PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on K-Mart

Riggler
August 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I went to my local K-mart today and they were in the process of rearranging the shelving for the X-mas shipments.

I found myself a "classified" arrangement of the shelves. My K-Mart will include shelf space for a Master set and an expansion. That is all the information available.

With all the talk of Wal-mart, Target and TRU on here. If there is a K-mart in your area, that's a place that you might want to check.

Of note, I've never seen my K-Mart carry HS items, but then again I wasn't into during the last x-mas shopping season.

netherspirit
August 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM
K-ame-Apart sucks. :)

Riggler
August 13th, 2006, 06:34 PM
yeah, had to go there for some boxer shorts.

:joke:

markwars
August 13th, 2006, 06:49 PM
They eliminated K-Mart from this part of the world about two years ago.

jdtenor
August 13th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Great I have one next to Walmart about 10 min away :pray:

0rbital
August 13th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I checked a Kmart the other day. Master Sets only. I went to Game Daze in a mall today thinking I might get lucky and found only a Master Set priced at $50. :roll: Checked a couple Walmarts and TRU. Nothing. The Walmarts have had no small expansions for the past couple of weeks. TRU has about 15 sets of wave 3 but no 5 or Castle.

K/H_Addict
August 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Kmart in my area doesnt even have aspot for HS last i checked (who knows how long ago that was) so i gave up, but as Xmas approaches i will be keeping my eyeballs open

Agent Minivann
August 14th, 2006, 02:32 AM
I checked a Kmart the other day. Master Sets only. I went to Game Daze in a mall today thinking I might get lucky and found only a Master Set priced at $50. :roll: Checked a couple Walmarts and TRU. Nothing. The Walmarts have had no small expansions for the past couple of weeks. TRU has about 15 sets of wave 3 but no 5 or Castle.

I checked a game store in the nearest mall and They had MS for $60, RttFF for $40 and Sentinels and Monks for $20. :shock: I didn't say a word and quickly exited the store. Came by later and picked up some non-black d20's for cheap. (each player has a different color now)

Yeah, Kmart is painful to go to. I feel dirty after going there. I feel like I need to get the trailer park out of me. I feel like Walmart is an upper class establishment.

Never seen Heroscape there, but I'll see if I can work up the cajones to step in again to check.

Riggler, did you see if they had any Craftsemen tools there? That is the only other reason I could ever think of for going there.

Kane
August 14th, 2006, 03:21 AM
*sigh* Yes, K-Mart will be carrying Craftsman. I say this as a servant of the great and powerful K-Sears-Mart. They should be on the shelves by now, but if they aren't, they will be by years end. Wish Sears still had a toy section so I could keep a watch out for HS stuff...

Rajaat the Warbringer
August 14th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Yeah, Kmart is painful to go to. I feel dirty after going there. I feel like I need to get the trailer park out of me. I feel like Walmart is an upper class establishment.

I feel that way whenever I go into a Walmart...

My K-Mart just now started carrying the Master Set, I don't hold much hope for expansions there. :(

Kepler
August 14th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I feel like Walmart is an upper class establishment.

Wow, has there ever been a truer definition of redneck??? :D

:joke:

Kepler
August 14th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I stopped by the Kamrt next to the office this morning, and for the first time ever they had HS product. They had 2 MS and an Elves and Gladiatrons pack. However, the small expansion were $12.99.

But with this news and what we have seen at Wal-Mart it seems that HS is making a major push into the B&M retailers. A very good sign for the game.

jdtenor
August 16th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Found Heroscape at K-Mart today $39.99 MS & $12.99 small expansion now I have 4 places to look close home :D

B:T:L Matt
August 17th, 2006, 12:14 AM
I've only seen one Kmart with just master sets. Wanna read something odd... I've seen Master Sets at Suncoast. That's right folks, a DVD store. Here's the extreme drawback though... Each bad boy costs 50 bucks.

On a separate note... Went to check a Toys R Us thats about 20 minutes from where I live today, and to my dismay saw it bare-boned of anything heroscape... Well, maybe I'm exaggerating. There was 2 MS, 1 Orm's, and 1 Tundra... This store used to carry all 4 waves, master sets, terrain sets, and large expansions... WTF happened Geoffrey?

Zincdust
August 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM
K-Mart (in the Boise area) is where I got all of my Zanafor sets... They are now down to a few Master Sets.

chewbaccapits
August 17th, 2006, 03:18 PM
K*mart in Torrance, CA has nothing....

jcb231
August 22nd, 2006, 02:16 PM
I tend to think of Heroscape's Big Store Brick and Mortar adventures as a three horse race: Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and Target. Those are the safe bets if you want to win....ie score some HS product.

BUT....every once in a while, it can be worth it to check out the toy sections of other stores.

K-Mart is the most promising wild card....usually they have nothing at all or just Master Sets, but recently I've seen them get a huge push of Wave Four, which could be a promising sign....perhaps they are gearing up for Castles and Wave Five? If you still don't have Wave Four, check your local K-Marts. They aren't accustomed to carrying HS, so they often mis-stock the expansions over with the action figures, apart from the main game.

