Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What's your age?
30 to 35 30 17.96%
25 to 30 22 13.17%
21 to 25 17 10.18%
18 to 21 10 5.99%
Under 18 39 23.35%
35 to 40 26 15.57%
40 and over 23 13.77%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I'm 58 and can't wait to take my retirement so I can go, every day, to the mall, grab a food court table, set up a game, and lure other old guys into feeling happy again by playing HeroScape.
That's awesome.

I'm 36. I've never felt ashamed buying Heroscape. Or GI Joe. Or anything else I take a fancy to. If someone else thinks it's weird, that's THEIR problem. Not mine.
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:07 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
Quote:
I'm 58 and can't wait to take my retirement so I can go, every day, to the mall, grab a food court table, set up a game, and lure other old guys into feeling happy again by playing HeroScape.
That's awesome.

I'm 36. I've never felt ashamed buying Heroscape. Or GI Joe. Or anything else I take a fancy to. If someone else thinks it's weird, that's THEIR problem. Not mine.
Too right!
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:10 PM

spleek has disabled reputation
I am 27, out of college, settled into a career, and soon to be married. There are so many things that I have to do in life I fiercely protect my time wasting hobbies. If I am hanging out with my friends or SO I would rather stretch my mind with games & strategy than rot it away with TV or other, less rewarding, pursuits. Sometimes it even forces me out of my comfort zone, meeting new players and co-ordinating games and such. Maybe the rewards from HS are intangeble, and I do spend more time and $$$ in the toy sections of WM....but gee golly I LOVE TO PLAY!!!
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I'm 36 and I am not ashamed. I don't play with other adults mostly because I don't have any friend that are into these types of things. But that's okay, I originally bought HS to play with my kids.

An interesting side note. My wife and her friends were not into geeky boy in high school. Now my wife married a guy that collects little plastic figs (finance supervisor by day), one of her friends is living with a comic book geek (investment analyst by day), and another friend is living with a D&D player (college professor by day).
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:39 PM

gofry has disabled reputation
im 15, kinda young i guess
Old February 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
I'm 252 (in dog's years). I have six sons (really) so why wouldn't I play Heroscape. I am ashamed because one son told me there's another boy in his cub scout den who has more HS than we do.
Old February 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
There's no shame in embracing your inner child. Hell I am bear hugging mine daily.

Now if I was a LARPer....then I would be ashamed...but that would be my own hang-up and not a valid one for everyone else.

To each their own.

Old February 20th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Omnicron!

On behalf of our youth oriented and greeter upstaging community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

~Aldin, spelling "laurel" correctly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM

1shot_1kill has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Heroscape is a game that I can play with my kids, or my friends. It's also something that I can indulge the collector in me, as well as the strategic mastermind.

Same here, I'm 43 and I've been gaming since I was 19...

Rath Dé ort!
Old February 20th, 2007, 02:39 PM

1shot_1kill has disabled reputation
Quote:
I can see you hovering over the board muttering, "here 'scaper, 'scaper, 'scaper"

Rath Dé ort!
Old February 20th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot_1kill
Quote:
I can see you hovering over the board muttering, "here 'scaper, 'scaper, 'scaper"
It's true...I've become an HeroScape pusher, trapping the unsuspecting and covering my cards with protective sleeves so the old codgers don't ruin them with drool.
Old February 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
heh. I hear you. Heroscape is pretty awesome Rev. The nice thing about HS is how modular it is and how easy it is to teach others. There is bound to be a character or two for everyone.

I have been told that there are not enough girl models though. *shrug* whatever.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion