PDA

View Full Version : GALLERY REGISTRATION

truth
May 17th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I've now made it so that you can register to use the photo gallery (found via link on the "home" page) When you sign up please use the same username as you used on the forums to keep from the creation of confusion.

USING THE GALLERY IS A PRIVILEGE!
Don't abuse it or you will lose it. This means think twice before posting something.

Questions to ask yourself before uploading a file:
· Is this beneficial to the community?
· Is this HeroScape related?
· Do I really need 10 angles on this one figure?
· Am I keeping my albums and the gallery well organized?
· Is this picture well photographed (for the love of GOD please DO NOT upload pictures you’ve taken with your $3 web cam!)?

If your answer is no to any of these questions DO NOT post your picture.

Advanced Gallery Privileges
If you are seen uploading a variety of well-photographed and interesting HeroScape photos and are a long -standing community member you may be approved for full administrative rights in the gallery. This will allow you to create noticeable “non-user” galleries and post pictures to them!

We reserve the right to delete any picture at any time so maintain your own backups!
I’m sorry but if your picture is simply felt to be taking up more space than it’s worth it will meet it demise.

It is our goal to maintain a well laid out beautifully maintained photo gallery.
If you cannot cooperate in this endeavor please refrain from using this service.

*The post image in message button seems to be buggy right now, I’m hoping that clears up and users will still make use of that when their picture is not what they would consider “gallery worthy” remember folks this takes up space, and while we have a good chunk of server space we have to think about the long term. 5 years of picture uploading can take its toll on server space. So make sure to take into careful consideration how much the public will benefit from the image your uploading.

** This post may be amended from time to time so check back.

SyvarrisX
May 17th, 2006, 10:48 PM
That is helpful. I just registered in the Gallery.

gibberish_47
May 17th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I think I'll stick with off-site posting, especially if it would take up your server space. It's nice to know it's there, though.

bad_calvin
May 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I look forward to using it Truth. Thanks! :)

Nooblar
May 17th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks, truth. I'll be glad to have it available if I ever get some figures to customize :D

InfinityMax
May 18th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Cool, Truth. Maybe I'll go ahead and toss my customs up there. Is that cool, or do you want them in a separate thread?

truth
May 18th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Cool, Truth. Maybe I'll go ahead and toss my customs up there. Is that cool, or do you want them in a separate thread?

No that's great. I was a little overly harsh in the rules just to prevent a bunch of crappy pics hogging up server space. Your customs would be a great addition. In fact if you'd shoot me a PM when your registered I'll go ahead and make you an admin so you can put them in a public gallery.

mrbistro
May 18th, 2006, 07:06 AM
I was trying to upload some of my old material and ran out of space. Any way I could be granted more?

CupidsArt
May 18th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks for getting this up and working Truth.

ultradoug
May 18th, 2006, 08:40 AM
for insain / crapy pics ultradoug recomends www.photobucket.com

ok so this is what the new "Add a Registration" part on the bottom is for?

K/H_Addict
May 18th, 2006, 10:02 AM
i'll register, but i'll probably only post images of fields i build. normally, i would upload them at HQ and link to here, but that takes so much longer, and now we have a gallery. Thanks truth!

InfinityMax
May 18th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Sweet! I'll get on it. Thanks, Truth.

truth
May 18th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Ok fixed the limit to be 10 times what it was before.

bunjee
May 19th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Ok, I'm working on putting together instructions to help new users uploading files. The process can be a little daunting and counter intuitive the first few times. I'm hoping to encourage people to use the keyword and description features as much as possible.

SyvarrisX
May 19th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I will probably use my photobucket more because I don't know how to post pictures when they are in the gallery...

simplymenotu
October 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
I've now made it so that you can register to use the photo gallery (found via link on the "home" page) When you sign up please use the same username as you used on the forums to keep from the creation of confusion.

I could not find the link. Is registering for the Gallery now part of becoming a Site Supporter?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/payments.php

TYIA.

Cavalier
October 3rd, 2008, 01:35 PM

I could not find the link. Is registering for the Gallery now part of becoming a Site Supporter?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/payments.php

TYIA.
For the most part.

You can also 'Apply' to become a 'Contributor' by attempting to join that group. Click on User Groups (http://heroscapers.com/community/showgroups.php) at the bottom of the forum.

Edit:
I don't see it there. PM an admin and they will decide whether you qualify.

simplymenotu
October 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Thank you Cavalier, I sent a PM to truth.

IMHO this site is due for a clear and concise Welcome New HeroScaper. (I offered to assist writing).