PDA

View Full Version : NC Skirmish

primal
August 18th, 2006, 06:08 PM
tomorrow morning.....august 19th.....a mist will cover the land......(my daughter with the bug spray, she hates them).................furry beasts will prowl....(my 3 cats and shiftless, lazy, speed-bump dog)..............the undergrowth will shift...........(I need to weed the flowerbeds, it is rediculous) and then at 11:30 a.m..................NC Skirmish!
well, I tried to make it sound cool. Noodles is driving down to casa del Primal to play with my 'scapers and I.
I am going to make the 4 island maps, using the teleporter tiles that I painted:, 1 island fortress (with excellent castle set), 1 wicked Lava island, 1 glacier-covered island and finally, 1 island dominated by a tremendous lake. I believe there will be 4 or 5 or us, Demo, Jeanie, Denny, Noodles and myself. well, I will post a full report here on saturday night. I know saturday nights alright for fightin', but I would like to think that afternoon will suffice in a pinch.
good luck all.

AmishBurrito
August 18th, 2006, 10:42 PM
i'll be there too :shock:

primal
August 18th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I really hope that the tasty treat with the hat on it shows up too, I have plenty of hot and a few mild sauces!

primal
August 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Today was a Good Day.............a Good Day.
NCSkirmish '06 was fantastic. straight up, NEVER have I had this much fun playing this game. I have come close, but this was the BEST day of Heroscape that I have had, period.
I have a couple of photos to post, I actually lost one of them somewhere in the ether-verse.
here is a shot of the players:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/bman_77/NCSkirmish06.jpg
from left to right, let's meet the players: on the far left, that is JT from Raliegh , NC. then next to him, 2nd to left is Demo Doug from Greensboro, NC. in the middle, thats me, the big bald Prime-time. next to me, 4th from left is AmishBurrito himself (Corey from Raliegh, NC). 2nd from the right is Jeanie, from High Point, NC and all of the way over to the right is NOODLES! (Steven from Greensboro, NC).

this was an excellent group to play Heroscape with, Corey helped us with some rules clarifications that we were somehow messing up. Corey, JT and Steven are all very cool, very bright guys. Jeanie and Demo are from my regular game group, so I know they are good. It is very refreshing to know that Heroscapers are cool people, We all connect on a lot of levels. We have the game to talk about at first, then the picking begins, and the jokes, and then We are all like long-lost pals.
on to the play by play: Game 1 was a 5 man FFA. Jeanie and I (like a couple of knotheads) drafted 400 pt. armies for a 500 pt. each game. I had the Ninjas of the broken wind, Tagawa Samurai, Thorgrim and Realin.
I swear I didn't roll squat. Demo had Q-9, a cool custom spellcaster and a squad of Deathstalkers, the new Amazon-elf babes, Microcorp agents, Noodles (Steven) had Moresbane, Saylind, Aubrien Archers, Nee-Gok-Sa and Syvvaris, Jeanie had DW 8K, Dumutef, Me-Burq-Sa, Marro Warriors, some Minions and Guilty McCreach, AmishBurrito (hereby refered to as AB or Corey) had Blastatrons, Gladiatrons, Airborne Elite, Krav Maga Agents and Izumi Samurai. (JT missed the first game)
the Map/Maps: as I said earlier, I make a huge 4 island map with hand-painted teleporter hexes on each island. The way the teleporters are set up, you have to visit each island to get to everyone. Straight up, this takes a LONG time to play because you have to slough through water to 5 turns to get to a teleporter in the middle of a huge lake, you have to go across heavy snow and slippery ice to get to one, and you have to go inside the freaking castle to get to another. as the game turned out, Corey dropped his Airborne onto the castle wall-walk straight away, and then he went after Doug with a vengeance with the gladiatron/blastatron combo. I was on the lava island, and I had teleporters to both Doug's island and to Steven's frozen winter wonderland. Jeanie started on the island of the long lake. well, I will say this: Doug came through the teleporter and he smashed my samurai and Realin. my ninjas went through to the frozen island and Steven made them into sushi with Nee-Gok-Sa. not too good. Jeanie made it through to Steven's island and lost her Marros, Steven was rolling good with his Aubriens and Syvvaris until Jeanie's Minions came in there. Elf-meat all around. Steven ended up with Morebane on top of a mountain with Saylind, cleaned up Jeanie and made a run for the long lake island. it came down to Saylind killing Me-Burq-Sa and chilling until Doug got Q-9 over there. as that epic battle was going on, Doug cleaned up most of my guys, he and Corey went at it hammer and tongs on the castle island. Jeanie teleported DW 8k over to Corey's, and Corey beat the fire out of anything she threw at him.
I the end of game 1, as the smoke cleared, Corey won decisively, with Steven coming in 2nd, Doug in 3rd, Jeanie next to last and Primal watching and shaking my head. Corey rocked it, and Doug was comeback player of the day!

Game 2 (which we didn't get to finish sadly)

JT joined in and We decided to take out the 2 middle islands and combine the long lake island and the castle island. 2 of the players would defend the castle and 4 would assault. I was on the assault team with Doug, JT and Corey- Jeanie and Steven stood defiantly in defense of the castle.
We decided to take 250 pts. each in the interest of clock-managment. (if we didn't manage to finish up Mrs. Primal would beat Mr. Primal, ha ha)
well, our assault force started to attack the castle and while I was waiting for my next turn I was slowly disassembling the map areas that we had left.
here is what it was looking like as it was going:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/bman_77/castleassault.jpg

cool. anyway, We had some good guys down there,the Nakita Agents were there, Dead-Eye Dan, Mimring, Drake Alexander, a Swog Rider, some Gladiatron/Blastatrons, Guilty and several others.
We put a few glyphs out there to make things different, and We got a summon glyph, summoned Syvvaris and beat his silly green cape off.
anyway, it ended up with Drake smashing the door off, Mimring torching some Omicrons (deadly from the tower, believe it), Dead-Eye sniping guys like crazy, Omicrons making soulborg swiss-chees from up high and then it all ended with Primal saying "We need to stop, guys. I don't want to die" of course, We started at 11:40 and I called quits at 5:50. We snapped a picture for the report here, and then everyone headed out to points unknown. Doug hung around for a bit and went out to dinner with me and the family. all we talked about was our day, playing Heroscape with some of the coolest people around. I have a healthy respect for Corey (AmishBurrito), Steven (Noodles), JT (JT) Jeanie and Demo Doug.
AmishBurrito wins the NCSkirmish for '06, and Without a doubt, this kind of thing is what being a Heroscaper is all about.

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Wow, what a day of scaping!

First of all let me say that everybody I met today was awesome. Amish Burrito opened my eyes up to the huge flaw in my understanding of the lava rules....lava just got so much cooler.... And the guy looked spot on like a friend I have in GA which kept tripping me out while we were playing. Primal you were a great host and I think you did the right thing by stopping the last game. The door had blown open and we were about to get slaughtered as we 'fly to the angels'. That's a tribute to the choice of music for the day. And dude - you totally sold me on the dice towers. Those things rocked! Demo Doug - what an intense competitor! - that guy wants to win bad. He's a good strategist so I may have been fortunate to come in 2nd. Great guy. JT you were cool as shizzle as wezzle. Too bad you didn't get in that first game but know that I would have killed Mimring if I had 1 more turn! Jeanie - thank you so much for the chinese food. We did the best we could with that castle....who knew Dead Eye Dan would sit out of our castle defense range and pick off our guys on the battlements one by one? That guy won the game for them because our Omincron Snipers were badazzes up there with their 2 dice bonus and double skulls.

Overall one of the funnest times I've ever played. We'll definitely have to do it again and very soon we're going to have one hell of a castle to play with....

I definitely have about 3-6 friends that on any given Saturday may be willing to play if you ever wanted to have a single massive team/FFA game as opposed to 2 games.

Thanks again! Playing with wave 5 / tundra / lava / castles all on the same map made my freakin month.

Amish and JT - dont' be strangers man....Raleigh isn't that far.

Oh and Saylind rocks.

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Oh yeah, I totally have a new respect for the blastitrons / gladitron combo. That team was ridonkulous.

Teamski
August 20th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Great report! It's great to see 'scapers getting together!! Now if I could find that sort of group in my area, I'd be set!!

-Ski

AmishBurrito
August 20th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Yeah, we should get a big group together. One thing my friends have liked when we have 8 players, is put two identical 1MS maps together and have 2v2 on each one, and then there is another map that connects the two identical ones to the middle, and the remaining figs from the 2v2 battles battle it out in the middle. (This makes you more strategic in conserving figures for the remaining battle, and it doesnt take that long for the middle battle since there wont be many figures left).

AmishBurrito
August 20th, 2006, 09:35 AM
And the guy looked spot on like a friend I have in GA which kept tripping me out while we were playing.

Demo Doug said he thought i looked familiar too, i guess i kinda look like everyone :?

countblah
August 20th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Oh and Saylind rocks.

Stop the presses. :shock:

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Oh and Saylind rocks.

She was great! I used her to fly to the high ground and then I'd summon Morsbane up there to get good line of sight on everybody. I'd fly her to the top of the hill and summon Ne-Gok-Sa so he wouldn't have to climb. When the sh*t started hitting the fan I flew her away and summoned my forces with me. She's invaluable.

AmishBurrito
August 20th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Oh and Saylind rocks.

She was great! I used her to fly to the high ground and then I'd summon Morsbane up there to get good line of sight on everybody. I'd fly her to the top of the hill and summon Ne-Gok-Sa so he wouldn't have to climb. When the sh*t started hitting the fan I flew her away and summoned my forces with me. She's invaluable.

and 3A/3D with flying isnt anything to scoff at, noodles used her as a weapon, with summong as a bonus feature, whereas most pople use her as a summoner, and nothing else.

JotaTay
August 20th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Hey this is JT...I just registered on here.

That was one of the best times I've had playing heroscape. I was kinda worried at first that you guys would be super serious and stuff but when I got there you were all really friendly. I learned some things too, like the glyph of mitonsoul is for each figure, not each card. Thanks guys.

Primal you were a great host and thanks for the FR books dude! I like your dicetower a lot. Never a dull moment with you and Jeanie.

DemoDoug, Sorry about the Thorgrim thing. It seems like people always forget to place him on someone when he dies! I guess they are too shaken up from the loss? It was good being your teammate in the end, you are very strategic.

Jeanie you were really nice and good at rolling. Are you on the forums? And you're welcome for reminding you about the zettians during drafting
:wink:

Noodles man, way to kill my 10 defense vipers with your omnicrons...that was really cool. Maybe we can meet at your place in GSO next time...it would be 15 minutes less driving for me and AmishBurrito.

I hope to do it again sometime!

LilNewbie
August 20th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the site, JotaTay!

Newb.

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Let's not forget that by summoning Morsbane to that cliff, I got a much needed defense bonus - too bad Q9 didn't care and I had to get the hell out of there.

We can definitely play at my place if you guys want but I may only be saving you guys 5 minutes. When you get off the interstate, you got about 10 minutes before you're at my place. I think it's about the same if you decide to go to Primal's place.

But bring it...I'd love to host one eventually.

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
JT - you played great man. Look forward to seeing all you guys again.

primal
August 20th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Killer!
good to see you JT!
anyway, you are welcome to get books from my little library anytime!
as far as hosting, you guys are welcome to come and make yourselves at home whenever. our group plays on wednesday from 6 until 8, and saturday from 11:30 until 5.
if you Raliegh 'Scapers get up this way, there ain't nothing gonna stop ya'll from getting into the games. and Noodles, you have a permanent place among our silly-nonsensicals.
like I said, Demo and I had dinner afterwards and all we talked about was the game. Cindi told us to talk about something else, but We couldn't.
We have definetly got to hook all of this up again as soon as possible!

oh yeah, NCScapefest took another huge step towards becoming real based on the fact that we all got together, made scaper-friends and found out that scapers all over are all the same: the kids who were really the most popular ones in high school, right?

reapersaurus
August 20th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Oh yeah, I totally have a new respect for the blastitrons / gladitron combo. That team was ridonkulous.More info! More info!

Yeah, I agree it's GREAT to see another region of HSers get-together. There's something about people getting together for the enjoyment of this game that just really brings out the fun and a balance between competetion and light-hearted.

And noodles! You got a HS Gameday in! Man, that's awesome - I knew you'd like getting to one. :thumbsup:

Good days, when the Northwest AND East Coast have GameDays and get a regional comraderie of players going. GREAT to see it in the game!

EyeOfSauron
August 20th, 2006, 06:34 PM
if you Raliegh 'Scapers get up this way, there ain't nothing gonna stop ya'll from getting into the games. and Noodles, you have a permanent place among our silly-nonsensicals.

oh yeah, NCScapefest took another huge step towards becoming real based on the fact that we all got together, made scaper-friends and found out that scapers all over are all the same: the kids who were really the most popular ones in high school, right?

Man, sounds like fun! I am in Apex (just outside Raleigh)...let me know the next time you guys get together and maybe I can join in.

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Man, sounds like fun! I am in Apex (just outside Raleigh)...let me know the next time you guys get together and maybe I can join in.

Yes - this is exactly what I'm talking about!

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Oh yeah, I totally have a new respect for the blastitrons / gladitron combo. That team was ridonkulous.More info! More info!

Basically one of those groups (can't remember) had bonding for all of the other commons so every turn he moved all of his figures. He literally surrounded one of our players entire army and decimated them.

AmishBurrito
August 20th, 2006, 07:02 PM

Well, i had
1x Blastatrons
2x Gladiatrons
1x Krav Maga
1x AE
1x Izumi Samurai

I dropped my AE on the castle wall so no one would come near it, and then ran out into the open with my blastatron/gladiatron combo. I successfully got the blastatrons adjacent to and locked most of Demo Doug's figures. 1xBlast and 1x Gladiatrons took out all 3 DeathStalkers, all 3 Amazon Elves, all 3 Microcorp too, only losing a couple gladiatrons, which were replaced soon by the other squad i had in my starting area.

Then i sent them farther out and took out one of DemoDoug's customs, and started beating on Q9 and Thorgrim. They finally died off then, but got in a few wounds.

AmishBurrito
August 20th, 2006, 07:06 PM

Or you could host something in Apex, or I could easily host it here in Raleigh if Noodles and Primal wanted to make the drive : )

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 07:23 PM
My parents are in Raleigh so I don't mind the drive. I'll make a weekend out of it.

DemoDougie
August 20th, 2006, 07:31 PM
The game was awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed Noodles, Ahmish Burrito, and JT! I cannot wait until they return to our weekly game! They are mad crazy just like Primal and me! Kudos to their superior skill. I rule our weekly games...until today [I'm not worthy!]!

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 07:55 PM
I thought for sure you guys were going to kill me....I really don't play that much and you guys play every week. We probably just got lucky ;)

AmishBurrito
August 20th, 2006, 07:59 PM
It was definately the purple people eater and the flowered dice towers that helped us :lol:

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 08:22 PM
It was definately the purple people eater and the flowered dice towers that helped us :lol:

Absolutely.

primal
August 20th, 2006, 08:50 PM
HA HA HA!
Noodles, you TOTALLY need a flowery dice tower, and Corey, you are all about some purple people eater action! Dougie is right, he normally walks the puppy every time but man. you guys spanked us like a rented mule. Eyeof Sauron, if you live right outside of Raliegh, We have most assuredly got to get together!
let me propose this:
NCScapers once a month, in whatever location?
let me know, We will drive where-the-heck ever to hang out and play Heroscape with you guys. Steven, Dougie, Me, Jeanie, Denny-I have a 6 passenger van and We can go wherever we need to go in comfort and style. man, I haven't said this before, have I?
NCScapefest is going to rock! (whenever we get a plan finalized)
'sniff, sniff' this is my new favorite thread on the forums! 'sniff' I love you guys, Man!
we need more peoples in this photo next time!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/bman_77/NCSkirmish06.jpg
LATER!

AmishBurrito
August 20th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah we do, i'll bring my camera, or better yet i'll just host the thing. So you think we should just rotate hosting and do it once a month? i'm down.

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 09:22 PM
A rotating monthly game works for me....seems the most fair on everybody's car. But still count me in on some of those non-monthly Saturday games in luxurioius Jamestown. ;)

EyeOfSauron
August 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Or you could host something in Apex, or I could easily host it here in Raleigh if Noodles and Primal wanted to make the drive : )

I am cool with that. As I've mentioned before there is a good gaming store (http://www.allfunngames.com/index.html) in Cary with plenty of room for 'scaping.

The only thing is, I would want to attend an event somewhere else first as I have never really hosted a gaming event before and don't know what is expected of the host. I have only ever played with my sons and some of my oldest son's friends (14-15 yr olds) and their requirements are pretty minimal.... :)

noodles
August 20th, 2006, 10:37 PM
We require large amounts of cocaine and jaegermeister.

funrun
August 20th, 2006, 10:41 PM
It's cool to see a new group forming! I moved your thread to the Events because that's what this is. :)

DemoDougie
August 21st, 2006, 12:43 AM
I GOT ONE! I finally got a Sir Hawthorne! Managed to get one on ebay for $10! Yippie skippie!

AmishBurrito
August 21st, 2006, 05:25 AM

I am cool with that. As I've mentioned before there is a good gaming store (http://www.allfunngames.com/index.html) in Cary with plenty of room for 'scaping.

The only thing is, I would want to attend an event somewhere else first as I have never really hosted a gaming event before and don't know what is expected of the host. I have only ever played with my sons and some of my oldest son's friends (14-15 yr olds) and their requirements are pretty minimal.... :)

Just a map to play on and room to play. Chairs are nice, however are optional.

AmishBurrito
August 21st, 2006, 05:25 AM
I GOT ONE! I finally got a Sir Hawthorne! Managed to get one on ebay for $10! Yippie skippie!

omg $10 on ebay, they are selling for $25-$30 how'd u pull that off?

noodles
August 21st, 2006, 09:50 AM

omg $10 on ebay, they are selling for $25-$30 how'd u pull that off?

Good score. *goes to check ebay*

primal
August 21st, 2006, 01:02 PM
ain't that sick?
and here I am almost done with Dougie's dice tower. I should finish it tonight. Corey, I have an unreal design in mind for yours- it should be outstanding. I am totally with the rotating locations for NC scapers. what is it now, 3 weeks until the next one, 1/2 way through each month or something?
keep an eye out for Jeanie here on the forum, she is signing up!
Funrun, thanks for changing us up. this is most definetly an event!

noodles
August 21st, 2006, 01:11 PM
I still haven't decided how I want to decorate my dice tower. Right now, I'm thinking of a heroscape theme, a punk rock theme or a sport's theme.

AmishBurrito
August 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
ain't that sick?
and here I am almost done with Dougie's dice tower. I should finish it tonight. Corey, I have an unreal design in mind for yours- it should be outstanding. I am totally with the rotating locations for NC scapers. what is it now, 3 weeks until the next one, 1/2 way through each month or something?

yeah, let me find out what my class schedule is going to be like and when exams will be etc, and I'll host the next scaping event. Class starts up on weds, so i should find out by this weekend when i can host the next one 8)

noodles
August 21st, 2006, 01:29 PM
ain't that sick?

yeah, let me find out what my class schedule is going to be like and when exams will be etc, and I'll host the next scaping event. Class starts up on weds, so i should find out by this weekend when i can host the next one 8)

Sounds good.

primal
August 21st, 2006, 02:19 PM
Totally.

DemoDougie
August 21st, 2006, 08:09 PM
By the way Amish Burrito...remember when I tried moving my Deathstalker and you reminded me he was Cyberclawed? Well, it just occurred to me they are large creatures therefore they cannot be Cyberclawed by the Gladiatrons. Just thought I would point it out. :twisted:

I really hope we can all get together again REALLY soon!

noodles
August 21st, 2006, 08:15 PM
By the way Amish Burrito...remember when I tried moving my Deathstalker and you reminded me he was Cyberclawed? Well, it just occurred to me they are large creatures therefore they cannot be Cyberclawed by the Gladiatrons. Just thought I would point it out. :twisted:

I really hope we can all get together again REALLY soon!

The first time I play with new figures, I always screw up something. Good catch Demo....although I'm not sure it would've saved you. Those guys were viscious.

DemoDougie
August 21st, 2006, 09:10 PM
Oh there is no doubt it wouldn't have made ANY difference! LOL He had my number! I was reading another post about the Deathstalkers and they can't be cyberclawed and I had a dejavu...I was like, oh yeah, that did happen didn't it.

Plus it was like I was wrong about so many other things I needed a little come-up-ance! :twisted:

noodles
August 21st, 2006, 09:22 PM
Oh there is no doubt it wouldn't have made ANY difference! LOL He had my number! I was reading another post about the Deathstalkers and they can't be cyberclawed and I had a dejavu...I was like, oh yeah, that did happen didn't it.

Plus it was like I was wrong about so many other things I needed a little come-up-ance! :twisted:

You hear that Amish?!!? Demo is on the scoreboard!

DemoDougie
August 21st, 2006, 09:29 PM
Noodles I absolutely LOVE your avatar!! You must tell me how I can make one!

noodles
August 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
Noodles I absolutely LOVE your avatar!! You must tell me how I can make one!

Photoshop's plugin lets you make animated gifs. Malechi is really good at it...he's the one who made mine. He's made about 15 people's avatars on the site. I think I could do it but it would take me forever.

DemoDougie
August 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM
Might it be worth a...Sir Hawthorne? :o

noodles
August 21st, 2006, 10:23 PM
I'll totally make you an animated avatar for a SH or dye trying.

DemoDougie
August 22nd, 2006, 02:22 AM
Noodles...I have made your dream a reality! Don Pardo, tell him what he's won! "Okay Dougie. Noodles, you and a friend will be whisked away for three days and two nights to the gaming event of the year GENCON 2006!"
[APPLAUSE] "You will also receive an exciting parting gift. An exclusive "I survived GENCON 2006 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

Seriously, I am deciding what I would actually like and will be in touch with you in a few days. The figure should be in my hands by the end of the week or beginning of next week. :P

Malechi
August 22nd, 2006, 03:03 AM
Cool, now Noodles can send me a Sir Hawthorne for making his avatar ...

:twisted:

noodles
August 22nd, 2006, 06:45 AM
Cool, now Noodles can send me a Sir Hawthorne for making his avatar ...

:twisted:

Curses.....foiled again.

AmishBurrito
August 22nd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Arg, yeah i remember when i was thinking the deathstalkers were clawed, i thought i took that statement back and you moved them, but not sure, either way 1pt for you demodoug! :D

primal
August 22nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
don't go giving him all of this credit!
my gosh, you will swell his head!
anyways, DemoDougie, your dice tower is finished! holy crap, it is cool. 2 tubes, you can look through the middle, and a nice open tray. easily the envy of the neighborhood. the thing looks like an old-time school house, so we can call it the "school of hard knocks" or "Demo's butt-kick University" or something like that.
I believe that Noodles is next on the dice tower list.........
and then I jump on Amish' projects.

noodles
August 22nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
I believe that Noodles is next on the dice tower list.........

I want the same design as your stealth tower. As for the outside on one side, I want a giant skull and on the other side a giant shield. I can draw these for you if needed. On the front I'd like the 5 general symbols and on the back I'd like the heroscape logo at top and clear underneath it so that I can see the dice falling through since this is the side that will be facing me while we play. Again I can draw all of these for you on there for you.

Pretty sweet huh?

AmishBurrito
August 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
ok i started a new thread for only the monthly scrimmage info, this thread can live on for talking about random stuff : )

new thread here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=63042#70250

primal
August 22nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
these I can do.
I have an entire fresh sheet of blue, I hope you don't mind a blue tower (I always thought that you were a follower of Jandar anyway) I can hand-paint all of the other stuff, no problem. I will get started on that this week, whenever I get a few spare minutes. clear is no problem either.
I would like to use the basic idea of the stealth tower, same shape or whatever but I want to elaborate on it and make something uniquely special for you, cool?

AmishBurrito
August 22nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
You work quick! No rush on mine, but if you happen to have it done by next SHASS that'd be fine with me :wink:

primal
August 22nd, 2006, 11:54 AM
me good like that.
maybe I will have Noodles tower done by this weekend, depends on how much time I have.
hey Noodles, didn't you want some custom hand-painted teleporter single spacers?
I can make those too for you, Amish!

AmishBurrito
August 22nd, 2006, 11:58 AM
I would love some : )
But i need to give you more than some MS figs, i feel bad you painting figs for me, making a dice tower, and offering more when all i got are leftover figs for you to rebase with.

noodles
August 22nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
me good like that.
maybe I will have Noodles tower done by this weekend, depends on how much time I have.
hey Noodles, didn't you want some custom hand-painted teleporter single spacers?
I can make those too for you, Amish!

teleport terrain would be so sweet. Whatever symbols you want to make are cool. The carolina hurricane was a nice touch.

primal
August 22nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
hey, I am the hook-up for hand painted stuff!
hurricanes-water, kind of made sense to me!

primal
August 23rd, 2006, 03:53 PM
crap! we dropped down the page!
help me keep this one up there!
Amish, I am cutting Noodles dice tower right now, I hope to have it together by this weekend. wait until I tell you about your design I have in mind....

DemoDougie
August 24th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Two things:

1. When using the Blastatrons and their bonding with the Gladiatrons, after moving 5 spaces with the Gladiatrons can you attack if they become engaged before taking your turn with the Blastatrons?

2. Noodles, I believe that I would like Optimus Prime. I will supply you a picture of myself when you are ready to begin. I will have Sir Hawthorne possibly by Saturday, but definitely by next week.

AmishBurrito
August 24th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Two things:

1. When using the Blastatrons and their bonding with the Gladiatrons, after moving 5 spaces with the Gladiatrons can you attack if they become engaged before taking your turn with the Blastatrons?

Not sure what you are asking, but...
Can you attack with the gladiatrons? No, only move with them
Can you attack with the Blastatrons? Of course

ultradoug
August 24th, 2006, 08:38 AM
good to see my friend Primal back in acton! Hey Primal. Your Mr. Clean!
Ahaha.
And I'd make fun of everyone else, but that pic was to small :p
next time make big. me make epic. Lazyness prevales rock on Primal!
WATCH OUT FOR THAT KNIFE AHhhhhhhhhh.

Primal has acheved the coveted awards of:

Epic:
(primal became epic on his first post back in the day)
((right click save as))
http://heroscapebin05.tripod.com/theprimal.wmv

POTPU:
(primal also has a POTPU)
((more info here))
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=240&start=0

noodles
August 24th, 2006, 09:44 AM
2. Noodles, I believe that I would like Optimus Prime. I will supply you a picture of myself when you are ready to begin. I will have Sir Hawthorne possibly by Saturday, but definitely by next week.

I'll try. I'm not sure how long it will take me and I don't work nearly as fast as Primal.

primal
August 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I am not that fast, I just work steady and sure when I get started! ask Dougie how long it took me to paint the Keyzoghoul. hw does look AWESOME though!
hey UD! you rule, tell Tae that Carr says "what's up, red honky?"

noodles
August 25th, 2006, 12:47 AM
What is keyzougal?

ultradoug
August 25th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Its this custom I have from primal.
Work fast? Where is my song :D ^_^; :p lol.

primal
August 25th, 2006, 04:23 PM
hey man!
I told you I am working on that. I will get to you, just hang in there! tell Luke and Celeste means Heavenly, along with the new baby that Primal says hello from NC!

noodles
August 26th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Primal - you keep getting decimated when we play.

primal
August 26th, 2006, 08:01 PM
well, you said it. I work fast. apparently I get beaten up fast too.
hey Amish, can a monk jump up into the castle?
Demo and I agreed that he could not, because going up over the wall and the battlement was 13 or 14 spaces high. i totally agree with Demo that it is not a valid move, but I wanted to see what you thought about it. if the battlement wasn't on there I think he could jump that high.

DemoDougie
August 26th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Demo and I agreed that he could not, because going up over the wall and the battlement was 13 or 14 spaces high. i totally agree with Demo that it is not a valid move, but I wanted to see what you thought about it. if the battlement wasn't on there I think he could jump that high.

I agree, without the battlement, you've got it! :P
Go Team Noodles!! :roll:

DemoDougie
August 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
What is keyzougal?

Keyzoghoul is a custom Primal made me that is named after me. It goes back to the day when we played Mutant Chronicles. Primal nicknamed the badass baddie you have to defeat at the end after me (my name is Doug Keyser, but we have a friend Doug Jones, so, we are referred to by our last names - Jones and Keyser or Keyz).

:shock:

DemoDougie
August 26th, 2006, 08:43 PM
For those inquiring mind who want to know...Sir Hawthorne rocks the hissy fa shizzy! His dope bonding with the Knights of Weston is the Nagasaki Bomb!!
A very effective 250 pt. comb0: Knights, Hawthorne, Dead Eye Dan, and Guily McCreach.

Peace Out!

noodles
August 26th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I have to say that I enjoyed using Concan for the first time. I think an all kyrie army could be very tough to beat.

But I still think the Soulborg army is the one to beat...they are becoming unstoppable.

DemoDougie
August 26th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I have to say that I enjoyed using Concan for the first time. I think an all kyrie army could be very tough to beat.

But I still think the Soulborg army is the one to beat...they are becoming unstoppable.

Funny, the Keyzoghoul is a Kyrie Killer! He gets a +1 vs Kyrie. :? But seriously, I agree they could be formidable. And yes, the Soulborgs are viscious.

AmishBurrito
August 27th, 2006, 01:34 AM

Well, The battlements look to me to only be 2 levels high, which would make the wall (including battlements) 12 levels. It also depends on if there is any elevation nearby the monk can start from to leap up. I would say if it is a single level castle wall, than they would be able to leap up to it if the battlements are only 2 levels high (which i'll have to double check).

Personally, i think the monks should be able to, since there arent many units that can get past the castle wall, the more that can the better. But i'd def play by the official rules, so if the battlements are 2 units tall, yes they can, any more than that and no they cannot without jumping from an elevated space outside the castle. :D

Hendal
August 27th, 2006, 09:07 AM
what a great thread, glad to read all aobut your get together, makes me sad I have no castle, but hey being in Costa Rica you learn that there is never anything new for heroscape in the stores!
Great to see groups forming around the country!

AmishBurrito
August 27th, 2006, 10:39 AM
what a great thread, glad to read all aobut your get together, makes me sad I have no castle, but hey being in Costa Rica you learn that there is never anything new for heroscape in the stores!
Great to see groups forming around the country!

thanks for the encouragement, and FYI everyone, i found a single castle set at a walmart this weekend in durham!

DemoDougie
August 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Well, The battlements look to me to only be 2 levels high, which would make the wall (including battlements) 12 levels. It also depends on if there is any elevation nearby the monk can start from to leap up. I would say if it is a single level castle wall, than they would be able to leap up to it if the battlements are only 2 levels high (which i'll have to double check).

Personally, i think the monks should be able to, since there arent many units that can get past the castle wall, the more that can the better. But i'd def play by the official rules, so if the battlements are 2 units tall, yes they can, any more than that and no they cannot without jumping from an elevated space outside the castle. :D

If I'm not mistaken, it takes 3 levels to traverse the outside of a battlement. That would make a single wall castle with battlement 13 high.

noodles
August 27th, 2006, 02:07 PM

If I'm not mistaken, it takes 3 levels to traverse the outside of a battlement. That would make a single wall castle with battlement 13 high.

It takes 3 if the battlements are being used on land terrain (ie: the bridge walls). It's only 2 going from the inside out. So I think it is 12. BOOYAH!

DemoDougie
August 27th, 2006, 02:10 PM

But you just said going from "the inside out," he's going from the outside in. So it's 13! Take that! LOL

It takes 3 if the battlements are being used on land terrain (ie: the bridge walls). It's only 2 going from the inside out. So I think it is 12. BOOYAH!

He's going from the outside in. So it's 13! Take that! LOL :o

AmishBurrito
August 27th, 2006, 02:40 PM
one thing i've always wondered, is do the monks take one big 3 space leap? or do they take 3 single space leaps!? That woudl matter if there was an elevated space 2 spaces from the castle wall, then they could leap up from there, but if 3 single leaps then they could not?

DemoDougie
August 27th, 2006, 02:43 PM
one thing i've always wondered, is do the monks take one big 3 space leap? or do they take 3 single space leaps!? That woudl matter if there was an elevated space 2 spaces from the castle wall, then they could leap up from there, but if 3 single leaps then they could not?

Good point!

AmishBurrito
August 27th, 2006, 03:02 PM

Good point!

Ok, after looking over another thread on this site, the monks leap is 1 leap, so they move 3 spaces in one leap and up to 12 spaces high. If there is elevation within 3 spaces of the castle wall, they could leap from there on top of the wall. (and since it is a single leap, they would not be able to leap up to one level of the wall, then to the next level on one turn)

primal
August 27th, 2006, 03:05 PM
ah yeah, what whatie what?
ya'll better recognize!
from now on I am about to build a 3 level near the castle, not for me but just so we have some freaking options. Noodles, Demo, Jeanie, Jeff and Bushido hammered us yesterday so I ain't gettin' punk'd again.
step.

DemoDougie
August 27th, 2006, 03:08 PM
ah yeah, what whatie what?
ya'll better recognize!
from now on I am about to build a 3 level near the castle, not for me but just so we have some freaking options. Noodles, Demo, Jeanie, Jeff and Bushido hammered us yesterday so I ain't gettin' punk'd again.
step.

Good luck with all that! :joke:

primal
August 27th, 2006, 03:11 PM
if ya'll keep hooking me up with some weak-self team mates than I will just change my name to "the humiliated human punching-bag"
chumpstains!

DemoDougie
August 27th, 2006, 03:12 PM
if ya'll keep hooking me up with some weak-self team mates than I will just change my name to "the humiliated human punching-bag"
chumpstains!

Should have rolled higher?! :deadhorse:

AmishBurrito
August 27th, 2006, 04:12 PM

After examining my terrain and rulebook, it seems that you count to the wide not as tall part of the battlement when moving over it. One level castle wall with battlement creates a 13 high barrier, hence the monks will not be allowed to leap up to it from flat ground. As said previously, if there is double tall wall next to a single tall wall, (20 level next to a 10 level) the monk will not be able to leap to the 10 level then to the 20 level, since it is one single leap.

On a side note, for NC SHASS September 2006, i'll definately make random armies and we'll see what we can do (official units only).

DemoDougie
August 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM

After examining my terrain and rulebook, it seems that you count to the wide not as tall part of the battlement when moving over it. One level castle wall with battlement creates a 13 high barrier, hence the monks will not be allowed to leap up to it from flat ground. As said previously, if there is double tall wall next to a single tall wall, (20 level next to a 10 level) the monk will not be able to leap to the 10 level then to the 20 level, since it is one single leap.

On a side note, for NC SHASS September 2006, i'll definately make random armies and we'll see what we can do (official units only).

Yeah, the 13 high barrier was my argument for yesterday. If moving outside of the battlement and over it would be one less at 12, as it's one less to move from inside out as outside in. Thanks for giving us an outside perspective! :D

AmishBurrito
August 27th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Yeah, the 13 high barrier was my argument for yesterday. If moving outside of the battlement and over it would be one less at 12, as it's one less to move from inside out as outside in. Thanks for giving us an outside perspective! :D

If i'm understanding your words, you say that you could jump over the wall from inside the castle? I believe this to be incorrect. If you start from flat ground, the top of the battlement is still 13, so the monks would not be able to leap over the wall. They would, however, be able to leap on top of the wall from the inside. The "one less height" thing as shown on page 3 of the castle rule book, you have to realize that the terrain on either side of the battlements are different elevations. Which is why it only takes 2 to move over it from inside (because inside is 1 higher than outside). Please let me know if i was interpreting you wrong :D

DemoDougie
August 27th, 2006, 04:27 PM

If i'm understanding your words, you say that you could jump over the wall from inside the castle? I believe this to be incorrect. If you start from flat ground, the top of the battlement is still 13, so the monks would not be able to leap over the wall. They would, however, be able to leap on top of the wall from the inside. The "one less height" thing as shown on page 3 of the castle rule book, you have to realize that the terrain on either side of the battlements are different elevations. Which is why it only takes 2 to move over it from inside (because inside is 1 higher than outside). Please let me know if i was interpreting you wrong :D

Yes you are, totally. You're supporting my argument to Primal that he could not jump up the one-level high castle wall as he lacks one more movement to reach it. I was also saying that to jump from the outside of the castle wall it is 13 levels high. To jump out it is 12, per the leaping battlement rule when traversing from inside out.

noodles
August 28th, 2006, 12:53 PM
chumpstains!

It may not be your teammates playa...it could be you sucka!

Seriously, next game Primal and I verse everybody! Primal - we'll get to the bottom of this.

primal
August 28th, 2006, 04:02 PM
a lot of the time I draft pretty decently but this past saturday I didn't do so well.
no doubt- lame duck teammates.
duck- AFLACK!
ha ha ha!

noodles
August 28th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Blaming it on the kids?! That's low even for you Primal. It's not our fault you guys had all that snow and castle walls to contend with and nobody picked somebody who could fly over it.....Just imagine if you had Charos on your side.

primal
August 28th, 2006, 05:05 PM
yeah yeah yeah.
kick a brutha while he's down.
i see how you operate.
HA HA Ha

noodles
August 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Don't worry next time you'll be on my team and you'll get to taste sweet victory once again.

AmishBurrito
August 28th, 2006, 05:47 PM
i hope you guys dont get too friendly, NC SHASS September at my place will have random teams and random armies :D

DemoDougie
August 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
i hope you guys dont get too friendly, NC SHASS September at my place will have random teams and random armies :D

I hear that! This will be Primal AND Noodles: :explode:

AmishBurrito
August 28th, 2006, 08:19 PM

yeah, maybe demodoug and i will tag team you guys :D

DemoDougie
August 28th, 2006, 08:27 PM

yeah, maybe demodoug and i will tag team you guys :D

In a NY Minute! :johnwoo2:

primal
August 29th, 2006, 09:56 AM
look, if you scared, SAY you scared.
ya'll can't handle the Prime-Noodles we are going to serve up in a bowl full of whoopin'.

noodles
August 29th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I can classify your playing styles as a healthy portion of whoopin sauteed in loser sauce. lol.

Primal and I are morphing into Proodles! We shall prevail!

primal
August 29th, 2006, 03:14 PM
yeah, thats right, Proodles.
we are a double-mean big dog, part poodle and part st. Bernard.
graceful and nice but big and slobbery. (I am the slobbery part)
hey Noodles, why don't you come to the game wednesday night and pick up your nice new dice tower?

noodles
August 29th, 2006, 03:17 PM
hey Noodles, why don't you come to the game wednesday night and pick up your nice new dice tower?

Can't because on Wednesdays I'm at the gym getting huge.

AmishBurrito
August 29th, 2006, 04:26 PM

why work out when you have a perfectly good transformer suit?

noodles
August 29th, 2006, 04:28 PM

So true if I had the rest of the transformer body to go with the head but I don't so I guess I'll just have to settle for 24 inch pythons brother!

AmishBurrito
August 29th, 2006, 04:34 PM

So true if I had the rest of the transformer body to go with the head but I don't so I guess I'll just have to settle for 24 inch pythons brother!

:lol: lawl, i cant wait until the next SHASS!

DemoDougie
August 29th, 2006, 04:46 PM

Translation: We are terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought just contemplating going up against...are you ready for this...are you ready for this...DemoBurrito! The only drooling you'll be doing is salivating over the superior gameplay coming from the other side of the table!

:grrrr:

AmishBurrito
August 29th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Translation: We are terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought just contemplating going up against...are you ready for this...are you ready for this...DemoBurrito! The only drooling you'll be doing is salivating over the superior gameplay coming from the other side of the table!

:grrrr:

BURNT! :craig:

primal
August 29th, 2006, 09:05 PM
yeah yeah yeah. I got your DemoBurrito, how about a nice stick of freaking dynamite wrapped up in a tortilla?
talk about BURNT!
and Amish, you ain't helping the matter, homie!
agreeing with Demo? man alive, next thing I know you will be saying that Chuck Amato is a good coach!
HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!
BAM BABY!

AmishBurrito
August 29th, 2006, 09:40 PM
yeah yeah yeah. I got your DemoBurrito, how about a nice stick of freaking dynamite wrapped up in a tortilla?
talk about BURNT!
agreeing with Demo? man alive, next thing I know you will be saying that Chuck Amato is a good coach!
BAM BABY!

:rofl:

lol! i'm just trying to fuel the fire :D

Celtic_Ghost
August 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Ahh. Man I feel left out.

Here I am in Wallace NC. about 3 to 3.5 hours away. I would have came up for that.
:cry: :cry:

:)

AmishBurrito
August 30th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Ahh. Man I feel left out.

Here I am in Wallace NC. about 3 to 3.5 hours away. I would have came up for that.
:cry: :cry:

:)

Come to NC SHASS on the 16th at my place, i'll give yah directions if u want
11:30 til ? (at least 5)

Celtic_Ghost
August 30th, 2006, 03:43 PM
What is SHASS?

And pm directions. If I can go I will :)

CG

AmishBurrito
August 30th, 2006, 03:46 PM
check here Celtic http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2040&highlight=shass

DemoDougie
August 30th, 2006, 04:35 PM
talk about BURNT!
BAM BABY!

I guess the eye of your mind TRULY makes a movie!?!?!

:word:

noodles
August 30th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I can't wait for this thing - it's going to be sweet.

DemoDougie
August 30th, 2006, 10:37 PM

The Bomb!! Just hope it doesn't drop on me!

DemoDougie
August 30th, 2006, 11:50 PM

By the way Noodles, that Jesus figure Primal made IS over-priced! :headbang:

noodles
August 30th, 2006, 11:53 PM

Figures....he has a resurection special.

DemoDougie
August 30th, 2006, 11:58 PM

Figures....he has a resurection special.

Don't forget his negative power, like Sir Hawthorne, "Cross Bearer!" I's HIS lot in life, lol!

primal
August 31st, 2006, 11:21 AM
easy there, hoss.
let's talk about something cooler than that....
SEPTEMBER 16th!

AmishBurrito
August 31st, 2006, 01:24 PM
easy there, hoss.
let's talk about something cooler than that....
SEPTEMBER 16th!

i cant wait, i've been planning like crazy, to the point where i may be annoying JT lol :D

primal
August 31st, 2006, 01:48 PM
don't make JT mad, he looks like he was voted "Most Likely to become an Axe-Murderer" in his yearbook.
just kidding........ulp!

ultradoug
August 31st, 2006, 01:52 PM
man primal your making me upset! I want to be there :p ok you know how to act like me ! :D

primal
August 31st, 2006, 02:13 PM
aw...just come ahead on, Doug!
you can crash over here, or crash with Demo maybe. heck, just fly into raliegh, stay for the day and jet back out!
You know you want to, I will pay the 5 bucks for you to hang out! besides, this is only our 2nd monthly gathering, when we get the big tournament going there is no freaking way you will be able to miss that!

AmishBurrito
August 31st, 2006, 02:15 PM
This is gonna be big! come this time doug! looking for 16 total and 4 maps total, 4 games per person, check the first page of NC SHASS, the details are up.

primal
August 31st, 2006, 02:18 PM
ha ha, I am beginning to think that our monthly NC meet is going to go out of control!
I wouldn't hesitate to say that the big tournament that you and I are planning is probably going to be a big Mid-Atlantic or Southeast thing now!
hey Doug, why don't you and Luke just come up on saturday, stay over and fly out on sunday?

AmishBurrito
August 31st, 2006, 02:22 PM
wewt! whose luke?

primal
August 31st, 2006, 02:24 PM
er.... Luke is UltraDoug's son!
he is cool, he loves Heroscape!

AmishBurrito
August 31st, 2006, 02:25 PM
Sounds cool to me, at least until we hit 16 players then we may be at max capacity, so if you wanna join, join quick!

noodles
August 31st, 2006, 02:29 PM
Wow - this thing is going to be awesome!

primal
August 31st, 2006, 02:31 PM
I don't know if Luke would really play, he is young. but he does love heroscape!

AmishBurrito
August 31st, 2006, 02:42 PM
I don't know if Luke would really play, he is young. but he does love heroscape!

well, even if he doesnt play, he could help/cheer his dad on :D

DemoDougie
August 31st, 2006, 11:05 PM
aw...just come ahead on, Doug!
you can crash over here, or crash with Demo maybe. heck, just fly into raliegh, stay for the day and jet back out!
You know you want to, I will pay the 5 bucks for you to hang out! besides, this is only our 2nd monthly gathering, when we get the big tournament going there is no freaking way you will be able to miss that!

Doug, er...this is Doug...you need to come...to the tournament I mean! :hump:

And you're more than welcome to stay with me! My wife is out of town for the month, but even so, you'd still be welcome!

primal
September 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM
see, UD?
all you got to do is fly into Greensboro, or Piedmont Triad International Airport on the 15th or 16th, we scoop you up and hang out, We go down to the games, and then we carry you back to the PTI when you fly out!
you can't beat that!
besides, having a LEGEND like you would give us mad credibility!

AmishBurrito
September 1st, 2006, 05:29 PM
Or just fly into RDU

DemoDougie
September 2nd, 2006, 12:00 AM
Yup, what he said!

noodles
September 2nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
I would love to see if UD can actually play this game.

primal
September 2nd, 2006, 10:07 AM
check the map we fooled around with last week......
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/bman_77/Picture001.jpg

see Demo's sweet new double tube turbo dice tower in the back? it hasn't been decorated but it rocks. rolls good too!
I am going to get photos of today's map too, and I will throw them up here later! (sept. 2)

noodles
September 2nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
Another great game of scaping guys!

DemoDougie
September 2nd, 2006, 07:50 PM
Another great game of scaping guys!

It was definitely an awesome day of Scape!!

:banana:

noodles
September 3rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
I would like to have seen what my 24 Marro Drone army could've done in the open field. It was wasted on that bridge!

DemoDougie
September 3rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
I would like to have seen what my 24 Marro Drone army could've done in the open field. It was wasted on that bridge!

Yep, you see what happens when you cluster your army together in such tight formations, the Airborne Elite swoops down and grenades you in a nice little meat pile!

:brickwall:

noodles
September 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM

Yep, you see what happens when you cluster your army together in such tight formations, the Airborne Elite swoops down and grenades you in a nice little meat pile!

I'm building an arena map for an all out bloody battle for next session. No more bottlenecks....just one giant field with some cover, a little bit of height here and there, an obstacle or two strategically placed. We will see a giant battle.

DemoDougie
September 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM

I'm building an arena map for an all out bloody battle for next session. No more bottlenecks....just one giant field with some cover, a little bit of height here and there, an obstacle or two strategically placed. We will see a giant battle.

COOL!

primal
September 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
hey, look at this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/bman_77/Picture009.jpg

there is Peter's Microcrop agent leaning out over the battlement in a vain attempt to get LOS on one of my guys.
silly.
I don't know what is going on with Krys' camera-phone, but I can e-mail all of the photos to my account and I only get 1!
strange.
oh yeah, like you guys said that was an excellent day of Heroscape and I could deal with that each and every week!
4 on 4 is a lot, but we had a good flow and some good rolling.
at the very end, I swear that I had a flash of fear when Peter's Sir Hawthorne switched over to Demo's team and it was 2 on 2 again.
Hawthorne didn't last long thankfully and Krys went in to get the final victory.
you guys may not realize this, but that is the first game that Krystal has won. I know it was a team game, but for her to actually win was big for her!
that massive battle at the end was great too. just seeing Noodles' 24 drones was crazy.
I hate that we didn't get to finish that one.
anyway, this is Primal, your roving reporter wishing you guys a nice Labor day holiday!

noodles
September 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Krystal was on fire. What did she get.....3 20's?

primal
September 4th, 2006, 05:28 PM
yeah,
I think she did! Peter shook her tower after she rolled the 20 for a joke, and darned if she didn't get a 19 on that one!
freaking Me-Burq-Sa also got 3 paralyzing stares that day. who had him, Tyson, I think?
good dice!

noodles
September 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I will build my map in landscape for next session then throw it into solidscape and email pics to everybody playing so you will have an idea of what you might want to draft before hand.

Update on my stash - still no castles and half of wave 5

primal
September 4th, 2006, 09:03 PM
hey bro,
tell me what to keep my eyes open for. I try to make sure that I pick things up for people in our game group if they need them, so tell me what you need!
I go right by wally-world and target on the way back to the house, and it isn't far out of my way to hit some of the other stores if you need me to!

noodles
September 4th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I need 1 warriors and soulborgs, 3 soulborgs, 2 ninjas and samurai, 2 castles

AmishBurrito
September 5th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I need at least 1 more tundra set : (

I've seen a few ninja's and samurai in the targets in raleigh

primal
September 5th, 2006, 04:47 PM
rgr that. I will keep my eyes open, all 3 of them.
er...you don't see the one in the middle of my forehead? thats right, my hair covers it up.

AmishBurrito
September 6th, 2006, 07:20 AM
rgr that. I will keep my eyes open, all 3 of them.
er...you don't see the one in the middle of my forehead? thats right, my hair covers it up.

lol

primal
September 8th, 2006, 08:58 PM
no freaking way! our skirmish page done fell on to page 2! that ain't happening!

primal
September 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM
hey Amish!
Krystal wants to know if there are any 45 year old scapers that might ask her out for a date after the game!
she prefers them big and ugly like KRUG!

AmishBurrito
September 9th, 2006, 05:49 PM
hey Amish!
Krystal wants to know if there are any 45 year old scapers that might ask her out for a date after the game!

Well, most of the people here will be around 21ish, since we're all college seniors/juniors, but who knows :D

noodles
September 10th, 2006, 02:13 AM
I loved college......it wasn't that long ago.....we should have a kegger for the tourney! ;)

primal
September 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
my gracious.
any excuse for Noodles to drink beer is acceptable.
hey Parrot Head, are you down with Noodles getting all-liqoured up?

ultradoug
September 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM
hey Amish!

sorry, young, cute and my heart is belong to someone else.

primal
September 13th, 2006, 04:14 PM
argh! everyone knows your heart belongs to some Sailor Moon chick in green or something like that!
(just kidding, Kitty Bear!)

DemoDougie
September 15th, 2006, 05:16 PM
hey Amish!

sorry, young, cute and my heart is belong to someone else.

OMG!! She needs to be spaid AND neutered!!

noodles
September 20th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I told Primal about my idea for our next game yesterday and he agreed it was good so I guess I'll post it for you guys.

I'm going to build a circular-ish board comprised of 95% snow, ice and glaciers. The only part that will be non-snow related will be the outside ring which will be starting zones. The board will eventually get taller towards the center.

We will divide into 2 teams. 1 team will start on the outside ring and can draft anybody they want up to whatever point value we pick. Team 2 will control 27 of the abonimal snow guys (Duntang?).

Team 1 (our heroes) will have to go uphill through this harsh terrain and accomplish 1 of 2 things. They will either have to reach the center of the board and control a certain hex for 1 round or they will have to retrieve a glyph and return it back to the outside ring. Of course if all of Team 2 is destroyed, that would constitute as a win as well.

Team 2 (the baddies) will have 1 goal. Prevent Team 1 from winning by killing them all.

We'll play this scenario twice and we will reverse teams in game 2 so that all players can play both sides. This should give us a great feel for how good snow units are on natural terrain and how much of a disadvantage regular units are when they are not in their natural environment.

Can't wait guys! I'm already working on the map and I'll try and playtest it to make sure it works. Our next game is Saturday 30th. See you guys there G-Crew!

I've got a friend who after hearing about the map wants to play. Let's cap this game at 6-8 people. Primal - can you cap your group at 6?

DemoDougie
September 23rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Interesting! Worth the old college try!