Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old April 26th, 2009, 07:09 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Map testing help required...

Let me start by saying I haven't played a Master game of Heroscape yet (ever!). Mr Toys where selling the RotV master set for only $30, I thought it looked like great value & fun so I bought a set for me & my boy & 1 for my nephews. My boy is only 5 at the moment & purchased the game about 2 years ago now. So I only get to play the basic game with my son. Sadly my brother & his nephews live 4 hours away. Since my initial purchase I picked up the Marvel set on ebay from US.

So now I have made a map with scenarios. My son & I have played the map using the scenarios but with the basic rules & I am happy with the way it played for us, but we don't play with a great deal of strategy (or effort on my behalf). So now I want to put it out there to see what others think & get some constructive feedback. As we only have the 2 sets characters I am interested to hear how people with properly constructed armies find it.

Thank you for any comments...

http://aslade.customer.netspace.net....%20Collide.pdf
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:33 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker
Re: Map testing help required...

It looks real nice. And did you do that pfd? It looks official.

This is the first map that i might actual playtest.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old April 28th, 2009, 05:46 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Thank you please do try & let me know as I did have a few other map ideas but since I haven't the opportunity yet to play properly (master game rules) I thought I better wait to ensure I'm heading in the right direction first. And yes I did the pdf myself, I use Adobe Indesign for dtp of my father-in-law's church newspaper (I'm not religious though) so I created it in using that. I can provide a template but you would need Indesign CS3. So please let me know if this would help you or anybody else.

Cheers
Old April 28th, 2009, 06:27 AM

miantanomo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Post Re: Map testing help required...

Hey, if thats your first map, its good! You keep making ones like that you'll be an instant success! Ya, it does look official.

Keep making those maps!

Miantanomo

Who him?
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:35 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

At first glance it looks very good, but I notice that there are only two small paths out of the start zone. That means that a figure on top of that mound will be able to snipe other figures out of that starting zone. Ex. Zelrig. I know you didn't say you use master rules, but there are other units that will dominate this is the basic game too. DW7k, Airborne Elite, Syvaris, etc.

Though the map does look really awesome. One of the coolest looking 1 rotv maps I've seen in a while.

Oh, and you should really try to play master. A lot of people on the site play master with their small kids. I've played kids 10 and younger at tournaments. (some gave me a good run for my money too!)
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:02 AM

Smile Re: Map testing help required...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miantanomo View Post
Hey, if thats your first map, its good! You keep making ones like that you'll be an instant success! Ya, it does look official.

Keep making those maps!

Miantanomo
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
At first glance it looks very good, but I notice that there are only two small paths out of the start zone. That means that a figure on top of that mound will be able to snipe other figures out of that starting zone. Ex. Zelrig. I know you didn't say you use master rules, but there are other units that will dominate this is the basic game too. DW7k, Airborne Elite, Syvaris, etc.
I want it to be judged on Master rules. I see what you mean, I actually thought the walls would help provide cover against that but from what you're saying it's made it worse. Thanks for the advise I will think on that & try another means to combat it. Would it create more urgency to move from the start position if I just removed the walls?

Quote:
Though the map does look really awesome. One of the coolest looking 1 rotv maps I've seen in a while.
Cheers.

Quote:
Oh, and you should really try to play master. A lot of people on the site play master with their small kids. I've played kids 10 and younger at tournaments. (some gave me a good run for my money too!)
I have been considering it, & he keeps telling me he wants to try. I just have trouble getting him to understand the strategy in the basic game. May be a sink or swim approach is needed. Maybe this weekend we'll try.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Quote:
I want it to be judged on Master rules. I see what you mean, I actually thought the walls would help provide cover against that but from what you're saying it's made it worse. Thanks for the advise I will think on that & try another means to combat it. Would it create more urgency to move from the start position if I just removed the walls?
Actually, I think the ruins help the situation. If I'm correct, the unit on top of that mound shouldn't be able to see over the ruin, meaning that whoever is on the other side is safe. I would propose turning the ruin a little bit so that you get a maximum amount of coverage from the hill.

Yeah, I think if you took the three hex that is sitting in the start zone (I can only see one angle, so I'm not sure if it's the same on both sides) and placed that as another way to get out of the start zone, you could turn the ruin to block as much fire as possible. As it is now, I just see units clumping up in those two exit spots and getting fried.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I think if you took the three hex that is sitting in the start zone (I can only see one angle, so I'm not sure if it's the same on both sides) and placed that as another way to get out of the start zone, you could turn the ruin to block as much fire as possible. As it is now, I just see units clumping up in those two exit spots and getting fried.
Thanks for the advice I will see how I can accommodate that idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios