PDA

View Full Version : Invader Zim

cardshark999
August 29th, 2008, 03:45 PM
If any of you have any fond memeries of Invader Zim please post them here. I am close to tears when I am reminded it has been cancelled.

P.S. Gir is amazingly funny

Greyelephant
August 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
"It was me, I was the turkey"!

"I'm naked"!

"Me and the squirrel are friends".

Some episodes were just ok. Some lame. But sometimes they hit the nail on the head and had me laughing my socks off. Overall I love watching the show.

Supergeek
August 29th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I love that show. I even wore my GIR shirt to work today.

wdgrant
August 30th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I have only watched some of the first season, but I did indeed enjoy it very much.

My favorite moment would either be: the testing of new friends, "absorbancy", "conductivity (i think?), and "the final test" (involving a mini school bus and a beaver?). I also love the germ episode, and when Gir comes in after all germs have been removed and Zim sees the germs eminating from Gir with his special goggles as Gir gleefully describes his adventures with a pig and spins on the floor. Great stuff.

If you liked Zim, you should find a trade paperback of the creator Jhonen Vasquez's best two series. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and Squee. His other stuff is very hit or miss, but these two are pure genius. Beware, these are very much mature audiences only, so not for all Zim fans.

Lank281
August 30th, 2008, 09:16 AM
If you liked Zim, you should find a trade paperback of the creator Jhonen Vasquez's best two series. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and Squee. His other stuff is very hit or miss, but these two are pure genius. Beware, these are very much mature audiences only, so not for all Zim fans.

I actually remember reading a bit of those. I found them highly enjoyable.

As for Invader Zim, I think it is simply one of the best cartoon series ever released. I actually own the entire series on DVD. It's a shame that they cancelled right after they introduced Mini-Moose.

"You're after my robot bee!" -Zim (Episode 20: Tak: The Hideous New Girl)

"And then the squirrel flew away! After that, he went back to his home planet to fight all the bad guys." -Gir (Episode 15A: Mysterious Mysteries)

"Gir, your waffles have made me sick. Fetch me the bucket!" -Zim (Episode 22B: Zim Eats Waffles)

Ugly-Caco
August 30th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Craig, the sampler of Slipknot is a big fan of Vasquez.

When I have a zit (not often), I call him: Pusstulio.

Metaknight
August 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I like this show... what every happened? Did he take over the Earth?

My friend who joined this site is even named GIR. He likes it more than me.

cardshark999
August 30th, 2008, 11:08 AM
The show was cancelled after 27 episodes for being to scary. One reason was bloody Gir a few times they showed Gir all bloody in one or two frames of the show.

Greyelephant
August 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I don't ever remember him being bloody.

I liked the episode where he was stealing body organs off of the other students. At the end the nurse looks at him and says "Oh what a healthy young boy, so full of organs"!

Too funny. Good times.

"Curse you Poop-Dog"!

Metaknight
August 30th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Some episodes had Gir being all bloody, but you have to use freeze frame to see it.

http://www.buzzyworld.com/zim/images/BloodyGIR.png

I wonder if they'll ever bring it back... doubt it.

Greyelephant
August 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Some episodes had Gir being all bloody, but you have to use freeze frame to see it.

http://www.buzzyworld.com/zim/images/BloodyGIR.png

I wonder if they'll ever bring it back... doubt it.

I never noticed that before. That is gross. Too bad they couldn't have just changed that one thing so they could still aire the show. Oh, well all good things must come to an end.

"Look what I found, it's real stinky"!

DeceitfulBeauty
September 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
God Jhonen is genius. Really, if you like this, check his other stuff out, if you're old enough. And I can't stress this enough. Also, anything by his buddy Roman Dirge, who is my personal favourite of the too, but that's my preference.

I really wish they could bring the show back, but I doubt they will. It was too much for Nick, I think. Should have contracted it to Cartoon Network, they show more edgy stuff imo. But Zim was fantastic.

keetacongoo
September 22nd, 2008, 08:11 PM
Invader...zim? Never heard of it...
I love that show...so much!
My number one favorite episode is "Walk for you Lives." So, so funny.
Favorite quote:
Zim: Alright Gir. It's been nice working with you. Now self destruct!"
Gir. FINALLY! *Boom*

Gir: You gonna make biscuits? YOU gonna make biscuits? YOU GONNA MAKE BISCUITS?

Pickledpie
October 11th, 2008, 09:11 AM
You know, it's still on Nicktoons Network at 3:30 A.M. on Mondays and Sundays. No new episodes or anything, though.

edridtc123
November 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM
With all of the garbage TV shows now, it's a wonder they can find Invader Zim in bad taste.

Maybe a try at pitching it to Cartoon Network for the episodes made but never aired...

ParaGoomba Slayer
November 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Grim & Evil/Billy and Mandy > Invader Zim. :p

Oyhedwig
December 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
"I suppose old kid's an alien too."

hextr1p
January 9th, 2009, 06:46 PM
"People of earth! Prepare to taste the mighty foot of my planet!"

Best cartoon EVAR! My original avatar here on the family of Heroscape forums was ZIM, back on .NET. And I have all three seasons on DVD, and a plush GIR in dog suit sitting on my desk at home!

My fav episode was PeePi the hamster.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd120/misskitty13meow/ultrapeepi.jpg

BRILLIANT!

Pickledpie
January 10th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Obey me, Peepi! :lol: