PDA

View Full Version : The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread 2.0

Dartheyegouger
February 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
This will be the continuation of this thread:

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=7940

johnny139
February 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
This certainly solves a lot of problems, hmm?

Anyways, a mini-forum for our tournaments can be found HERE (http://johnnyland.myfreeforum.org/index.php). Check it out!

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I'll be happy with this, as long as the original isn't deleted...

And Johnny, is that new board completely replacing the old one? I noticed my account was gone, so...

MadNik
February 20th, 2008, 08:50 PM
WHA-!? WTH? Wheres the other thread what happened? Was it that Spongebob guy? Did he really lock it because it was popular? Oh my gosh... this is ridiculous.

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
He didn't lock it, but you'll just have to catch up on things. I'm not going to argue or explain anymore...

Trav11111
February 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
It looks like the origonal is gone; we will live.

I just found out today that gamecrazy won't have Smash Bros. in untill the 10th!

I hope that for some reason that I can get it the 9th because of my preorder, but it doesn't look good.

Dartheyegouger
February 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
WHA-!? WTH? Wheres the other thread what happened? Was it that Spongebob guy? Did he really lock it because it was popular? Oh my gosh... this is ridiculous.

It was moved to the Hangout.

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I would be interested on who actual can't view it now in the hangout and really cares. :wink:

Dartheyegouger
February 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Nukatha and Jandar's Hope, maybe.

johnny139
February 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM

...and me.

Yes, the new forum replaces the old one. It was the only way I could overhaul it correctly.

MadNik
February 20th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Interesting the biggest letdown of "The Road to Brawl" isn't even a part of the game itself. Its the loss of our beloved thread lol
^
That is not a sincere laugh out loud, but a lack of better emoticon

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 09:57 PM

...and me.

Yes, the new forum replaces the old one. It was the only way I could overhaul it correctly.

Johnny you are allowed in the Hangout

Trav11111
February 20th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I don't think I can see the hangout.

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I don't think I can see the hangout.

How old are you?

Trav11111
February 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM

johnny139
February 20th, 2008, 10:16 PM

...and me.

Actually, I'm it's most vocal opponent.

BTW, anyone who CAN see the Hangout, could you grab the Team Lists? I would be very much oblidged.

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 10:20 PM

...and me.

BTW, anyone who CAN see the Hangout, could you grab the Team Lists? I would be very much oblidged.

I know you are "against" it but you can still view it because you meet the age requirements.

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 10:20 PM

Then you are out of luck.

MadNik
February 20th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Hey, thought I'd let you know that I joined Johnnyland. I havent posted anything yet, but I'm a member now = )

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I've talked with a few members who aren't able to see the old thread, unfortunately....

johnny139
February 20th, 2008, 10:24 PM

...and me.

I know you are "against" it but you can still view it because you meet the age requirements.

No, I can't. It's not a "age" thing - it's a "group" thing, and I'm not a part of that group.

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKVAuioroNc&feature=related

Don't delete your save data.

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 10:37 PM
So how long before this one gets deleted or locked?

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
It depends on how Grungebob is feeling, I suppose.

Jexik
February 20th, 2008, 10:44 PM

I'd guess about 4333 more posts.

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 10:45 PM

Hopefully.

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 10:47 PM

Hopefully.

Doubt it.

MadNik
February 20th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Hopefully.

Doubt it.

You really have something against these guys (inluding myself... so I guess thats us guys...) Are you hoping this gets locked soon?

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 10:53 PM

Hopefully.

Doubt it.

If you guys keep being very off-topic, then it's certain to be deleted.

Now on-topic:

Check this out...
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jY70NKRm1Ws

Onacara
February 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Hopefully.

Doubt it.

You really have something against these guys (inluding myself... so I guess thats us guys...) Are you hoping this gets locked soon?

I really could care less either way...but I do know that the easiest way to get a thread locked or deleted is to start a new one after an Admin moved or deleted the last one....It is sort of like thumbing your nose at them.

MadNik
February 20th, 2008, 11:12 PM

Hopefully.

Doubt it.

I really could care less either way...but I do know that the easiest way to get a thread locked or deleted is to start a new one after an Admin moved or deleted the last one....It is sort of like thumbing your nose at them.

Well... if we don't have a thread for it, eventually we'll go insane, become web-trolls, and start posting comments about Brawl in other random forums. We'll do it, we're crazy like that. I mean look at Dragonfire's avatar... hes already insane :lol:
And come to think of it, my name has "Mad" in it, so yeah...
"Smash Trolls" actually does roll off the tongue easily.

Lord Pyre
February 20th, 2008, 11:39 PM
If you're not going to contribute, stop spamming the thread...

Shades fan
February 21st, 2008, 12:04 AM
If you're not going to contribute, stop spamming the thread...

It's funny you bring that up because he moved it for a reason which was to free up the space and unless it has been locked why don't you guys post their most of you should be young enough so as far as I can tell this thread should be locked as long as you have the other one.Just ask an admin to enter the hangout it is stickied at the top of a section.

Lord Pyre
February 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM
MadNik and Trav, among others won't be able to post in it, then. This is the "Other Games" section. SSB is another game. I don't see any problem.

Grungebob
February 21st, 2008, 12:44 AM
You guys are something else. :roll:

NecroBlade
February 21st, 2008, 01:39 AM
You guys are something else. :roll:How are they something else? They're trying to discuss a game in the "other games" thread. Apparently there's a problem with that, but **** like this- http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=15154- keeps coming back? :roll:

On topic, I love Melee, so I can't wait. I'm most looking forward to Meta Knight. He looks so fast in the previews, but besides that he's just a cool character.

Grungebob
February 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM
You guys are something else. :roll:How are they something else? They're trying to discuss a game in the "other games" thread. Apparently there's a problem with that, but feldercarb like this- http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=15154- keeps coming back? :roll:

On topic, I love Melee, so I can't wait. I'm most looking forward to Meta Knight. He looks so fast in the previews, but besides that he's just a cool character.You're absolutely wrong. they are something else because they complain for no reason, and attempt to create problems. Because they treat our forum like a chat room. I guess you haven't kept up, but I was asked to move the Smash Brothers thread to the Hangout. I did yet there is still complaining. The thread itself is useless, 4400+ posts of chat, and you can't easily go back and find anything in it if you wanted to. Now I have to deal with folks like you. What is your stake in all this. I'll state mine:

I'm not opposed to a thread about video games, I'm opposed to:

-Insolence
-Abuse of our resources (don't post like rabid bunnies in a chat room)
-lack of restraint (don't make a thread about every little off topic idea that pops into your head)

We need to maintain at least 80% ON TOPIC threads or the site loses relevence. I will not allow anybody to diminish the relevence of our site and you should thank me for it.

Trav11111
February 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKVAuioroNc&feature=related

Don't delete your save data.

Nice video :lol: . The other one with metaknight flying around the stage is cool too.

I was playing Melee last night and I found that when I play timed I do a lot of damage but the comp kept stealing my K.O.s!

I will post here because I can't post in the Hangout.

Lord Pyre
February 21st, 2008, 09:07 AM
We need to maintain at least 80% ON TOPIC threads or the site loses relevence. I will not allow anybody to diminish the relevence of our site and you should thank me for it.

"Super Smash Bros thread." "Other Games (Including board, or video)."

Seems on-topic to me.

@Trav, I haven't played Melee for so long, when me and my friend tried to pick it up, again, we were getting utterly clobbered... We turned off all the computers after that... :P

Grungebob
February 21st, 2008, 09:16 AM

Seems on-topic to me.

@Trav, I haven't played Melee for so long, when me and my friend tried to pick it up, again, we were getting utterly clobbered... We turned off all the computers after that... :PI think you are also misunderstanding, so I will inform you as well. We provide an off topic section as a courtesy, and ask that you all practise restraint and use it sparingly. You all have abused that privilege among others. Now look up, up... All the way to the top of the page. See where it says Heroscapers? That is there because we are a heroscape site. AT LEAST 80% of our threads need to reflect that. When you post chatter to a video game thread it puts in top of the most recent posts list and gives the impression that we are not focused on Heroscape. Now do you have any questions? Do you need me to review your post history and point out where it is that you can improve?

bad_calvin
February 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM

Seems on-topic to me.

@Trav, I haven't played Melee for so long, when me and my friend tried to pick it up, again, we were getting utterly clobbered... We turned off all the computers after that... :P

Are you guys trying to purposely irratate? if not, great! IF so then shame on you.

Keep in mind this may be a bit of a playground, but it is not YOUR playground. If the mods/ owners don't like what you are doing in their yard then you need to respect it. You wouldn't want someone to come into your yard and start telling you how it's going to be would you?

Firemaster
February 21st, 2008, 09:32 AM
I'm going to agree with Grungebob. When Brawl was still months out, and we were still discussing the teams, the thread was useful. But now that Brawl is only a couple weeks away and the teams have been decided, the thread had run its course.

I would recommend any Smash scapers take what they want to discuss over to Johnny's forum (link's in the first page). Most of our future discussions relating to brawl will probably take place there in the future anyways.

All right, I've said my piece, and this shall be my last post in this thread.

truth
February 21st, 2008, 09:56 AM
Alright guys, here it is: Having a Super Smash Brothers thread doesn't really bother me. But Grungebob has received complaints from seasoned members, most of which are the biggest financial supporters of this site, in other words they are the people who keep us online and keep the forums up and available for you guys to come and talk about Heroscape.

The problem is you guys post to this thread so rapidly and so often that it keeps it hogging the top space of the most recent posts area, and that would be PERFECTLY FINE if this were a video game site, but it isn't.

And all of that isn't even really a huge problem for me. I still wouldn't mind. But it becomes a serious problem when you disrespect the wishes of one of my administrators. I have given them the authority to police the site and so I 100% stand by Grungebob's decision to move the thread into the hangout (where most of you are anyways) in order to try to find some compromise between you guys and the forum members who had complaints about the thread.

So I'm locking this thread down. I will keep hosting the other thread in the hangout, but I seriously suggest you guys take the discussions over to the awesome forum that Johnny has provided. I mean he went and set up a forum just for you guys, who met on heroscapers, to talk about smash brothers... How cool is that!? You should seriously shower him with praises and go make good use of his site.