Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Mass Master

The Book of Mass Master

C3G MARVEL WAVE 14
FANTASTIC ADVENTURES

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #014 / Mass Master.

Character Bio - Jack Power was born to Dr. James Power and Margaret Power. He was a founding member of the superhero team Power Pack. Brash and ornery, Jack is the "wild child" of the Power siblings. The third oldest of the four Power siblings, he was 7 years old when he was given her powers by Aelfyre Whitemane, a dying Kymellian noble. Jack has the power of control over his own density. Initially, he was only able to turn himself into a cloudy, gaseous form. After a while, he learned how to make himself small and dense. Jack's major defenses are his ability to "go cloudy" and escape from people who were physically attacking him, and the "Jack Hammer," in which he drops onto his enemies in his super-dense form.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Mass Master may remove a Wound Marker if he ends his turn adjacent to a Small Enthusiastic Hero due to his Kymellian Healing Factor special power. Current Small Enthusiastic Heroes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:38 PM. Reason: png
Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mass Master - Design

NAME = MASS MASTER
SECRET IDENTITY = JACK POWER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 80

CLOUD COVER
Start the game with one white Cloud Marker. Before rolling for initiative each round, you may place the Cloud Marker on this card. While the Cloud Marker is on this card, Mass Master can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and cannot be targeted by opponents' figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Mass Master cannot attack while the Cloud Marker is on this card. When the Cloud Marker is not on this card, Mass Master cannot use the Flying special power.

JACK HAMMER
After moving and before attacking, you may remove the Cloud Marker from this card and add 2 dice to Mass Master's attack against any adjacent figure that he passed over with his Flying special power this turn.

KYMELLIAN HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Mass Master, if he is adjacent to at least one other small Enthusiastic Hero you control, remove one Wound Marker from this Army Card.

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 30th, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Question on the SA, does each hex moved have to be lower? Can he move down, over (not down), then down to use the SA?

Maybe allow it to be attack 1, 2, or 3, depending on how many levels he moved down (max of 3 since he flies).

Given that he has a "Super-G" punch, should his normal attack be higher?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The special attack is a bit lost on me, probably because I don't know the character very well. Is that a wrestling move and is it something he really does often enough (iconic) to be on the card?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, and I don't remember your notes and plans for the power pack very well, but I know you wanted some synergies. Wouldn't a power like cloud cover be a good opportunity to create some synergy?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
The special attack is a bit lost on me, probably because I don't know the character very well. Is that a wrestling move and is it something he really does often enough (iconic) to be on the card?
It's one of his major abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Powers and abilities
  • Jack's first power was control over his own density. Initially, he was only able to turn himself into a cloudy, gaseous form. After a while, he learned how to make himself small and dense. Jack's major defenses were his ability to "go cloudy" and escape from people who were physically attacking him, and the "Jack Hammer," in which he dropped onto his enemies in his super-dense form.
I think he's got the theme spot on.

Cloud Cover might be better named something else, because he's turning himself into a cloud, not providing cover for anyone else.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
It's one of his major abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Powers and abilities
  • Jack's first power was control over his own density. Initially, he was only able to turn himself into a cloudy, gaseous form. After a while, he learned how to make himself small and dense. Jack's major defenses were his ability to "go cloudy" and escape from people who were physically attacking him, and the "Jack Hammer," in which he dropped onto his enemies in his super-dense form.
I think he's got the theme spot on.
So the Jack Hammer is a "move" where he is hiding in the clouds and falls down on his prey with a surprise attack. The current write up allows him to walk down one hex and attack with a defense negation..... I think that is close, but not quite "spot on".
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Tickle Pickle

Yes thanks SirG. He can change from cloudy to super dense. I like your idea for making it more powerful the more he moved down.

EDIT: Griff, what would you suggest for a Jack Hammer attack like this?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:30 AM

I think Hawkswoop is closer to the theme of the comic move "Jackhammer" than the current OP. Maybe we should look at that and start from there.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Tickle Pickle

That reminds me, he really doesn't fly unless he is in his cloud form, so something like this (after rewording Cloud Cover to only allow him to fly when the Cloud Marker is on his card):

Jack Hammer
If Mass Master attacks a figure that was at least one space away and three levels lower before Mass Master moved this turn, roll two additional attack dice.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Sabretooth's Devastating Pounce is probably the best comparison because he is landing on the opposing figure.

Also, if he can fly, height should not be a factor in using the ability.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
That reminds me, he really doesn't fly unless he is in his cloud form, so something like this (after rewording Cloud Cover to only allow him to fly when the Cloud Marker is on his card):

Jack Hammer
If Mass Master attacks a figure that was at least one space away and three levels lower before Mass Master moved this turn, roll two additional attack dice.
Remember you're supposed to wait 48 hours before making changes, so everybody has a chance to look at it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library