Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old July 9th, 2008, 01:48 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

In the year that I've been on these boards I've heard from a good number of people who've said that Marvelscape was their introduction to Heroscape, but I don't recall a thread attempting to catalog the numbers and identities of all of us who were attracted to 'Scape by the prospect of playing Heroclix on a 3-D map with excellent rules (apologies to any Heroclixers I've offended ).

Anyway, in this discussion about the future of Heroscape the subject of players who were brought in through the Marvel license came up (starting around page 6 of that thread), and I decided to make a thread where we could raise our hands and be counted. So please post in this thread if you decided to try Heroscape because you heard about Marvelscape - I will try and keep this first post updated with a list of everyone who does so. Here goes...

56 Heroscapers who were hooked through Marvelscape

80's Freak
artemiscorso
Atombob1
Balantai
belgarath
Bill Sykes
blooded scion
boodog
brandonwiker
CHAZ!
CJtheMighty
clonedpoop
Crypto-Knight
DarkJawa
ellak96
EternalThanos86
fomox
Frostvii
Garada
generalgina
Gojira
Gunnbjorn
heroscaper2010
Heroscaper Guy
ibechief
Jdet
jschild
LarryKruger
lefton4ya
Lord Pyre
lwayman
Mars1912
Matt Helm
Ms. heroscaper2010
Name653
Nikmis
phnx911
Plordigian
RedPower
ROM
saywhat
sgt.heroscape
shelbass
Sherman Davies
The Silver Surfer
sinerG
Skwib
Snoop Greyjoy
Strange Love
stubobj
Super Bogue
TREX
UnluckyNumber
Vanilla Thunder
vikinglad
Wolvie

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 19th, 2017 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Updated list
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:39 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Did Marvel get you to try Heroscape?

I guess you could say I started with Marvel. I actually had done a ton of research on the game before I bought it. When I did finally make a purchase it was Marvel and 2 RotV. The main reason I got the Marvel was for my wife. My thinking was that if she started the game with characters she was familiar with then maybe she would enjoy it more. She loved kickin my butt with Captain America. So I guess in conclusion you can tally a mark for both me and my wife for being introduced through Marvel, even though I was already hooked before playing.
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

Some of my friends were playing Heroscape and I wasnt much interested as I was into Heroclix at the time. When I found out I could play Superheroes (albeit only a few) I then had an interest in trying Heroscape.
Now I love Heroscape!
Put me down as a "yes" to your question.
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

No

I will point out that such a question presented in the Marvel section of the forum will yield results slanted towards the Marvel player. Not sure where the best place to put such a question but you will have a large group of posters that will never see it because they do not frequent the marvel section of the forums.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; January 18th, 2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
No

I will point out that such a question presented in the Marvel section of the forum will yield results slanted towards the Marvel player. Not sure the best to put such a question but you will have a large group of posters that will never see it becasue they do not frequent the marvel section of the forums.
Well, I guess the point of the thread isn't really to hear from the people who DIDN'T get hooked through Marvelscape - it's more of an attempt to have a comprehensive list of the people who did, so being biased towards members who frequent this part of the forums isn't a problem.

I think my title is poorly chosen. Perhaps an admin change it to something like, "Players who got hooked through Marvelscape."

Also, list updated.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
No

I will point out that such a question presented in the Marvel section of the forum will yield results slanted towards the Marvel player. Not sure the best to put such a question but you will have a large group of posters that will never see it becasue they do not frequent the marvel section of the forums.
Well, I guess the point of the thread isn't really to hear from the people who DIDN'T get hooked through Marvelscape - it's more of an attempt to have a comprehensive list of the people who did, so being biased towards members who frequent this part of the forums isn't a problem.

I think my title is poorly chosen. Perhaps an admin change it to something like, "Players who got hooked through Marvelscape."

Also, list updated.
You can edit your own thread title. Click on in your first post, then click on Go Advanced and you can edit the title.

Last edited by Cavalier; July 9th, 2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:58 AM

Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Thanks to Grungebob (via PM) and Cav for the info about title editing. I didn't know that was one of the new site's features.
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Thanks to Grungebob (via PM) and Cav for the info about title editing. I didn't know that was one of the new site's features.
Glad to help. (You could actually do it on the old site, too. )
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:10 PM

clonedpoop Woo who?

I knew about HS and played it, but it wasn't until Marvelscape came out that I started buying myself. So you can count me in as hooked by Marvel.

Marvel Heroscape Expansion Votes:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733

Marvel Heroscape wishlist:
Scarlet Spider & Carnage
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

Quote:
No

Good point, however I use the "Today's posts" feature and wasnt browsing in the Marvel area. So put me down as "yes and wasnt reading the Marvel threads."
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Yes, I was hooked by marvel.... Don't you just love Christmas??

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

I can't say that I was hooked on HeroScape by playing the Marvel version, as I have never even played it. However I will say that seeing the release of the Marvel MS gave me a lot of consumer confidence in the HeroScape product and helped influence my decision to "Scape."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion