PDA

View Full Version : Double-wide units...and a greeting!

spybloom
August 2nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hey, I was spybloom on HHQ, posting on and off, but I never got the memo that everyone came over here when HHQ went down. Sorry it took me so long to come over!

Anyhoo, I was playing Heroscape last Saturday with some friends, and it came down to my Dumutef against his 1 life Dendrick. I moved around him to get the higher ground, and proceeded to destroy Dendrick. My friend wasn't so sure on this, because how the Dumutef Guard was facing, Dendrick was on his side, and didn't think that he could attack sideways. Just looking for a ruling on this.

LilNewbie
August 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Welcome back. There is no need for LOS when attacking an adjacent (engaged) figure so it was a legal attack.

From the Heroscape.com FAQ:

Do you need Line of Sight when attacking an engaged opponent?
No, once you are engaged to an opponents figure, you do not need line of sight.

Newb.

Aranas
August 2nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
As an example, Krug can attack a figure behind him!

spybloom
August 2nd, 2006, 04:10 PM
Does that fall into the same rule as Mimring being able to use its Fire Line straight behind him?

LilNewbie
August 2nd, 2006, 04:32 PM
Mimring is a little different case since the Fire Line is an attack and Mims would need to be able to get LOS on any figure that is not engaged with him. From the FAQ about targeting and Mims:

Can Mimring block his own LOS? If he can't, then how can you determine LOS if he is blocking it. BTW: This is possible.
Official Ruling: When determining LOS for Mimring's FIRE LINE SPECIAL ATTACK and firing to the direct rear, you may use the tip of either long horn on his head as a targeting point. I know this is not in the rules. It will be eventually fixed, and in the rules. All parts of his body block LOS.

There is a considerable amount of people who disagree with the official ruling that a figure can block its own LOS but that is the official word right now. I don't consider figures blocking their own LOS during friendly games but tourneys should follow official rulings unless they state any changes to official rules in advance.

Newb.

fejkl
August 2nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
Spybloom, I see you're from Appleton. I live in Neenah.

To the point of your question, I tried to conjure up a surefire way to defeat Major Q. I would summon Major X adjacent to him and he'd be Cyberclawed, since he's only large. I figured if I put X behind him, than Q wouldn't be able to see him, thus not being able to attack him, or anyone for that matter.

Alas, I was wrong. :cry: To attack an adjacent figure, one does not need to see him/her.

monkeyfish
August 4th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Does that fall into the same rule as Mimring being able to use its Fire Line straight behind him?
I call that fire line fart. my :2cents: