PDA

View Full Version : Northeast (New England) NHSD 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game Day

Scapemage
August 20th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Northeast (New England) National Heroscape Day 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game Day
Sponsored by RacNRoll Gaming and Boxed Up Fun

This year for National Heroscape Day 2011, we've planned something big, something different, something fun. Something...diverse! Taunting huh? Read on!

When: National Heroscape Day of course! October 15th, 2011. You may officially begin gaming at 10:30 AM, so please arrive by 10:00 AM if possible. Gaming will officially end and we will move to prize raffles at around 5 PM (may be earlier). If you cannot arrive by 10:00 AM (long drive, other matters, whatever the case), that is fine! This is a game day, so come and leave whenever you please.

We can get into the church as early as 8:00 AM. If you plan on bringing maps or helping with set-up, please arrive between 8:00 and 9:30 AM.

Where: First Congregational Church, 880 Western Avenue, Brattleboro, VT, 05301, (802) 254-9767. Map information (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=first+congregational+church+brattleboro,+vt&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl)

The church is the First Congregational Church, NOT the Green Mountain Church nearby. The entrance is on the side near the back, but you must drive the long way around the church because it's a one-way zone due to the nearby school. The entrance will be marked with a sign on the door, and it is the entrance with the onning. Please do not use the front entrance. Once through the door, walk down a short hall after turning right to get to the room, through double-doors which will be open. There will be 3 long rows of tables for maps. In either the front or the back we will have a prize table set up. When you enter the room, turn right for restrooms.

There is plenty of places to eat nearby, including West Brattleboro Pizza just a short walk down the street.

Format: This year for National Heroscape day we are not running a tournament. That's right, no tournament. What's this you say? Well, we thought that since it is National Heroscape Day, we should celebrate the many aspects of Heroscape that have brought us joy throughout the years. So we will be doing a Mash-Up (Smash-Up) to celebrate the many diverse ways that Heroscape can be played.

At each table in our vast playing space (special thanks to Ruth Tripp for allowing us to use this space multiple times over the past year!), you will get to play a different format of Heroscape! That's right! Each table is different. There may be 2 of the same format in the room, but that is to accommodate for the many options so that every single person can play exactly what they want, and also try out some new things.

For those with a competitive itch, we will be running Alley Brackets beginning every two hours. Each Alley is a 3 round, single-elimination tourney consisting of 8 people, where players play regular 1-on-1 games. Anyone can participate in any number of Alleys, but it is not required.

Note: This list may be updated with new formats or changes at any time.
We should have access to 9 tables. Each table will support 2 Stations, or places to play. The current layout will look something like this:

18 Stations:
1. Regular Game
2. Regular Game
3. Regular Game
4. Regular Game
5. Regular Game
6. C3G Game
7. C3G Game
8. Draft
9. Draft
10. Draft
11. Scenario - Official
12. Scenario - Dungeon
13. Scenario - C3G
14. Team Game - 2-on-2
15. Team Game - 2-on-2
16. 3-Player - Free-for-All
17. 3-Player - Free-for-All
18. Summoner Wars
19. Summoner Wars

The 5 Recommended Formats are looking to be:
Regular Game (Alley qualifies for this)
Draft (with pre-set pool)
C3G Game (with pre-set armies to choose from)
Scenario (Official, Dungeon, and C3G Scenarios all count for this)
Multiplayer (Team and 3-Player both count)

People who play Magic: The Gathering can bring decks to play.

All things considered, enjoy a nice day of casual gaming and have fun with it!

Prizes: Since there is no tournament this year, prizes will not be given out by order of standings (because there is no standings). Instead, they will be raffled. All attendees will receive 1 raffle ticket. All attendees to contribute at least 1 prize to the prize table will receive 1 additional raffle ticket1. In addition, 5 formats will be chosen as Recommended Formats. All attendees who play at least 1 game in each of the 5 Recommended Formats will receive 1 additional raffle ticket (Everyone will be given a sheet to record which formats they have played).

This year, we are hoping for a rather interesting prize table. Since everything will be raffled, it is okay to bring repaints, custom figures and/or terrain, mods, to contribute to the prize table (boosters, sets, and other games *Heroscape preferred however* are still perfectly fine). We also have prize support from our friends Rychean, EternalThanos86, and Boxed Up Fun. The more prizes, the better!

What you need to bring: Every player needs to bring at least 1 450 point army to participate. All scenarios and game types will call for a 450 point army. So yes, you can use 1 army for every format. However, since this is casual, feel free to bring as many different armies as you'd like.

In the Alley tourneys, you will not be allowed to switch armies in between rounds.

If you so choose, just for fun, you might consider combining a couple of your armies with a couple of your opponents for a fun draft. However, this will not count as a Draft for the Recommended Formats.

It is highly suggested that your army not take up more than 16 starting hexes as to accommodate for team games and such.

Maps: Will be updated frequently as decisions are made. Next to each map you will find what format will be played on the map, as well as a small note regarding who is responsible for bringing the map.

Xualtiaca from the SoTM Rulebook - Draft - Bengi or Neo

Table of the Giants from the RoTV Rulebook - Draft - Ollie or Neo

Margins of Error - Team Game - Ollie
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//margins%20of%20errorr_000006_1hm.jpg

A Twist of Fate - 3 Player FFA - Ollie
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//twistoffate_Tw8.jpg

Remnant - Regular Game - Bengi
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//remnant_sLy.jpg

Fenris - Regular Game - Bengi
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//fenris1_oY3.jpg

Sirocco - Regular Game - Bengi
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//sirocco1_I4P.jpg

Infested Glade - Regular Game - Bengi
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//infested%20glade%20v1_05_sCr.jpg

Incendium - Regular Game - Bengi
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//incendium1_P94.jpg

Canyon Flares - Team Game - Bengi
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/segascaper/CanyonFlares.jpg

Sewer Labyrinth - C3G Game - Bengi
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gwstuff/Sewer-Labyrinth.jpg

Kaltengeist - Draft - Bengi
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//kaltengeist1_fMw.jpg

Swamp Lab - C3G Game - Scapemage
http://c3games.com/C3G/released/maps/C3G_SwampLab.png

Entrails Trevail - 3 Player FFA - Scapemage
http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//entrails%20travail%20-%20overview_0o4.jpg

Searing Pass - Supply Shortage Official Scenario - Scapemage
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc189/fred_the_bug/searingpass.jpg

Fortress of Solitude - An Icy Reunion C3G Scenario - Scapemage
http://c3games.com/C3G/released/maps/FortressOfSolitude.png

Deep Ruins - Treasured Remnants Dungeon Scenario - Scapemage
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6862/deepruinspicture.jpg

Attendees (22 Definite, 35 Potential):
Please RSVP by PM or post here if you will or might be attending.
*= maybe
1. Scapemage
2. Neo
3. Onacara
4. Dylan
5. Anthony
6. Nyys
7. PJ
8. Bengi
9. Nyys's Nephew 1*
10. Nyys's Nephew 2*
11. Nyphot
12. Nyphot's Wife
13. Bamoguy*
14. Charr21*
15. Orcelfarmy1
16. Orcelfarmy1's Dad
17. Ollie
18. Darkmage7a
19. Ugly1HornedMule
20. Cleon*
21. Cleon's Father*
22. WarlordoftheWolves
23. Green Mtn Goblin
24. Shades Fan*
25. TomCollins2000
26. Imadragon*
27. CHOMP!*
28. lol'otis*
29. Adam
30. HarryPlopper
31. Venair
32. Loborocket
33. Jimmy
34. Jimmy's friend 1*
35. Jimmy's friend 2*
36. Mombo101*
37. Venair's cousin
38. Jordan*

Thank you to Bengi for the idea.
Special thanks to EternalThanos86, R˙chean, and Boxed Up Fun for donating prizes.
Very special thank you to Onacara and RacnRoll Gaming for sponsoring the event.
Very very special thank you to Ruth Tripp for doing everything she can to allow us to use such a wonderful gaming space frequently.

Neo
August 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
I can probably come, so put me as maybe. BTW- Can it still be a tournament with rank determined by win-loss difference with a minimum number of matches played?

Onacara
August 23rd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Me and my 2 boys will be there...will be nice to just show up and play for a change.

nyys
August 23rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
No trip/event planned this year for NHSD weekend so it's looking good for myself and the little guy. Will know more firmly once October rolls around.

Bengi
August 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
In. Let me know if I can help with maps or something.

Scapemage
August 23rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
I have just added a large amount of information to the first post.

Awesome! I am really hoping that we will get a large number of attendees this time around. So please, tell your friends!

@Neo, There will not be a tournament of any kind this year. That has been decided and will not be changed, sorry. With all the difference formats, people will be playing very different amount of games throughout the day, so standings will not be fair if determined at all.

@Bengi, I am in the process of choosing maps. I will send you a PM when I have made all of the decisions.

bamoguy
August 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
Okay go ahead and put me down as a maybe. If I do or don't go though, I am still very interested in helping organize and stuff like you mentioned in one of your posts, so just let me know wherever or whenever I can help.

Onacara
August 23rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
In order to get as many people there as possible....

RacNRoll Gaming will be sponsoring the event by putting up the $70 for the event space.

Attendees should just bring something for the prize table. :)

PS: Anthony is Onacara Jr...my other son is Dylan ;)

Scapemage
August 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
In order to get as many people there as possible....

RacNRoll Gaming will be sponsoring the event by putting up the $70 for the event space.

Attendees should just bring something for the prize table. :)

PS: Anthony is Onacara Jr...my other son is Dylan ;)
Oh wow! Thanks Onacara! I really appreciate that! This helps so much! I can't thank you enough and you will be in my thank-yous as a very special thanks.

nyys
August 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
:thumbsup:

If we're able to come (and it looks good, I confirmed the date is still open as far as the fam is concerned) I'm going to see if two of my nephews want to come as well.

We'll contribute to the prize table the question is should it be a regular game that Onacara doesn't have and in turn make him :drool: or a 'rare' Scape item and possibly cause an incident. :)

Scapemage
August 23rd, 2011, 10:14 PM

If we're able to come (and it looks good, I confirmed the date is still open as far as the fam is concerned) I'm going to see if two of my nephews want to come as well.

We'll contribute to the prize table the question is should it be a regular game that Onacara doesn't have and in turn make him :drool: or a 'rare' Scape item and possibly cause an incident. :)
Personally, I'd say rare 'scape item, however, Onacara is sponsoring the event, so a game in his dedication would also be good. Both would be absolutely excellent.

Onacara
August 23rd, 2011, 10:16 PM

Personally, I'd say rare 'scape item, however, Onacara is sponsoring the event, so a game in his dedication would also be good. Both would be absolutely excellent.

I'm not sponsoring the event...RacNRoll Gaming is ;)

If you want to give me a game I dont have but want thats fine too :p

nyphot
August 23rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
I'd like to go (haven't been to a game day in quite some time), but I'm not sure if I can convince my wife it's worth the drive... Very tentative for now, and I'll see what I can do. :)

nyys
August 23rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Ah c'mon, you have to go. I'm still hanging onto that pack of Reavers/WoA that was in the combined HouseMouse order we made several months ago.

What's 100 or so miles to get a $7 pack of Scape. :)

Scapemage
August 23rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
I'd like to go (haven't been to a game day in quite some time), but I'm not sure if I can convince my wife it's worth the drive... Very tentative for now, and I'll see what I can do. :)

She could visit the Brattleboro Museum of Fine Art, catch a movie at the Latchis Theatre, shop locally in downtown Brattleboro, and more while you game.

nyphot
August 24th, 2011, 07:30 AM

She could visit the Brattleboro Museum of Fine Art, catch a movie at the Latchis Theatre, shop locally in downtown Brattleboro, and more while you game.

The problem is around convincing her to make the drive with me... if she comes, she'll play! :)

It's on the calendar, so now it's a matter of justifying it...

nyys, thanks for holding onto that booster for so long! I was hoping to get out sooner...

nyys
August 24th, 2011, 08:35 AM
No worries, you're just lucky I have 'enough' of that pack or they would have made it to my gaming table by now. ;)

Charr21
August 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I might be able to go. I'm with whatever Bamoguy says.

arp12
August 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I won't be able to go becasue of my usual Saturday cello commitments... have fun though. :)

ollie
August 24th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Huh, I miss an event and you guys plan to squeeze as much of the stuff I like less about 'scape into the next event as possible while I'm not there to grumble? Pfft. :p

I'll be there anyway, I should think.

A small plea for something that has worked well on previous NHSD mash-ups: what about having one strip of seven maps for 8-player, 3-round, single-elimination, kill 'em all "alleys"? That should be enough to satisfy the competitve itch that I (and others?) have. Actually, it could go pretty smoothly with five maps if we started them less frequently. What do you think?

Scapemage
August 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Huh, I miss an event and you guys plan to squeeze as much of the stuff I like less about 'scape into the next event as possible while I'm not there to grumble? Pfft. :p

A small plea for something that has worked well on previous NHSD mash-ups: what about having one strip of seven maps for 8-player, 3-round, single-elimination, kill 'em all "alleys"? That should be enough to satisfy the competitve itch that I (and others?) have. Actually, it could go pretty smoothly with five maps if we started them less frequently. What do you think?
You only have to play what you want to. :p This is to celebrate the many different ways 'scape can be played.

Your idea might work, but I'd have to limit it at 8 people, 4 maps. It would only be 3 rounds maximum, and the 4 maps used would be the only 4 in the room that you could play regular gaems on, so that we don't need to use that much space, and people can play regular games as soon as the first round is finished (leaving 2 maps open for casual). This little tourney however would not affect prizes however. Maybe the winner recieves an additional raffle ticket (but it'd be unfair since only 8 people of our attendees would be playing in the tourney).

I will give it some thought.

@Arp, too bad! I was really hoping you could come. If for some oddball reason you end up being able to make it, let me know.

ollie
August 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Your idea might work, but I'd have to limit it at 8 people, 4 maps. It would only be 3 rounds maximum, and the 4 maps used would be the only 4 in the room that you could play regular gaems on, so that we don't need to use that much space, and people can play regular games as soon as the first round is finished (leaving 2 maps open for casual). This little tourney however would not affect prizes however. Maybe the winner recieves an additional raffle ticket (but it'd be unfair since only 8 people of our attendees would be playing in the tourney).

I'm pretty sure it would work: as evidence I offer that it has worked well in the past.

The idea would to be to have more than one such mini-tournament ("alley") through the day, so that people could play in multiple ones, if that's what they wanted, and that it wouldn't be limited to eight people in total (though, yes, each alley would be an eight-player knockout, like you describe). With five maps we could start one every two hours (with some spare maps at some times for other games). With seven maps, we could start one every hour, but unless the attendance is huge I think the five map solution is better. And no reason at all to have it affect prizes---this is not putting itself above the other games on offer in importance, just giving another way to play. :2cents:

(Also, why the strict rules about designated maps? I can see that three-player stuff makes a difference, but why can't the same map be used for drafting, regular, team,... games?)

arp12
August 24th, 2011, 05:42 PM
@Arp, too bad! I was really hoping you could come. If for some oddball reason you end up being able to make it, let me know.
Yeah, I regularly can't attend events during the school year. If anyone wants to host an event on a Sunday, or on Nov 26, Dec 17, Dec 24, Feb 18, or March 17, that'd be great (I'll try for PiW on one of those days). Otherwise, you won't see me until June.

Bengi
August 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I like the alley idea. This has always been a lot of fun in the past. It's pretty self governing as well, very easy to run.

Scapemage, as you plan this, don't worry about terrain as a limitation. I'm sure there are enough of us that can provide whatever terrain is needed.

Scapemage
August 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM

I'm pretty sure it would work: as evidence I offer that it has worked well in the past.

The idea would to be to have more than one such mini-tournament ("alley") through the day, so that people could play in multiple ones, if that's what they wanted, and that it wouldn't be limited to eight people in total (though, yes, each alley would be an eight-player knockout, like you describe). With five maps we could start one every two hours (with some spare maps at some times for other games). With seven maps, we could start one every hour, but unless the attendance is huge I think the five map solution is better. And no reason at all to have it affect prizes---this is not putting itself above the other games on offer in importance, just giving another way to play. :2cents:

(Also, why the strict rules about designated maps? I can see that three-player stuff makes a difference, but why can't the same map be used for drafting, regular, team,... games?)
Alright, I'll strongly take that into consideration then. Once I've made more decisions on maps (and how many we'll be using, since attendence affects this), I will work out a way to have that happen.

Regarding your map comments, there will be maps specifically set up for team games (larger likely, maybe with split start zones), and maps specifically set up for drafting (with pre-set draft pools). However, there will be at least 5 (as per your "Alleys" format) 'anything' maps. While these maps are meant for regular games, certainly you could draft or play a team game if you wanted.

As far as a space layout, I belive we will be getting 9 tables (+1 for a prize table). Each table will support 2 "stations
(places to play), so that's 18 stations. A quick theory I have come up with would look something like this:

18 Stations:
1. Draft
2. Draft
3. Draft
4. 3-player FFA
5. 3-player FFA
6. Official Scenario
7. Dungeon Scenario
8. C3G Scenario
9. C3G Game
10. C3G Game
11. Team
12. Team
13. Regular Map
14. Regular Map
15. Regular Map
16. Regular Map
17. Regular Map
18. Summoner Wars

That's 5 regular maps. If we can get a 10th table, account for another Regular Map and another Summoner Wars. If we can get an 11th table, account for yet another Regular Map and another Official Scenario.

The 5 Recommended Formats are looking to be:
Regular Game (Alley qualifies for this)
Draft (with pre-set pool)
C3G Game (with pre-set armies to choose from)
Scenario (Official, Dungeon, and C3G Scenarios all count for this)
Multiplayer (Team and 3-Player both count)

So, to get the Recommended Formats raffle ticket, one needs to play each of 5 categories, but does not need to play at every station and has choices of which game in each category they'd like to participate in. Again, you do not have to complete the Recommended Formats list.

Darkmage7a
August 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Put me on the maybe* list. :) My schedule is in question at the moment.

ugly1hornedmule
August 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I will try my best to be up there, I have to get the day off from work. I look forward to seeing everyone once a year.

Cleon
August 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I'll try to make it out there and hopefully with my pops too. I've been pretty absent around these forums and with gaming all together this summer, but I hope to get back out there to these tournaments. :)

Scapemage
August 28th, 2011, 07:51 PM
My brand new dungeon map that I built specifically for this event is up! The map is called Deep Ruins, and the scenario is called Treasured Remnants. Enjoy!

Scapemage
August 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
We now qualify for lowest level prize support! :woot:

bamoguy
August 30th, 2011, 05:23 PM
My brand new dungeon map that I built specifically for this event is up! The map is called Deep Ruins, and the scenario is called Treasured Remnants. Enjoy!

Is there a link to the scenario anywhere?

We now qualify for lowest level prize support! :woot:

Awesome!!!

Scapemage
August 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM

Is there a link to the scenario anywhere?

Nope. It's a secret. ;)

OrcElfArmyOne
September 2nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
I can`t wait for October 15th! Only 1 month, 13 days to go!

Scapemage
September 2nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
I can`t wait for October 15th! Only 1 month, 13 days to go!
yes! I hope more people respond. I want this to be big.

Scapemage
September 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Every player needs to bring at least 1 450 point army to participate. All scenarios and game types will call for a 450 point army. So yes, you can use 1 army for every format. However, since this is casual, feel free to bring as many different armies as you'd like.

In the Alley tourneys, you will not be allowed to switch armies in between rounds.

If you so choose, just for fun, you might consider combining a couple of your armies with a couple of your opponents for a fun draft. However, this will not count as a Draft for the Recommended Formats.

It is highly suggested that your army not take up more than 16 starting hexes as to accommodate for team games and such.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 4th, 2011, 10:03 PM
450 points? Not my favorite (I like 550- 600 better), but not bad. Thanks for posting so early. Now I can start making my army!

Scapemage
September 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
450 points? Not my favorite (I like 550- 600 better), but not bad. Thanks for posting so early. Now I can start making my army!
Yeah. 450 makes it so that team and 3 player games don't take ages to play, and the official scenario I picked requires a 450 point army. Might as well make it simple and allow your army to work with every format.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah. 450 makes it so that team and 3 player games don't take ages to play, and the official scenario I picked requires a 450 point army. Might as well make it simple and allow your army to work with every format.
Yeah, I understand. 600 point armies team games would be outrageous!:x

Shades fan
September 8th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I might make this one, depends on if everything falls in the right place. First heroscape tourny in a while and I have none of the "newest"(haha) but should be fun figured I could bring a few of my family( best friends) and hopefully get em into it so I have someone to play with.

So a maybe for me but I always love Vermont so we'll have to see

~Shades

Scapemage
September 8th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I might make this one, depends on if everything falls in the right place. First heroscape tourny in a while and I have none of the "newest"(haha) but should be fun figured I could bring a few of my family( best friends) and hopefully get em into it so I have someone to play with.

So a maybe for me but I always love Vermont so we'll have to see

~Shades
Hope you guys can come down. Your PM box has been full for months, wihc is why you didn't receive a PM about my last few events.

Lots of old faces will still be around Shades, you'll know people. :)

ollie
September 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Shades Fan! Woohoo! :excited:

I like 450pts and the prize format. For the prize table, I'm thinking that bringing a bunch of smaller stuff (breaking a booster into the two squads as separate prizes for example) to better spread the love (increasing the chances of everyone getting a prize, and many people getting two or more smaller ones). I'd really like to see some C3V and SoV stuff on there too, if anyone wants to bring some?

Scapemage
September 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Shades Fan! Woohoo! :excited:

I like 450pts and the prize format. For the prize table, I'm thinking that bringing a bunch of smaller stuff (breaking a booster into the two squads as separate prizes for example) to better spread the love (increasing the chances of everyone getting a prize, and many people getting two or more smaller ones). I'd really like to see some C3V and SoV stuff on there too, if anyone wants to bring some?
I unforetuneately do not own any C3V, but if anyone does, that'd be great. I too will be bringing some small stuff, including a few unreleased (with permission) C3G singles. Since everything is being raffled, the more small things you bring, the more people will enjoy getting a prize.

warlordofthewolves
September 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM
sounds great me and green mnt goblin will be there

Scapemage
September 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
sounds great me and green mnt goblin will be there
Already got ya' down. :up:

Congrats on the 10th post. :p

OrcElfArmyOne
September 13th, 2011, 04:22 PM
The reason I`m putting this here and not in the trade thread is this is only open to people who are going to this. Does anybody going have an extra Knights and tha Swog pack that they would sell to me for a reasonable price? If you do, shoot me a PM, and we can make the transaction at NHSD New England. It can be used or new, and we`ll come up with a price depending. Thanks!

Neo
September 13th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I am now a definite attendee.

Scapemage
September 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I am now a definite attendee.
Sweet! There's still tons of people we haven't heard from (positive or negative), so if any of you see some of our 'scapers for some sort of function or game night, please let them know about this event!

Also, sorry I haven't gotten around to posting the maps. All but 2 of them have been picked out. I will get the list up soon.

Neo
September 13th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Is their any way that the point total can be hanged to 465? I feel that unusual point totals call for unusual armies.

Scapemage
September 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Is their any way that the point total can be hanged to 465? I feel that unusual point totals call for unusual armies.
Sadly I cannot make that change. However, if your just a few points over in one of your armies, just let your opponent know. We're nice enough to have some fun with a little wiggle room in the armies don't you think? just don't use an overcosted army in an Alley.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I changed my offer to either the knights or the swog, we don`t have to do both. I also have 1 C3V unit for trade: Zogross Hardscale.

Scapemage
September 13th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I changed my offer to either the knights or the swog, we don`t have to do both. I also have 1 C3V unit for trade: Zogross Hardscale.
You may actually want to try the Trade Thread. There's absolutely nothing wrong with posting here, but I guarentee you you'll save so much more luck on the trade thread.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 14th, 2011, 04:12 PM
You may actually want to try the Trade Thread. There's absolutely nothing wrong with posting here, but I guarentee you you'll save so much more luck on the trade thread.
The problem is, I don`t want to be known as a trader, because then I`ll get people from all over wanting to trade. I`m not comfortable with sending my figures and/or money in the mail, and neither is my parents. Also, I`ve gotten two offers so far and I`m working it out with them. I don`t care how many knights or swogs I get, I just want 1 each, min., especially the swog. If I got the swog, I would have every orc!:D Thanks for letting me do it here.

nyphot
September 14th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hey all,

I'm about 90% sure I'll be able to make it, with my wife (now lubie on the boards). I'll write again when I'm 100%.

We'll probably drive up on Friday and stay at a B&B. I'm not sure if we'll be able to help set up though... she's willing to play, but maybe not willing to stay ALL day. :D

Scapemage (or others), any thoughts on good places to stay in the area, or things we have to do while we're in the area? We'll mostly be around Friday evening since I expect we'll have a leisurely morning followed by a day of 'Scape!

As plans firm up, I'll know more... especially whether we can help set up or whatnot.

Looking forward to it... haven't played with all ya'll for many a moon.

Scapemage
September 14th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Hey all,

I'm about 90% sure I'll be able to make it, with my wife (now lubie on the boards). I'll write again when I'm 100%.

We'll probably drive up on Friday and stay at a B&B. I'm not sure if we'll be able to help set up though... she's willing to play, but maybe not willing to stay ALL day. :D

Scapemage (or others), any thoughts on good places to stay in the area, or things we have to do while we're in the area? We'll mostly be around Friday evening since I expect we'll have a leisurely morning followed by a day of 'Scape!

As plans firm up, I'll know more... especially whether we can help set up or whatnot.

Looking forward to it... haven't played with all ya'll for many a moon.

Brattleboro is plenty of fun. There's an Inn, but I can't quite remember the name. It's pretty cheap and not a bad place. It's on the same street with tons of shops, like Hammaforfs and Staples. I'm on my iPod at the moment so I will get you more information tomorrow.

Any help setting up is greatly appreciated! We already have people supplying terrain, but we have 18 maps to set up, so were going to need as many hands as we can get.

ollie
September 15th, 2011, 08:41 AM

Some places I like in Brattleboro:

McNeill's Brewery (http://www.yelp.com/biz/mcneills-brewery-brattleboro-2), Elliot St. A microbrewery that has been around a long time. Great beer.

Fireworks ( http://fireworksrestaurant.net/), Main St. Pizza, pasta, etc. Best food available downtown.

Latchis Cinema (http://www.latchis.com/). Watch whatever is on the main screen---it's a lovely art deco space. If you want to stay in the heart of downtown I know people that have and liked it. (It's probably more expensive than one of the generic Holiday Inn/Econolodge/??? near junctions 1 and 3 though, which is the place to look for cheap prices).

North End Butcher and Deli (http://www.northendbutchers.com/), Putney Rd. If you do stay out at junction 3 and want quick good food, this is the place (with a bit of lead time (15mins?), they do a take-out restaurant-style menu you could take back to the hotel).

Chelsea Royal Diner (http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/home.php), Route 9. Great place for breakfast; has an emphasis on supporting local farmers (and even produce some of their own food: vegetables, eggs, apples). This is close to the tournament venue in West Brattleboro (which is about ten minute drive from downtown Bratt). As it'll be peak time on a Saturday morning, allow 10-20mins to get a table.

Artificial Animal: Society, Government & Corporations, Talk by Peter Kinder (http://www.marlboro.edu/news/events/), Marlboro College Grad Center (downtown Brattleboro; not in Marlboro). Free talk at 5pm on the Friday.

Full disclosure: I have personal connections to most of these places. However, as those connections tended to come about because I loved the place, it's not too much of a stretch to recommend them I think. :)

Scapemage
September 15th, 2011, 08:51 AM

Some places I like in Brattleboro:

McNeill's Brewery (http://www.yelp.com/biz/mcneills-brewery-brattleboro-2), Elliot St. A microbrewery that has been around a long time. Great beer.

Fireworks (http://fireworksrestaurant.net/), Main St. Pizza, pasta, etc. Best food available downtown.

Latchis Cinema (http://www.latchis.com/). Watch whatever is on the main screen---it's a lovely art deco space. If you want to stay in the heart of downtown I know people that have and liked it. (It's probably more expensive than one of the generic Holiday Inn/Econolodge/??? near junctions 1 and 3 though, which is the place to look for cheap prices).

North End Butcher and Deli (http://www.northendbutchers.com/), Putney Rd. If you do stay out at junction 3 and want quick good food, this is the place (with a bit of lead time (15mins?), they do a take-out restaurant-style menu you could take back to the hotel).

Chelsea Royal Diner (http://www.chelsearoyaldiner.com/home.php), Route 9. Great place for breakfast; has an emphasis on supporting local farmers (and even produce some of their own food: vegetables, eggs, apples). This is close to the tournament venue in West Brattleboro (which is about ten minute drive from downtown Bratt). As it'll be peak time on a Saturday morning, allow 10-20mins to get a table.

Artificial Animal: Society, Government & Corporations, Talk by Peter Kinder (http://www.marlboro.edu/news/events/), Marlboro College Grad Center (downtown Brattleboro; not in Marlboro). Free talk at 5pm on the Friday.

Full disclosure: I have personal connections to most of these places. However, as those connections tended to come about because I loved the place, it's not too much of a stretch to recommend them I think. :)
The Latchis is closed currently due to flooding. It may be open by the tiem of the event, but that is unconfirmed. As far as hotels:
Here's a list (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hotels+in+brattleboro,+vt&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl).

nyphot
September 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks for all the great recommendations! I hope we can make it!

OrcElfArmyOne
September 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Less than a month away! So close-yet so far.:cry:

OrcElfArmyOne
September 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I`ve already gotten quite a few responses, and they`ve wanted to trade, so I`m fine with trading. For trade, I have waves 1, 8, 9(heroes only), 11, 12, and 13. You must contact me before September 28th so I can get the stuff ready. I also posted becaus we`re not on the first page anymore, and that annoys me! ;)

Scapemage
September 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I`ve already gotten quite a few responses, and they`ve wanted to trade, so I`m fine with trading. For trade, I have waves 1, 8, 9(heroes only), 11, 12, and 13. You must contact me before September 28th so I can get the stuff ready. I also posted becaus we`re not on the first page anymore, and that annoys me! ;)
Thanks for bumping.

We still haven't heard from many many people, where are you guys!

I will get the map list up and running today.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 19th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for bumping.

I don`t know who you`re talking about, but I know one thing: the more, the merrier!(As long as they don`t take up all of the alley spots!!);) If you need me to clog some inbox`s annoyingly, I can do so- ask ollie!:lol:

</IMG>

Scapemage
September 19th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for bumping.

I don`t know who you`re talking about, but I know one thing: the more, the merrier!(As long as they don`t take up all of the alley spots!!);) If you need me to clog some inbox`s annoyingly, I can do so- ask ollie!:lol:

</IMG>
I sent PMs to 70 people who have ever attended a New England event when this thread first came up. Of about the 40 still active, I've only heard from about 25.

nyphot
September 20th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Lubie and I are definite!

We're going to stay in Northfield, MA on our way though... hard to find occupancy in Brattleboro this time of year, I guess... it's because of all the Herscapers descending, I'm sure. ;)

Now to think about armies...

Scapemage
September 20th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Lubie and I are definite!

We're going to stay in Northfield, MA on our way though... hard to find occupancy in Brattleboro this time of year, I guess... it's because of all the Herscapers descending, I'm sure. ;)

Now to think about armies...
My friend lives in Northfield. Nice town indeed. :)
If you are struggling to find a prize, Greenfield Games in Greenfield, MA (very close to Northfield) has great selection.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 20th, 2011, 07:20 PM
#1 want is knights! Please, PM me if you have an extra card, and you want something from Waves 1, 8, 9(heroes only), 11, 12, or 13. I`ll give you 1 whole pack from one of theese waves for the knights. Reply before September 28th if interested!

Neo
September 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
#1 want is knights! Please, PM me if you have an extra card, and you want something from Waves 1, 8, 9(heroes only), 11, 12, or 13. I`ll give you 1 whole pack from one of theese waves for the knights. Reply before September 28th if interested!
No offense, but a used set of Knights is easily worth at least two new wave 1, 8, 9, 11, 12 or 13 sets.

Scapemage
September 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM
No offense, but a used set of Knights is easily worth at least two new wave 1, 8, 9, 11, 12 or 13 sets.
Not even close...

Knights of Weston, open: $18-22

A full current wave: $40

Neo
September 20th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Not even close...

I thought he meant one booster pack.

Scapemage
September 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Not even close...

I thought he meant one booster pack.

NIB? Well that's a different story.

Anywho, Orc, I don't min you trading here but try to keep it to a minimum. This thread is ideally for rsvps and tournament info.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 21st, 2011, 09:31 PM
Sorry, Scapemage, but thanks! I meant 2 booster packs, a bit of a typo. I was in a rush to get done homework, and I messed up. No, 2 booster packs are equal, not 1! :)

Drewman-chu
September 22nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
We won't be able to make the Mash UP this year. Daughter's birthday party. Sorry to miss it sounds like a great time!

tomcollins2000
September 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm in! What kind of draft will we be doing. I really liked the 3 pack draft at Gencon.

Neo
September 22nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Add Imadragon, CHOMP! and lil'otis as maybes

Scapemage
September 22nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
I'm in! What kind of draft will we be doing. I really liked the 3 pack draft at Gencon.
For hte drafts there will be pre-set pools. They will be interesting, I guarentee it, but you don't use any of your own figures for the drafts. Of course you can play a leisure draft of your own anytime.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 22nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Who`s CHOMP!? I`m the orc, not that phony! ;)
@ Scapemage: I read Rychean`s thread about prize support. What category do we fall in?

Scapemage
September 22nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
We are in the 12-24 range at the moment, but if in theory everybody who is a maybe shouts a confirm then we'll be in the 24-36 range.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry about the double post, but I remembered my other question:
Are we allowed to use proxies? Could we use Obsidians as Granites, or Nerak as a Swog? How about, lets say, romans for greeks, or deathstalkers for marrden hounds?

OrcElfArmyOne
September 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Is the maps list finalized? (Yeah, I realize that I have a lot of questions!)

Scapemage
September 22nd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Sorry about the double post, but I remembered my other question:
Are we allowed to use proxies? Could we use Obsidians as Granites, or Nerak as a Swog? How about, lets say, romans for greeks, or deathstalkers for marrden hounds?
If they're the same sculpt I think you'll be fine, as long as you specify before the game begins. However, if it's a different sculpt it interferes with the game due to a change in hit zone.

EDIT: Save 2 maps, the map list is finalized, yes.

Neo
September 22nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Who`s CHOMP!? I`m the orc, not that phony! ;)
@ Scapemage: I read R˙chean`s thread about prize support. What category do we fall in?
CHOMP! went to a tournament before you joined this site, so you are the phony.:lol:

OrcElfArmyOne
September 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, at the beast of the east tourney, thats how it was. It makes sense. And Neo, that`s probably true, and he`s my dino that chomps people for me! I`m his rider! ;)

Scapemage
September 22nd, 2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, at the beast of the east tourney, thats how it was. It makes sense. And Neo, that`s probably true, and he`s my dino that chomps people for me! I`m his rider! ;)
Last time I checked, anentire army of Orcs and Elves won't fit on Grimnak's dinosaur, because Grimnak is the rider himself.

OrcElfArmyOne
September 22nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Well, Scapemage, when we have a huge platform on CHOMPY! like in Lord of the Ring`s, the Mumakil (war elephants), than you can! :)

OrcElfArmyOne
September 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Sorry about the double post, but isn`t there anything new, other than my signature? Check out the link!

ugly1hornedmule
September 26th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Looks like I will be there, I may be bring my buddy Adam again too.

Scapemage
September 26th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Added. If all the maybes chime in, then we could have upwards to 29 people! :woot:

HarryPlopper
September 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I'll be there!

Scapemage
September 27th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I'll be there!
Welcome to the site and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

OrcElfArmyOne
September 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
If everybody can make it, wouldn`t we get something extra from Ry? Is there a time limit?

Scapemage
September 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
If everybody can make it, wouldn`t we get something extra from Ry? Is there a time limit?
We would, but there's no guarentee. Although I'd love something extra from Ry, there's no need to ask for it.

Darkmage7a
September 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Add me to the Definite list.8)

OrcElfArmyOne
September 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Trades are almost over, no more PM`s accepted after tommorow at noon. Thanks to the people I`m trading with, and thanks to Scapemage for hosting this! I can`t wait!

Scapemage
October 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
We're up to 20 definite attendees with only 2 weeks left to go! :woot:

OrcElfArmyOne
October 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
We're up to 20 definite attendees with only 2 weeks left to go! :woot:
Less than that, luckily! Can`t wait!

Scapemage
October 6th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Anyone who plays feel free to bring some Magic decks...I'll have mine with me.

9 days away! I'm scrambling with things to do but I cannot wait! Last minute attendees are certainly welcome! Friends, family, whatever are also welcome!

And if you have cameras, feel free to take pictures! Records of these kinds of events are great to have!

ollie
October 6th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I've started putting armies together, in my head at least. I'm looking forward to some fun alleys.

There are at least six different armies I really want to use; I better hope for some first round knockouts! Even then some are going to miss out, I suspect. But some first round knockouts are fairly likely as Acorlarh, Groks, Moriko, Kumiko, Monks, various Deathwalkers and the MacDirks are all on the slate (though, of course, I have my optimism/ego/love-for-all-units that means I secretly think each army has what it takes to win).

Scapemage
October 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I've started putting armies together, in my head at least. I'm looking forward to some fun alleys.

There are at least six different armies I really want to use; I better hope for some first round knockouts! Even then some are going to miss out, I suspect. But some first round knockouts are fairly likely as Acorlarh, Groks, Moriko, Kumiko, Monks, various Deathwalkers and the MacDirks are all on the slate (though, of course, I have my optimism/ego/love-for-all-units that means I secretly think each army has what it takes to win).
Each unit is good in its own way. ;) Don't forget to try out some of the other formats.

OrcElfArmyOne
October 7th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Wow, you`re bringing more than me! I`m only bringing 5, but I have about 5 more that I`m waiting to playtest on my dad! :) Oh man, can`t wait! 8 days!

Scapemage
October 7th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I haven't even begun to think yet, I've got other event stuff to do. Heck I still need to rebase my prizes. I like to go win the flow. I'll throw some interesting armies together on a whim most likely.

ollie
October 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Don't forget to try out some of the other formats.

I'll probably jump in on a draft or a scenario game or two as well, but the alleys are what I'm most looking forward to.

Venair
October 7th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm 90% sure that I can make it to the event, if u'll have me of course. I would love to help set up, but I don't really own enough terrain to bring an entire map with me. I do have a terrain mat that serves as a base level of 150-ish hexes of swamp/ swamp water terrain, if you are interested in making use of it I'd gladly take it w/ me. And I'm afraid I don't have any scape to give the prize table, but I would be more than willing to donate something else, if thats cool with you guys.

Scapemage
October 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hey guys, I'm 90% sure that I can make it to the event, if u'll have me of course. I would love to help set up, but I don't really own enough terrain to bring an entire map with me. I do have a terrain mat that serves as a base level of 150-ish hexes of swamp/ swamp water terrain, if you are interested in making use of it I'd gladly take it w/ me. And I'm afraid I don't have any scape to give the prize table, but I would be more than willing to donate something else, if thats cool with you guys.
You're more than welcome to come!

Please come early to set up if you can. You don't need to bring any terrain, just extra hands to build maps would be great.

Donating something else to the prize table is fine as long as it's gaming related.

Venair
October 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Cool, I would love to help build some maps with you guys. I will certainly come. I say 90% because of random chance that something stupid happens. My aunt and possibly uncle are going to drive me and I will try to get my cousin to tag along. They don't play scape, but I was hoping to convert them into fans. I will try to grab some scape off ebay before the event for the prize table, but if i can't I'll be sure to bring some games, possibly xbox 360 ones. Oh and I've never played socially before, and I have no idea what "alleys" and "drafting" is. I was hoping you would be willing to elaborate??

ollie
October 7th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Oh and I've never played socially before, and I have no idea what "alleys" and "drafting" is. I was hoping you would be willing to elaborate??

Alleys, in this context, refer to mini-tournaments: eight player knockouts. I don't know the exact details of how Scapemage plans to run them (or have them run themselves) but it'll be something like once there are eight players who want to do it, they'll be randomly sorted into a knockout structure and play upto three games (finishing as soon as you lose one).

For drafting there is a pool of units (which I think Scapemage is providing for each drafting map) and players alternate picking units until they've both reached the point total (450pts). You then play a regular kill 'em all game.

See you next week!

Venair
October 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Thx Ollie +rep to you if I knew how!! Can't wait for next week! I hope alot of people show up.

OrcElfArmyOne
October 7th, 2011, 08:37 PM
To +rep, click on the balance/scale at the top left of his post. Trust me, I was asking the same questions not to long ago. ;)

Scapemage
October 8th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks for elaborating Ollie.

We have 21 confirmed attendees including yourself, so you've got quite some people to meet. :)

Venair
October 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Awsome! I hope some of the "maybes" will decide to show as wll. My aunt has work, but my unlce is still driving me and I got my cousin to tag along. They may just watch us play scape though... my uncle works to often to learn to play games and my cousin is pretty shy. Still looking for scape to give to the prize table.

Scapemage
October 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Awsome! I hope some of the "maybes" will decide to show as wll. My aunt has work, but my unlce is still driving me and I got my cousin to tag along. They may just watch us play scape though... my uncle works to often to learn to play games and my cousin is pretty shy. Still looking for scape to give to the prize table.
If you can't find any 'scape, you can always throw in $10 to the prize table.

If everybody showed up, we'd have over 30 attendees! So keep your hopes up.

ollie
October 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Still looking for scape to give to the prize table.

Rather than official 'scape, it might be easier to get some C3V figures. I suspect they'd be well received, even without the cards made up (and if you have a colour printer and can make the cards too, so much the better!).

You can find which they are here (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35758), and there is some online shopping advice here (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37613).

[This advice is completely independent and in no way reflects my wish to acquire some C3V units.]

Scapemage
October 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Still looking for scape to give to the prize table.

Rather than official 'scape, it might be easier to get some C3V figures. I suspect they'd be well received, even without the cards made up (and if you have a colour printer and can make the cards too, so much the better!).

You can find which they are here (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35758), and there is some online shopping advice here (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37613).

[This advice is completely independent and in no way reflects my wish to acquire some C3V units.]
I agree. Many smaller prizes is better than 1 bigger prize in my opinion since more people walk away with something.

ollie
October 8th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I agree. Many smaller prizes is better than 1 bigger prize in my opinion since more people walk away with something.

What's the deal with raffle tickets? Are you selling them too, to help cover costs, or is it just the ones that you get by showing up/bringing a prize/playing the different formats?

Scapemage
October 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM

What's the deal with raffle tickets? Are you selling them too, to help cover costs, or is it just the ones that you get by showing up/bringing a prize/playing the different formats?
No raffle tickets are for sale. The entire event is completely free, thanks to Onacara and RacNRoll gaming. Money won't buy you any more chance at winning a prize.

ollie
October 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM

No raffle tickets are for sale. The entire event is completely free, thanks to Onacara and RacNRoll gaming. Money won't buy you any more chance at winning a prize.

I was thinking more about numbers. If there are going to be ~3 raffle tickets per person, a few people bring a bunch of small prizes (as I'm currently intending) and with R˙chean's additions too, we might have more prizes than tickets. Which would be awesome.

OrcElfArmyOne
October 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, if that happened, what would happen? I suppose you could give the leftovers to me! :)
Edit: 100th post!

loborocket
October 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I don't think I ever responded Jimmy myself and perhaps 2 friends will be coming to the event.

Scapemage
October 8th, 2011, 01:26 PM

I was thinking more about numbers. If there are going to be ~3 raffle tickets per person, a few people bring a bunch of small prizes (as I'm currently intending) and with R˙chean's additions too, we might have more prizes than tickets. Which would be awesome.

Yeah, if that happened, what would happen? I suppose you could give the leftovers to me! :)
Edit: 100th post!
There will definitely be more prizes than people if everyone brings something. What I will do is put all the raffle tickets in (between 1-4 per person depending), and if I draw the name of someone who has already won a prize, I will set it aside. If I draw someone who hasn't won a prize, they get the raffled prize and the ticket gets trashed. After everyone has 1 prize, I will put the remaining tickets back in and repeat.
I don't think I ever responded Jimmy myself and perhaps 2 friends will be coming to the event.
Wow! We could have up to 35 people playing 'scape on Saturday! Sweet!

ollie
October 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
There will definitely be more prizes than people if everyone brings something. What I will do is put all the raffle tickets in (between 1-4 per person depending), and if I draw the name of someone who has already won a prize, I will set it aside. If I draw someone who hasn't won a prize, they get the raffled prize and the ticket gets trashed. After everyone has 1 prize, I will put the remaining tickets back in and repeat.

I like the idea; here's a slight variant that might make it easier to implement:

Give everyone a door ticket and put those in one hat. Other tickets earned (either by bringing a prize or completing a variety of events) get a ticket put in a second hat. Work through the first hat first (so everyone gets one prize before anyone gets a second, using up presumably, the few really cool prizes that'll be there) and then work through the second hat just as they come (so people will have some random amount of small cool stuff).

:2cents:

Also, Lobo :excited: and SonOfLobo :excited:.

Scapemage
October 8th, 2011, 02:47 PM

I like the idea; here's a slight variant that might make it easier to implement:

Give everyone a door ticket and put those in one hat. Other tickets earned (either by bringing a prize or completing a variety of events) get a ticket put in a second hat. Work through the first hat first (so everyone gets one prize before anyone gets a second, using up presumably, the few really cool prizes that'll be there) and then work through the second hat just as they come (so people will have some random amount of small cool stuff).

:2cents:

Also, Lobo :excited: and SonOfLobo :excited:.
That works. Mind bringing a couple of hats? :)

ollie
October 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
That works. Mind bringing a couple of hats? :)

On it. :)

Mombo101
October 10th, 2011, 09:37 PM
So, just so everyone knows.....I'm not dead.

As it stands now, I'm about 50/50 in regards to this weekend. It all depends on how I'm feeling (starting with a wicked bad cold :( ) and how work goes. I received a promotion, so work's been kind of rough lately.

But yeah, don't be surprised if you see me.

Venair
October 10th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, you can totally add my cousin to the list, he's gonna play the 5 recommended games with me and we are both gonna try to find something cool to donate to the prize table, we are currently searching for some c3v figures. With mombo, thats makes a total of 37 possible players!!! :woot: Yay!! :excited:

Scapemage
October 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM
So, just so everyone knows.....I'm not dead.

As it stands now, I'm about 50/50 in regards to this weekend. It all depends on how I'm feeling (starting with a wicked bad cold :( ) and how work goes. I received a promotion, so work's been kind of rough lately.

But yeah, don't be surprised if you see me.
Glad to hear from you. Congratulations on the promotion!

Venair
October 10th, 2011, 11:23 PM
My cousin and I just got some c3v, so we are packin 2x Haduc for the prize table! Glad to contribute!

OrcElfArmyOne
October 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Scapemage, if I were to use a flagbearer, could I use normal white dice, and have blanks count as symbols? Thanks!

Venair
October 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Oh, I don't have any spare bases to rebase the Haducs with, but I will totally print out the cards for them. Can hardly wait for this saturday!

Neo
October 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Scapemage, if I were to use a flagbearer, could I use normal white dice, and have blanks count as symbols? Thanks!
I would assume so, but if you can't and it's Ornak you're using, you can use mine if I'm not using him. I'll know sometime tonight..

ollie
October 11th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Would anyone be able to give me (and my stuff---three maps' worth of terrain, far too many armies, and copious prizes ;)) a ride into downtown Brattleboro after the event? If you're getting onto I91 then it'll be a total of about a mile out of your way.

Thanks!

Scapemage
October 11th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Sure thing! Not a problem.
Oh, I don't have any spare bases to rebase the Haducs with, but I will totally print out the cards for them. Can hardly wait for this saturday!

I'd like to ask that you print the cards on cardstock. Otherwise, thanks for contributing!

Would anyone be able to give me (and my stuff---three maps' worth of terrain, far too many armies, and copious prizes ;)) a ride into downtown Brattleboro after the event? If you're getting onto I91 then it'll be a total of about a mile out of your way.

Thanks!
I'd love to, but I'm not sure if I can seeing as how I'll have a ton of stuff to bring.

ATTENTION!
The prize support is here! Our friends at Boxed Up Fun have donated a Valkrill's Legion pack, and Rychean has donated a Soulborgs pack, a Fortress of the Archkyrie, a Swarm of the Marro, and a Rise of the Valkyrie! All to be raffled away! Thanks so much!

OrcElfArmyOne
October 11th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Okay, thanks! Just making sure. Those are some nice prizes being donated.

Onacara
October 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM
We may have 1 more in our group on Saturday (Anthony's friend Jordan) still waiting for him to confirm.

For the raffle what we have done at past NHSDs is give the extra tickets to those who bring prizes and then throw them all in one hat. Of course back them we did have a lot of prize support from outside the event so everyone usually did receive something but Ollie's way works too. I would suggest though that if you go with the multiple hats that you only put one ticket per person who brings a prize..even if they bring multiple. Just my two cents.

OrcElfArmyOne
October 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Personally, I like Scapemage`s idea the best. I also think that instead of raffling off prizes, just draw names, and let them choose their prize. If that`s what you meant, than sorry for posting. Just seeing what`s happening.

