PDA

View Full Version : SoCal league Tourn#6 - Runehardt's-Simi Valley-Sept. 23rd

Runehardt
September 9th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Sorry - Been busy.
My house is still OK for the 23rd. We have more than enough room.
I'll heat the pool and the Jacuzzi for anyone that wants to have a swim.
I will set up at noon and start at 1:00 ??? Please let me know if this works by posting your concerns.
I have at least one castle set to include in the large map for after battles.
400 point pre-made armies sounds good to me. I should have enough terrain here to make all the maps we need. I'll figure out how many we need when we get closer and know how many people we'll have.
I'm thinking of having a 500 point big game after the tournament. Perhaps a capture the flag or some kind of scenerio.

So far...

YES -
Runehardt
Dman
DValhalla
JuicerGM

MAYBE -

RGinther
Laridae
AllSkulls
Oogie
Avenger
Jtserick
BIGJIM

NO -
Boom
I'll make some new rub-on stickers and some heroscape magnets for everyone that shows up!

allskulls
September 9th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Can't wait, Rune!

You should add a registration to the thread.

Runehardt
September 9th, 2006, 11:26 PM
It looks like I can't put the old yes/no registration on the top of the page like you used to be able to. Has something changed? Can a mod step in here and put one on there?

allskulls
September 9th, 2006, 11:29 PM
It looks like I can't put the old yes/no confirmation on the top of the page like you used to be able to.
I guess not then :?

It's all good, just start a list and you can edit your first post.

JuicerGM
September 10th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I'm in and ready to go. Any special conditions to setting up armies? Man I haven't played since last tournament and I even have castles SO I AM ITCHING TO GET SOME GAMES IN. Heroscape withdrawal is setting in. I am glad it is only two weeks.

skyknight
September 10th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I wanna go :sad:

allskulls
September 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I wanna go :sad:
Use your "Swingline", Sky :wink:

Sure wish you could be here, bro!

skyknight
September 10th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I usually make it out Visalia every year and a half or so. We'll hook up again.

Avenger
September 10th, 2006, 10:53 PM
what's the address? I need to check if i can make it.

Avenger
September 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
my mom can't take me, but she said(her exact words),"Maybe you can take a train or something." So I'll have to look into trains or other modes of transportation.

Runehardt
September 10th, 2006, 11:48 PM
my mom can't take me, but she said(her exact words),"Maybe you can take a train or something." So I'll have to look into trains or other modes of transportation.
Anybody coming to the tournament that lives near Avenger??? Simi Valley has an awesome new mall - Tell your mom to come and check it out!!! :wink:

Avenger
September 11th, 2006, 12:00 AM
:rofl: my mom is also laughin!!! That's a first, my mom laughing at the site. :rofl: by the way, how long is it expected to last my mom asks.

Runehardt
September 11th, 2006, 12:53 AM
:rofl: my mom is also laughin!!! That's a first, my mom laughing at the site. :rofl: by the way, how long is it expected to last my mom asks.
I'm not sure how long. I guess it depends on how many people are playing and if everyone shows up on time. We'll do the tournament thing and then play some non tournament big battles after the tournament. We'll probably play into the night but you could leave whenever. Your mom could hang out here if she wants. I'll have snacks and drinks and my wife and kids will be hangin around. Seriously - She could hang here if she wants. We have lots to do. She could go swimming, watch TV, play Xbox, play foosball, Kick it in the hammock, Lay by the pool, shoot some hoops, read a book, play with the dogs, PLAY HEROSCAPE... :lol:
Actually all joking aside, our new mall rocks! It's a little bit high end but it's got the look and feel of an old european village.

:tumble:

Runehardt
September 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Anybody else know if they can make it yet?

Wilkerson74
September 11th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I wish I could make it Rune....I havn't been to a so cal gathering in a few months....and Im itching to play....I havnt even had a chance to play one game lately.

Hopefully I can make one more before the year is over....or maybe I'll look into making ur event via carpooling.

