Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:53 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Dünd

The Book of Dünd
Orm's Return - "Heroes of Laur"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: The hunting hounds of Nullondia are legendary for their ability to track anything anywhere. They are simply more intelligent and cunning than any other animals. However, these traits are not what make them ideal for tracking. It is their ability to trick quarry into doing exactly what they want that makes them superior hunters. Amongst these Doggin, Dünd is a sovereign. Not only is he a superior tracker, but Dünd has the ability to simply paralyze his prey with fear. His mere glance is enough to stop all but the most skilled of warriors in their tracks, rendering them helpless and an easy target. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- CRIPPLING GAZE 15 : Engagement Requirements
Can I use Dünd's Crippling Gaze 15 on a figure within the 5 clear sight spaces if Dünd is engaged to a different figure?
Yes, it's a special power, not an attack. Because of that, it is not covered under the engagement rules. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- Agent Skahen: - Cover Fire - When Agent Skahen wounds an opponent's figure Dünd may move up to 4 spaces if he is within 8 clear sight spaces of Agent Skahen.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- Otonashi: Tricky Speed 4 - If Otonashi begins her move adjacent to Dünd she may move 4 additional spaces.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Dünd- Dünd's uses are few, but a good roll can greatly hurt the opponent. C-

OEAO: C-

Cleon: Tier 3 (182/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C-

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Dünd

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 02:26 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I still like Dund, despite the constant mockery he endures. He has only a few real uses, sure, but they are good ones....here they are, starting with the best and going down to the least useful.

1. Use him to counter a swarm army. If your opponent drafts 10 sets of Venocs or something equally insane, Dund's your man. I've used him with good results against Orc armies and Viper armies. Drop order marker 1 on him and if he succedes your opponent may very well start crying as you dance through his ranks for the rest of the round beheading his troops.

2. Use him late in the game to cripple the one or two cards your opponent is reduced to, for easier killing. If your opponent has dumped all his markers on a wounded Braxas and is fighting for his life, knocking even one turn away from him can lock in your victory.

3. Use him to slow down enemies so that your slower moving squads (Zombies, Knights) can catch up and kill without mercy.
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dund's the doggin I don't draft as much as I should.
Thanks to the last NorCal tournament and its pre-set armies, we managed some good playtime with Dund.
Even if he doesn't make the Crippling roll, it's substantial the havoc he can create on your opponent's strategy.
And I agree, late in the game when the cards have been thinned out for your opponent, he's still viable, messin' with your opponent's thinking.
Now if I can just manage to correctly set Dund up in order to fullfill the 'before moving' requisite.

* Oh, use Dund in large quantities when faced against any CCC common horde army.
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:21 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Now if I can just manage to correctly set Dund up in order to fullfill the 'before moving' requisite.
[/i]
This is a curse and a blessing, it makes the ability harder to use but you can plan your move better. If Krug now has no order markers on him Dund moves in for the kill but if that gaze doesn't work it's time to run away.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM

hellerch has disabled reputation
I came up with the best use for Dund. My bro always picks the krav maga, and for the first couple rounds, puts all order markers on them. KM, meet dund.

I'm gonna Airborne Infantry your @$$!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Orc armies fear dund. Dund eats orc armies for breakfast.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This is quite possibly the best article ever written about the under-used doggin....

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10568

Old August 20th, 2007, 02:33 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Dund does not suck, one game he stops my rats from moving which they had 2 order markers on them and then killed two Krav, finishing them in two turns before they got to move. I never got to move that round.

I think people don't know how to use him and used him. He did terribly and they never picked him up again. Read that article and then use Dund, I dare you... tell me how it went once your done.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 20th, 2007, 03:30 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
With the newer upcoming units, (Kato Katsuro specifically), Dund will prove to be a handy unit to use. This guy will allow you to move any Ashigaru/Samurai squad, or a Hero!!! Take those order markers away, and you could cripple the entire army!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old August 20th, 2007, 03:42 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
With the newer upcoming units, (Kato Katsuro specifically), Dund will prove to be a handy unit to use. This guy will allow you to move any Ashigaru/Samurai squad, or a Hero!!! Take those order markers away, and you could cripple the entire army!
How you get Dund close enough to Kato to Gaze him though is still a pretty tough argument. I mean, in a 500 point game this guy should have 24 figures standing in front of him. Good luck with that
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:01 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Maybe you could have Lindsay summon him over to Kato? Either that, or try to get close enough so that the #3 order marker will be enough to move Dund into range and then pray for initiative....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Bl00DDeMoN has disabled reputation
I find Dund very effective in teamgames and especially if you use him near the end of the game. It can have suprising effects.

My map creations

"Bravery calls my name
In the sound of the wind in the night
My sword will drink blood
And I will fight, Yes I will fight
In the dawn of battle"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units