Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Varkaanan Swiftfangs

The Book of Varkaanan Swiftfangs

C3V Wave 4 - Aquilla's Answer - Blades and Fangs

Printer-Friendly PDF
Basic Side & Alternative Card:
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit are Confrontation figures from the Wolfen of Yllia set. They are available in the Wolfen of Yllia Fangs Unit Box (4 figures) or the Wolfen Army Box Set (4 figures). The name of the figure is Wolfen Fangs.

Character Bio: The first of the wolf pack is the Varkaanan Swoftfangs. These wolves are skilled at getting the jump on their enemies before they can react. Your opponent needs to be ready for the Swiftfangs at the start of each round, because order marker #1 makes them quick and powerful assessins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special powers
WOLF PACK
After revealing an Ordre Marker on the Varkaanan Swiftfangs' card, before taking that turn with the Swiftfangs, you may choose one other Unique Wolf Army Card you control and take a turn with it. You may not attack with more figures from the chosen Army Card than the number of destroyed Varkaanan Swiftfangs on this card.

FIRST STRIKE
When Order Marker 1 is revealed on the Varkaanan Swiftfangs, add 2 to their Move number and 1 extra attack die for that turn.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • WOLF PACK : How many attacks ?
    Q. :
    When using the Varkaanan Swiftfangs' Wolf Pack to take a turn with another Unique Wolf Squad, if a Swiftfang is destroyed during that other squad's turn (for example, by Dying Swipe), am I then able to attack with an additional member of the other Unique Wolf Squad?
    A. : Yes. You may attack with a number of figures equal to the number of destroyed Varkaanan Swiftfangs, even if one or more (or even all) of those Swiftfangs was destroyed during the other Unique Wolf Squad's turn. Contrariwise, if one or more Swiftfangs are revived during the other Unique Wolf Squad's turn (e.g., by the Glyph of Sturla), that will decrease the number of remaining attacks you may make.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits OfferedSynergy Benefits Received
  • ARKTOS : HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As Hunter figures, Varkaanan Swiftfangs adjacent to Arktos may receive an additional attack die.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index
The early strike force that establishes board position for the Varks. B+

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by superfrog; January 22nd, 2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added links to the others Varkaanans.
Old July 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Varkaanan Swiftfangs

Nice Book, DL.

Not that it really matters, but Khosumet can also be activated by Wolf Pack.
Old July 25th, 2013, 05:46 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When is the number of dead wolves looked at to know with how many of bonding wolves one can attack ? Before the bonding turn ? Before the attack during the bonding turn ? at any time ?

Let's say I reveals a marker on Swiftfangs, one of them being dead. I choose to use Wolf Pack to activate my Quickblades.

1) With the movement of the Quickblades, I trigger a Mitonsoul Glyph, and one of the Swiftfangs dies. Can I attack with 2 Quickblades now ? (At the begining of the turn, only 1 Swiftfangs was dead, but at the begining of the attack, they are two of them dead)

2) Instead of revealing Mitonsoul, one of my Quickblades attacks and kill one of my Swiftfangs. Can another Quickblade attacks, now that there are 2 Swiftfangs dead ?
Old July 25th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
2) Instead of revealing Mitonsoul, one of my Quickblades attacks and kill one of my Swiftfangs. Can another Quickblade attacks, now that there are 2 Swiftfangs dead ?
Sooo crazy situation, but that's a good question !

French Forum's admin.
Old July 25th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Sooo crazy situation, but that's a good question !
Haha, yeah, I searched a lot for a situation where this could be a good play or at least a not awful play ^_^

- If the killed swiftfang is adjacent to an opponent Varkaanan blade dancer, killing it would deprive the blade dancer of a defense dice when your second quickblade attacks (if it is possible).
- If the killed swiftfang was totally blocking your way and was blocked by Major X17
- ... should I even continue ? XD

A less crazy situation would be if the first attacking Quickblade kills a Frost Giant that in turn kills a Swiftfang with its dying swipe.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Marcel Marceau

Quote:
A less crazy situation would be if the first attacking Quickblade kills a Frost Giant that in turn kills a Swiftfang with its dying swipe.
This one is more possible !!

French Forum's admin.
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I think you check before each attack, so you could attack with another Quickblade after the FG killed a Swiftfang. I might be wrong, though.

A similar totally crazy situation (this one's not unclear rules-wise, though) would be if you had 3 Swiftfangs dead, so you moved and attacked with another 3 (the Darkclaws, say) with Wolf Pack. Then, after attacking with the third Darkclaw, your opponent's Rat Scattered onto Sturla and revived your other 3 Swiftfangs, so you got to move+attack with 7 Wolves in one OM.

Old July 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Remove "THE" from the title please!
Old July 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The VC Rules Team is currently looking at the "does the bonding squad get an extra attack if a figure from the OM-bearing card dies during the Wolf Pack turn" question. We'll try to get back to you with our characteristic swiftness.
Old July 25th, 2013, 02:02 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Varkaanan Swiftfangs

Well, Hydras lose attacks if they take damage mid-attack (such as via Counterstrike), so it stands to reason that losing guys mid-bonding would allow more attacks with the bonded wolves. But that's just my interpretation.
Old August 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Does "Wolf Pack" if all the Varkaanan Swiftfangs are dead? I would assume the answer is no, but I'll check with you guys first.

~JS
Old August 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Does "Wolf Pack" if all the Varkaanan Swiftfangs are dead? I would assume the answer is no, but I'll check with you guys first.

~JS
Nope, since you can't take a turn with a dead card.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs