PDA

View Full Version : Krug on bridge

gorillanator
May 16th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I do not know if I have a defective Krug but for some reason his sword will not allow him to stand flat on a single space wide bridge.

The rules say if your unit can't fit into a space because of terrain you can't move there. (I don't remember which one, but they use Grimnak as an example.)

So can Krug move into the bridge or not, because it would be extremely unfair if Krug could not move onto the bridge and there were two units left on the board, say, Krug and any ranged unit because the unit could stay on the bridge while Krug took a beating with his lowly defense.

Please try this with your bridge and a Krug figure to see if maybe I just have a poorly made set of figures.

netherspirit
May 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I believe that he can't. The rules state that pretty clearly, if you can't fit you can't fit :)

gorillanator
May 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Did you try it with your piece?

netherspirit
May 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Did you try it with your piece?

I've never had Krug on a bridge, but I remember the question being asked before.

He doesn't fit, so he can't go there :)

gorillanator
May 16th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Ok thanks nether you seem to always be there when I ask a question.

netherspirit
May 16th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Ok thanks nether you seem to always be there when I ask a question.

Thats because I have no life. :( And I am always here...

Rchean
May 16th, 2006, 05:27 PM
This was posted about at HQ....

some peoples' Krugs do fit...some don't

The cleaver on my Krug is a little low for the bridge wall and as a result he doesn't fit flush on the hex.

I am not sure what an official ruling would be as some Krugs don't have this problem and some do.

We let Krug on the bridge at my house.

We usually take this rule on a case by case basis: looking at how much hex coverage you can get and how far down your figure will rest on the hex.

Detrimentalman
May 16th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Why would some fit and others not. Is the figures sword getting bent or were there two different castings. I'm not 100% but I think my krug fits just fine.

Rchean
May 16th, 2006, 05:36 PM
It is barely even noticeable...

On my Krug, the base sits about a half a centimeter high on the cleaver side

It is very miniscule; that is why some do and some dont...

It isnt a different casting; just a slight variance in characteristics.

gibberish_47
May 16th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I think the reason why some fit and some don't is warping. For example, all my Romans are standing up, but Nooblar's look a little tipsy. :drunk:

Wilkerson74
May 16th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Now I have to run home and check my krug....and I think an option for players whose krug don't fit....remove the side rails from the bridge.

Jonathan
May 16th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I'd just run - if they're going to play cheaply then beat them at their own game. Most likely Krug's 120 points will beat out whatever points they have stuck on the bridge so just wait til they come down or round 10 when you'll get the TKO.

Pilgrim
May 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM
This brings up one of the few house rules we tend to use, namely that we're not real nitpicky about the "fit thing." We pretty much let you put a character off-balance or a little tipsy, just so long as it doesn't completely knock down a tree or is impossible to place because it's next to a stack of elevation.

We also allow people to change facings of characters in order to get a fit without charging movement points, and we allow large figures to go through passages the figure can't fit through so long as they can generally fit in the final place.

I dunno. Restricting gameplay because the plastic figure doesn't fit exactly on the plastic bridge just seems too far for me.

K/H_Addict
May 16th, 2006, 08:35 PM
i say if he doesnt fint he doesnt fit and you are SOL my friend. BUT, what you could do, is back up away from the uncrossable bridge and force your opponent out acroos the bridge, and the charge in on him once you get a good distance away. OR think ahead and remove the rails before the game...

maybe you could houose rule it and make walls have life etc and can be knocked dow during the game.

Hex_Enduction_Hour
May 16th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Gorillanator, don't you know? Trolls go UNDER a bridge, not on top - unless there'll be billy goats crossing the bridge. but I don't think that'll happen in any wave any time soon. :D

I don't think my Krug fits either.

K/H_Addict
May 16th, 2006, 08:49 PM
speaking of krug...

anyone have a spare krug head they done need? mine has been decapitated.....

spacemonkeymafia
May 16th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I noticed that mine has problems fitting as well but I just forced him in. I found that there is quite a bit of play on his big ass sword.

fejkl
May 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Ours fits just fine. The rail of our bridge is in the exact spot where the large dint in his cleaver is.

bunjee
May 16th, 2006, 09:57 PM
As I recall, we house rule that Krug can go across bridges. Though mine may fit ok.

I figure if any of the Krugs fit, it is unfair to say that no Krugs can go on bridges. I did not read the official ruling, this is just how we do it here.

DEATHWALKER 1970
May 17th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Wether hell stand flat on the bridge or not, Im pretty sure it will be possible to tell what spaces hes standing on. My guess is that the rule is intended to make sure that players will always be sure on what space(s) a figure is standing, not to give them a hard time because of sculpts. Id let him go on the bridge.

Marc
May 17th, 2006, 04:21 PM
My gaming group allows for a little reality in this situation. We assume that Krug has full range of motion in his wrist and so he could move his cleaver just a little to the side. Our opinion was that if we didn't let him fit because of that we were taking things a little too seriously.

ninthdoc
May 17th, 2006, 05:54 PM
A good way to incorporate both what Marc said and follow the rules was employed by me last Saturday at Rodriquez's gameday.

Ol' Krug was having a little bit of difficulty, so I helped him out. Pull slightly up on the cleaver so that it clears the bridge wall, then let go. Krug just sort of holds on to the bridge. He fits and realism is preserved.

K/H_Addict
May 17th, 2006, 07:02 PM
i have 2 krugs at my house. 1 fit. 1 didnt. the one that didnt was made able to by bending his bludgeoning stick in towards him for about 5 seconds.

BTW: love the quick reply box, and the last 15 active topic.

StarSlayer
May 17th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Yes the easy way to make the rules still work would be to bend the cleaver out of the way. I have a couple that don't fit, while others do.

AgentX-127
May 18th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Wow...
We've always played Krug doesn't fit on the bridge.
I built the bridge 2 hexes wide just so Krug can get by...

I think I remember this one submitted to Hasbro and they didn't really confirm or deny Krug in particular, they just said something like:
"If the figure does not fit in the space with the base resting on the hex, it cannot be placed there."

Anyone else remember that?

netherspirit
May 18th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Wow...
We've always played Krug doesn't fit on the bridge.
I built the bridge 2 hexes wide just so Krug can get by...

I think I remember this one submitted to Hasbro and they didn't really confirm or deny Krug in particular, they just said something like:
"If the figure does not fit in the space with the base resting on the hex, it cannot be placed there."

Anyone else remember that?

Yep. That is what I told the original poster in my response. "If he doesn't fit you can't put him there."

Sydcomebak
May 18th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Time to boil Krug and re-pose?

bobofett
May 18th, 2006, 05:11 PM
speaking of krug...

anyone have a spare krug head they done need? mine has been decapitated.....

Uuummm... ouch. Poor krug if he was alive you never would of had the chance to cut his head off.

BTW Why did u cut his head off.

Bobbo
May 19th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Ol' Krug was having a little bit of difficulty, so I helped him out. Pull slightly up on the cleaver so that it clears the bridge wall, then let go. Krug just sort of holds on to the bridge. He fits and realism is preserved.

Also, in real life, Krug is afraid of heights, and would be holding on to the side of the bridge anyways.

We let Krug on the bridge. We luv Krug.

ServantOfUtgar
May 19th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I was one of the people who brought this up on HQ, later I just bent my krug a little. Problem solved.

Codeman
May 19th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I can not use my Krug on a single tile wide bridge. Of couse on my home maps I seem to make my bridges double wide. :lol:

cawalker
May 22nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
I would say...

Use hairdryer until his arm goes limp, re-pose and hold until figure is cooled down and solid.

Krug now fits on bridges!

morgonis
May 22nd, 2006, 03:42 PM
yeah we all house rule he can fit on the bridge as well, if he sat obviously lopsided and/or in danger of easy tipping over then of course we wouldnt allow him on the broge (Safety First!) but when you have to drop down to do a flatness check on his base because its that close....the yeah we figure its ok to let him on there.

Augray
May 22nd, 2006, 04:44 PM
Since it appears some Krugs fit and some don't, I would allow Krug to go on the bridge. I would do a minor "hair dryer" readjust on my own Krugs that didn't fit.

Has anyone had any issues with Nilfheim? Mine has trouble on a single space bridge.

Double Oak
May 22nd, 2006, 11:44 PM
As per Krug, we had that come up this weekend and decided to let him stay. A move I regretted when a heavily wounded Krug double attacked my son (and teamates) Major Q9 and took him out in one turn!

That said, I go for realism and if placement of an arm keeps him from fitting, clearly he would move the arm so I believe he should fit.

Now Nilfheim, as was previously posted, also didn't fit and my opponents weren't as kind as I was with Krug. Once again I think he should fit but it is a harder arguement.

What are y'alls thoughts on Nilf?

Rchean
May 23rd, 2006, 12:30 AM
On a normal wall sided, singles spaced, bridge my Nilf sits about as well as my krug.

just an ever so slight lean; less than a centimeter of space

Looking at it, I would allow nilfhem on the birdge, too.

DoesntCompute
May 23rd, 2006, 02:11 AM
I tend to follow the rules. This is a game and the rules define reality. If the rules say that a fig must fit to be placed in a location then they must fit.

I have found that a game can degenerate quickly into hurt feelings if you allow the concept of reality to become the rule of the day in a game about dead heros trying to kill each other in the afterlife. Even without mind altering chemicals, each of us has a different concept of reality and I hate to have game deciding moments argued/decided using a subjective set of 'feelings'.

gorillanator
May 27th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Does hairdrying a Krug really work?