PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey CrossFire (NHSD 09)

DragonSlayer2
September 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM
New Jersey CrossFire

WHERE: 32c Easterwood
Millville, NJ 08332

WHEN: Oct 17th (NHSD 09 )

TIME: 11:00 map building
12:00 Kick-off/Tournament starts

TOURNY: 4 round swiss with top four elimination

ARMY: 550 points (no marvel)

ENTRY FEE: Bring something for the prize table, and $5 for lunch.

PRIZES:
1st place trophy (DragonSlayer2)
WGHQ sponsorship
-$20 giftcard
-$20 giftcard
-$25 giftcard
CM Games
-$20 off entire purchase
-$10 off entire purchase
-$10 off entire purchase
Demon Gate from Leif Kicker
House Mouse Games
-$25 giftcard
WotC
-wave 9 booster
-wave 9 booster
-3 Skahen

MAPS: TBA

PARTICIPANTS:
DragonSlayer2
DragonSlayer2's friends (7 definite)
Einar's Puppy
JohnGee
Dartheyegouger (maybe)
King of Blanks
PeasantDave (maybe)
fallow
fallow's daughter
coolstuff1776 (maybe)
coolstuff1776's children x2(maybe)

Total: 12 definates 3 maybe

If you have anything special you want to add to the prize table let me know, or if you want to sell/trade some scape you can bring it if you want.

NOTE: WotC is sponsoring our tournament with 2 wave 9 expansions, and 3 skahen.

Einar's puppy
September 16th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I've started advertising in my sig. I hope more than just a few of us can actually show up. There is a fairly large gaming group in the area, but I fear most of them will be heading off to connecticut or maryland instead!

DragonSlayer2
September 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I hope they come too. I just confirmed the location for our event. It will be at

32c Easterwood Street
Millville, NJ 08332

Its right next to the millville airport/thunderbolt racetrack.

Are the people that are bring you to the tournament going to play EP?? If they do it will raise our total count of participants.

DragonSlayer2
September 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Just changed the registration fee. Now one squad or 3 heros will be the entry fee instead of a whole pack. No squads or heros from master sets (I am trying Tree Town Open's idea...or at least it was last year.)

Timber_Wolf
September 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I'm looking into the dates. Thanks for the invite.

DragonSlayer2
September 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Ok, sounds good. I will wait for your reply.

Einar's puppy
September 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Are the people that are bring you to the tournament going to play EP?? If they do it will raise our total count of participants.
Sadly, my parent's don't play. I might, and this is a really really huge might, as this will be the sixth time I will try, be able to get one of my friends to come along. Probably not though.

PeasantDave
September 21st, 2009, 12:44 AM
I will probably be able to go to this, since I live in New Jersey. ;)

DragonSlayer2
September 21st, 2009, 09:00 AM
Glad to hear you might be able to make it PeasantDave.

Thats ashame your parents dont play EP. Ok, I just wanted to know....but let me know if he decides to come.

DragonSlayer2
September 26th, 2009, 07:33 AM
How should I make the trophy/what should it look like??? I cant think of anything yet.

Any suggestions??

Einar's puppy
October 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Just make a plaque. Simple and easy.

DragonSlayer2
October 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I have come up with an idea. I just have to paint it and write stuff on it. I also have some dice trays/boxes I am going to try to finish up to put on the prize table.

War Gamers has mailed me 2 $20 gift cards, and 1 $25 gift card. (I should be getting it soon) They definately know how to sponsor an event.

Leif Kicker has made a demon gate as sponsorship. (should also be getting that soon)

Havent recieved anything from CM games yet. (I will be PMing him this week if I dont hear anything soon)

Also, I havent heard anything about WotC sponsoring any tournaments.

coolstuff1776
October 11th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hello,

Is this tournament still on?

My Son, Daughter and I all play. We have been looking for a tournament. We live 1 hour from your location of the tournament. We would like to play if it is on and you have room. If it is on and we can play I have a few questions.

What can the army of 550 be composed of, any restrictions.

Will we get an idea of the board before we decide on the make up of our armies

Are we all playing free for all on one board, or will there be sub games.

Last, how many players are playing.

Thanks

Corey, Jordan and Matt

DragonSlayer2
October 11th, 2009, 09:28 AM
550 restrictions..thanks for reminding me. No marvel, other then that.....there are no restrictions.

Yes, boards will be mostly BOV, and a couple boards provided by hasbro/WotC on the web.
-table of the giants (is an map that will be at the tournament.)

I am trying to get it to be one v one. so you be playing one person at a time.

Right now we have 10 def (looks like it will be 12) and like 3 maybe

btw, if anyone could maybe come and help set up maps that would be a big help. Our size keeps growing.

Einar's puppy
October 11th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I'll bring a map for you Dragonslayer. How does turret rocks sound?

DragonSlayer2
October 12th, 2009, 11:43 AM
That sounds good EP.

If you are on the the list of attendies, and you have maybe next to your name, please PM me and let me know if you are going to be able to make it.

I will try to post a list of maps that I am planning on having at the event later this week. I am a little busy with school right now.

Menchy
October 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Darn. I would definitely come if it didn't conflict with PSAT's. And the first time a NHSD is in NJ too! Ah well, there's always next year

jotun7
October 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I think I can go that day, I'm not sure though...............

DragonSlayer2
October 13th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Menchy....I held it last year. Maybe next year.

Let me know if you can make it jotun7

jotun7
October 15th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Wait, how do you sign up? And how old do you have to be? But, if I meet those needs, I'll be there, so watch out!

DragonSlayer2
October 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
To sign up you just need to let me know that you will be making the event.

There is no age limit, just as long as you play using the master rules. (I think the youngest is like 13)

To help give you guys a better idea of where it is being held go to www.PFG145.com and look under the location tab. We will be playing in the back of that building. So drive around to the left side.(There is a big sign on that building thats not in the pic. the sign says Quality Custom Trim)

jotun7
October 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Actually, I can't go. I just found out that on INTERNATIONAL HEROSCAPE DAY, we have to go to a friends house; :cry: you know moms. But, I WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR/TOUNAMENT! :twisted:

DragonSlayer2
October 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Ok, have fun at your friends house jotun7.

Can you make it coolstuff1776???

coolstuff1776
October 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Corey, Matthew and Jordan are confirmed for Tommorow.

All three of us are comming.

What time? 11am?

If anyone needs to readch us beforehand

My cell is 856-685-9848

coolstuff1776
October 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Hey, A friend of mine just told me he was joing us, so were are 4 now

Corey
Matt
Jordan

and Jay

DragonSlayer2
October 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM
cool.....I think I need more maps.... :D

Fallow, can you build BOV skyline (I think thats the name.) I might need a second map if its not to much trouble.

Then I need two more maps......can anyone help me out with the maps????

16 people and counting.....

EDIT: I might need another table too........I only have 7

Einar's puppy
October 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Sorry, but I can't go now. After looking at the directions the drive comes out to 3 hours. I've been upstate New York and Maryland a few times, and my parents have decided that it's too much. I won't be making any long trips like this for a while.

It sucks, because it means I'm not going to any NHSD, but these things happen.

Codeman
October 16th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Here is my yearly NHSD post

Have a safe trip to your NHSD event, hope you get to meet and play some new folks, remember to play nice, Good luck to all and of course have a good time, I know I will.

Codeman

DragonSlayer2
October 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks Codeman.

Oh...sorry to hear that EP.

I still need 3 maps. Can anyone help out??

fallow
October 16th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Change of plans for me - I can make it early with my participating daughter so no problem building a map or three.

Do you have net access where we will be playing so I can look up the map on my laptop while building?

DragonSlayer2
October 17th, 2009, 06:00 AM
HAPPY NHSD 09

I do, but I already printed out pdf files of the maps that I was thinking of having at my tournament. (and I forget the names of them)

I will be at the building by 10:45-11:00(at latest) for set up....so whever you guys get there I will be waiting(setting up).

Just to clarify...we will only be doing 5 rounds swiss for this tournament do to time.

If you have any questions you can call my cell 856-392-7394...but I am going duck hunting right now and will be hunting till about 9..... (or my dads 856-362-0092)

NOTE: please bring your own dice and order markers if possible(I have a limited amout)

See you all there.

King of Blanks
October 17th, 2009, 09:32 PM
That was some good fun today. I got to play more games of Heroscape in one day than I do in six months! Big thanks to Josh for making it happen and to all the guys who participated and played so well. Now, I'll patiently wait until next year's event...

DragonSlayer2
October 17th, 2009, 10:34 PM
.....is it next year yet???? I want to play more scape!!!! (hopefully we wont have to wait that long till I get another event together)

Thank you all for coming, and a big thanks to fallow for setting up 3 of the maps. Also to all of our sponsors (House mouse games, WarGamers HQ, WotC, CM games, and leif kicker) They are the ones who provided most of the prizes.

I am going to try to post a thread about the tournament tomorrow or monday, and get some pics in it. (I would do it now, but I have dial-up at my house :( ) So look for that thread, and post your battle highlights/break down in them.

Untill the next event
DragonSlayer2