PDA

View Full Version : How does HScapers work?

johnny139
November 9th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I mean, beneath the surface. Is it owned by one person, or do the admins work together? Are the Mods other than UPC? How many Admins are their, in reality?

robaula
November 9th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Green people are mods, orange are admin... donate money to keep the site going (PayPal)
I'm sure its all there somewhere, in another thread.

Truth is the God-Head of the site ("belongs" to him, I believe)

Why do you want to know?

johnny139
November 9th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Green people are mods, orange are admin... donate money to keep the site going (PayPal)
I'm sure its all there somewhere, in another thread.

Truth is the God-Head of the site ("belongs" to him, I believe)

Why do you want to know?

I dunno, just curious. Do all of the Admins work together on major things, or do they each do seperate projects?

Oogie_Da_Bruce
November 9th, 2006, 04:56 PM
When HQ was dying, Truth picked up the slack and started Scapers. If it were not for this, who knows how the community would have landed. There were other sites that sprung up, but most of the community came here.

When he created this site, he gathered his team of Admins (some old, some new) and tried to build a place that would be a more stable home for "all things Scape".

Admins (as a whole) discuss the State of the Site almost on a daily basis, make suggestions, and debate subjects at length. Once a descision is made all Admins support the choice and do what they can to help the overall cause.

Some admins are better at certain things than others. I myself am not a tech savy guru like some of the other admins are, but I love to make and discuss maps so thats my specialty. (BTW - work slowing down a bit gives me hope that I'll get to spend more time with the HS map love).

Each forum has a moderator, a primary point of contact, to help users of that forum with any questions of concerns they might have about that section. UPC was gracious enought to help out in the map and Battle Report department (Thanks UPC!!! He's one hell of a mapmaker!!!).

Admins are not bound by who is moderating what, but rather browse the forums as most of you would, posting here and there and helping out where they can.

I hope this helps you understand the Administration's structure,

ODB

Update:Someone who is a solely a moderator (green name) does not participate in admin forum discussions, or troubleshoot site issues, or help with user accounts. They soley modify/ moderate the posts in the threads of their assigned forum.

Admins (orange names) do functions of both moderator and everything else listed above (although the non tech-savvy ones don't troubleshoot site issues).