PDA

View Full Version : Happy 40th Anniversary, Star Trek!

Revdyer
September 8th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Forty years ago, today, they began to break infinitives, boldly going where no man had gone before.

My how the time do fly.

And what a long strange trip it's been.

Jim
September 8th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I'm looking forward to the week of the 16th when they start showing the newly enhanced version of the Original Series, replacing all the effects with new CGI shots.

Jim

Rodriquez
September 8th, 2006, 02:01 PM
well it'll be a long time before I have all the signatures from the original crew...

though I did get(and gave to my mom since she's a total ST nut..) William Shatner's sig/pic about 13-14 yrs ago or so and than I got George Takei's sig/pic for her this year at dragoncon..

however I sorta balked at 500 for a signed pic of the guy who played Surak(can't remember his name) or 300 for one of Deforest kelley..

cheers
Rod

Jim
September 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
well it'll be a long time before I have all the signatures from the original crew...

I think all I'm missing is Shatner's, mostly because I'm just not rich enough.

however I sorta balked at 500 for a signed pic of the guy who played Surak(can't remember his name) or 300 for one of Deforest kelley..

Yeah, being dead will raise the price.

Jim

Tiberius
September 8th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I dont have any of the original crew but I do have John DeLancey (Q). And you are right, I am not rich enough to get Shattners.

Joah
September 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I dont have any of the original crew but I do have John DeLancey (Q). And you are right, I am not rich enough to get Shattners.

I'll trade you my autograph from Jodi Sweetan for Q's.

Happy 40th Trek!
My favorite of them all.

django
September 8th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I took a big Shattner this morning.

Happy 40th!

Tiberius
September 9th, 2006, 06:30 AM
I'll trade you my autograph from Jodi Sweetan for Q's.

Happy 40th Trek!
My favorite of them all.

That made my wife drool, she is a big full house fan.

jcb231
September 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
What's the deal on the new Star Trek movie? Is it a total reimagining or what? I keep hearing different things....

I hope it's a reimaging....that's what I was hoping Enterprise was going to be.

Star Trek is all well and good and I enjoy an episode from time to time still, but I don't want or need to see more of the same. If they're going to make new Trek I want to see something drastically different and exciting.

Jim
September 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Everything I've heard says it is set in the earlier life of Kirk, before the original series. Not a reimagining, more of a rewinding.

Jim

Rodriquez
September 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
well as I remember I didna pay for shatner's autograph. He was at an convention in atlanta giving a speech and promoting whichever ST movie was out at the time, like I said that was at least 13 yrs ago or so.

cheers
Rod

Jim
October 4th, 2006, 11:03 AM

I think all I'm missing is Shatner's, mostly because I'm just not rich enough.

Well it looks like that will change, because Shatner is going to be at a convention in the next town over next month, and the prices were reasonable enough so I could get tickets for him and an autograph.

(www.unitedfancon.com if anyone's interested.)

Jim

DinosaurSayRAWR07
January 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM
i grew up watching star trek

i love that show.

i still watch it with my dad when im at his house.

oh yeah by the way im a girl who loves star trek...

is that werid?

Cavalier
January 24th, 2007, 10:12 AM
i grew up watching star trek

i love that show.

i still watch it with my dad when im at his house.

oh yeah by the way im a girl who loves star trek...

is that werid?Nope, but you may be many a geeks dream girl :P

I already found one (my wife) who likes Star Trek, Starwars, LotR, D&D, HS...Man am I a lucky guy 8)

DinosaurSayRAWR07
January 24th, 2007, 10:13 AM
i watch the science fiction channel with my dad.

i love all the shows he watches.

Kepler
January 26th, 2007, 11:20 AM
More power to girls that like Star Trek.

I was actually hit on by a cute girl that liked Star Trek (a rare combination) in college, but I was already engaged to my wife (who doesn't like Sc-Fi) by then.

ZBeeblebrox
January 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Happy Anniversary Star Trek, You Rock :headbang:

Star Trek has always been a favorite of mine, i used to watch the old Kirk episodes with my Dad, who was a bigger fan than I am. Then next Generation came along and blew me away.

Malechi
January 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Ah, Star Trek I knew you well. Growing up watching it from the start in all its incarnations. Loving most, some not so much, but dammit it is Star Trek!

I had (past tense due to a fire) all of the original cast signatures when I was younger (before $$$ for signatures became a staple of society), but replacing them was not a big deal as I didn't want them for value other than to say I had them and met the cast! Funny story when we were kids, my younger brother (who hates Sci-Fi) and I attended a Star Trek Convention. He went for one reason and one reason only ... to meet Yeoman Janice Rand (Grace Lee Whitney). He still talks about it to this day! :D

kenjib
January 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I never could get into any of the stuff after the original series but man do I loves me some original series!

johnny139
January 26th, 2007, 04:17 PM
My dad has a tape of every episode. He's a trekkie, and now... Well, let's just say the genes are dominant.

Happy Anniversary!

Hex_Enduction_Hour
January 26th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I hadn't seen Star Trek TOS since I was a youngster. Recently I found the first season at my local library. It comes in a yellow tri-corder shaped container.
Ah man! What a fun show.
I would have renewed that sucker endlessly if it wasn't on hold for someone else.
Episode Galileo Seven didn't hold up as good as when I was a kid, but Yeoman Mears? Yeah, just as attractive as I remember.

Happy frickin' Birthday, Star Trek!

Revdyer
January 26th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I hadn't seen Star Trek TOS since I was a youngster. Recently I found the first season at my local library. It comes in a yellow tri-corder shaped container.
Ah man! What a fun show.
I would have renewed that sucker endlessly if it wasn't on hold for someone else.
Episode Galileo Seven didn't hold up as good as when I was a kid, but Yeoman Mears? Yeah, just as attractive as I remember.

Happy frickin' Birthday, Star Trek!

Preach it, brother!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/Revdyer/YeomanMears.jpg
Preach it!

Hex_Enduction_Hour
January 26th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah, the Rev knows!
:toast:
Then there was Yeoman Smith
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h249/jonan_jello/200px-Yeoman_Smith_2265.jpg

kenjib
January 26th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Forget the yeomen! It's all about Vina...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/kenjib_2006/250px-Vina.jpg

Hex_Enduction_Hour
January 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Forget the yeomen! It's all about Vina...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/kenjib_2006/250px-Vina.jpg
I respectfully bow down to Vina too! Even in green...

Revdyer
January 26th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I ain't no Herbert.

Dennys
January 26th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Everyone knows the Vina Color editing story right? When the camera's saw thru her green color and produced fleshtone?

Hex_Enduction_Hour
January 27th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Everyone knows the Vina Color editing story right? When the camera's saw thru her green color and produced fleshtone?
I have no knowledge of Trek trivia! Is this accurate for the cameras of that time?
I ain't no Herbert.
You mean Kermit?

Revdyer
January 27th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I ain't no Herbert.
You mean Kermit?

No, I mean Herbert. What the "neo-hippies" called Kirk, meaning "square." I even Googled "Herbert" AND "Startrek" to make sure my memory hadn't failed me. For once, it hadn't. Now, where are my car keys? They're around here someplace. If I could only remember what I did with them.

Dennys
January 27th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Check your pocket Rev.

Revdyer
January 27th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Check your pocket Rev.

Thanks, Dennys! They were in my back pocket, which also explains the recent sharp pains I have been feeling back there.

ninthdoc
January 27th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I ain't no Herbert.
You mean Kermit?

No, I mean Herbert. What the "neo-hippies" called Kirk, meaning "square." I even Googled "Herbert" AND "Startrek" to make sure my memory hadn't failed me. For once, it hadn't. Now, where are my car keys? They're around here someplace. If I could only remember what I did with them.

The Way to Eden

Malechi
January 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM
... Now back to the subject at hand ...

Babes of Star Trek TOS

Okay I never stated my fav of all the Original Series babes, it would have to be, without a doubt, Shahna from the episode Gamesters Of Triskelion!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/Malechi_HeroScape/stuff/shahna.jpg

After all these years, those go-go boots and short-shorts still get to me where it counts! No wonder I like to watch rap vidoes! :wink:

A little bit of trivia about Angelique Pettyjohn the actress who played Shahna: She would later star in adult films under the name Heaven St. John, and later billed simply under her first name. Never did see any of those. :(

She built a successful secondary career in convention appearances during the 1980's, and until her physique made it visually impractical would actually appear on convention Q&A panels and costume contests wearing the actual "Shahna" costume, and wielding one of the trident spears.

Hex_Enduction_Hour
January 28th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I ain't no Herbert.
You mean Kermit?

This rings vaguely familiar. I've gotta see the other seasons now!

... Now back to the subject at hand ...

Babes of Star Trek TOS

Okay I never stated my fav of all the Original Series babes, it would have to be, without a doubt, Shahna from the episode Gamesters Of Triskelion!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/Malechi_HeroScape/stuff/shahna.jpg

Oh. My. God.
I completely forgot about her!
As a kid, I thought she was just beautiful.
I had a niggling somewhere whenever that episode came on!

A little bit of trivia about Angelique Pettyjohn the actress who played Shahna: She would later star in adult films under the name Heaven St. John, and later billed simply under her first name. Never did see any of those. :(

Whoah.

EDIT: Appears she died of cervical cancer in 1992. Tis sad. Rest in peace, beautiful.

Revdyer
January 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM
And if her cervical cancer was from the Papilloma virus, such a waste, now that we can vaccinate women against it and prevent that particular cancer. Get tested! Don't spread it. Get vaccinated. A condom will keep this STD from being spread. <exhausted by the truth>

Dennys
January 29th, 2007, 12:33 AM
The Vina reen color/flestone thing....(for any interested)

When Gene (GBotG) first thought of the Orion thing he wanted her visibly green, so they painted her up and filmed it. Next day dailies (screening of prior day shots) she was fleshtone on the screen. So they painted her up more heavily.

Next day dailies... she's fleshtone. So they paint her up even more green and STILL she came out flesh. So the next time they follow the film thru color processing at the lab, and the senior color editor runs the fresh film out on his previewer and says, "My GOD, she's still green!" ...and proceeds to recolorize her back to fleshtone...

Everyone burst out laughing because it seems this guy was the only one that didn't now she was SUPPOSED to be green...

ninthdoc
January 29th, 2007, 12:39 PM
When Star Trek fandom goes too far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p892dUiTMss

http://guildwars.si/razno/smiley_spock.jpg :headshake: :screwy: :help:

Ryougabot
January 29th, 2007, 01:11 PM
HERBERT!!!
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/insp_herbert.jpg

ST babes and the Prime Directive
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/insp_prime_directive.jpg

Babes of TOS - Mudd's Women