Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marro Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Ok hw about this army...

wk4c 220
some other guys 520
.......did you just make a grammar error? Omg.
No I made a typo.
Oh...that makes more sense. So, how many points are you?

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxanadu13 View Post
Wow that is alot to consider and you've taught me something I didn't know. I thought that stinger drain automatically occurs upon activation of the Marro stingers. Now I will probably use the stinger drain alot less as the 3 attack is usually adequate most of the time. However I will say that I always have used stinger drain in every activation and I usually only lose one stinger the whole game.

I cant help but love Su-Bak-Na though and yes I love to run 2x Marrden hounds but in a limited starting area, even 24 hex, they eat up too much space. But if I were going to choose between the hive and Su-bak-na, I would always choose Su-bak-na. Have'nt used the warwitch too much though. Do you think Kee-mo-shi's mind shackle is worth drafting her with Su-bak-na?

I respect your answers are comeing directly from the hivemind..
First off, I must say that I'm probably not the best player around. I haven't even faced any other members of the site yet. That being said, I know how the game works, and I do know how to put up a fight. That should count for something.
I would also run Su-Bak-Na instead of the Hive unless I'm running an ungodly amount of Stingers/Drones. The Hive doesn't have the versatility that Su-Bak-Na has, even if he isn't necessary for every Marro army. He certainly does help, though! As for Kee-Mo-Shi, she's good in conjunction with Su-Bak-Na, as he makes her Toxic Skin happen more often as well as her already potent Mindshackle. Her abilities are probably the only reason to use her, as while her attack is good (especially considering she can attack, use Mindshackle, AND use Toxic Skin all in the same turn), her defense is bad, simply put. It doesn't help that she's arguably the largest medium figure in the game considering her sculpt, making her an easy target. Use Brunak if you use Kee-Mo-Shi if you're not restricting yourself to Marro, and if you are, stock up on whatever else you would like in your Marro army. Stingers work well with her, considering that they can blow an opening in enemy lines for Kee-Mo-Shi to use, and are also great at killing common squad figures (since Kee-Mo-Shi has trouble against a lot of them). However, Stingers work well with a lot of things. If you're looking for more originality, then the Drones can tie figures up for her, and Ne-Gok-Sa is a tank, so his usability with her should be self-explanatory.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart

I will think of your reccomendations in my very next game, possibly tonight. But I want to squeaze in the Ninjas of Northern Wind.

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds good. Ninjas and Marro sounds interesting. Remember, the army choice is ultimately up to you, so do whatever you find fun and/or effective! Good luck!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

Personally, I dislike marro squads. I NEVER USE THEM. Now, I'm not saying they aren't good however. I would definitely stick with stingers for ranged power. and toss in 6-9 drones for sheer strength OR marrden nagrubs.

Here's my army (It might suck, but then again, I don't use marro.):

Marro Hive
3x Marrro Stingers
3x Marro Drones
Marro Warriors
Total 540

Place the marro warriors around any water next to the hive just to stand guard, and send out the drones and stingers as offense. (Does water cloning work in swamp water? I never asked, and I just thought of this.....lol. Noob question I know.)

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM

Yes. Look in the Swarm of the Marro Rulebook. I believe its in there.

ANY kind of water is legal to Marro clone for Marro Warriors.

Old September 1st, 2008, 11:54 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

Thank you Cat-Man! Ya that's right. I called you cat man. Meeow.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old September 3rd, 2008, 02:10 AM

Actually I have changed into a human, but every once in a while a hairball does get stuck in my thoat. Being human isn't always was I thought it was cracked up to be. I just can't get used to cooked rat...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion