PDA

View Full Version : NM24 - Process

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

UranusPChicago
June 18th, 2008, 09:16 AM
(Moderator's Note): All results of our efforts can be seen here: The Halls of Justice (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23621)

Since the work has already been done for me, I thought a simple cut and paste would suffice... :lol:

Let's get this thing rolling.

The 24-Hour Customs Thread
Where your customs are critiqued to perfection in only 24-Hours.

Our Mission:
- To create a workable directory of customs that are ready to be used by any group or player.
- To have a set of quality guaranteed, balanced customs with no errors and are as official as possible.

The Process:
The NM24 process focuses on speed and excellence in its critique. In this regard we do not worry about the exact point value of the custom being 100% accurate, but rather that it is playable and within 5-10 points which more, time-consuming play-testing will dictate. Our goal is to quickly and effectively critique and correct any errors on a chosen card. This process DOES NOT include adding new abilities or large scale changes to the Army Card. The process DOES, however, include smaller changes including, but not limited to: rewordings, graphic changes, changes in points, stats changes of 1 or 2, left box details, etc.

Unfortunately, if many creators start suggesting large scale changes because the card is not thematically accurate, too overpowered, too unbalanced, etc. then the nomination must be withdrawn because of too man flaws.

This is a reviewing process for previously critiqued works, not rough drafts.

The process for a specific card is over when three individual members give a "thumbs up to the card. A thumbs up may be given by these smileys: :up: , :thumbsup: OR the words "Thumbs up!", "Good to go," etc.

Once a card is NM24'd, a new card must be nominated. The process to nominate a card is described below in bold.

To the Creator:
Once your card has been nominated and you agree to the process, you must be able to make a small commitment to update the card regularly throughout the 1-4 day process. This is to ensure that the process moves along smoothly without huge delays.

After your process has been completed, please post a new card to undergo the process. If the creator of the new card DOES NOT post within 24 Hours saying it is OK for his/her card to go through the process, PLEASE post another card from a different creator. Try to use people's cards who are active at the time.

Before a creator posts to say it is OK, others are still permitted to give their opinions on the card and thumbs if appropriate, just know that the custom may still be withdrawn.

The Rules and Timeframe:
1. You cannot nominate your own card.
2. The creator has 1 day to OK his/her custom for review once it has been posted for nomination.
3. After the creator has OK'd it, the process must be completed in 5 days. If there is not 3 thumbs up in 5 days, another card is nominated by anyone and we move on.
4. If the process completes in under 5 days, immediately start the next process.

Closing Notes:
- Remember that even though you may love a card, the creator may not have the time to go through the process and its nomination may be withdrawn. You CAN nominate a card again, but try to wait for the creator to be more active.
- If your entry is withdrawn for any reason please don't get mad or blame someone. Sometimes things just happen. If you stay active for sure you will get another chance.
- When posting a card for review try to copy the format found HERE (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=753126#post753126) for consistency and accuracy.
- Good luck to all creators!!

The NM24 Stamps are HERE. (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10735)

Alphabetical List of NM24 Customs:
Angel by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 3 votes (UPC, Crispy, Whitestuff)
Azrael by Whitestuff - Passed 3 votes (GreyOwl, UPC, Hi1hi1hi1hi1)
Batman by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, UPC, Sherman Davies)
Black Bolt by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 3 votes (IAmBatman, GreyOwl, Whitestuff)
Cable by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, UPC)
Clayface by Whitestuff - Passed 3 votes (GreyOwl, UPC, Hi1hi1hi1hi1)
Deadpool by GreyOwl - Passed 4 votes (Bloodraven, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, IAmBatman, UPC)
Easy Company Grunts by UranusPChicago - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, GreyOwl, Hi1hi1hi1hi1)
Eric Draven - The Crow by Bloodraven - Passed 3 votes (GreyOwl, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, IAmBatman)
Hand Ninjas by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 5 votes (UPC, Sherman Davies, Markb97402, GreyOwl, Drewman-chu)
Hawyeye by Greyowl - Passed 3 votes (Hi1hi1hi1hi1, UPC, Jonathan)
Juggernaut by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 4 votes (Greyowl, UPC, Whitestuff, Bloodraven)
Katana by Whitestuff - Passed 3 votes (Jonathan, UPC, Bloodraven)
Mockingbird by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (BloodRaven, Whitestuff, UPC)
Ragman by Whitestuff - Passed 4 votes (UPC,Jonathan,Hi1hi1hi1hi1,GreyOwl)
Scarecrow by Sherman Davies - Passed 5 votes (UPC, GreyOwl, Whitestuff, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, Markb97402)
Sgt. Rock by UranusPChicago - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, GreyOwl, BloodRaven)
Swamp Thing by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (Markb97402, Garada, Matt Helm)
Union Jack by Garada - Passed 5 votes (Hi1hi1hi1hi1, Matt Helm, Markb97402, Sherman Davies, GreyOwl)

Voting History
Boom-Boom by Jonathan - withdrawn
Beetle by AllSkulls - withdrawn

Currently in Process
Henchmen by Markb97402 (Whitestuff)

UranusPChicago
June 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Our first nomination...

Hawkeye by GreyOwl

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/HAWKEYE.jpg

This was posted June 18, 2008 at 08:15 CST.
Process ends: Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 08:15 CST

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 18th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Alright here we go...

Hawkeye
... is great! Range 9 with two attacks of four seems perfect to me. He's a better Syvarris and that is what he is in the comics. Adventurer and Rebellious fit well due to his shadier past.

I think Smoke Arrow should be Smoke Arrow 13 and I'm assuming you copied the Smoke Powder text, because it seems perfect.

One other thing, not that's it's bad how it is, but I think it'd be really cool if Hawkeye could shoot his smoke arrows to protect his friends that might not be adjacent. I realize the cards intent is slightly different, but it was just something that popped into my head when I saw it.

I think Hawkeye has earned my :up: without any change.

UranusPChicago
June 18th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hawkeye

I agree with hi1hi1hi1hi1 about the Smoke Arrow 13 ability name change.

The only other change I would make is OCD to the extreme, but I would center the Marvel graphic and the Hawkeye name at the top of the card.

With those 2 changes... :up:

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM
If we're talking OCD here, you could make the hit zone picture a tad bit smaller. :)

UranusPChicago
June 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I am really hoping that we get at least one more critique for this today. It would be nice to see this process actually work.

GreyOwl
June 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hawkeye is updated with all the suggestions above. I'm not sure if that invalidates the already received "thumb-ups" or not.,,

ZBeeblebrox
June 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I like it great job Grey Owl, Hi4 and UPC!

Jonathan
June 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I think this is a well-balanced piece that I just printed out for myself (as I finally got a Hawkeye mini).

I might like to see another version of Hawkeye, akin to Whitestuff's Judge Dredd, to show off all of Hawkeye's trick arrows, but this version is highly playable and probably a lot more fun for everyone involved due to his streamlined "beat-your-face" approach.

:thumbsup:

GreyOwl
June 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I thought about all his trick arrows, but I decided not to do that just because I did that with my Green Arrow. Essentially, they're the same character as far as abilities and equipment, but I was trying to differentiate my two versions of the characters from each other.

That being said, I would love to see someone else do a version of Hawkeye with all the trick arrows, especially if they came up with different ones than what I used for Green Arrow.

UranusPChicago
June 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I think Hawkeye has earned my :up: without any change.

...With those 2 changes... :up:

I think this is a well-balanced piece that I just printed out for myself (as I finally got a Hawkeye mini).:thumbsup:

SCORE!!!! We have our first completed NM24 process.

GreyOwl, congratulations!

Post your nomination to continue the process.

GreyOwl
June 19th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Are we discussing cost at all in this process? I know we're not doing the playtesting for cost, which is what slows everything to a halt. Nobody mentioned anything about Hawkeye's cost, so I'm not sure if that means it was good or if nobody looked at it. :)

Is someone going to make a logo or something that we can place on "NM24'd" cards?

Up next, I nominated hi's Juggernaut. I've already PM'd him.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/hi1hi1hi1hi1/Marvel%20Creations/Mutant%20Mayhem/Juggernaut.jpg

UranusPChicago
June 19th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Are we discussing cost at all in this process? I know we're not doing the playtesting for cost, which is what slows everything to a halt. Nobody mentioned anything about Hawkeye's cost, so I'm not sure if that means it was good or if nobody looked at it. :)

Is someone going to make a logo or something that we can place on "NM24'd" cards?

I believe the Point Value should absolutely be discussed if someone thinks it is out of whack. However, like you said, there is only going to be limited if any playtesting involved with this process. I think more than anything, we are looking for "playable" point values. We will leave the fine tuning of the points to the TNTs.

I was hoping one of the more creative types could come up with some kind of logo for both the card and the A-Z listing.

I am just getting a red X for the Juggernaut card. Is anyone else having problems seeing it?

EDIT: It appears that Photobucket was hacked. Not sure if that is where this particular card was hosted.

Jonathan
June 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
For me to "thumbs up", the points have to seem balanced. I can't approve Hi's Juggernaut at this time because I feel like I need to test him out some to see if the points are legit.

GreyOwl
June 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
The Juggernaut pic loads fine for me. It is on photobucket, but I can see it. Here's the URL in case that helps: http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/hi1hi1hi1hi1/Marvel%20Creations/Mutant%20Mayhem/Juggernaut.jpg

My comments on Juggernaut:

Unstoppable Force
I think it would work better if he had to move at least 3 spaces instead of 2 to use this, because it would better simulate him running head-on into someone. But I won't keep my approval over this.

Mystic Helmet
I think the ability is fine, but that it should be worded differently. How about:
"Control of Juggernaut can never change players, regardless of any special ability or glyph. Order Markers may never be removed from Juggernaut's card, regardless of any special ability or glyph."

Indestructible
I would change "...would destroy..." to "...could destroy...".

His stats seem about right for the character, though the combination of 7 Life, 7 Defense, and Indestructible may be a bit much for his current cost. As he is, I would guess he should be in the 380-390 range, off the top of my head.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/hi1hi1hi1hi1/Marvel%20Creations/Mutant%20Mayhem/Juggernaut.jpg
Here's the Juggernaut on this page. I can see it just fine.

UranusPChicago
June 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I guess I won't be much help here at work. I still see a red X and even GreyOwl's link doesn't work for me. Sorry guys. I will be able to critique later this evening.

EDIT: Scratch that, suddenly GreyOwl's link is working for me. Critique to follow...

UranusPChicago
June 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Juggernaut

Unstoppable Force - The verbage might also need to include what happens when walking on/over terrain specific tiles (water, snow, etc.). I also agree with GreyOwl that it should require 3 or more spaces. My logic is that it would be impossible to not walk in a straight line over 2 hexes.

Brute Force 2 - This might be a little too "rules lawyerish", but some might read the power to only be concerned with non-friendly adjacencies.

Mystic Helmet - I like GreyOwl's verbage better.

Indestructible - "Juggernaut never rolls for molten lava damage" seems tacked on. It should at the very least be another ability. What if another terrain type is introduced to Heroscape (quicksand, negative zone, whatever) that determines its damage via an attack die roll?

I am with Jonathan in that I will need a quick game or two this evening to better gauge his point value.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Juggernaut

Unstoppable Force - The verbage might also need to include what happens when walking on/over terrain specific tiles (water, snow, etc.). I also agree with GreyOwl that it should require 3 or more spaces. My logic is that it would be impossible to not walk in a straight line over 2 hexes.My logic is he's not supposed to be slowed down by those things, so as long as he can still move 3 spaces in a straight line he can use Unstoppable Force.

Yeah,I changed it to three. :oops:

Brute Force 2 - This might be a little too "rules lawyerish", but some might read the power to only be concerned with non-friendly adjacencies.Not sure what you are saying here. It says any figure so only if 1 figure is adjacent can he add 2 dice.

Mystic Helmet - I like GreyOwl's verbage better.Changed.

Indestructible - "Juggernaut never rolls for molten lava damage" seems tacked on. It should at the very least be another ability. What if another terrain type is introduced to Heroscape (quicksand, negative zone, whatever) that determines its damage via an attack die roll?Not sure what I should do here then? I could see dropping the line altogether possibly. I guess even if he is not destroyed by Lava, maybe he sinks in it any therefore is out of play for the rest of the game.

I am with Jonathan in that I will need a quick game or two this evening to better gauge his point value.
Yeah, it does get tricky to figure out points when you start dealing with such powerful figures. I just hope that he is appropriate when compared with the HUlk and Silver Surfer.

GreyOwl
June 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Indestructible - "Juggernaut never rolls for molten lava damage" seems tacked on. It should at the very least be another ability. What if another terrain type is introduced to Heroscape (quicksand, negative zone, whatever) that determines its damage via an attack die roll?Not sure what I should do here then? I could see dropping the line altogether possibly. I guess even if he is not destroyed by Lava, maybe he sinks in it any therefore is out of play for the rest of the game.

You could make it more generic to account for possible future terrains. Something like "Juggernaut may never be damaged or destroyed by any terrain he is on", or something to that effect. I don't see a problem with combining two different abilities like that under one, since they are related and due to the same power.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM
UPDATED!!! F5 if you can't see the changes.

Is the only thing left the points?

UranusPChicago
June 20th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Brute Force 2 - This might be a little too "rules lawyerish", but some might read the power to only be concerned with non-friendly adjacencies.Not sure what you are saying here. It says any figure so only if 1 figure is adjacent can he add 2 dice.

You know what you are saying, I know what you are saying, almost all people will know what you are saying. :lol: I am not even recommending that you change it, I am just saying that there are "those" out there who will bend, twist, omit, and add words to rules to better suit themselves.

After rethinking the Unstoppable Force power last night, I came up with a follow up question?
Does Juggernaut need to follow all terrain movement rules?

My logic is he's not supposed to be slowed down by those things, so as long as he can still move 3 spaces in a straight line he can use Unstoppable Force.

Can he step out of 0 level water during his Unstoppable Force move?
Can he continue moving across water?
Does he ignore heavy snow?

I think we have hit the time limit with this one, but I still am enjoying the critique. I guess it is up to you, hi1hi1hi1hi1, if you want to move on to another nomination or wrap this one up.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 20th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I think we have hit the time limit with this one, but I still am enjoying the critique. I guess it is up to you, hi1hi1hi1hi1, if you want to move on to another nomination or wrap this one up.I guess as per the rules of this thread my time is up. I'd really like to finish this review though. I forgot to pm Jonathan with my nomination of his Boom-Boom, but I suppose it would be up to him whether to allow this review to continue a little longer or just end it. I pmed him now. When the response comes in I'll post the next card.

You know what you are saying, I know what you are saying, almost all people will know what you are saying. :lol: I am not even recommending that you change it, I am just saying that there are "those" out there who will bend, twist, omit, and add words to rules to better suit themselves.Oh, ok.

After rethinking the Unstoppable Force power last night, I came up with a follow up question?
Does Juggernaut need to follow all terrain movement rules?

My logic is he's not supposed to be slowed down by those things, so as long as he can still move 3 spaces in a straight line he can use Unstoppable Force.

Can he step out of 0 level water during his Unstoppable Force move?
Can he continue moving across water?
Does he ignore heavy snow? With the current wording he has to obey terrain rules. I thought about it both ways, but I came to the conclusion that Juggernaut can be slowed, but not stopped. Therefore terrain could slow his project slightly. :)

Is the only thing left the points?

GreyOwl
June 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
If he cost in the 370-390 range, I'm happy with everything else.

UranusPChicago
June 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I would be willing to Theoryscape him anywhere from 360-390 myself.

I think all the verbage is good to go.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 20th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Ok up to 370. Is it ok to have him more than Hulk or should I drop a defense die?

And I'm waiting on the pm to Jonathan.

GreyOwl
June 20th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I think more than Hulk is fine. http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif

Jonathan
June 21st, 2008, 10:09 AM
PM unwaited ;)

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
BOOM-BOOM by Jonathan

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/neglecticon/BoomBoomCardWeb.jpg

This trial ends at 10:30 on Sunday, June 22

UranusPChicago
June 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
I would hate for this not to get a critique before tomorrow morning and since I will be in church at 10:30 tomorrow morning I might as well crank one out while I am here...

Boom-Boom
I assume that Boom-Boom only uses a single Time Bomb token, but the card doesn't really say; that might need to be clarified.

The more I think about it, the more difficult it is to actually use the Time Bomb successfully. I assume that Boom-Boom is affected by her own Time Bomb. Boom-Boom does not have disengage. That means that she either...
1. has to survive 1 or more disengagements to drop and run successfully by placing a bomb next to 1 or more enemy figures or
2. simply use the Time Bomb as a temporary board management aid.

I can't think of any reason that someone would willing stand next to a dropped Time Bomb, so unless Boom-Boom is willing to take some Disengagement swipes, chances are slim that anyone is ever going to be affected by them.

I really like the card, I am just trying to think how to help Time Bomb short of giving her Disengage.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Hmm... UPC raises a good point. I might have a solution. Instead of placing the Time Bomb Marker on the space in which Boom Boom is standing, you can place the Marker adjacent to any space she is on. That way you don't have to give her disengage and she can still place it adjacent to enemies.

Jonathan
June 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Mmm, good call on the "adjacency" bit!

UranusPChicago
June 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Question: Is 24 hours simply too quick of a turnaround for this process or is it just that we do not have the support needed to make this work?

BTW, I am in the process of putting together a blog entry to shine a light on the Super Heroes customs thread. Hopefully, it will bring in a little extra traffic.

GreyOwl
June 24th, 2008, 09:26 AM
For me personally, sometimes 24 hours is too quick. Normally it's not a problem, but if I get busy at work or something comes up at home, then I can't always get on and give comments within that timeframe. Maybe we could do 48-72 hours or something? We can still shoot for 24, though.

Okay, so my comments on Boom-Boom:

Time Bomb
I don't see the confusion regarding adjacency and disengage. The card says she can place it on any space she has stood on this turn, which means she can put it down up to 5 spaces away from herself. Am I missing something?

Big Bomb Special Attack
I would change the wording to make it sound more "official". Something like: "Choose any figure within 3 clear sight spaces. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Big Bomb Special Attack. Roll 6 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Boom-Boom can be affected by Big Bomb Special Attack."

This wording change combines the first 3 sentences in the original to sound more official, corrects the spelling of "seperately" to "separately", and removes the "affected by her own" in the last sentence. It just makes sense that if you and you opponent each have a Boom-Boom, they would be affected by each other's Big Bomb Special Attack.

I think her points are a bit too low, given her 5 Life and her special attack of 6 that can affect multiple figures, up to 7 at a time. Without playtesting, I would guesstimate her cost in the 220-240 range.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I just realized that is the old version of the card posted. This is the newer one.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/neglecticon/BoomBoomCardWebb.jpg

The adjacency problem is this. If Boom Boom wants to place a Time Bomb Marker it would make sense to place it adjacent to an opponent's figure, but she can only place a Marker on the space she is on. Therefore to place a Time Bomb Marker on a space adjacent to an enemy, she, herself, must be adjacent to an enemy. So without Disengage, she has to take at least one passing swipe everytime she wants to place a Time Bomb Marker where it will be most effective.

Jonathan
June 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Grey Owl, thanks for the comments! The rewording for Big Bomb looks great. Originally, the Time Bomb was just supposed to be a deterrant to protect areas of the map you didn't want your opponent to go near, or for some "hit the door and hide" tactics. I'll try to add "adjacency" into the wording.

As to her points, BB seems to go down and/or gets an opponent's figure adjacent to her pretty quickly, which makes her Big Bomb much more of a risk, given her defense.

However, due to the potential for damage, you're right in that her points might need to go up. I'll rework the card and get it back up here.

As to UPC's point, I think 48 hours would be better - give us some time to simmer on the figs, and perhaps get a game or 2 in.

For the next nominee, let's try Allskulls' Beetle:

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgallery/albums/userpics/Beetle.jpg

whitestuff
June 25th, 2008, 10:31 AM
How did I miss this thread? Hmmm...

Beetle
Typo in 'Electro-Bite'
How does he bite someone over a range of 4?
Typo in 'sight' in Combat Computer
Within 8 clear sight spaces for Combat Computer? Man that seems over the top. You'd be rolling for him all the time...
The card looks great aesthetically

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 25th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Beetle
I like him. Like whitestuff said, I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to represent with Electro-Bite, I'm not familiar with the character.

For Combat Computer, I'd either make it say "If you roll a 14-17, Beetle must or may roll 4 additional..." and I'd get rid of the bolded numbers (personal taste). Again I'd put in the may or the must the second time you talk about 4 additional dice. That way you just know if it is optional, for some reason it may be better to roll less defense dice?

Jonathan
June 25th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Hmm, maybe I should have picked a custom from someone who's able to check the boards these days :D

UranusPChicago
June 25th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Did you PM Allskulls?

UranusPChicago
June 25th, 2008, 06:11 PM
BTW I think Combat Computer should only kick in when Beetle is targeted with a ranged attack. I can't think of a reason when Beetle would need to roll 4 extra defense dice when he is not even going to be targeted for the attack.

Jonathan
June 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Aaahh, I'm such a loser. UPC, please nominate something (but remember to PM the creator first) and end my misery! ;)

Rule#1: Read the rules.

UranusPChicago
June 26th, 2008, 08:49 AM
PM sent...

hi1hi1hi1hi1
June 26th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hey UPC. Are you going to update the first page with already NM24/48 customs? And did anyone come up with a stamp?

UranusPChicago
June 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Hey UPC. Are you going to update the first page with already NM24/48 customs? And did anyone come up with a stamp?

All good questions and I wish I had better answers, but "I will, but I haven't yet" and "No".

I believe the only NM24/48 recipient as of yet is GreyOwl's Hawkeye. I was hoping that someone with greater artistic ability than I (read higher life form than a rock) would put together a simple NM24/48 icon/graphic.

I will update the first post later today with GreyOwl's card.

Without further ado, the next nomination is a solid card from Whitestuff. I might be purposely setting us up for a successful run here again as I am nominating a card that might be ready as is...;)

Katana

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/katana.jpg

Jonathan
June 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I like it :thumbsup:

GreyOwl
June 26th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I thought Juggernaut was also done.:confused:

I'm confused...if the previous one are not done, why are we moving on?

allskulls
June 26th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Katana looks good to me playwise. Typo "Souldtaker"

Not too familiar with the character but should Soultaker work on Undead figures?

As for nominating any of my stuff, it will be a while before I can revise cards. I actually already have an updated Beetle but I won't be able to load it yet.

whitestuff
June 27th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Hey UPC. Are you going to update the first page with already NM24/48 customs? And did anyone come up with a stamp?I was thinking about this time of year (marking of exams and reports at school) and I thought, "Why not a tick?"

So here is my take on a possible 'stamp'.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/heroscape/nm24.png

I envision it sitting on the edge of the card, not interfering with the card itself...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/heroscape/GOhawkeye.jpg

What do you think?

Katana looks good to me playwise. Typo "Souldtaker"

Not too familiar with the character but should Soultaker work on Undead figures?
Fixed - thanks for spotting the errors and I've added a line about the Undead. :thumbsup:

UranusPChicago
June 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
With the spelling correction, I give Katana :thumbsup:

I also give Whitestuff's NM24 graphic submission a :thumbsup:

I guess for the A-Z thread (which might be losing its caretaker...:cry:) all we need is a NM24.

whitestuff
June 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM
With the spelling correction, I give Katana :thumbsup:Thanks! :D

I also give Whitestuff's NM24 graphic submission a :thumbsup:8)

I guess for the A-Z thread (which might be losing its caretaker...:cry:) all we need is a NM24.Yes, what will happen with this I wonder...

GreyOwl
June 27th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I like the graphic, though I wouldn't mind putting it on the card itself. That way people that find it by other means, like through the creator's own thread, will still see it.

I must have missed something...what's going on with PochoMan and the A-Z thread?

whitestuff
June 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I like the graphic, though I wouldn't mind putting it on the card itself. That way people that find it by other means, like through the creator's own thread, will still see it.Would creators not put the ticked card in their own threads? If the tick was on the card, where would you suggest placing it?

I must have missed something...what's going on with PochoMan and the A-Z thread?

He has been selling up his Heroscape collection but posted this in that thread...

Wow! I hate to see you go man. I really enjoyed your presence here. :( After all is said and done, at least stop by and give us a "howdy" from time to time.

Take care!Sorry to see you go PochoMan. I hope you'll still visit. :)Thanks Guys. Im only getting out of the "classic" 'Scape. I will still be a very active member with the SuperHeroes section. Besides I know the format.

So I guess PochoMan will still be here, doing his thing. Thanks PochoMan. :thumbsup:

GreyOwl
June 30th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Would creators not put the ticked card in their own threads? If the tick was on the card, where would you suggest placing it?

They could do it either way. I thought on the card would be better, because that way it would always stay with it. I was thinking of putting it behind the target zone pic, similar to what I do on my Star Wars customs with the Star Wars logo.

So I guess PochoMan will still be here, doing his thing. Thanks PochoMan. :thumbsup:
Glad to hear it! :)

UranusPChicago
July 1st, 2008, 08:32 AM
Perhaps a name change to "No More Than a Week" is in order... :lol:

Oh well, who wants to nominate the next card?

wulfhunter667
July 1st, 2008, 09:20 AM
I nominate whitestuff's Clayface...
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/clayface.jpg
Wulf

whitestuff
July 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM

Oh well, who wants to nominate the next card?How do you know when the card is done? I made the suggested changes/fixes to Katana so does that mean she is finished with?

GreyOwl
July 1st, 2008, 04:49 PM
That's what I'm confused about, too. I thought we had finished several, but then someone said that Hawkeye was the only one done. So if we don't get the 3 thumbs up within 24 hours, are we just moving on and leaving the previous card? If so, when can it be re-nominated again?

GreyOwl
July 14th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Where are we at on this? I thought it was going really well for a while there. I think if we get answers to the questions I posted above, we'll all be more clear and what to do and can get this moving again. UPC, any ideas?

UranusPChicago
July 14th, 2008, 01:15 PM

Oh well, who wants to nominate the next card?How do you know when the card is done? I made the suggested changes/fixes to Katana so does that mean she is finished with?

That's what I'm confused about, too. I thought we had finished several, but then someone said that Hawkeye was the only one done. So if we don't get the 3 thumbs up within 24 hours, are we just moving on and leaving the previous card? If so, when can it be re-nominated again?

Where are we at on this? I thought it was going really well for a while there. I think if we get answers to the questions I posted above, we'll all be more clear and what to do and can get this moving again. UPC, any ideas?

The 24-Hour Customs Thread
Where your customs are critiqued to perfection in only 24-Hours.

Our Mission:
- To create a workable directory of customs that have not been through the TNT process, but are certainly ready for casual play.
- To have a set of quality guaranteed, balanced customs with no gaping verbiage holes.

The Process:
Nominating a card for the process is simple and will help with the overall success of this thread. When you see a card you would like to be put through critique, shoot the creator a pm to check that it is ok with him and he will be around to update the card. As long as both conditions are met, when the current critique has been completed, just create a post in the same format as the post found HERE (link to 2nd post) and let the fun begin.

Once a card has been posted it is up to the other valued custom creators on this site to do their part. The card will be critiqued in any way appropriate, and after the creator has updated the card to fit the changes, a simple 3 :up: from any participants will deem the card playable.

The Rules:
1. You cannot nominate your own card.
2. All processes must be complete in 24 hours. If there is not 3 thumbs up in 24 hours, another card is nominated and we move on.
3. If the process completes in under 24 hours, immediately start the next process.

It seems that the part that I highlighted in red is the part that is giving us the most problems. What I had envisioned to be a 24 hour process seems to be much closer to a 3-4 day process, which is fine, but with only 4 or 5 of us actually utilizing the thread....

According to the 3 :thumbsup: or :up: rule...

Hawyeye by Greyowl - Passed 3 votes (Hi1hi1hi1hi1, UPC, Jonathan)
Juggernaut by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Only 1 1/2 votes (Greyowl, UPC-pending)
Boom-Boom by Jonathan - Never received any :thumbsup:
Beetle by AllSkulls - withdrawn
Katana by Whitestuff - 2 votes (Jonathan, UPC)
Clayface by Whitestuff - submitted during trainwreck.

I hereby give Juggernaut by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 my delayed :thumbsup:, but that still only gives it a vote of 2.

Are we trying to formalize the process too much by having rules/guidelines? I thought they were pretty simple, but we haven't shown that we can follow them with one exception. :lol:

I would absolutely love if we could get the process down and crank out the NM24 with reckless abandon, but I think it is going to require more than just 5 of us for it to work.

I will start updating the first post of the thread with the voting information and links. I am willing to pick up this process wherever or start again with a new submission or whatever, so someone make a suggestion and lets try to get this train rolling again.

whitestuff
July 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I have some time on my hands so I'll go back and have a look at some of those that have been offered already...

GreyOwl
July 14th, 2008, 01:22 PM
What I think we need to do is when we send a PM to the creator, don't post their card up for review until we get a commitment from them that they are available to make changes/participate over the next few days.

We also need a process for going back and revisiting ones that aren't complete.

whitestuff
July 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
What I think we need to do is when we send a PM to the creator, don't post their card up for review until we get a commitment from them that they are available to make changes/participate over the next few days.Perhaps it would have to be up to the creator to post the card. That way they have to be involved.

We also need a process for going back and revisiting ones that aren't complete.If too much time passes, maybe they get removed from the list?

whitestuff
July 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Juggernaut

there needs to be a space after the comma in the first line of Mystic Helmet
the last sentence of Indestructible just doesn't read well... perhaps, 'Juggernaut never rolls for any damage inflicted by terrain.'He is a real brute :) Apart from those two small things, I'd give it the thumb.

UranusPChicago
July 14th, 2008, 01:38 PM
What I think we need to do is when we send a PM to the creator, don't post their card up for review until we get a commitment from them that they are available to make changes/participate over the next few days.

We also need a process for going back and revisiting ones that aren't complete.

I mention the need for the creator to be willing to commit to 2 days before nominating one of their cards in my first post of the NM24 discussion thread. :lol: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=18808

Honestly, with the exception of going back and wrapping up a few of the ones that we tried to do during this trial basis, I really don't know if it is a good idea to HAVE to revisit ones that simply do not make the cut. If there was one that was real close, a revote might be in order, but I really don't want to have to track through the thread each time looking for votes that may be scattered throughout.

whitestuff
July 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Honestly, with the exception of going back and wrapping up a few of the ones that we tried to do during this trial basis, I really don't know if it is a good idea to HAVE to revisit ones that simply do not make the cut. If there was one that was real close, a revote might be in order, but I really don't want to have to track through the thread each time looking for votes that may be scattered throughout.I agree that having to count for votes throughout the thread is just going to be annoying. If the card gets no interest after a reasonable period, then I guess that it is not ready and the creator needs to take it away and work on it. If the card isn't brought back in a timely fashion, then on to the next one.

GreyOwl
July 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM
That's fine with me if we don't go back for old one, unless they get re-nominated. It should just be stated explicitly in the rules.

I'm also okay with people nominating their own cards. I think there would be more interest from the creator that way. But I also understand the reasoning for not doing so.

whitestuff
July 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'd like to nominate UPC's SGT Rock.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/UranusPChicago/Heroscape/SGT_Rock.jpg (http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/UranusPChicago/Heroscape/SGT_Rock.jpg)

In fact I think this might be a real quick one. I think this is a great card. :thumbsup:

Jonathan
July 14th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hah! This is where I REALLY needed to read the rules - I thought a PM to the creator was just to see if they were okay with you nominating their creation :oops:

GreyOwl
July 14th, 2008, 04:54 PM
My only comment on Sgt. Rock is to make it look like the official cards (Sgt. Drake). So use a period after "SGT" in the title and don't capitalize all the letters of "SGT" in the ability text.

Fix that, and you got my http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif

UranusPChicago
July 15th, 2008, 12:50 AM
The SGT text was changed.

2 down, 1 to go...

GreyOwl
July 15th, 2008, 08:13 AM
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif Does it count if I just give you two? :D

UranusPChicago
July 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif Does it count if I just give you two? :D

I wish...:lol:

While we are waiting for a third vote here, both Katana and Juggernaut are one away as well. I believe they are both close enough that we can retro them in to NM24 worthy if they get a third.

I might as well begin my search for the next nomination... 8)

bloodraven
July 15th, 2008, 11:04 AM

While we are waiting for a third vote here, both Katana and Juggernaut are one away as well. I believe they are both close enough that we can retro them in to NM24 worthy if they get a third.

I might as well begin my search for the next nomination... 8)

Not sure if my thoughts count here, but...

Juggarnaut: I didn't see it in this thread, but I did go look at it in the A-Z thread...

My GOD is he awesome. He whipes the floor clean with anything we play, but he isn't unbeatable. That being said, he has a high gamble with the points, so it balances him out. I see no corrections that need to be made with this card. :thumbsup:

Katana:

Another powerful character. Her attacks are amazing, but her Soultaker attack didn't really affect our game any, if at all. I say her points are close to where they should be, if maybe a bit low. Still, all around an awesome addition. :thumbsup:

whitestuff
July 15th, 2008, 12:12 PM

I might as well begin my search for the next nomination... 8)I gave Juggernaut a thumbs up just a page back.

As for Katana, I'll give her :thumbsup:

Does it count if you're the author? ;)

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM
On vacation, but figured I could spare a few moments to update Juggernaut and post. :)

UranusPChicago
July 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I updated the first post with the newest 2 iinclusions into NM24 status, Juggernaut and Katana.

Thank you, Bloodraven and Whitestuff, for the votes.

I shed a tear when both Bloodraven and Hi1hi1hi1hi1 posted, but neither cast the final vote for Sgt. Rock...:cry: :lol:

bloodraven
July 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
haha! I haven't had a chance to play as him, but let me look him over...

(time passes)

Ok! He's getting added to the game pretty soon I am guessing. I like the first special he has, reminds me a lot of Red Skull, my favorite from the regular game. However, the cover fire makes him shine. Due to that, I must say...

GreyOwl
July 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I think I already gave a thumps up for Juggernaut, but in case I forgot, here's mine: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif

GreyOwl
July 16th, 2008, 10:13 AM
By the way, this is how whitestuff's NM24 logo looks on a card. I kind of like it! 8)

UranusPChicago
July 16th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Nomination PM sent...

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 16th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Heh... sorry UPC I must have missed the nomination. I already took a look at Sgt. in your thread and said what I needed to say. All that's left is :up:

whitestuff
July 16th, 2008, 11:07 AM
By the way, this is how whitestuff's NM24 logo looks on a card. I kind of like it! 8)Hmm, I'm not sure. It seems a bit too small to read.

Perhaps a redesign is in order? What do the other think?

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I think it needs to be a bit bigger. I didn't see it on my first glance.

UranusPChicago
July 16th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Its time for the next nomination...

I am being a little selfish and continuing my pursuit of completing a West Coast Avenger Team. :lol:

I will be picking on Grey Owl again by nominating...

Mockingbird
http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/MOCKINGBIRD.jpg

FWIW, I was wanting to possibly nominate a card from one of our newer custom creators, but they have not yet participated in the NM24 thread...hint, hint, hint ;)

bloodraven
July 17th, 2008, 11:37 AM
:( I've been contributing ;)

As far as mockingbird goes:

Good looking card. Powers are nice. Are the points a little low though? Considering she basically allows you to have two turns with one order marker and a double attack. Maybe closer to the 200 range? Other than that :up:

whitestuff
July 17th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ok then...

Shield Agent - without knowing how powerful the other Shield Agents are, this is a difficult ability to comment on.

Double Attack - it is only with an attack of 3 so that is not too overpowering.

Espionage - this is an interesting ability as you could walk opponents into lava or off of extreme drops. This could be a very nasty thing (for your enemy :twisted:)

I agree with bloodraven, the card looks great and the abilities are thematic but I think the bonding alone would warrant a point boost. (I'll have to go and look at the other Shield Agents.)

*EDIT* Who are the other Shield Agents?

UranusPChicago
July 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I think you are being misled by the ability name, SHIELD Agent. The ability itself applies to any Unique Agent. I had always assumed that could include any single Agent be it a member of a squad (KMA) or hero (Agent Carr).

Maybe he could change the ability name to Limited Agent Bonding. (Limited because it specifies a single Unique Agent as opposed to a Unique Agent squad or hero.)

whitestuff
July 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I think you are being misled by the ability name, SHIELD Agent. The ability itself applies to any Unique Agent. I had always assumed that could include any single Agent be it a member of a squad (KMA) or hero (Agent Carr).

Maybe he could change the ability name to Limited Agent Bonding. (Limited because it specifies a single Unique Agent as opposed to a Unique Agent squad or hero.)You are correct. I didn't think beyond the super's pool for agents. :oops:

I think the ability does need tightening up.

GreyOwl
July 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I can clarify/fix the ability, but I'm not clear what the consensus was as far as what needs to be done.

With bonding abilities, it's hard to account for the power level of the other figure(s) because new ones may be created. This applies to official figures, too. For example, with Human Champion Bonding, they could always come out with a super-powerful Human Champion that suddenly makes cards with that ability more powerful.

UranusPChicago
July 17th, 2008, 04:25 PM
The more I think about it, a Hero bonding with Agents, unless it is a Movement Bonding only, is going to be very difficult to pull off because of the Nakita Agents.

Maybe it could be a...
"Instead of taking a turn with Mockingbird, you may take a turn with any Agent card you control."

bloodraven
July 17th, 2008, 04:32 PM
For her point value, that would make more sense. The way it is worded now, if you have someone that is a powerful enough agent, they get to go, then she gets to go and attack twice. Granted her attack is low, but still. I think that wording works best though.

GreyOwl
July 17th, 2008, 04:46 PM
It's supposed to only apply to unique hero agents, so Nakita's wouldn't be an issue. I can change the wording to specify unique hero. That type of bonding is similar to Ornak, where you can activate two unique heroes on the same turn, and he costs 100 points. I figured the extra points on Mockingbird accounted for the double attack and Espionage.

I could see adding a limitation to the bonding to restrict it to figures within a certain line of sight, though.

bloodraven
July 17th, 2008, 04:57 PM
It's supposed to only apply to unique hero agents, so Nakita's wouldn't be an issue. I can change the wording to specify unique hero. That type of bonding is similar to Ornak, where you can activate two unique heroes on the same turn, and he costs 100 points. I figured the extra points on Mockingbird accounted for the double attack and Espionage.

I could see adding a limitation to the bonding to restrict it to figures within a certain line of sight, though.

That sounds good! I haven't played the original HeroScape yet, so I don't know a lot about the older characters. Changing it to a line of sight would be fine, but I would still say 160 minimum.

GreyOwl
July 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Here's an updated version:

bloodraven
July 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Looks excellent to me!

:up:

IAmBatman
July 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Very clever power in Espionage, GreyOwl! That particular power would be quite destructive on a lava map - especially against enemies with high moves, though. I almost wonder if the power should be subject to a D20 roll for this reason?

GreyOwl
July 17th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I'd be okay with the 20-sided roll, or even a stipulation saying that you can't move them into lava or onto any space that would destroy them. My intent with this power wasn't to necessarily kill or harm the opponent, but to move them strategically. Hence the name - you infiltrate the enemy and convince them to do something for you. I'm not sure how that wording would go, though. Any suggestions?

UranusPChicago
July 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
GreyOwl, thanks for clearing up the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent ability. With "Hero" it is much clearer and takes care of the Nakita loophole.

I really don't think Espionage warrants a 20-sided roll if the ability is further defined to mimic your original intention of being a strategic movement rather than a potential movement of death. I think by limiting the movement to moves that would not destroy the enemy figure also fits better thematically.

Otherwise the Espionage conversation would go something like...

Mockingbird: The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain.
Enemy: How now brown cow?
Mockingbird: There's been a change in plans.
Enemy: Awesome. Guarding this choke point doesn't seem to be the kind of mission that will push me towards advancement within the agency. What do you have for me.
Mockingbird: We need you to go jump in the lava.
Enemy: ...

whitestuff
July 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I agree with the others. Changing the wording to just Hero makes more sense to me.

Espionage is OK without the 20 roll. You already are giving up your attack so I think if is fine as is. I think your idea of adding the phrase - "you can't move them into lava or onto any space that would destroy them" would get the green light from me.

With the abilities tightened, I think your 140p is spot on.

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 10:09 AM
How's this?

whitestuff
July 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
How's this?

Perfect :thumbsup:

UranusPChicago
July 18th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Great job, :thumbsup:

With the third vote in for Mockingbird, GreyOwl now needs to round up a new nominee.

(Two fairly timely inductees in a row, I think we are on a roll...:D)

whitestuff
July 18th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Great job, :thumbsup:

With the third vote in for Mockingbird, GreyOwl now needs to round up a new nominee.

(Two fairly timely inductees in a row, I think we are on a roll...:D)Congrats GreyOwl.

I like that the most recent inductee has to find the next card to nominate. That's a good idea. :)

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 12:16 PM
PM sent.

I was torn between nominating someone new, or nominating IAmBatman now that he seems to be posting again. I opted for someone new initially, but IAmBatman....you're on the list! :) Hopefully we can convince you to stick around for a while.:)

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 12:27 PM
By the way, here's another idea for an NM24 logo that might be more readable:

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/nm24sample.png

whitestuff
July 18th, 2008, 12:31 PM
By the way, here's another idea for an NM24 logo that might be more readable:

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/nm24sample.pngI like it. :) It is easier to read, but is it too dark for where it will sit on the card? Can you thrown it into one of your NM'ed cards so we could see it? Ta.

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Here's how it looks on a card. You may be right about it being too dark, though some may prefer the subtlety. The red kind of blends with the target image, too.

Suggestions on different colors?

whitestuff
July 18th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Here's how it looks on a card. You may be right about it being too dark, though some may prefer the subtlety. The red kind of blends with the target image, too.

Suggestions on different colors?

What if we are trying to squeeze a round peg into a square hole? Is there anywhere else on the card that it could go? what about in the gap above the race on the left-hand side?

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I use that space for other things on some of my customs, so that's why I didn't put it there. Of course, others can use that space if they want. I think it may look good where it's at if it was a different color.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM
You're right the red 24 doesn't fit quite right. I do think that the space below the hit zone is the best, maybe blue and green?

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Here's the next nomination - bloodraven's Crow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bloodraven951/EricDraven.jpg

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Here's the logo in blue/green on the card.

IAmBatman
July 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the thought, GreyOwl, and as much as I'd love to be nominated sometime, it's probably a good idea that I'm not any time soon, since I doubt I'll really be getting around to editing anything for this process. Better to nominate people who are willing to be more active about their actual card editing. I'll probably get back into all of that some day, but I'm sticking with my hiatus for the time being. Still, I don't mind chiming in with my thoughts on others' cards every now and then.
On Eric Draven, then -
Dual Pistol - the wording seems a mite bit off. Not sure why he'd need to specify "normal attack" since Draven doesn't seem equipped with any special attacks ...
Thematically, I don't know enough about the Crow to comment on the flavor of the powers, but Crow Vision seems to work fine. And "Set the Wrong Things Right" is a cool renaming for Rejected by Death. With double attack, but without flying, and with slightly lesser stats than Thanos, but the same main power (RbD/StWTR), I'd say the cost looks pretty right on. Nice custom!

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
ERIC DRAVEN

Dual Pistol - It's double attack, so looks fine.

Crow Vision - Looks fine, I just am unfamiliar with the character so I was wondering what it represents. Oh and I think the text size for Crow Vision is smaller than the other ability names.

Set the Wrong Things Right - I would change "any" in the last line to all and capitalize Wound Markers.

bloodraven
July 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Dual Pistol - the wording seems a mite bit off. Not sure why he'd need to specify "normal attack" since Draven doesn't seem equipped with any special attacks ...

I did it like that due to Iron Man's being worded like that.

Crow Vision - Looks fine, I just am unfamiliar with the character so I was wondering what it represents. Oh and I think the text size for Crow Vision is smaller than the other ability names.

Set the Wrong Things Right - I would change "any" in the last line to all and capitalize Wound Markers.

Done and done!

IAmBatman
July 18th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Bloodraven - didn't realize that's the official wording for the power. No complaints in that case.

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 06:55 PM
With the above changes, it looks good to me! http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 18th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Yep it's good :up:

GreyOwl
July 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Almost there bloodraven - 2 thumbs up and 1 to go. Unless IAmBatman's "no complaints" counts as a thumbs up :confused:

As for the logo, I decided not to use the colors gray, red, or green since those show up in the target zone picture. I decided to go with blue and yellow and made 2 versions, with the colors swapped, so people can pick whichever one they think looks best on their card. What do you guys think of these? There's a sample card pic for each, too.

Yellow on Blue

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/logo_nm24_yellow_blue.png

Blue on Yellow

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/logo_nm24_blue_yellow.png

Sample Cards

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/nm24samplecards.jpg

whitestuff
July 19th, 2008, 12:45 AM
What do you guys think of these? There's a sample card pic for each, too.

Yellow on Blue

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/logo_nm24_yellow_blue.png

Blue on Yellow

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/logo_nm24_blue_yellow.png

These colours look better. What would be awesome is if there was a whole variety of colours to choose from (like your panels and cards selections) so that you stay within the cards original colour scheme.

Great work GreyOwl :thumbsup:

GreyOwl
July 19th, 2008, 01:55 PM
That's a good idea, but I'm not sure how many color combinations I can think of that look decent, without using red, green, black, or grey. Here's one more pair for people to choose from, though.

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/logo_nm24_purple_orange.png

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/logo_nm24_orange_purple.png

bloodraven
July 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
So...any other changes you guys can think of?

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 21st, 2008, 08:58 AM
It's good for me and GreyOwl, you just need one more :up: ...

UranusPChicago
July 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Just doing some quick catch up here. I was out of town all weekend at a family funeral and so obviously my mind was else where.

I hope to offer a post on the Crow later today.

GreyOwl
July 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
As far as I'm concerned, I think IAmBatman's comment should count as a thumbs up. Even though there was no "thumb", he did state that it looked good to him. Thoughts?

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
I think the card is good to go and Iambatman did give his approval, but maybe UPC has something to add. I'm sure he'll give the thumb meanwhile bloodraven can send out the pm. The custom is approved in my eyes, just waiting for the next.

UranusPChicago
July 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM
To speed the process along, I will go ahead and mark Bloodravens Crow as passed.

Waiting on the next nomination...;)

bloodraven
July 21st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Here is the next nomination: GreyOwl's Deadpool

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/DEADPOOL.jpg

UranusPChicago
July 21st, 2008, 01:07 PM
Deadpool

Linked Teleportation - I was trying to think of an ability in classic Heroscape that required/affected another figure directly and was a "must" ability. The first one that I came up with was for Sonya Esenwein.
Eternal Heartbreak - If you control Cyprien Esenwein and he is destroyed, Sonya Esenwein immediately (must) receives 2 wounds.

Nowhere on Cyprien's card does it mention that when he dies he causes wounds to Sonya. Therefore, I don't think that Dealpools text should concern itself with what happens if Cable teleports. In other words, rather than having the sentence...
"Whenever either Cable or Deadpool teleports, the other must teleport the same number of spaces as well."
... I think it can be simplified by saying...
"If Cable is currently in the game, he must teleport the same number of spaces. Each figure is moved by the player that controls it."

Enhanced Healing Factor - A nice simple trade off, you guarantee a single wound healing every round by giving up your ability to fool the opponent with your "X" marker.

Waiting for input from others...

IAmBatman
July 21st, 2008, 01:31 PM
Yep, it was a thumbs up from me (just for the record and all). ;-)

GreyOwl
July 21st, 2008, 03:28 PM
UPC, how's this? Note that I also updated Cable's card accordingly.

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/DEADPOOL.jpg

bloodraven
July 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
My girlfriend is in love with Deadpool. In ultimate alliance, it's the only character she plays as, and when she saw this card, she had to have it. I must say, it plays well, looks good, and with those changes looks good to me! :up:

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
I like him, nothing to complain about. :up:

IAmBatman
July 21st, 2008, 09:49 PM
I concur.

UranusPChicago
July 21st, 2008, 11:50 PM
With the new wording, I will add a 4th :thumbsup:

GreyOwl, we need a nomination...

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 22nd, 2008, 12:34 AM
Just wanted to show off the stamp on my Juggernaut.

GreyOwl
July 22nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
With the new wording, I will add a 4th :thumbsup:

GreyOwl, we need a nomination...

Already sent out a PM...waiting for whitestuff to respond.

While we wait, can we give comments on whitestuff's Clayface? It was submitted and pretty much ignored after that. My comments:

HARD AS ROCK
I like the intent, but 2 auto shields with a Defense of 4 is pretty tough. I would suggest either dropping it to 1 auto shield, lowering his defense, or raising his cost significantly. Or base it on a d20 roll where he normally gets 1 auto shield but 5-10% of the time, he gets 2 auto shields.

whitestuff
July 22nd, 2008, 02:55 AM
Already sent out a PM...waiting for whitestuff to respond.I am here. GreyOwl suggested Azrael, so here he is.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/azrael.jpg

While we wait, can we give comments on whitestuff's Clayface? It was submitted and pretty much ignored after that. My comments:

HARD AS ROCK
I like the intent, but 2 auto shields with a Defense of 4 is pretty tough. I would suggest either dropping it to 1 auto shield, lowering his defense, or raising his cost significantly. Or base it on a d20 roll where he normally gets 1 auto shield but 5-10% of the time, he gets 2 auto shields.I'd be OK with the single auto shield, but I'm drawn to the idea of the d20 roll...

GreyOwl
July 22nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
On Azrael:

Stats all look good. "The System" is nice. "Burn Damage" seem a little too powerful, in that everytime he causes wounds, he get 2 additional attack with no chance of defense. I would try to constrain it somehow. Maybe adjacent attacks only, only 1 attack dice, let the opponent defend some of the time but not always, etc.

"Bullet-Proof Armor" - since bullet proof armor doesn't protect against everything, I would make it only apply to non-adjacent normal attacks, instead of all non-adjacent attacks.

UranusPChicago
July 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Azrael

The System - I am slightly confused with the last sentence of the ability (but that seems to be a constant state of mind for me). Does it mean that you cannot roll for The System if you had rolled 11-17, but that you can roll for it if you had rolled an 18 or higher and given another turn? In other words, is 11-17 Double Attack and 18 or higher Frenzy?
If, however, you are wanting to limit a roll for The System to the actual single turn, you might say...
"The System may only be used once per Order Marker activation."

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 22nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
The System - I think the last line of The System is ok. Maybe "You may only roll for The System once per turn" would make it better?

Burn Damage - It seems very powerful. That's a potential three wounds from an attack that was supposed to only inflict 1.

Bullet Proof Armor - It fine, maybe like GreyOwl said only for normals.

whitestuff
July 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Ok, the fix log...

I did want the chance to frenzy after using the system. Azrael goes in a Fugue state, which to me, was similar to Frenzy. So I change the last sentence in The System - The System may be used again if you roll 18 or higher. (thanks UPC)
Burn Damage changed to - After any attack that causes a wound on an adjacent opponent, roll 1 attack dice for Burn Damage on that figure. Affected figures cannot roll defense dice. (thanks GO)
Bullet-Proof Armor change to - When defending an attack from a normal non-adjacent opponent, one shield will block all damage. (thanks GO)http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/azraelNM.jpg

UranusPChicago
July 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Man, I think we are slowly turning into a well oiled machine here...

Azrael, :thumbsup:

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Heh, apparently I missed the whole frenzy thing. Well everything checks out ok now. I might simplify Burn Damage and say "If Azreal inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent opponent, after the attack, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against the affected figure.

But that's not something to hold back the :up:

whitestuff
July 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Heh, apparently I missed the whole frenzy thing. Well everything checks out ok now. I might simplify Burn Damage and say "If Azreal inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent opponent, after the attack, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against the affected figure.

But that's not something to hold back the :up:Now that I read it the Burn Damage doesn't sound too official. How about - Burn Damage: If Azreal inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent opponent, roll 1 attack die. Affected figures cannot roll defense dice.

I haven't changed it yet, but what do you think? This way figures that disengage from Azrael, if hurt, might suffer twice. (Thanks hi1hi1).

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 22nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
Yes that sounds good. I just like the word unblockable. :D

GreyOwl
July 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
I'm confused by the new wording on "The System"...why did you have to say that it can be used again? Wouldn't it be better to follow the official wording of Frenzy?

IAmBatman
July 22nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
I'm in agreement that "The System" wording isn't quite there yet.

GreyOwl
July 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
How about this? It takes the wording from Frenzy. Note that you need to specify either "may" or "must" in the first sentence, depending on what you prefer.

After attacking, you (may or must) roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll 11-17, you may attack one additional time. If you roll 18 or higher, you may take another turn with Azrael. If Azrael is engaged when taking a turn due to using The System, he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

whitestuff
July 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
How about this? It takes the wording from Frenzy. Note that you need to specify either "may" or "must" in the first sentence, depending on what you prefer.

After attacking, you (may or must) roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll 11-17, you may attack one additional time. If you roll 18 or higher, you may take another turn with Azrael. If Azrael is engaged when taking a turn due to using The System, he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.This wording is close to what I had there originally.

Here is the updated card.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/azraelNM2.jpg

*EDIT*
I finally got around to adding the NM24 symbol to Katana.

GreyOwl
July 23rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
This version looks better to me. I think his cost should be a little higher, maybe 250-260. But I'll go ahead and give my http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif now.

Have you had a chance to make updates to Clayface yet? I'd hate for him to get ignored again.:?

whitestuff
July 23rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
This version looks better to me. I think his cost should be a little higher, maybe 250-260. But I'll go ahead and give my http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif now.I'd be cool with 250. I'll change it soon.

Have you had a chance to make updates to Clayface yet? I'd hate for him to get ignored again.:?Working on it right now actually :D

and here it is...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/clayfaceNM.jpg

I like that he has to roll a 20-sider for every one of his abilities. It suits his shifting personality.

GreyOwl
July 23rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Clayface looks good now. I'm wondering about his cost, though. Comparing them,

His stats are exactly the same as Sgt. Drake (SOTM version). Life 6, M 6, R 1, A 6, D 6.
They both have an ability that can avoid attacks, and Sgt. Drake's will probably be able to be used more often.
They both have comparable Special Attacks. Drake's is limited in who he can attack but has longer range. Clayface's can cause more damage 40% of the time.
Drake has a "flying-like" ability that lets him get around easier, but Clayface does not. Instead, Clayface has "Hard as Rock".
Clayface is priced at 280 vs. 170 for Drake.I can see Clayface costing more, due to "Hard as Rock" and the slight edge on the Special Attack, but I can't see him being worth 110 points more, especially since he isn't as mobile. I'm tempted to guess somewhere in the 200-220 range sounds right, but I'm just not sure.

UranusPChicago
July 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Back to Azrael...

Retracting :thumbsup: until confusion that was readded to the verbage is cleared up. :confused:

Can Azrael roll for The System after his second attack (the result of rolling 11-17 after the first attack)? If not, the wording of the first sentense needs to be fixed.

As it stands as worded, he could attack and/or take another turn indefinately.

whitestuff
July 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Clayface looks good now. I'm wondering about his cost, though. Comparing them,

His stats are exactly the same as Sgt. Drake (SOTM version). Life 6, M 6, R 1, A 6, D 6.
They both have an ability that can avoid attacks, and Sgt. Drake's will probably be able to be used more often.
They both have comparable Special Attacks. Drake's is limited in who he can attack but has longer range. Clayface's can cause more damage 40% of the time.
Drake has a "flying-like" ability that lets him get around easier, but Clayface does not. Instead, Clayface has "Hard as Rock".
Clayface is priced at 280 vs. 170 for Drake.I can see Clayface costing more, due to "Hard as Rock" and the slight edge on the Special Attack, but I can't see him being worth 110 points more, especially since he isn't as mobile. I'm tempted to guess somewhere in the 200-220 range sounds right, but I'm just not sure.
I agree with you and will have another look at the price...
Back to Azrael...

Retracting :thumbsup: until confusion that was readded to the verbage is cleared up. :confused:

Can Azrael roll for The System after his second attack (the result of rolling 11-17 after the first attack)? If not, the wording of the first sentense needs to be fixed.

As it stands as worded, he could attack and/or take another turn indefinately.I am going to get rid of his double attack part and bring the whole ability into line with a normal frenzy ala the vipers. I think that will clear up the confusion. Unless anyone has a better attempt of the wordage...(feel free to suggest one :))

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 23rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
I am also confsed now. As long as you roll an 11+ he may attack again, thereby reactivating the ability. I thought you wanted it only to go into a loop if Azrael took another turn. If so change "After attacking" to "After taking a turn with Azreal"

GreyOwl
July 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
I think hi1hi1hi1hi1's suggestion achieves your original intent, and is easy to understand.

whitestuff
July 24th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I am also confsed now. As long as you roll an 11+ he may attack again, thereby reactivating the ability. I thought you wanted it only to go into a loop if Azrael took another turn. If so change "After attacking" to "After taking a turn with Azreal"Now that is a much better way to word this.

Ok, how is it now?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/azraelNM24.jpg

GreyOwl
July 24th, 2008, 08:14 AM
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif

UranusPChicago
July 24th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Awesome! This is the perfect example of how this thread is supposed to work. All of us working together to help the custom creator reach a finished product. Very nice!

FWIW, I will be unavailable online this Saturday through next Sunday. Please continue to run through as many cards as you can. I will update the first post when I get back (or IAmBatman can while I am gone...;)).

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM

So who's up next...

GreyOwl
July 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Are we done with both of whitestuff's (Azrael and Clayface)? I've lost count of how many thumbs each got...

UranusPChicago
July 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Axrael is done. Clayface has no votes. I did not know that we were going back to Clayface.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 24th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I must have missed the submission when I was away, I'll try to review it in the morning.

GreyOwl
July 24th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I thought I voted for Clayface, pending his price change.

UranusPChicago
July 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM

I agree with GreyOwl (in his great comparison ;)) that Clayface's point value seems a little high. I think maybe in the 220-230 range.

Seeing that GreyOwl's highend suggestion is 220, I will go with that.

My :thumbsup: is pending on the point change.

whitestuff
July 25th, 2008, 08:59 AM

I agree with GreyOwl (in his great comparison ;)) that Clayface's point value seems a little high. I think maybe in the 220-230 range.

Seeing that GreyOwl's highend suggestion is 220, I will go with that.

My :thumbsup: is pending on the point change.I don't know what you are talking about, Clayface is 220 points. ;)

Thanks for all the wording help with Azrael. You guys rock. :up:

I'll go and find one the nominate.

*EDIT* A PM has been sent...

On a side note, I really hate the time difference between where I am and where you lot are ... http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/net%20emotes/ahem.gif

GreyOwl
July 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
So that makes 2 votes for Clayface, right? We just need 1 more then we can move on...

whitestuff
July 25th, 2008, 09:23 AM
A PM has been sent...

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 25th, 2008, 09:38 AM
:up: I like the Hard As Rock ability a lot, and points look good now. Very nice card.

I never noticed you didn't use the fog until just now.

UranusPChicago
July 25th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Congrats! Clayface has passed.

I have updated the first post along with alphabetizing the list of NM24 cards. I have plans to add links to the card name, but I probably will not get to that until after I get back in town.

whitestuff
July 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
:up: I like the Hard As Rock ability a lot, and points look good now. Very nice card.The kudos for that has to go the the NM24 crew. :)

I never noticed you didn't use the fog until just now.Yeah, I personally feel that it gives cards a cleaner look. I guess it is whatever floats your boat ;)

Congrats! Clayface has passed.Huzzah! http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/net%20emotes/w00t.gif

I have updated the first post along with alphabetizing the list of NM24 cards. I have plans to add links to the card name, but I probably will not get to that until after I get back in town.That is cool. Have a nice trip. :)

whitestuff
July 25th, 2008, 09:59 AM
A new nomination....

hi1hi1hi1hi1's Black Bolt.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/hi1hi1hi1hi1/Marvel%20Creations/BlackBolt.jpg (http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/hi1hi1hi1hi1/Marvel%20Creations/BlackBolt.jpg)

IAmBatman
July 25th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Card looks great, powers are worded clearly and are thematically fun (Just a Whisper is a really fun idea for a power, and there are enough caveats nerfing it to keep it from being broken). Only thing I'd be unsure of on this guy is his cost (without playtesting him), but he gets my thumbs up as is.

GreyOwl
July 25th, 2008, 10:26 PM
In comparing him to Jotun (based on stats) and Hulk (based on cost), it seems to be his cost should be slightly lower. Maybe around 350? But as IAmBatman said, it's hard to say for sure.

As is, I give my http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif, though I'd prefer his cost to drop a little bit.

whitestuff
July 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I really like Black Bolt. I had considered making the card myself a while back, but when I saw this card, I knew I didn't need to. :)

"Just A Whisper" is a great ability and is perfect for Black Bolt.

Like Batman & GreyOwl said, points are difficult to determine, but I think it looks good to me. :up:

wulfhunter667
July 26th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Congrats on Clayface. Now I just have to buy the darn fig and print the card. :thumbsup:
Wulfhunter667

GreyOwl
July 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
hi1hi1hi1hi1, time for you to pick the next nominee!

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 26th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys, sorry I was at work all last night and all today. Pm sent...

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 26th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I won't be around for tomorrow, and I know GreyOwl is active, so I pick his Cable to compliment his Deadpool...

CABLE

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/CABLE.jpg

GreyOwl
July 26th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Personally, the one thing I'd like to change about this card right off the bat is to give him a range greater than 1. It just makes sense with his gun and all. I'm thinking range 5.

whitestuff
July 26th, 2008, 10:24 PM
My :2cents:

Cable

In 'Mind Reader', the "1" looks strange. It might be better to just write - If you place the number 1 Order Marker...
I think that if the title of 'Deadpool Linked Teleportation' is going to be two lines long, then have the word 'Teleportation' on the second line so as to avoid the hyphenation.
In the comic books, I thought that when Cable uses 'Slide By Two' that he and Deadpool both end up in the same location.
Cable has Super Strength - afforded him by his technorganic arm.
Finally then, I don't think that Cable is tough enough. When he told the governments of the world to disarm, Cable defeated The Six Pack (Domino, Hammer, Kane, Constrictor, Anaconda & Solo) and The X-Men (Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Storm, Iceman, Emma Frost, Marvel Girl, Rogue, Nightcrawler). He then goes toe-to-toe with the Silver Surfer. While fighting, Cable rebuilt all the damage to the city that ensued during their battle while simultaneously keeping Providence afloat. Cable managed to shatter the Surfer's board, but was defeated by the alien nonetheless. I think Cable should be tougher. Perhaps his Psionic Blast should harm figures as well.

GreyOwl
July 27th, 2008, 12:52 AM

Cable
In 'Mind Reader', the "1" looks strange. It might be better to just write - If you place the number 1 Order Marker...
I'll change it to "Order Marker 1", to be consistent with official figures (see Ornak).

I think that if the title of 'Deadpool Linked Teleportation' is going to be two lines long, then have the word 'Teleportation' on the second line so as to avoid the hyphenation.

There are official cards that hyphenate the names of special abilities. That being said, I can still get rid of it.

In the comic books, I thought that when Cable uses 'Slide By Two' that he and Deadpool both end up in the same location.

Since that wasn't feasible, I removed the restriction. I suppose I could make it where they have to end adjacent to each other. That would require a change to Deadpool, as well.

Cable has Super Strength - afforded him by his technorganic arm.

I'll update that.

Finally then, I don't think that Cable is tough enough. When he told the governments of the world to disarm, Cable defeated The Six Pack (Domino, Hammer, Kane, Constrictor, Anaconda & Solo) and The X-Men (Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Storm, Iceman, Emma Frost, Marvel Girl, Rogue, Nightcrawler). He then goes toe-to-toe with the Silver Surfer. While fighting, Cable rebuilt all the damage to the city that ensued during their battle while simultaneously keeping Providence afloat. Cable managed to shatter the Surfer's board, but was defeated by the alien nonetheless. I think Cable should be tougher. Perhaps his Psionic Blast should harm figures as well.

I can work on that, too. In addition to having Psionic Blast causing a wound, I can up his attack and defense each to 6, and then raise his cost to 240. That would include the Range increase I mentioned previously. How does that sound? Or do you think he should be in 300-point class?

whitestuff
July 27th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I'll change it to "Order Marker 1", to be consistent with official figures (see Ornak).That'll work. :)

There are official cards that hyphenate the names of special abilities.I know and I don't like that they do it either. ;) This was really just a personal choice thing. If you didn't change it, I wouldn't withhold my thumb.

[quote=whitestuff;629706]In the comic books, I thought that when Cable uses 'Slide By Two' that he and Deadpool both end up in the same location.Since that wasn't feasible, I removed the restriction. I suppose I could make it where they have to end adjacent to each other. That would require a change to Deadpool, as well.It would be interesting if they did end up in the same place, even if they were on different teams...

Strength level?I can work on that, too. In addition to having Psionic Blast causing a wound, I can up his attack and defense each to 6, and then raise his cost to 240. That would include the Range increase I mentioned previously. How does that sound? Or do you think he should be in 300-point class?I think Cable would sit quite nicely in the low-mid 300's.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM
CABLE
Mind Reader - you would have to reveal that Order Marker 1 was indeed on Cable to get the +2 intiative, wouldn't you? It doesn't hurt you to reveal it either since when you add 2 to your roll you opponent would figure out it's because of Cable. And if you idn't reveal it and there was some kind of mix up where you weren't supposed to get the +2 it could get annoying and troublesome. The ability should state "Before rolling for intiative, f you reveal Order Marker 1 on Cable, you may add 2 to your roll"

Deadpool Linked Teleportation - I don't like the hyphen either. ;)

Psionic Blast - I figure any empty space is without a glyph or figure but maybe it should specifically state that.

As for points, if you do make him a 6/6 with teleportation and a range 5, then I think he costs more than 240. Even if you can't attack after teleporting he can still use Psiconic Blast and be in a good position for next round. A 7 attack from 5 spaces away is nothing to laugh at.

GreyOwl
July 27th, 2008, 10:00 AM
It would be interesting if they did end up in the same place, even if they were on different teams...

I really like that idea, but how would it work within the mechanics of the game? It's not like you can have two figures on the same space.

whitestuff
July 27th, 2008, 10:03 AM
It would be interesting if they did end up in the same place, even if they were on different teams...

I really like that idea, but how would it work within the mechanics of the game? It's not like you can have two figures on the same space.Just mash them together really hard. :) No? Well, ok, adjacent would work... ;)

GreyOwl
July 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Okay, those changes sound really good. I need to go run some errands, so I'll try to put an update in a few hours.

GreyOwl
July 27th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I think I incorporated all the suggestions. How's this?

UranusPChicago
July 29th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Updated first post with Black Bolt.

Catching up on Cable....

whitestuff
July 30th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Sorry I haven't been back any earlier.

So Cable... he looks great, but, in comparison to the two other 320 point official figures I feel that he might just be lacking...

Cable has a teleport (which is similar to stealth flying), but then cannot attack, whereas Abomination can jump 10 and still attack & Silver Surfer can move, attack and then move.

Cable has 1 less attack than Abomination and 1 less defense than SS.

Maybe 320 is too much? I know I pushed for a higher point value, but maybe I was off. What about 280-290?

GreyOwl
July 30th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I guess the real question is, should he be more powerful or should his cost be lower?

whitestuff
July 30th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I guess the real question is, should he be more powerful or should his cost be lower?I have some thoughts but I'd like to hear from some of the others... ;)

Oh, alright, I vote for more powerful. :)

UranusPChicago
July 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I guess the real question is, should he be more powerful or should his cost be lower?

I honestly would just lower his cost. I think it could be argued 'til the cows come home about which hero is supposed to be stronger than the other; we already see that with the official figures. Cost your "interpretation" of Cable according to his stats and abilities that you have given him.

My :2cents: on the card itself...
It is awfully hard to gauge a special ability based on a non-official personality or class. Some people will not know to use Telepath as a class (weakening the ability) and some figures will have telepathic-like abilities (see Mind Exchange, Dr. Doom) but are not considered Telepaths. I am not saying not to use it, I am just saying that is setting itself up for lots of "interpretation" mid game.

Also, with Deadpool Linked Teleportation saying "Instead of attacking..." and Psonic Blast saying "After attacking..." is it possible to use Psonic Blast after using Deadpool Linked Teleportation?

GreyOwl
July 30th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Okay, how does 280 points sound?

Also, with Deadpool Linked Teleportation saying "Instead of attacking..." and Psonic Blast saying "After attacking..." is it possible to use Psonic Blast after using Deadpool Linked Teleportation?

As it's currently worded, I suppose not since "Psionic Blast" says "after attacking" and "Deadpool Linked Teleportation" says "instead of attacking". Then again, abilities like "Toxic Skin" on the official cards say "after attacking", and Hasbro/WOTC has confirmed that those take place even if you don't attack. Their interpretation was that it really meant "after the attack phase". So I can see how it could be argued either way.

However, it seems like that should be allowed. What's a better way to word "Psionic Blast"?

hi1hi1hi1hi1
July 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I think it is worded fine, that's how it is officially worded. As for points, drop them to what's appropriate, 250-270 I think.

GreyOwl
July 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Alright, how's this?

whitestuff
August 1st, 2008, 02:55 AM
I like Cable. I'm glad the whole can-I-use-Psionic-Blast-after-teleporting has been cleared up.

I think he would be fun to play with in a game.

Great work GreyOwl. :thumbsup:

hi1hi1hi1hi1
August 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Nothing left to say but :up:

UranusPChicago
August 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Thirded :thumbsup:

GreyOwl
August 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Next PM sent...I figured the Easy Company Grunts would go well with UPC's Sgt. Rock.

GreyOwl
August 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
Alright, we're good to go!

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/UranusPChicago/Heroscape/EasyCompanyGrunts.jpg

whitestuff
August 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM

The card looks great. The stats all look fine. The only thing is the 'Berserker Charge' name. It just doesn't seem to fit thematically. I'd think a military styled name like 'Double Time' or 'Forward, March' would fit better IMHO (I've never used IMHO - looks dumb, doesn't it :)).

hi1hi1hi1hi1
August 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
EASY COMPANY GRUNTS

Nothing much to say about them. They look good. One thing though, is there points are probably too high.

Side by side with the Nakita Agents (also 120) the Agents are a much better buy for 120. They have 1 additional move and range with the same "Smoke Powder 13" plus the Nakita's other ability is a 15+ to inflict a wound, while the Easy Company's is to move again. Being a ranged squad, moving again is not always needed, whereas hurting figure attempting to come adjacent is very useful when those same figures already have trouble attacking you from a range.

I'd say the Easy Company is probably 20 points worse than the Nakitas. So I'd be happy with 90-110pts.

IAmBatman
August 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
"Double Time" sounds like a great renaming for that ability, Whitestuff! And I agree with Hi1 that they should probably cost a bit less.

UranusPChicago
August 4th, 2008, 06:47 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/UranusPChicago/Heroscape/EasyCompanyGrunts.jpg

Updated card. Double Time added and points lowered. Let me know what you think.

whitestuff
August 4th, 2008, 06:53 AM
They look good to me. :thumbsup:

GreyOwl
August 4th, 2008, 08:09 AM
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif

hi1hi1hi1hi1
August 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
:up: Let's get the next figure up before I leave for three days! :)

hi1hi1hi1hi1
August 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
UPC nominated my Angel for review. I am posting I for myself because I am leaving early wednesday morning for a cross country camp and will be away from the computer. Hopefully we can get this figure NM24'd in only 24 hours or I will have to withdraw. Thanks for your cooperation.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/hi1hi1hi1hi1/Marvel%20Creations/Mutant%20Mayhem/Angel.jpg

I finished playtesting Angel to my satisfaction Monday, so this should be quick. :pray:

whitestuff
August 5th, 2008, 03:25 AM

He looks good. The stats, points, art, spelling and left box all look right.

My only thought is about the 6 needed for the Aerial ability. It just seems a bit low...

UranusPChicago
August 5th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I like Angel a lot as well, but I noticed that you lowered his points since I printed out the card. All the verbage is good to go as far as I am concerned and would get an immediate thumbs up, but I am concerned about the points.

With an attack of 3, Angel is certainly not a powerhouse, but with a Defense of 4, attack avoidance 75% of the time, and one wound healing per round, it seems in my little Theoryscape head that he is going to be soaking up a lot of attacks before he finally dies. The futile attacks on this 100 point increase the value of other figures in your army. You originally had him priced at 140, if I remember correctly. I would at least raise him back up to 120.

He is not a one man wrecking crew, but through sheer avoidance, he is going to cause massive headaches to the other team.

hi1hi1hi1hi1
August 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Yes he was orignially 140, but we found with only 4 life he was dropping very quickly despite the Healing Factor. I have no problem bumping him up to 120 since most of my tests were one v. one so he didn't have many rounds to heal and draw fire.

One other reason I have his proce at 100 is because he just doesn't compete when you look at the other 120's. Kaemon Awa, Grimnak, Krug, they all would seem much better overall picks for the price than Angel at 120.

I'm not against a price bump, but I just haven't seen him preform well enough to warrent the cost. I think the big issue is he blocks 75% of Ranged Normal attacks when he himself has a Adjacent attack. He's shown to block one or two and then forcibly move adjacent and lose his edge and be destroyed easily.

UranusPChicago
August 5th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I had over looked the "non-adjacent, normal attack" part. Your reasoning for lowering his points to 100 is sound.

As stated earlier, I think the verbage is good so...

crispy66
August 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
We used this Angel for the first time last night, and I agree with the 100 point cost. He has no ranged attack, so he will have to end up adjacent to someone, which means he'll not use the Aerial Maneuverability, and he gets hosed pretty easily with 4 Life and 4 Defense.

The girl who drafted him ended up using him as a scout, and when he finally came down to earth to attack, he missed and then was out. No chance to heal.

In my games, he is still worth 100pts, and I think that the card captures the Angel character well - he never was a powerhouse. The best use of him in Heroscape games is as a flyer - sending him to grab/control a Glyph or somesuch, but not to fight solo against any but the lamest of villains.

Crispy

hi1hi1hi1hi1
August 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys!

Crispy - The battle report is awesome, I love knowing other people use my customs! That goes for you too UPC, I know you have 15 ;) printed out.

So that's two thumbs right. (I think it's obvious crispy agrees witht he card) One more to go...

whitestuff
August 6th, 2008, 04:06 AM
So that's two thumbs right. One more to go...Here it is :thumbsup:

I think that hi1hi1 must have had a feeling that there was a third thumb coming as he PM'ed me and nominated...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/ragman.jpg

UranusPChicago
August 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ragman is well done and the verbage is good, no needed changes that I can see.

My assumption is that the rags are a part of Ragman and therefore can be targeted.

If anything, I think his points could be lowered slightly. His "Suit" special ability makes him stronger, but moves him that much closer to death as well. I really like the ability.

As it stands, even without the lowering of points, I give it :thumbsup:

whitestuff
August 8th, 2008, 04:52 AM
My assumption is that the rags are a part of Ragman and therefore can be targeted.Correct (as far as I understand it).

If anything, I think his points could be lowered slightly. His "Suit" special ability makes him stronger, but moves him that much closer to death as well. I really like the ability.How big a drop did you think? The 'Suit' ability was hard to price. I'm cool with a drop in price if you guys think it is warranted.

As it stands, even without the lowering of points, I give it :thumbsup:8)

Jonathan
August 9th, 2008, 11:24 AM
A drop of about 30 points seems like a good start. Regardless, I like the guy :thumbsup:

whitestuff
August 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
A drop of about 30 points seems like a good start. Regardless, I like the guy :thumbsup:I've taken your advice and dropped him the 30 points. It seemed the right thing to do. :)

GreyOwl
August 9th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Everything on the card looks great to me, and the custom look pretty fun to play! However, the cost seems way too high to me. I'm going off a comparison to Concan the Kyrie Warrior, because the stats are identical. We have:

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Concan has Flying, Ragman has Limited Stealth Flight 3. Overall I'd say they're about even, but I might give a slight edge to Ragman here. Even though his flight is less than his normal movement, he does have stealth. Maybe an extra 10-20 points?

Then Concan has "Knight and Sentinel Enhancement" (All friendly Knights and Sentinels adjacent to Concan the Kyrie Warrior roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.). This ability is completely a bonus, though limited, with no negative side-effects. Ragman's has a positive and negative. Even so, I could see giving the edge to Ragman again, because his bonus doesn't depend on being adjacent to other figures. So maybe another 10-20 points here?

Concan is priced at 80 points. With the above, it seems that Ragman should be in the 100-120 point range.

Other official figures with the same stats (5, 5, 1, 4, 4) for comparison would be Sir Dendrick (100 points) and Master Win Chiu Woo (140 points), though obviously their special abilities are different and would have to be taken into consideration.

Thoughts from others?

wulfhunter667
August 9th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Good points, GreyOwl, but consider that, at the maximum, Ragman is looking at Move 9, Attack 8, and Defense 8, the points are nearly balanced. 100-120 would unbalance this figure, IMHO. I could see 200-220 though. My :2cents:.
Wulfhunter667

whitestuff
August 10th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I can see the wisdom in GreyOwl's logic, and Wulf's as well. Krug for 120 points can attack with 9 attack dice (twice) but his defense stays at 3. DW'ers have a high defense (like Ragman could end up with) and can survive on one life (debatable - I know, but DW'ers don't attack with 8).

How far should I drop his cost?

GreyOwl
August 10th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I failed to consider wulf's point. Even so, I still think it should be lower than it currently is (though higher than what I suggested before). Perhaps around 180 or so would be reasonable, at least in my opinion. Of course, points are so hard to judge accurately without extensive playtesting.

UranusPChicago
August 11th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I am Theoryscaping him in the 200 range. Realistically, I see him him using his Suit ability no more than 2 times within a game. Starting off with a Defense of 4 and no ranged attack will generally mean that he will be getting attacked/wounded earlier in the battle before he can start accumulating kills.

whitestuff
August 11th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I am Theoryscaping him in the 200 range. Realistically, I see him him using his Suit ability no more than 2 times within a game. Starting off with a Defense of 4 and no ranged attack will generally mean that he will be getting attacked/wounded earlier in the battle before he can start accumulating kills.180-200 would sit well with me. I think he would be hard-pressed to ever get a card full of kills.

GreyOwl
August 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I'd be allright with 180-200.

UranusPChicago
August 13th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I believe after a lowering of points and a third thumb, we will be moving on to another "victim"...

whitestuff
August 13th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I believe after a lowering of points and a third thumb, we will be moving on to another "victim"...I will update and post later tonight. I think the final cost will be 190.

In the meantime, a PM for a new submission has been sent...

hi1hi1hi1hi1
August 13th, 2008, 07:04 AM
. . . 3rd :up: . . .

:runaway:

UranusPChicago
August 13th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Ragman becomes our 14th induction to the NM24 club...

GreyOwl
August 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Well, just for the record, I'd like to give my http://www.heroscapers.com/community/images/icons/icon14.gif to Ragman as well.

The next nominee seems to be mine, so here it is....It feels kind of weird putting one up that already has a TNT version, but I guess it never hurts to have options.

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/BATMAN.jpg

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/BATMAN_S_UTILITY_BELT_P.jpg

UranusPChicago
August 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM
After a quick read...
To be honest, I don't like the idea of having to use two cards to convey all of the powers of an individual. I have seen it used with Batman, Green Lantern, Mandarin, etc., but I have always been a proponent of "if it doesn't fit on one card, it is not needed". That being said, this is not a judgement of what my personal preferences are, but of the verbage and usability of the card...

I Am Vengence - Seems very strong, definately stronger than Counterstrike. However, it is tempered by only working when Batman himself is wounded and only by an adjacent figure at that. Theoryscape brain overloading...
I Am the Night - Does the normal movement rules apply to Batman's move? Road bonuses, water, etc? What if Syvarris attacks Batman from the top of a gargantu-castle that is separated from Batman by a Grand Canyon type gorge and Batman successfully rolls for I Am the Night? Does that still only count for 9 spaces of movement? Still, that would be a HUGE, HUGE bonus movement for Batman.
Batline - Disengagement rules?
Utility Belt - It will be hard to track his "for the rest of the round" type abilities. Maybe place his utility belt tokens on the affected card?

With the myriad of powers at Batman's disposal, it will definately require a few games to figure out how it all works together.

GreyOwl
August 15th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I Am the Night - Does the normal movement rules apply to Batman's move? Road bonuses, water, etc? What if Syvarris attacks Batman from the top of a gargantu-castle that is separated from Batman by a Grand Canyon type gorge and Batman successfully rolls for I Am the Night? Does that still only count for 9 spaces of movement? Still, that would be a HUGE, HUGE bonus movement for Batman.

This is a typo. It should end with "...up to a maximum of 6 spaces". It doesn't make sense that he could all of a sudden move faster than normal.

Batline - Disengagement rules?

None specified, so that defaults to him being vulnerable to leaving engagement strikes. I assumed this was how it was done on the official cards.

Utility Belt - It will be hard to track his "for the rest of the round" type abilities. Maybe place his utility belt tokens on the affected card?

That's a definite possibility. Normally, I don't worry about tracking things within the same round, because I assume that can be remembered. I always track things that can last more than one round, though. But I'm open to changing that.

whitestuff
August 15th, 2008, 11:24 PM
My :2cents: which are in no particular order...

I am not bothered by the two separate cards, but it is a bit odd that the two cards have different colour schemes. I know it is not easy to fix, and it doesn't really change anything, it is purely a comment on aesthetics.
I think that the 'I Am Night' should end with Batman taking no damage and then being able to use his 'Batline'. Doing this would solve the movement issues.
I think that "I Am Batman' is a bit of an odd title for the ability. Utility Belt would probably suffice.
When can you use the Utility Belt? I think that when you can use it needs to be explained on the Batman card.
When he already has Batline, the Grapple Gun isn't really needed.
All of the Utility Belt specials would need to be in all-caps.
I think you could get rid of the peripheral card. If you put the 'Bolas', 'Flashbang' and 'Goo gun' into the same 20-sided die ability; moved the Batarang Special and lose the Grappel, it could all fit on the one card. The only other thing that is not accounted for is the Kryptonite Ring (the addition of which I'm finding a bit strange - Batman isn't really well know for a Kryptonite ring).I know that I mentioned lots of things but don't get me wrong, I really like this card. :)

UranusPChicago
August 19th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I was hoping to have heard more feedback on these cards by now.

I hope we can at least keep the NM24 going since the TNTs are dead in the water...

whitestuff
August 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Gencon must be getting in the way... :shrug:

GreyOwl
August 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I am not bothered by the two separate cards, but it is a bit odd that the two cards have different colour schemes. I know it is not easy to fix, and it doesn't really change anything, it is purely a comment on aesthetics.

This is primarily because I haven't bothered to create different color schemes for the peripheral card templates. I may get around to that one day... :)

I think that the 'I Am Night' should end with Batman taking no damage and then being able to use his 'Batline'. Doing this would solve the movement issues.What is the movement issue? After I corrected it to "up to a maximum of 6 spaces", I mean.
I think that "I Am Batman' is a bit of an odd title for the ability. Utility Belt would probably suffice.I can see that, but I named it that in order to complete the quote from the comics. "I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batman." I can change it if it's too strange, though.

When can you use the Utility Belt? I think that when you can use it needs to be explained on the Batman card.It should be instead of attacking. I'll clarify that on the card.
When he already has Batline, the Grapple Gun isn't really needed.Good point.
All of the Utility Belt specials would need to be in all-caps.Another good point.

I think you could get rid of the peripheral card. If you put the 'Bolas', 'Flashbang' and 'Goo gun' into the same 20-sided die ability; moved the Batarang Special and lose the Grappel, it could all fit on the one card. The only other thing that is not accounted for is the Kryptonite Ring (the addition of which I'm finding a bit strange - Batman isn't really well know for a Kryptonite ring).Two issues I see with doing this. One is that I think it would be too much text for the card. Second, it seems that it would make it harder to track how many times it had been used (since it is a limited number of uses). As for the kryptonite ring, he has used it on occassion, both on the Justice League cartoons and in the comics. I wanted that in there to create a weakness for Superman, and other Kryptonians.

I'll make the updates mentioned above, and repost the cards in a little while.

GreyOwl
August 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Here are the updated cards:

whitestuff
August 29th, 2008, 04:42 AM
It is looking good but just a couple of things...

The last sentence of 'I Am Batman' has the ending missing.
The 'Goo Gun' should probably be put fully in the second column. It looks a bit odd, split the way it is.

BTW, sorry I've been too busy to post of late, but where is everyone else? http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/bwhit89/net%20emotes/tumbleweed.gif

GreyOwl
September 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry it took a while. Here are the next updates:

UranusPChicago
September 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Sorry guys, my work "got wise" and cut off access to the site. My posting as a result is going to cut back quite a bit. I will still be active, unfortunately not as active as I was before.

FWIW, I still am cranking out new cards and hope to post a few of them in the near future.

whitestuff
September 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Sorry it took a while. Here are the next updates
Cool. The utility belt card looks great. The only thing left to fix is that you're using an em dash (–) instead of an en dash (-) ...

;) ---> :thumbsup:

GreyOwl
September 11th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Is anyone else looking at this card anymore? If not, we might as well shelf Batman and move on to the next custom.

Unless nobody is even looking at this thread anymore...:confused:

whitestuff
September 11th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Is anyone else looking at this card anymore? If not, we might as well shelf Batman and move on to the next custom.

Unless nobody is even looking at this thread anymore...:confused:I am but I've been waiting for other voters. I'm not sure where everyone else went... Everyone disappeared around GenCon and then they never came back. :(

UranusPChicago
September 15th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Let me blow off the dust and kick away the tumbleweeds...

I think the few verbage issues have been fixed and the card(s) is/are ready to go. I honestly still have no idea about the point value, but I think it is close enough to move it on its merry way. :thumbsup:

That makes two, who else out there can help us out?

Again, any and all input is welcome in this thread. Anyone can vote.

wulfhunter667
September 18th, 2008, 08:12 AM
The point cost seems a little low to me. Granted, you can only use a limted number of utility belt items, but each attack/item is powerful in it's own right. Personally, I think 215 is a better cost for the card, IMHO.
Wulf

GreyOwl
September 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM
What does everyone else think about the cost?