PDA

View Full Version : Halo Movie

Gold1
August 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure that this warrants its own thread since all I've heard his rumors. But I was surfing google and found that Steven Speilberg is considering producing a Halo movie. The script is based on the The Fall Of Reach, a prelude book to the original Halo game. I'm excited as a fan but I'm not sure this is valid. What do you think? Is this a good thing or not?

Armageddon
August 12th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I don't think anything could top the "Red Vs. Blue" Halo parody
series. I still rewatch the videos and laugh out loud.

I think a movie might be a bit too much like GI JOE scene with the guys in full body armor.

Claws of Death
August 12th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't mind a halo film.

Oh, and if you Go on youtube and search this is sparta halo style. You'll see some funny stuff.

ABOMINATION
August 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Actually, the Halo movie has been canceled. I was really looking forward to it, but if you search, I'm sure you'll find some confirmation of what I just said. :|

jschild
August 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
No, his information is correct. The Peter Jackson linked Halo project is indeed dead. However, Spielberg did indeed announce his interest in the project.

I'd rather see something with a deeper story ala Mass Effect or something. Halo is a good shooter, but the story is fairly generic. Both producers are looking at the Fall of Reach for a launching point however, so that's good that they are aiming for the meatier book vs. the game itself.

EDIT: Still rumored, but here's the link.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/08/rumor-spielberg-jumping-on-board-the-halo-movie/