Scapemage
October 12th, 2011, 06:32 PM
We may have 1 more in our group on Saturday (Anthony's friend Jordan) still waiting for him to confirm.

For the raffle what we have done at past NHSDs is give the extra tickets to those who bring prizes and then throw them all in one hat. Of course back them we did have a lot of prize support from outside the event so everyone usually did receive something but Ollie's way works too. I would suggest though that if you go with the multiple hats that you only put one ticket per person who brings a prize..even if they bring multiple. Just my two cents.
With a new potential of 38, I'm officially adding another Summoenr Wars station. If all 38 people show up, we'll be maxed out!
Personally, I like Scapemage`s idea the best. I also think that instead of raffling off prizes, just draw names, and let them choose their prize. If that`s what you meant, than sorry for posting. Just seeing what`s happening.
That's actually a great idea...I was going to pick a prize and the pulled name gets that specific prize and proceed like that, but not anymore... ;)

Bengi
October 12th, 2011, 07:51 PM
You've got me listed for 9 maps. Anyone want to step up and lighten my load a bit?

Also, nyys, we previously spoke about carpooling. Is that still the plan?

ollie
October 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM
You've got me listed for 9 maps. Anyone want to step up and lighten my load a bit?

I'm only on three; I can certainly add more without any problem (however, it does look like I'll be arriving closer to 9.30am than to 8am). I'll check out what terrain mine need, what terrain yours need and what terrain I have and get back to you. (Others please feel free to volunteer before I get to it. ;))

Bengi
October 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I won't be there at 8 either.

ollie
October 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM

Slacker. You only have to drive two or three hours to get there---what's the hold up?

nyys
October 12th, 2011, 09:30 PM

At the moment it's not looking good for us to make it. Too many rain-outs for Fall ball may have us with a double-header on Saturday. I may not know for sure until the night before.

Scapemage
October 12th, 2011, 09:41 PM

I'm only on three; I can certainly add more without any problem (however, it does look like I'll be arriving closer to 9.30am than to 8am). I'll check out what terrain mine need, what terrain yours need and what terrain I have and get back to you. (Others please feel free to volunteer before I get to it. ;))
I'm sure you guys will work something out, as long as we have enough maps (18, I can only bring 5 of those) we'll be fine.

Slacker. You only have to drive two or three hours to get there---what's the hold up?
I must be asking you that very same question Ollie. Looks like I'll be getting no help until 9.

At the moment it's not looking good for us to make it. Too many rain-outs for Fall ball may have us with a double-header on Saturday. I may not know for sure until the night before.
Hope you can come! If not, enjoy the baseball!

ollie
October 12th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I must be asking you that very same question Ollie. Looks like I'll be getting no help until 9.

Partial reason: thanks to Irene, I now live three quarters of an hour from West Bratt rather than 10-15mins.

Main reason: I'm currently trapped in the 70s trying to rescue my daughter from the surprising world of brown velour.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/gallery/files/2/2/9/1/mattnmolly.png

(I'm in disguise because I'm trying to go undetected. Honestly.)

I'll shoot to arrive 8am, but we only have the one car and Molly (and her mum) need it too, so we're already needing to get out of the house before our current record of about 9am.

Scapemage
October 12th, 2011, 09:58 PM

Partial reason: thanks to Irene, I now live three quarters of an hour from West Bratt rather than 10-15mins.

Main reason: I'm currently trapped in the 70s trying to rescue my daughter from the surprising world of brown velour.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/gallery/files/2/2/9/1/mattnmolly.png

(I'm in disguise because I'm trying to go undetected. Honestly.)

I'll shoot to arrive 8am, but we only have the one car and Molly (and her mum) need it too, so we're already needing to get out of the house before our current record of about 9am.
Looking sharp! If you could arrive at 8 that would rock, but really don't worry about it.

Neo
October 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I might be able to bring Xualtiaca and table of the Giants.

ollie
October 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I might be able to bring Xualtiaca and table of the Giants.

Table of Giants is already on my list (not that that can't change)---the first post doesn't seem to be up-to-date. Scapemage, can you update it to help us work out who can bring what?

Scapemage
October 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Updated. If you guys need links, you two should have them in PMs, or search the downloads section, or just ask me. nice of you to offer Neo, as long as all the listed maps get there one way or another we'll be fine. I'm bringing 5 and my spare Ticalla Jungle to help Ollie build A Twist of Fate.

ollie
October 13th, 2011, 02:30 PM
OK, how does this look as a first re-distribution of the maps:

Xualtiaca from the SoTM Rulebook - Draft - ?? Neo
Table of the Giants from the RoTV Rulebook - Draft - Ollie Neo
A Twist of Fate - 3 Player FFA - Ollie (& Scapemage's trees)
Fenris - Regular Game - Bengi Ollie
Infested Glade - Regular Game - Bengi Ollie

That gets you down to six Bengi. Can anyone else jump in and take one or two?

ollie
October 13th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Oops, over-allocated myself. I don't have three SotM. I could bring, say, Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=file&id=237) rather than Infested Glade.

Scapemage
October 13th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Oops, over-allocated myself. I don't have three SotM. I could bring, say, Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=file&id=237) rather than Infested Glade.
Bengi has lots of SoTM, that's why I loaded him up with swamp maps. Ruins works fine.

Neo
October 13th, 2011, 04:31 PM
That works for me as well.

ollie
October 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM
So the current plan:

Infested Glade Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh - Regular Game - Bengi Ollie

Anyone else who can arrive earlyish able to bring one or two to spread it out a little more?

Also, still looking for...

Would anyone be able to give me (and my stuff---three four maps' worth of terrain, far too many armies, and copious prizes ;)) a ride into downtown Brattleboro after the event? If you're getting onto I91 then it'll be a total of about a mile out of your way.

Thanks!

Scapemage
October 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Would anyone be able to give me (and my stuff---three four maps' worth of terrain, far too many armies, and copious prizes ;)) a ride into downtown Brattleboro after the event? If you're getting onto I91 then it'll be a total of about a mile out of your way.

Thanks!
I'm still unsure about this. If your terrain is in bins, there should be enough room for everything in our van, but you never know. If you don't have a ride on Saturday then let me know at the event and we'll figure something out.

ollie
October 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM

Thanks!
I'm still unsure about this. If your terrain is in bins, there should be enough room for everything in our van, but you never know. If you don't have a ride on Saturday then let me know at the event and we'll figure something out.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm willing to wing it; if you can't fit me in I'm sure someone else will at the time. (Worst case I have to borrow a cellphone and get someone from the dinner party I'm going to be late to because I want to stay until the end of this to come and get me---I'm not going to have to spend the night on the streets.)

I'll try and build each of my maps in advance so that I don't have any excess stuff with me. I built Margins of Error already, but then got sidetracked by the much more fun activity of building armies. I'm shy one squad of Tagawa Samurai Archers for one of my builds; if anyone has one knocking around I'd appreciate a loan.

Also, is Marvel/SoV/C3V allowed?

Bengi
October 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM
So the current plan:

Infested Glade Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh - Regular Game - Bengi Ollie

Anyone else who can arrive earlyish able to bring one or two to spread it out a little more?

Plan looks good. Building maps tonight, so don't change any of mine.

Scapemage
October 13th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Marvel, sure. SoV/C3V, no.

Scapemage
October 13th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I built 3 armies. They all have some competitive light, but I don't really care about that (although I will be playing in at least 1 Alley), they're fun armies and I'll enjoy them lots.

nyys
October 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
The chances of us coming just took an uptick, I just found out that there is no baseball tomorrow (at least for now). There is one other thing that can potentially get in the way, but I won't know for sure until tonight.

In any event scapemage, you can take my two nephews off the list, it will just be PJ and I if we come.

---------------------------------
I think I saw somewhere in here that you stated no C3V or SoV. Curious why since this is just a casual game day? I figure I'd build an army or two with some of those units and if someone wants to play against (or even play with) it, what's the harm?

I saw Summoner Wars on the list. YAY! My Master Set is supposed to be at my door when I get home... should I bring it?

Concernign the Team format, even though the Start Zone for each person is smaller, it's still 450 points each correct?

Scapemage
October 14th, 2011, 05:31 PM
The chances of us coming just took an uptick, I just found out that there is no baseball tomorrow (at least for now). There is one other thing that can potentially get in the way, but I won't know for sure until tonight.

In any event scapemage, you can take my two nephews off the list, it will just be PJ and I if we come.

I think I saw somewhere in here that you stated no C3V or SoV. Curious why since this is just a casual game day? I figure I'd build an army or two with some of those units and if someone wants to play against (or even play with) it, what's the harm?

I saw Summoner Wars on the list. YAY! My Master Set is supposed to be at my door when I get home... should I bring it?

Concernign the Team format, even though the Start Zone for each person is smaller, it's still 450 points each correct?
I realized my mistake in my earlier post. This is casual, so bring what you please! C3V/SoV is fine by me! However, it will not be allowed in the Alleys.

I own and will be bringing my Summoner Wars Master Set along with the additional 6 factions (totaling 12) that I own. I also own an additional premium board so I have enough for 2 stations. But you may certainly bring your own set if you please.

Can't wait 'till morning!

nyys
October 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
:up: on the Alleys (what I figured anyway).

:grumble: My set wasn't waiting for me, FEDEX LIED!!!!!

Should know in the next hour or so if we're coming.

ollie
October 14th, 2011, 06:52 PM
My four maps are built and on boards. Some vigourous taping next; I've never tried stacking four high before but I figured it was worth it if I might be at the later end of things. I should be able to wander in, unstick, add trees and whatnot and be ready to roll. Five mins tops assuming there are a couple of people already there for each map (I'll still aim to be early and help on the others).

Should I be bringing glyphs? If so, which ones? My glyph pool is a bit depleted because I seem to keep losing them at tournaments.

And then onto turning the armies in my head into actual bagged-up ready-to-play ones.

Neo
October 14th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Does anyone have a Theracus I can use? Also, Littleotis, Imadragon and CHOMP! are not coming

OrcElfArmyOne
October 14th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Sorry for not being on for a while. My computer crashed, on a different one now. Can`t wait for tommorow! I watched the clock instead of concentrating on school today! :)

Neo
October 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
@Scapemage- I just discovered that I'm missing a swamp watar tile, so can I use a lava proxie?

Onacara
October 14th, 2011, 09:22 PM
@Scapemage- I just discovered that I'm missing a swamp watar tile, so can I use a lava proxie?

I threw one in my boxes with my figs

Bengi
October 14th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Of all the things to be short on, I would never guess swamp water tiles :p

Neo
October 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM

I only have one SotM

nyys
October 14th, 2011, 09:55 PM
We'll be there... :woot:

No idea what time we're getting on the road though, had to make some concessions at home.

Venair
October 14th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Gratz nyys, see you there!

ollie
October 14th, 2011, 10:04 PM
12 hours (more-or-less) to go. :up:

I'm still on the scrounge to borrow a squad of Tagawa Samurai Archers at some point during the day (otherwise I'll have to use one of my other seven armies ;)) and a lift into downtown Brattleboro at the end.

bamoguy
October 14th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Sorry for the last minute stuff! But Charr21 and I will be unable to make it because we have to play in the homecoming parade for the band. Hope you guys have fun!!!

Onacara
October 14th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Sorry for the last minute stuff! But Charr21 and I will be unable to make it because we have to play in the homecoming parade for the band. Hope you guys have fun!!!

You have a parade for the band? Whats that like? Do you just walk down Main Street and clap and wave? ;)

(Admit it you all miss me around here LOL)

Venair
October 14th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I'm packin 10 armies! I hope I get to use them all. I won't be able to make it before 9:00 to help with building though. The drive is little over an hour and the earliest I can head out is 8:00. I got the cards for the Haducs printed on some nice, shiny photo-matte'-cardstock, so they have a cool minor "holofoil" effect to them. I decided not to cut them out to avoid damaging them though. Can't wait to see all of you guys at the event! I hope you can all make it there.

~ Can barely wait for an 8+ hour scapefest! ~

Bengi
October 14th, 2011, 10:18 PM

Sweet.
Dr. Doom
Mindflayer x2

Neo
October 14th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I am still on the lookout for Theracus.

ollie
October 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM
It feels good to go down to your stash and pick out some prizes, choosing between Minions/Drones, Zombies, Hounds/Microcorps, Aubriens/Glads, perhaps a terrain expansion even.

Or at least I'm sure it used to when I took all that type of stuff as prizes when it wasn't rare. :|

Thinner pickings now. More common squads (not sure which yet) is never a bad thing though and I have a pack of the uniques from D2 and a Heroscape comic and poster to throw in as well.

Neo, I can bring a Theracus for you.

Scapemage
October 14th, 2011, 10:46 PM
My four maps are built and on boards. Some vigourous taping next; I've never tried stacking four high before but I figured it was worth it if I might be at the later end of things. I should be able to wander in, unstick, add trees and whatnot and be ready to roll. Five mins tops assuming there are a couple of people already there for each map (I'll still aim to be early and help on the others).

Should I be bringing glyphs? If so, which ones? My glyph pool is a bit depleted because I seem to keep losing them at tournaments.

And then onto turning the armies in my head into actual bagged-up ready-to-play ones.
Great, you've taped your maps. That lightens the load tremendously. No need for glyphs, they'll only be used on the scenario maps and I have all of those glyphs packed.

I only have one SotM
Same, I'm hoping that I win a second tomorrow. Looking for Swamp Water and Ice in my terrain bins annoy me the most.
We'll be there... :woot:

No idea what time we're getting on the road though, had to make some concessions at home.
Sweet! Looking forward to it! There might even be some Magic: The Gathering fun, so prepare for tri-fold gaming!
I'm packin 10 armies! I hope I get to use them all. I won't be able to make it before 9:00 to help with building though. The drive is little over an hour and the earliest I can head out is 8:00. I got the cards for the Haducs printed on some nice, shiny photo-matte'-cardstock, so they have a cool minor "holofoil" effect to them. I decided not to cut them out to avoid damaging them though. Can't wait to see all of you guys at the event! I hope you can all make it there.

~ Can barely wait for an 8+ hour scapefest! ~
Cool!

Sweet.
Dr. Doom
Mindflayer x2
Oh dear... my armies consist of no Marvel.
It feels good to go down to your stash and pick out some prizes, choosing between Minions/Drones, Zombies, Hounds/Microcorps, Aubriens/Glads, perhaps a terrain expansion even.

Or at least I'm sure it used to when I took all that type of stuff as prizes when it wasn't rare. :|

Thinner pickings now. More common squads (not sure which yet) is never a bad thing though and I have a pack of the uniques from D2 and a Heroscape comic and poster to throw in as well.

:drool: *reads on* Drat! But multiple prizes = sweet! I myself am donating 3 prizes, they are all individual custom units.

Neo
October 14th, 2011, 10:46 PM

Thank's ollie, now the army I want to bring actually works!

Venair
October 14th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I will pack some yugioh if any of you are interested? Then it would be a four-way gaming bananza.

ollie
October 14th, 2011, 11:18 PM
:drool: *reads on* Drat!

:lol:

I used to have (what I thought was) a pretty good system: buy a few extra common packs when a wave is abundant; stick them in the stash for six months to a year; bring as cool prizes when they're no longer readily available (but before the reprint comes around, and if I haven't awarded them to myself as a prize in the meantime).

No more. :(

nyys
October 14th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Quick correction from Bengi's quote above. scapemage re-stated C3V/SoV is allowed (as long as your opponent doesn't mind), just not in the alleys (I have all of C3V W1 coming with me).

As for Magic, I don't think I've played since we busted it out for a quick game at BatB III. I got into Warhammer: Invasion and never looked back.

Scapemage
October 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Quick correction from Bengi's quote above. scapemage re-stated C3V/SoV is allowed (as long as your opponent doesn't mind), just not in the alleys (I have all of C3V W1 coming with me).

As for Magic, I don't think I've played since we busted it out for a quick game at BatB III. I got into Warhammer: Invasion and never looked back.

Sweet! Ill be sure to play you at least once.

Magic traitor. Mombo! Tomcollins! Somebody finally beat the addiction!

ollie
October 15th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Morning all. Have a safe trip---I'll see you shortly. :)

nyphot
October 15th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I'll try to get there a bit early today, but it looks like many of the maps will be pre-built? Thanks, all of you map-bringers are awesome!

nyys, glad you'll make it!

So... I'm a big dummy. Packed my armies up Thursday... But Nilf doesn't fit in my boxes and I figured there was no way I'd forget him right? But...

If someone is bringing and not using, lubie will be very appreciative and not as mad at me. I do have a few other armies she could use. I have the card with me but.... I'm a big dummy!

Scapemage
October 15th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I'll try to get there a bit early today, but it looks like many of the maps will be pre-built? Thanks, all of you map-bringers are awesome!

So... I'm a big dummy. Packed my armies up Thursday... But Nilf doesn't fit in my boxes and I figured there was no way I'd forget him right? But...

If someone is bringing and not using, lubie will be very appreciative and not as mad at me. I do have a few other armies she could use. I have the card with me but.... I'm a big dummy!

Ill throw mine in. Nyphot, only 4 of the 18 maps will be prebuilt, so we ned as many hands as we can get!

Neo
October 15th, 2011, 08:09 AM

Ill throw mine in. Nyphot, only 4 of the 18 maps will be prebuilt, so we ned as many hands as we can get!
Mine will be premade as well.

arp12
October 15th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Have fun, wish I could be there. :)

nyphot
October 15th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks, scapemage! I promise not to forget we borrowed like I did last time with Bengi's Mogrimm :O

I'll try to make it earlier... Misunderstood how many maps would be built!

ollie
October 15th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Great fun. Thanks to all my opponents for the games (all 12 (yep, twelve) were fun) and thanks to Scapemage for doing a great job with the organisation (and Rac'n'Roll Gaming for the sponsorship and whoever it is that sent the prizes; R˙chean, from WotC(?) and someone else?).

I'll put my usual introspective update on units I've used competitively in the alleys (three armies; five new units) on my blog later tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for rushing off a bit speedily at the end and not saying goodbye to a few of you---if I could get to a particular farm before sundown I could pick up some raw milk, so I rushed to do that. Yum.

When's the next one? :)

Scapemage
October 15th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Great fun. Thanks to all my opponents for the games (all 12 (yep, twelve) were fun) and thanks to Scapemage for doing a great job with the organisation (and Rac'n'Roll Gaming for the sponsorship and whoever it is that sent the prizes; R˙chean, from WotC(?) and someone else?).

I'll put my usual introspective update on units I've used competitively in the alleys (three armies; five new units) on my blog later tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for rushing off a bit speedily at the end and not saying goodbye to a few of you---if I could get to a particular farm before sundown I could pick up some raw milk, so I rushed to do that. Yum.

When's the next one? :)
I had a great time and I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing old friends. :) Thanks to everyone for showing up.

I believe Mombo was working on something for December.

Neo
October 15th, 2011, 10:57 PM
That was the best Event EVER!

Scapemage
October 15th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Why thank you kind sir. Glad you enjoyed it.

Venair
October 15th, 2011, 11:02 PM
That was a totally awsome event! I had a great time, played my ten armies twice each, and met alot of cool people! Nice to met scapemage, ollie, bengi & crew! Can't wait to see you guys at the next event!

Scapemage
October 15th, 2011, 11:05 PM
That was a totally awsome event! I had a great time, played my ten armies twice each, and met alot of cool people! Nice to met scapemage, ollie, bengi & crew! Can't wait to see you guys at the next event!
You got 20 games in? WOW!

Venair
October 15th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I would've totally played more with you guys, but we had to pack up the maps.

OrcElfArmyOne
October 15th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Great job Scapemage! Best day of my life- so far! I won Master Set 2, Wave 5 Gladiators and Agents, and Omnicron Snipers! Can`t wait for the next tourney!

ollie
October 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM

Just in case anyone is thinking about listening to me next time I offer advice on what an event should look like...

Great job Scapemage! Best day of my life- so far! I won Master Set 2, Wave 5 Gladiators and Agents, and Omnicron Snipers! Can`t wait for the next tourney!

