Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old July 6th, 2008, 10:37 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Poll-ution

I know I am not the only one who dislikes the polls...but at least I know why I don't and am interested in finding out what others think and perhaps we can stop the insanity.

1-Necessity Do we really need a poll for this? I find it more and more that the polls themselves are totally not neccessary and as I have discussed with several folks including Jexik the other day that ther subject in itself may be a great thread or conversation item but the poll itself is not needed and often turns people ofdf of the whole thing.

2-Incomplete Poll We have all seen it. Someone asks a question and then leaves an obvious choice out. Like "Which General is the Best?" and then only gives 4 choices. There are no do-overs on the polls so make sure it is right when before you submit it. Same goes for typos, misspellings and text message abbreviations.

3-Unoriginal This one drives people the most crazy...if you are thinking of making a poll you should try and search first because 95% of the time someone else already did it.

4-Binary There are only certain instances where a Binary Poll is warranted. For example...The Arkansas Scapers want to find out which of 2 Saturdays are better for their next tournament...etc. Where it usually gets used is in the example "What do you think of my army?" 1-It Rocks 2-It Sucks

5-Reduntancy within Ok you voted in the poll but unless you have something to add to the actual discussion do not post simply "I picked #3!!". It drives me nuts...it's like walking up to someone with an ice cream cone and saying "I got an ice cream cone" I see it sherlock!!!

Ok I feel better now.
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:56 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Poll-ution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I got an ice cream cone
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

I think we need a poll to decide whether we like polls or not.

Old July 7th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I voted for #3, but one and two are good picks too...

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:19 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

What do you think of this poll?
It's awsome!!!111
it's pretty good but not awsom,
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

It all depends on what the polls are for; if it for a custom constest thing ( like Lief's contest) then I like knowing what the majority likes/what they think is best. If it is something like this thread I think it is just about useless and should not have been made. Just my opinion. I didnt vote, because it isnt worth my time to pick one of the 5 posts.

( I bought an ice cream cone )

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:40 PM
has been BANNED

This isnt a poll or up for a vote...do you see what useless polls have done to you all?????
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:52 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I'm not that anti-poll

I like polls when used in 2 ways.
  1. to help make a crucial decision such as one I used recently "Should we start a new Hangout coN seeing as the last one tanked?" then options are yes or no
  2. or when it's an evalutation such as someone posts some maps, talks about them, and then makes a poll "do you like my maps" and then gives a good 4-5 options.
I don't really hate polls, but some just make me do the face palm.
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
has been BANNED

Re: I'm not that anti-poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
I like polls when used in 2 ways.
  1. to help make a crucial decision such as one I used recently "Should we start a new Hangout coN seeing as the last one tanked?" then options are yes or no
  2. or when it's an evalutation such as someone posts some maps, talks about them, and then makes a poll "do you like my maps" and then gives a good 4-5 options.
I don't really hate polls, but some just make me do the face palm.
This is my point exactly. When used properly polls are a great addition to the site but unfortunately most of them fall into one of those "categories" above and just leave a bad taste in peoples mouths that get carried over to polls that actually are worth it.
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks for posting this, Onacara. I'm adding it to the Index. Hopefully the right people will see it...
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Hopefully the right people will see it...
You're a real "glass is half full" kind of guy aren't you?

Old July 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

That is why my name is Grimm, spelled backwards...

I figure the least I can do is put it out there for more to see.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online