Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 13th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Mongul

The Book of Mongul

C3G DC WAVE 13
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Legacy set.
Its model number and name are #092 / Mongul.

Character Bio - After stealing possession of the dreaded machine planet Warworld, Mongul has been bent on conquering any planet he deems of value. While his mobile warring planet searches the galaxy for new planets and lifeforms to conquer and enslave, Mongul holds gladitorial games upon Warworld, using the denizens and slaves of Warworld as his personal gladiators. This tyrannical behavior has brought Mongul into conflict with Superman several times, as Superman aims to free the inhabitants of Warworld and protect the galaxy from Warworld's domination, Mongul aims to enslave Superman and make him Warworld's personal champion gladiator. Eventually, Mongul forms an evil alliance with Cyborg Superman and together they destroy Coast City after the death of the real Superman. The Justice League with the help of Green Lantern: Hal Jordan and the newly resurrected Superman take the fight to Warworld and drive the mobile Space Station Planet out of Earth's Orbit, and kills Mongul in the process.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: png
Old October 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Mongul

NAME = MONGUL

SPECIES = WARWORLDER
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = TYRANNICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 340

MONGUL'S CHAMPION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Champion Hero you control to be Mongul’s Champion. When Mongul‘s Champion is within 4 clear sight spaces of Mongul and attacks with a normal attack or a leaving engagement attack, roll one additional attack die. If Mongul's Champion is destroyed, you may choose a new Unique Champion Hero you control to be Mongul's Champion.

AMULET ENERGY BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3 + Special. Attack 3 + Special.
Before attacking, you may remove any number of unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add 1 to the Range number and 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled for each removed Order Marker.

WARWORLD’S ORBITAL ASSAULT
After taking a turn with Mongul or Mongul's Champion, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and choose a space on the battlefield. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure on the chosen space or within 1 space of the chosen space, one at a time. If you roll 15 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Viegon; December 26th, 2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: New "within 1 space" wording
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mongul - Designing

Very nice design. I don't know much about this character at all so can you write up a bio that explains why these powers work for him?
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:22 PM

Later. Just briefly though, he is the ruler of Warworld: a mobile machine planet (space station) that has advanced alien weaponry and is occupied by thousands of its warring denizens who compete in gladiatorial games. Superman was once brought to this Warworld and forced to fight its champion Draaga. Superman defeated Draaga but shamed him by refusing to kill him. This was a terrible upset to Mongul and his crew, and they have hated Superman ever since. Where Draaga decided to take the tattered cape of Superman and forced himself to wear it and his colors in remembrance of the one who showed him mercy.

Mongul is a very ruthless conqueror who is highly intelligent in the ways of war and manipulation/intimidation. He has alien tech that allows him to fire beams from the amulet in his chest, teleport, and have a mental connection to the entire Warworld.
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I really don't like the special attack. It's not a special attack! It's a special move.

As for the other 2 powers, they are fine but are they appropriate on his card? They seem more like map or scenario specific powers.

I'm not really feeling this design captures Mongul himself as a separate character that moves around on any map that isn't related to Warworld.
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM

I think Bats had some of the same issues, and honestly, it sounds like you have the same problem as Bats did, you don't have a lot of knowledge of Mongul I, but have been over exposed to Mongul II.

Mongul I is not that great of a fighter. He is strong and wise, but not Superman's equal like Mongul II is. Mongul I is almost completely tied to Warworld. That is what he was always written around. Also, we have plenty of official and C3G Special Attacks that are maneuvering and attacking powers. Something Mongul used frequently back in the day was his teleporting powers, and he did it in a way where he would surprise attack people with either his chest amulet, vision beams, or a punch. I really wanted to capture that.
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks fine to me. I have no problem with this guy being irrelevant on any Earthly battlefield. He's a Warworlder, it's what he does.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Well actually there were 2 versions of Mongul I, the first which was more powerful then Superman & the other retconned version which wasn't. I agree that he was very much tied to Warworld but in respect to the HS game I don't believe every map should be treated like it is Warworld. Or that Warworld is orbiting whatever planet the map would be apart of. Yes that has happened but that was an event level story arc.

I just don't buy that he should be related to Warworld when he is on any generic map.

As for Special Attack, I totally agree that it something he did characteristically, I just am not buying it as a special attack in HS as it is currently written. BTW the fact that you just had chest blast instead of something related to the amulet is why I thought you trying to depict Mongul II, as I used an amulet & II had it as part of armour.
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Has this guy ever visited another planet without Warworld being involved in a conquest bit, though? So I'm not sure his character makes sense on a generic map anyway ...
Maybe the special attack should be a movement power instead, like you said?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Maybe we should put a special rule in that he can't be drafted on a non-Warworld map? If such a thing can be defined. Because I do agree that this design doesn't make any sense on a generic map.

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:44 PM

I believe there were a few times he came to earth with his army & only when he saw he was loosing did he either teleport superman back to warworld or bring warworld to orbit earth & attack.

So yes he has been off Warworld.
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know this character, so I can't help much with the theme issues.

I like the SA and Planetary Assault. Seem like simple and fun powers.

By reading the bio and seeing the comments so far, this guy seems more like a Ruler than a Conqueror.

I'm a little confused by the first power. So you're picking any hero you control to roll an additional attack and LEA die.
- Is Mongul selecting that person to be the gladiator?
- Can he choose himself?
- A marker is needed or you'll never remember
- Seems like too easy of an attack boost for figures like Merlyn, could you limit it to figures with SS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library