PDA

View Full Version : Anachronism

Mombo101
June 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM
So last night TomCollins2000, myself, and another friend pulled out our old Anachronism cards to play a few games. Apparently, the sets that were never printed were released online. The game creators wanted people to be allowed to print up the sets so they could play them. This is all despite the fact the game is no longer in print.

What is Anachronism you may ask? It's a card game where you have only five cards, one is a historical figure, and the others are support cards. One card is revealed each turn, and affects the game play. The objective is to kill the opposing historical figure. The game was sponsored by the History Channel throughout it's run.

Ever wonder who would win in a fight Sun Tzu or Julius Ceasar? Joan of Arc or Crazy Horse? Robert the Bruce with War Elephants or Joshua with a Pair of Cutlasses? Yeah, those are the options in this game.

The game is no longer in print, but that means it can be found very cheaply...just wondering if anyone else on here has played/heard about this game.

Jormi_Boced
June 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
I have some cards. I found the game to be pretty fun, but haven't played it in a while.