Cheers.

jtserick
September 11th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Put me down for a strong maybe. I may not bne able to get there until 1:00 though.

BIGJIM
September 12th, 2006, 05:43 AM
MAYBE, DEPENDS ON WORK

Avenger
September 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM
unfortunately i can't, because of a double negative. No ride and I will be on a Boy Scout campout.

Oogie_Da_Bruce
September 15th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Updated with Registration.

It's a possible for me.

Wilkerson74
September 15th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I know its early to start thinking about november...but my and my buddy john where entertaining the idea of hosting the next so cal bash if some of you folks where willing to make the drive to grover beach (its 15 minutes north of santa maria). If someone else has stepped in to host for november let me know, just throwing it out there.

Runehardt
September 15th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I like that area - Is that where you can drive on the beach?

Wilkerson74
September 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM
yup...more sand and water than you can shake a stick at.

JuicerGM
September 15th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I know its early to start thinking about november...but my and my buddy john where entertaining the idea of hosting the next so cal bash if some of you folks where willing to make the drive to grover beach (its 15 minutes north of santa maria). If someone else has stepped in to host for november let me know, just throwing it out there.

But what about October? Though my Open weekend that month amount to just October 14th I would like to find out that before worrying about November.

Wilkerson74
September 15th, 2006, 10:57 PM
dammit....I skipped a month...ugh.....oh well October or november would work for me. I will let the majority speak since the majority of the so cal group is from the LA area.

allskulls
September 15th, 2006, 11:22 PM
I had to sign up on the maybe list...doing a funeral next friday.

dvalhalla
September 16th, 2006, 11:24 AM
yup...more sand and water than you can shake a stick at. GB...great place. I lived there on N 13th St for about 3 years. Best weather I ever experienced - especially in Summer with the marine layer. Still have lots of friends up there. Stupid me let my wife go to grad school so we moved.

JuicerGM
September 20th, 2006, 11:37 PM
We haven't had this near the top for a while so it needs a new post. I was hoping to get directions but my PM has been unanswered. I hope we have more people planning on being there than just 3.

Looking forward to hearing something

Royalgriffin
September 21st, 2006, 10:00 AM
Well I'm almost definetely coming....Have to bring that trophy back eh? Anyway, I didn't see where it said anything...what figures to we bring? (I would gladly bring them all but its in a weird container and it looks kinda weird (long and flat))

Royalgriffin
September 21st, 2006, 10:05 AM
Srry to double post, but can someone give me the map to the place?

Oogie_Da_Bruce
September 21st, 2006, 01:21 PM
Goodone Royal....

HEY RUNE!!!

We need to get the address to your place!

Oogie_Da_Bruce
September 21st, 2006, 01:25 PM
OK I found it.

IF your a member of the SoCal Heroscaper League (Yahoo Group) you can sign in and find the address here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/socalheroscapeleauge/message/94

If your not.... then why aren't you.

Just click the link in my sig, but hurry. or PM Runehart for directions.

Runehardt
September 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM
I'm here!
I've just been real busy with other things. I'm still on for this Saturday. Oogie put a link to the directions for all the SoCal heroscape League people. If anybody else need directions let me know and I will PM them to you. Looks like only 3 people in the yes column. I'll need to know how many people so I can get enough food and drinks. i also need to know how many maps we should build.
I was thinking we could start at noon. If this works for everyone. I know somebody said they probably couldn't make it until 1:00...?
Since I didn't get any other suggestions, I think everyone should bring pre made 400 point armies and maybe a larger army for an after battle.
I'd like to do something with the castle or perhaps a quest for artifacts scenerio... maybe a capture the flag game? I'll play around with some ideas tonight and tomorrow.
Feel free to offer up suggestions!
If any of you "maybe's" know your coming let me know.

Runehardt
September 21st, 2006, 06:41 PM
Let's make the start time 1:00 PM because 2 people have mentioned 12:00 would not be good. I'll make it 12:00 set up and 1:00 start time!

boom
September 22nd, 2006, 01:25 PM
Good luck this weekend, guys. I hope to make the next one.

Detrimentalman
September 22nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
Well I managed to pass the buck on taking someone to the airport tomorrow so now I shouldn't have a problem making it.

Runehardt
September 22nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Getting down to the wire... anybody else? I guess I'll just make a couple of big 4 player maps that will each work as one on one maps for the tournament.
Anybody else coming? let me know as soon as you know for sure.

Runehardt
September 22nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rdoran2001/th_KrugbuttonBobby.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rdoran2001/KrugbuttonBobby.jpg)
I just made a few Krug buttons for the first people to show up! :D :lol:

Royalgriffin
September 22nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
I'm coming... What figures do I need for tomorrow though? Just bring all of them?

Runehardt
September 23rd, 2006, 12:49 AM
I'm coming... What figures do I need for tomorrow though? Just bring all of them?
400 point armies. Not general specific. You might want to bring a few combinations. I'll try to use all types of terrain on the maps.

Royalgriffin
September 23rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
so does anyone have just a couple figs that i could borrow? (the sets I don't have are cowboys and samurais, and the one with deadeye dan i need that). Srry just missing that half of wave 4 and wondering.

Runehardt
September 23rd, 2006, 12:42 PM
Anything I'm not using can be borrowed. i haven't planned any armies out yet. In fact, I still haven't even opened my wave 5 or my castle box yet!

Runehardt
September 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
2 rounds so far...

Royalgriffin
September 23rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
WOOT!! Awesome tourney and congrats to Dman for beating me and the rest of us. If the next tourney isnt decided yet, my parents say we can prob host here. What do you guys think?

Runehardt
September 24th, 2006, 12:56 AM
WOOT!! Awesome tourney and congrats to Dman for beating me and the rest of us. If the next tourney isnt decided yet, my parents say we can prob host here. What do you guys think?
Thanks for coming everybody! Northridge is perfect for me!
Congrats to Dman. We just finished the final game of the day... 8 hours of Heroscape! I finally got a chance to try out my castle :lol:
As usual I was destroyed in every game. Oh, except the castle game.
Thanks again to everyone that came by. I hope you all had fun.

allskulls
September 25th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry I missed it guys.

Funny thing is I was with family in Santa Clarita on Friday and Saturday...not too far from you, Rune.

Pics!!!

jtserick
September 25th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Had a great time. Although looking back I think that in my second game my opponent was fielding a 500 point army. Silly me for not catching it at the time. So I actually won my second game....from a certain point of view.

Runehardt
September 25th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Group shot (minus 1)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rdoran2001/th_SCHL1.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rdoran2001/SCHL1.jpg)
Click on image for larger view!

Detrimentalman
September 25th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Had a great time Runehardt!

I have to say you always have a great setup. I really liked the two types of snow to distinguish heavy and normal. The maps were really nice and i'm not just saying that because I helped with them :) ; I thought they were all pretty well balanced and were fun to play on. For all the people who didn't make it you missed out on the smorgasborg of awsome stickers, buttons, and poolside strippers again.

We had a few tournament firsts too:
Two of the tournament maps were actually one map and the players faced off on opposite sides with the option of heading into the middle as they wanted. I don't think anyone actually did, but it sure made it nice to have a big map already setup for the after tournament games.

No tournament sheets.... :shock: haha and no round cards. Whatever were we to do? Well it was lucky that we ended up with such a small showing because we decided to wing it and not make anybody write anything down except the points for the matches, which i'm not even sure people did hehe. There were one or two puzzle moments and with jtserik scratching his head I would say in the future we better make sure we have them, but it was really nice to have such a relaxed atmosphere for a change.

Play until your finished. This time there weren't any time limits. We just let everyone finish and then the last game remaining was either allowed to finish, if it was close, or got another round to play. The games worked out to about the standard 45minutes anyhow.

