PDA

View Full Version : Gen Con Championships

skyknight
August 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I have been getting my army ready and I ran into an issue....

NMN0901490
Gen Con Indy Heroscape Championship '09, Day 1
-80 player. 5 round swiss. Bring a 500 point Heroscape (no Marvel) army that does not exceed 24 hexes. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Top 16 players advance to Day 2. Advancing players will be allowed to add reinforcements to their existing army. At the end of Day 1, a Battle die will be rolled to determine the new point value for Day 2 armies. The Day 2 army point total will be 575 for a skull, 600 for a shield, or 640 for a symbol

and then..

Gen Con Indy Heroscape Championship '09, Day 2
-Players qualify in Day 1 event, 16 positions. Single elimination with consolation match. Qualifying players will be notified of the point total prior to this event. Players bring their pre-drafted Heroscape army from Day 1 with reinforcements. Reinforced army can not exceed 24 hexes. The tournament is played in 75 minute rounds using 3rd edition rules. Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the top 4 finishers. All Day 2 players receive a prize.

I just realized if you go all 24 spaces the first day you are just simply out of luck for the second day with reinforcements...I am going to have to revamp my army...yecch :?

I am going to have to figure out armies for all three levels as well...I shoulda just joined heat of battle or something:)

arp12
August 9th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Well, you can always drop out again. ;)

skyknight
August 9th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Well, you can always drop out again. ;)
Had to give others a chance to win is all.....

Honestly I get enough Scape at home....I played one tourney last year and that is all I am doing this year. I do not want to tie my time up with a single game no matter what it is. If I do not make day 2 that is cool as well...it just means I go digging out on the convention floor for that much longer. GenCon is no longer about Scape for me....it is much bigger than that.

R˙chean
August 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Sky, you can "eat" figures to get under the hex limit. Low level squaddies: A rat, a stinger, a tron, whatever. Just because you fill your hexes on Day 1 doesn't mean you can't add reinforcements, it just means you have to sit a figure or two to maintain the hex limit.

And what makes you think you are so special that you get to start another thread, just for little ole you?????

Here is the thread with all the ins and outs, thoughts and ideas regarding the main event for this year:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=24414