Scapemage, I hope you're feeling suitably pleased with yourself. :up:

Neo
October 15th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Also, I'm going to start playing C3G now, and once I have some characters, I'll probably help playtesting.

Darkmage7a
October 16th, 2011, 12:10 AM
That event was fantastic. Great time, great options. Played different armies every game all day. Also played the WORST BEST TEAM GAME EVER!8) Hope to see you all at the next event!

Scapemage
October 16th, 2011, 08:44 AM

Just in case anyone is thinking about listening to me next time I offer advice on what an event should look like...

Scapemage, I hope you're feeling suitably pleased with yourself. :up:
I am very pleased with this experience. I think it was a great idea and may just happen again.
Also, I'm going to start playing C3G now, and once I have some characters, I'll probably help playtesting.
YES! My life is complete! :p
That event was fantastic. Great time, great options. Played different armies every game all day. Also played the WORST BEST TEAM GAME EVER!8) Hope to see you all at the next event!
We could overhear you while we were playing Magic at the middle table. You guys were practically screaming!

nyphot
October 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hey all,

Scapemage, thanks for organizing an awesome tournament. lubie and I both had a lot of fun. Thanks, also, for loaning your Nilf... still can't believe I left him at home!

Top moments (so many):

Nagrub beats Hulk on a lucky roll after I had given up all hope... wins the alley!
Always fun "grudge" match against nyys. I'm up one now, I think?
Tons of fun on the C3G scenario against Bengi. Most fun I've ever had getting totally obliterated.
Always classic: Marcu Eternal Hatreds himself into lava to end the game
And I could go on and on...

Sorry we took so long with that last game of Summoner Wars. lubie beat me, by the way, but we both had fun learning new factions.

And wow! We took home the ROTV that R˙chean/heroscapers/Hasbro donated... this is particularly awesome because we just got some out-of-town friends hooked last weekend, so this set is getting shipped to them.

And of course, the unreleased figure C3G figure. Can't forget the unreleased C3G figure. :rofl:

A great way to spend NHSD (and our 3.5 year anniversary). Hope we can make it to the next one too!

loborocket
October 16th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry Jimmy and I missed it. Jimmy's soccer team was un-defeated and we ended up having a city tournament to go to. We thought we might be able to come later in the day but Jimmy's team did well at the tournament too. He did not end soccer until 2pm.

His team is moving on to the championship game later today.

Again sorry we missed out it sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Scapemage
October 16th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Sorry Jimmy and I missed it. Jimmy's soccer team was un-defeated and we ended up having a city tournament to go to. We thought we might be able to come later in the day but Jimmy's team did well at the tournament too. He did not end soccer until 2pm.

Good luck!

HarryPlopper
October 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
It was great meeting you all yesterday. I had a great time and can't wait to play more HS. I got my wife to defend my newly acquired castle set.

I can't wait for the next event and really enjoyed the relaxed format.

Joe

Bengi
October 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM
It was great meeting you all yesterday. I had a great time and can't wait to play more HS. I got my wife to defend my newly acquired castle set.

Joe

It was great to meet you. Glad you had a good time.

Scapemage
October 16th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Joe

It was great to meet you. Glad you had a good time.
:word:

Cleon
October 16th, 2011, 11:34 PM
It was a major bummer I could not attend! :(. I had a cross country invitational in Rhode Island yesterday morning and we stayed over night Friday. My dad has also been away in Cali and he's not coming home until either tomorrow or Tuesday. Man, only year I've missed a NHSD since '08.

Well, I'm glad you all had a blast and congrats on a succesful event! Once the xc season ends (in about three weeks) I'll be returning to Scapin for sure. 8). Can't wait to meet up with you all again.

nyys
October 17th, 2011, 08:15 AM
:up: :up:

Best day of Scaping I've had in a looong time.

I entered two alleys and got my but handed to me by Bengi and nyphot respecitvely. Of course the two armies I entered were...

1) Roman Archers x6, Raelin, Blue Wyrmilng
2) DW8K, DW9K, Rats x2, Ornak

The rest of the day for me consisted of a Team match of nyys House vs Onacara House (nyys House 1-0!), two 3-players games (of which I managed to win the first with an all Wyrmling army, and the second with my beloved Romans), and finally my last game was a 1v1 game against George that came right down to the end but my Minions managed to pull it out somehow taking down Othkuric/Nilf/GSWs.

Scapemage
October 17th, 2011, 08:21 AM
:up: :up:

Best day of Scaping I've had in a looong time.

I entered two alleys and got my but handed to me by Bengi and nyphot respecitvely. Of course the two armies I entered were...

1) Roman Archers x6, Raelin, Blue Wyrmilng
2) DW8K, DW9K, Rats x2, Ornak

The rest of the day for me consisted of a Team match of nyys House vs Onacara House (nyys House 1-0!), two 3-players games (of which I managed to win the first with an all Wyrmling army, and the second with my beloved Romans), and finally my last game was a 1v1 game against George that came right down to the end but my Minions managed to pull it out somehow taking down Othkuric/Nilf/GSWs.
Glad you enjoyed the multiplayer. I played in 3 regular games, 1 3-player game, 1 C3G game, 2 scenarios, 1 draft, and played Magic with TC2K, Onacara Jr., and Warlordofthewolves to round out the day.

loborocket
October 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Good luck!

Thanks.

Jimmy's team ending up winning in the city championship. His team had one defeat all year and was the top team in Manchester NH. :thumbsup:

OrcElfArmyOne
October 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Oh, Nyys, you played against my dad! He was using Othkurik, Greenscales x2, and Nilfheim. I`m constructing a armies played list, 1 for me, and 1 for my dad.

ugly1hornedmule
October 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Great day with some old friends. Team game with Onacara was a blast, still not sure what happened during it though.

kolakoski
October 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Great day with some old friends. Team game with Onacara was a blast, still not sure what happened during it though.

Well met!

Geez, if I'd known there would be hallucinogens being served . . .

Onacara
October 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM

I need to roll for the drop

Darkmage7a
October 24th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Your not a Fire Giant so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Scapemage
October 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM

We could hear you from the middle table...you guys were LOUD. :p

Onacara
October 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM

It's not my fault that Guilty McCreach the crazy Wyrmling Rancher had to bring the smackdown on them poachers

Scapemage
October 26th, 2011, 05:19 PM

It's not my fault that Guilty McCreach the crazy Wyrmling Rancher had to bring the smackdown on them poachers
I thought the guys in Texas dealt with that sort of thing?

Venair
October 27th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Heyy everyone! After attending the awsome event held on the 15th, I was hoping to plan for an event of my own here in springfield. However, I am having a hard time getting things put together and was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give me some tips? Also, I was hoping that some of you guys would be interested in attending? I met alot of cool people at the last event, and it would be great to see you guys attend one of mine.

Scapemage
October 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Heyy everyone! After attending the awsome event held on the 15th, I was hoping to plan for an event of my own here in springfield. However, I am having a hard time getting things put together and was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give me some tips? Also, I was hoping that some of you guys would be interested in attending? I met alot of cool people at the last event, and it would be great to see you guys attend one of mine.
Mombo has an event set up for December, so you might want to consider a date in 2012 for an event.

To run an event, the key is organization. If you're organized, people will come. Get a good venue, a good date, an organized event, and you're all set. Heck, I'm 14 years old and I've hosted 4 events already.

Venair
October 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the advice Scape! I was thinking it would be a good idea to wait until 2012 for my first event after reading your advice. In the meantime, I had an idea, a few of my friends and I are going to attempt to start the first ever official heroscape gaming group in springfield! If anyone who reads this thread is in the local area and wants to join/ help start the group, please feel free to send me a pm so we can get our scape on! Hopefully, my central location will pull in a decent amount of people. Best of luck to Mombo, I'm sure the event will be awsome!

Bengi
October 27th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the advice Scape! I was thinking it would be a good idea to wait until 2012 for my first event after reading your advice. In the meantime, I had an idea, a few of my friends and I are going to attempt to start the first ever official heroscape gaming group in springfield! If anyone who reads this thread is in the local area and wants to join/ help start the group, please feel free to send me a pm so we can get our scape on! Hopefully, my central location will pull in a decent amount of people. Best of luck to Mombo, I'm sure the event will be awsome!

Springfield is a pretty good centrally located place for most of us northeast scapers. Under 2 hours from Bos/Prov/VT/NY.

The first thing you need to do is find a venue that is willing to let you do this for free/cheap and pick a couple of possible dates. I would say mid January would be the earliest that may possibly work for people. After that, we've got Total Con in late Feb.

Once you've got that taken care of, the rest is easy. People will always volunteer to bring terrain for maps. It's not tough to find a format to play.

Neo
October 28th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I can't come to that...

Onacara
October 29th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Venair...two keys to a successful event are...

1-Be prepared...if you make sure all your ducks are in a row with location, terrain, map selections etc it will go smoother...even if something unexpected comes up

2-Make it fun for the participants...think of organizing an event like hosting a party at your home...you want everyone to enjoy it. I don't even play in the TotalCon events unless we have an odd number of players and still have a good time. I'm not saying you can't play at your event but you can't just play and expect everything to run smoothly.

nyphot
November 4th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hey, did anyone misplace a Jandar die from NHSD? I re-counted and discovered 13 and Bengi (not his) tells me that I'm not allowed to roll for 13 for Jandar's dispatch... so if you're missing one, I have it.

Sorry 'bout that. I only had 12 when I left NHSD, but then I found one on the floor of my condo!

nyys
November 4th, 2011, 09:22 AM
@Venair

Looks like Mombo is going to push his event until January, though that's not to say we can't have two in the same Month.

If you do February, keep in mind that TotalCon is at the end of the month, and as much as I think folks would go to both (if yours was early enough in Feb), I'm not sure since so much prep (and $$ in some cases) goes into that one.

March has been a notoriously open month (or at least there has not been a consitent venue), then in April Bengi, DarkMage, TomCollins, and myself (if I get off my but this year) usually run our annual tourney/game day.

Springfield is no problem for my son and I as long as we have the date open.