2-3 rounds. With a late start and royalgriff's parents coming back we voted and decided to just have royal and me play off for the win. Everyone else sat down for a large castle game instead of playing their third rounds *shake fist* which I had to watch enviously after my two games against royal finished (we played a second one for fun). Watching the guys try to storm the castle was pretty cool, but i'm not sure how big of a dent they made; Those castle walls are brutal!
-----------------

And finally we had the after game, unfortunately juicer couldn't stay for it, but at the same time we ended up with 2v2 (I still say a scenario would have been cool if he could have stayed). Anyhow mvp of the game was definately the hounds Jtserik and I used. I had su-bak-na and the glyph of lodin so my marro army was powered up. The most shattering moment of the game was rolling a 20 on charros with ne-gok-sa. It was all Rune really had left on the board and who knows how things would have gone if he had kept him.
-------------------

Rune if your sure you got an extra stack I can use then i'll try to keep the 1st free. I would definately like to play if I can make it.

As for hosting the next one I think we have several people with their eyes on it so if you want to do it then start up a new post with the dates you can do it and anyone else who wants to host can give their dates as well, sure we'll figure it out.

Runehardt
September 25th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Had a great time Runehardt!

Rune if your sure you got an extra stack I can use then i'll try to keep the 1st free. I would definately like to play if I can make it.

Thanks! It was fun and relaxed. Nobody was too serious.

D-man mentions the 1st...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rdoran2001/th_blackandOrangepostersm.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rdoran2001/blackandOrangepostersm.jpg)
I'm hosting a CLOUT tournament next Sunday. If anybody on here plays and lives close enough you should come out and check it. Or, if you'd like to learn, we have free demo stacks for anybody and I have some stacks people can borrow for the tournee.

Thanks again to all who came out for Heroscape tournament.

Royalgriffin
September 30th, 2006, 12:10 PM
So close....I almost had him, and then came raelin. I swung Drake's sword and that stupid spear of hers blocked me.

Good games everyone. Congrats to Dman. Does anyone know where the next tourney is?

jtserick
September 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Now that Hasbro has officially ruled against the Rat on Rat attack scatter, it turns out that I was also unwittingly cheated against in my other tournament game. I hereby declare myself the moral victor of the tournament! What's my prize? :)

Runehardt
September 30th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Now that Hasbro has officially ruled against the Rat on Rat attack scatter, it turns out that I was also unwittingly cheated against in my other tournament game. I hereby declare myself the moral victor of the tournament! What's my prize? :)
You've won the biggest and bestest prize of all...
the respect and admiration of your peers! :lol:

jtserick
September 30th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Aww I was hoping for at least a bowl of sour grapes!

Detrimentalman
October 1st, 2006, 01:01 AM
Aww I was hoping for at least a bowl of sour grapes!
LMAO :rofl:

Did they now, very cool to know. Did those rats actually kill anyone? I think you almost killed off both packs before they managed to get one of the agents hehe if they can't scatter anymore I doubt i'll use them as much.

Does anyone know where the next tourney is?
Like I said it's up to someone to start a new topic if they want to host and we go from there. I've decided not to try and keep ahead anymore because it didn't seem to work, people don't really seem to know until the last minute anyhow.

It may have been close in the end RG, but don't forget I had almost my entire army sitting on that mountain and I didn't have to chase you at all =)

Royalgriffin
October 1st, 2006, 12:59 PM
Yah, I know. It would have been nice if I had some ranged squads!

Detrimentalman
October 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM
So what happened? Nobody wants to host anymore? I'll give it a few more days for those who said they were interested and then i'll offer to do it myself.

JuicerGM
October 7th, 2006, 12:57 AM
The problem is I don't have any open weekends in October. I only have Fridays available. 13th and 20th (thought i won't be able to talk on the 20th) So it makes hosting impossible and playing unlikely.

Detrimentalman
October 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
That's a bummer Juicer, I could probably do a friday, but the 13th is a little short notice. Gonna go ahead and start the new topic so we can see what date is good.