Another wild card, albeit less promising, is KB. I personally have NEVER seen KB carry HS product, but I have heard of them carrying Wave 2.5 in other parts of the country. I presume some of them might also carry Master Sets, but who knows. If you're in a mall and are walking past a KB, stop in and ask...otherwise, don't bother to make the trip.

Suncoast and Saturday Matinee have carried HS here and there. Usually just a few Master Sets, although I did see some Wave 1 there way back when it first came out. As with KB, check them out if you're in the area. Otherwise not worth the trip. The ones that I have seen carry HS had it sharply discounted and did not restock....so one should not expect it to last long on the shelf if it is still there at all.

Sam's Club has carried Heroscape product, or so I hear, and one would expect this to be true given their Wal-Mart affiliation. I have no membership there so I have not gone in any of their stores to confirm or deny this.

I have heard folks say that the larger Sears stores carry Master Sets around Christmas time, but I have never seen this myself.

Zincdust
August 22nd, 2006, 02:44 PM
Two other stores that carry HS products (if you are fortunate enough to have them near) are Fred Meyer and ShopKo.

Also, it states on the official site that Hastings carries HS products, but I have been to all the Hastings stores around here and in the Boise ID area, and not one of them had any.

Jormi_Boced
August 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM
I have a K-Mart near me. I should check it again. They never had stuff before though.

monkeyfish
August 22nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
K-MART SUCKS!!!!!
:johnwoo:
:johnwoo2: :banana:
:blowup:
:reaper:
:stir:
:bump:
:jotun:
:chainsaw:

brokeasajoke
August 22nd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Back when I was a kid, they'd beat you up if they found out you shopped at K-mart. Or you wore Wrangler jeans. Or you liked country music. :boxing:

LoneDragon
August 22nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
I haven't been in Kmart. I guess I could look, but I doubt they'd have anything...

antimas
August 23rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
The K-Mart near me in West Philadelphia is super Ghetto, they are very expensive which is odd b/c it is always packed. I havent see any HS products there but I am willing to risk getting shot and paying a few extra bucks for any HS products that I still need, currently I just need a castle set. :johnwoo2:

jcb231
August 23rd, 2006, 04:32 PM
The K-Mart near me in West Philadelphia is super Ghetto, they are very expensive which is odd b/c it is always packed. I havent see any HS products there but I am willing to risk getting shot and paying a few extra bucks for any HS products that I still need, currently I just need a castle set. :johnwoo2:

I went to an uber-ghetto Wal-Mart and TRU one time when Wave 1 was scarce and I wanted extra commons...about the time lava came out so I was looking for that too.

When I came out three guys were sitting on my car eating burgers.

Fun times.

ptucker78
August 23rd, 2006, 07:59 PM
The k-mart around here has never had anything Heroscape, so I don't know if they're worth checking, especially if their prices are higher. But then, if they have Wave 4 I could fill out those commons I want.

The KB toys around here had a MS or two in the past, but they were the highest price ($49.99 I think).

Sundance
August 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
Kmart in my area doesnt even have aspot for HS last i checked (who knows how long ago that was) so i gave up, but as Xmas approaches i will be keeping my eyeballs open

Ditto...i've pretty much given up on em'.

Agent Minivann
August 24th, 2006, 04:55 AM

I went to an uber-ghetto Wal-Mart and TRU one time when Wave 1 was scarce and I wanted extra commons...about the time lava came out so I was looking for that too.

Fun times.

You've got my attention. Go on.

sgbivens
August 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
It was December '05 and January '06 that we discovered Heroscape. We found that hitting all the Fred Meyer stores in the Tacoma/Seattle area yielded some older expansion packs as well as first edition master sets. They are not cutting edge for new product, but one cab still find older sets if you're looking to get caught up as a newbie.

sb

Yogi-Donnie
August 24th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I went to my local K-mart today and they were in the process of rearranging the shelving for the X-mas shipments.

I found myself a "classified" arrangement of the shelves. My K-Mart will include shelf space for a Master set and an expansion. That is all the information available.

With all the talk of Wal-mart, Target and TRU on here. If there is a K-mart in your area, that's a place that you might want to check.

Of note, I've never seen my K-Mart carry HS items, but then again I wasn't into during the last x-mas shopping season.

I agree! I have been checking my K-mart too. My local K-mart has never had Heroscape, but I went in there right before I went to Gen-Con. They had some wave 4. Which I thought was weird because the Walmart around these parts has only had one shipment of wave 4, and K-mart never has had anything. Too bad it was all stuff I had, but I will keep checking.

DeadlyViperAssassin
August 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Do keep your eye on K-Mart though. My local one, which is now a Sears Essentials, but which is essentially the same thing, currently has master sets and two sets of Zanafor's Discovery. Odd, but good.

LoneDragon
August 25th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Ok, I looked in Kmart today. They actually do have HeroScape. There was a space for the Master Set, but no Master Set. There were no tags on the shelf for any expasions, but they had a set of Wave 4 sitting on the shelf. Thats the first time I've ever seen Wave 4 anywhere... but they were $12.99. I might go back for the elves if I don't see it any cheaper elsewhere.

Yogi-Donnie
August 25th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Ok, I looked in Kmart today. They actually do have HeroScape. There was a space for the Master Set, but no Master Set. There were no tags on the shelf for any expasions, but they had a set of Wave 4 sitting on the shelf. Thats the first time I've ever seen Wave 4 anywhere... but they were $12.99. I might go back for the elves if I don't see it any cheaper elsewhere.

Look in places other than the game isle at K-mart. I only have this one K-mart to go by, so I don't know if this is normal or not. The Heroscape in the local K-mart here is not in the games section. This K-mart has decided to put them in the action figure sections right next to Gi Joe and Ninja Turtles with the Master Sets on both a shelf below and one above. Like I said, I don't know if that is normal at all K-marts or if it will change at this one. AND it can't hurt to go looking at the action figures, you know ya want to anyway! :wink:

Xotli
August 29th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Okay, so our local Kmart just had an EXTREME MAKEOVER (according the large signs out front). So we went to check it out. I have to admit, it's not nearly as trailer-trash as I remember. Remembering this thread, I popped over to the game section to see what was up. Only MSes, standard $40 price tag.

But here's where I slipped into the Twilight Zone ...

Right beside the MSes was a blank space on the shelf. The shelf tag read: Heroscape Exp.

The price: $6.99.

:wtf:

Anybody have any clue what's up widdat? Just a mistake? Or did they really have expansions for that price and there's a hidden cache of Heroscapers in my neighborhood who promptly snatched them all up? Or ... ???

theats
August 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM
suspicious...

jcb231
August 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM

Fun times.

You've got my attention. Go on.

That's basically it....three scary lookin' dudes, hanging out on my car, eating fast food, smoking, and poking at stuff like my windshiled wipers (sort of like when you see folks make the mistake of driving their own cars in the safari park and monkeys get up to no good). I waited around for a bit to see what they were up to and figure out what my options were (I was totally alone and did not want to confront three guys, all of whom were bigger than me, in a strange area of town with no police in sight) and after a couple minutes I finally triggered the alarm on my key-remote. They got off the car, dropping some of their food because the noise startled them, and wandered in confusion far enough away that I was able to walk over, get in, lock the doors, shut off the alarm, and drive off while they put two and two together and started shouting at me. One of them threw a drink can of some sort at the back of the car, but it didn't do any damage except get sticky soda all over. The only thing they really did was pull one of my wipers out of whack...it slid back in to place fairly easily though.

Yeah....I put up with that for Heroscape.

ptucker78
August 31st, 2006, 09:52 AM
I did finally wander over to our K-mart here and low and behold... They had heroscape. They had the Heroes and the Elves & Soulborgs sets from Wave 4 and a few master sets. Funny thing this is the only time I have ever actually seen any Wave 4 in any store in this area. Go figure.

K/H_Addict
August 31st, 2006, 10:04 AM
i might have to check Kmart soon. I have a friend who is looking for wave 4, but everywhere i check has wave 3 or 5.

headcold
August 31st, 2006, 10:08 AM

Hey Orbital, just a heads up. The smaller game shops probably can't afford the $5000 min order from Hasbro and had to buy the MS from Walmart or something just to the one they had. Not sure why they would even bother because after the markup $50 is too much (especially since I just bought 10 MS for $9.98 at Meijer!).

Riggler
September 2nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
KMARTs around me finally stocked the MS. They have spaces for the expansion. Being marked on the shelf since I started this thread, and not apparently getting in any expansions... both stores have put drifter games (games they didn't have any space for) in the space for expansions. Maybe this was just to make th shelves not look empty.

I wouldn't be surprised if the staff at KMARTS put the expansions in the action figure section.

Cave-2
September 6th, 2006, 07:43 PM
[quote="But here's where I slipped into the Twilight Zone ...

Right beside the MSes was a blank space on the shelf. The shelf tag read: Heroscape Exp.

The price: $6.99.

:wtf:

Anybody have any clue what's up widdat? Just a mistake? Or did they really have expansions for that price and there's a hidden cache of Heroscapers in my neighborhood who promptly snatched them all up? Or ... ???[/quote]

I went to K-mart Last weekend.
They had two of the four "Collection 4" packs with a $5.99 tag under them.-- I snagged them both for my kids. :D
I went to the other K-mart in town and they had Wave 4 at $12.99. ??????
Wave 4 and master sets are all I saw at two K-marts

The one K-mart had weird pricing I also got a few Video games for 6 to 8 dollars each while those same games are runnning 19.96 at WM ????

Xotli
September 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I went to K-mart Last weekend.
They had two of the four "Collection 4" packs with a $5.99 tag under them.-- I snagged them both for my kids. :D
So it's not really a mistake?? I might actually get some expansions at that price?

Man, I am so going to Kmart every day until they restock ...

LoneDragon
September 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
K-Mart... So that's where all the Wave 4 went!
I've been to one Toys r us, and mutliple Walmarts and Targets... and K-mart is the only place I've ever seen Wave 4.

~Yub yub, Commander!