Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
C3G April Fools: What did you think?

Did they get you? Was it funny? Was it tasteful? Did you believe Balantai was Griffin? Did you participate in perpetuation of the foolery (whether intentional or out of ignorance)? Did you try to stop people from believing it was April fools? What was your favorite fake thread/post? Did you give people rep? Can they top themselves next year? Should I add a poll to this thread with "I knew it was a prank" / "I fell for it" / "I wasn't sure" or other options?

Discuss!

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G April Fools: What did you think?

I knew the Threads were a joke and the Balantai/ Griffin thing had me wondering aloud if I'd been duped. I had to reason through it. Even with ALOT of insider info that one almost got me. I can imagine how others felt.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I was extremely hesitent to even enter it, let alone read anything, and I was highly skeptical the entire time, the A3n thing had me going for a little bit, but once I saw the Griffin/Balantai thing I knew it was a farce.

I think you could always do better, but as I told Bats, I have plans for next year, and it's sure to get the attention of all the heroes, but as I do ont know who I can trust, that is not already a hero, not to leak it, I will maintain my plans to myself, until next year, and then, I will send out invites to all the current Allies/Sidekicks at the time, asking them if they would care to participate, and swearing them to sercrecy as well. That is the only way this would work.

P.S. If you're an Ally or Sidekick, and you can convince me that you will not divulge it, I may just let you know, just maybe
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I was extremely hesitent to even enter it, let alone read anything, and I was highly skeptical the entire time, the A3n thing had me going for a little bit, but once I saw the Griffin/Balantai thing I knew it was a farce.

I think you could always do better, but as I told Bats, I have plans for next year, and it's sure to get the attention of all the heroes, but as I do ont know who I can trust, that is not already a hero, not to leak it, I will maintain my plans to myself, until next year, and then, I will send out invites to all the current Allies/Sidekicks at the time, asking them if they would care to participate, and swearing them to sercrecy as well. That is the only way this would work.

P.S. If you're an Ally or Sidekick, and you can convince me that you will not divulge it, I may just let you know, just maybe
There, I convinced you.

Old April 4th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Very clever, but it didn't really get me - I mean, my initial "someone screwed up" feeling dissipated when I realized there was only one page of threads, including a Clone Saga Master Set. So they didn't quite convince me, no. And so, everything in that forum was pretty obviously a joke to me.

A3n's "I'm leaving over extreme private personal issues" DID convince me, though; my heart dropped in my chest there. It wasn't until HeIsBatman's "Good riddance, you dirty Aussie!" that I realized that was a joke - he's just too nice for something like that. Griffin, maybe, but not Batty. So that got me, yeah, for sure... a gag within a gag. Very clever.
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Very clever, but it didn't really get me - I mean, my initial "someone screwed up" feeling dissipated when I realized there was only one page of threads,
Didn't you read the part about having lost most of the threads from a server crash?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; April 4th, 2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: <grin>
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
A3n's "I'm leaving over extreme private personal issues" DID convince me, though; my heart dropped in my chest there. It wasn't until HeIsBatman's "Good riddance, you dirty Aussie!" that I realized that was a joke - he's just too nice for something like that. Griffin, maybe, but not Batty. So that got me, yeah, for sure... a gag within a gag. Very clever.
Same exact thing for me. I didn't see the "Inner Sanctum" until after I read the post where A3n was leaving and I was completely fooled until I read Bats' "...good riddance...".
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

-The Balantai/Grifin thing didn't seem very believable since having 2 accounts is against site rules and it is highly probable that 1 of them would have been discovered and banned. Even if they had avoided detection for a long period of time, it seemed unlikely that they would publicly admit to breaking site rules.

-The cards/threads were thematic (such as Drunken Iron Man) but with it being April 1 was very easy to spot since you know to look for fake stuff on April Fool's Day.
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Very clever, but it didn't really get me - I mean, my initial "someone screwed up" feeling dissipated when I realized there was only one page of threads,
Didn't you read the part about having lost most of the threads from a server crash?
Pssh, no one reads stickies.
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are those?
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are those?
We'll explain when you get older.
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are those?
We'll explain when you get older.
How much older? I'm already working my way towards my third decade

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy