Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:26 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart
Shaman of Morindan

Quote:
Unit Name : Shaman of Morindan

General: Utgar
Species: Elf
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Necromancer
Personality: Tormented
Size: MEDIUM 4

Stats
Life: 3
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

SPECIAL POWERS

HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with a Zombies of Morindan squad or a Zombie Hulk.

ZOMBIE INCANTATIONS
If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, roll the d20. If it is a 13 or higher, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s large or huge figure, roll the d20. If it is a 17 or higher, replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombie Hulks.

STAFF OF MORINDAN
If the Shaman of Morindan is destroyed, place the STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph on the space where he was destroyed. A Hero may pick up the glyph, and whatever figure controls that glyph then has the power to use Horde Commands."
"Grim Necromancer #36 Deathknell D&D Miniature" Is what I was thinking to be the figure, but suggestions are always good.

I am trying to write stats for a figure that complements the Zombies of Morindan, and it would be helpful to get some feedback- I also wanted to make it compatible with the Zombie Hulk just because then it could work better with horde armies. Feedback?

(And yes, Horde Command lets you use your opponent's undead... so the Shaman would be a good boost to zombies and a good counterdraft to them.)

Last edited by ZAKOVANI; May 15th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM

Re: Shaman of Morindan

Last edited by ZAKOVANI; May 15th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I think it's a pretty good custom. While I like that you've kept him personally weak, I would also like to see his Move at 5 and his Life at 4 - just to give him a little more survivability. Or, keep his stats as the are and lower his cost, perhaps to 90 or so.

As for the Staff power, I think it's great - a FAQ would probably be needed to state that any treasure glyphs he is carrying would automatically be destroyed in favor of the Staff.

I suggest playtesting him and then submitting him to SOV.

EDIT: Be sure to have his points at a reasonable place through playtesting. I offered 90, but I am just theoryscaping.

Old May 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I integrated Zombie Hulk because I was planning to attempt to submit him after tweaking. I also will be playtesting him this weekend, and will work on tweaks then, taking into account *lowering point cost or *raising survivability like you said.

Edit (reply to your edit): I also think it should be a little bit more than 90, because Horde Command lets him control ANY 3 zombies or any 1 Hulk for a turn. That is the main reason why I thought it should be a little higher.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Go with your instinct, then test it to be sure.

Old May 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Will do! (This weekend of course.)
Edit: We are supposed to edit the original post for our other customs right?
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:19 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
Quote:
Will do! (This weekend of course.)
Edit: We are supposed to edit the original post for our other customs right?

You can do that alot of do. I always update my 1st post as well as put it in its own post in the thread. Nice 1st custom, + Rep. I to wanred a hero to suppor the zombies, and to a lesser extent othet undead. I created a Zombie Lord, who can replace fallen common zombies. Please feel free to check him out in my customs thread. He's called Oothvagos.
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:10 AM

One last point, Zak. If he is unique, then he probably needs a proper name. "Shaman of Morandin" sounds like an Uncommon hero. Perhaps you can call him, "Darkov, the Shaman of Morandin." Of course, the name is only a suggestion.

Also, if you make him a Lord, he just might have some really interesting synergy with something in the works. Just sayin'.

Old May 16th, 2012, 06:49 AM

Haha yes I need to name him still, and what's in the works that Lord would be good with?
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool, I like it. I think Tablewalker is dead on with his suggestions.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Haha yes I need to name him still, and what's in the works that Lord would be good with?
There would be some really cool and appropriate synergy with a Wave 15 unit.

Old May 16th, 2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
There would be some really cool and appropriate synergy with a Wave 15 unit.
Ooohhh C3V synergies.... Alright, I see no reason why I shouldn't change him so I think I'll go for it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards