 13!

If you're looking for locals to game with, you might try posting in this thread:

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=72&start=135

~Aldin

truth
December 29th, 2006, 03:04 PM
The special 3.5 episode is up.

hextr1p
December 29th, 2006, 03:21 PM
:x ARGH! I don't have my earphones here at work!

But I dig the Hahn/Hero hybrid icon... heh heh...

Hahnarama
December 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
:x ARGH! I don't have my earphones here at work!

But I dig the Hahn/Hero hybrid icon... heh heh...

It's worth the wait.....well not really :P

hero
December 30th, 2006, 06:51 PM
So,

Shadows over camelot: Sorry, just don't get it. Played it. Think it's kinda "eh" but then I HATE collab games, so I'm just not the right audience. The only exception is Arkham.

Abenteur: I should warn you most people will play this a few times and think "this is so simplistic it's practically a kids game" but it's incredibly complex strategically, once you've got a few folks hooked.

Icehouse: I have since learned -- really learned -- how to play the root game, Icehouse (the whole system is called Icehouse (http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/IcehouseTOC.html), but there's a game it comes from). It's unbelievably good. It's like no other game you've played. There are no turns. It can go very very quickly, or very very slowly, and it's 100 percent pure strategy.

dra(gon)
December 31st, 2006, 11:09 AM
pc 3,5 was funny . . i like that beat on hour dead conzept. :wink:

maybe if it is posiebel truth can send his question to to other users get writing answers and Hahnarama reads only the answers like the voice.

but i think that direct interview is better in ponits of hs talk . as got six question and 6 sort answers.

intro...
favrit game?
"all helo pats includig 3"
did you like hs ?
"yes"
favorit units
"drake" :wink: (reading is so hard)
favorit hero
"mr t"
greates hs moment
"winning a match" (i got win only one)
what will you buy next
"flood" (could mean food)

that is that i not want.

truth a great job! sad that my englich is horribel like hell, i dont have a microphone, and major not so interesting ;).

great next year

Joah
January 1st, 2007, 03:14 AM

I will.
You won't be able to handle that interview, :wink:

Hex_Enduction_Hour
January 1st, 2007, 03:21 AM
It's worth the wait.....well not really :P
Jeez, now when I read your posts, they're all in your tone of voice. Git outta my head!

Hahnarama
January 1st, 2007, 09:41 AM
The voices in my head told me to stop my medication.....

noodles
January 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
So,

Shadows over camelot: Sorry, just don't get it. Played it. Think it's kinda "eh" but then I HATE collab games, so I'm just not the right audience. The only exception is Arkham.

Abenteur: I should warn you most people will play this a few times and think "this is so simplistic it's practically a kids game" but it's incredibly complex strategically, once you've got a few folks hooked.

Icehouse: I have since learned -- really learned -- how to play the root game, Icehouse (the whole system is called Icehouse (http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/IcehouseTOC.html), but there's a game it comes from). It's unbelievably good. It's like no other game you've played. There are no turns. It can go very very quickly, or very very slowly, and it's 100 percent pure strategy.

Funny I hate Arhkam but love Shadows over Camelot.

noodles
January 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Hahn - excellent Hero impersonation.

Hahnarama
January 23rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks dude, and wait until you see what I do for my next Hero trick.