Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 5x400 General Wars! West Chester PA tournament - June 16

I agree with Northgate. If there is one general that does not need the extra forces it's Utgar (Jandar also).

I propose:

Utgar
Jandar
Einar
Vydar/Valkrill
Ullar/Aquilla

I think that Einar is able to stand on his own (though just barely so). Although another option would be to allow Valkrill and Aquilla to be "mercenaries" to Einar, Vydar and Ullar (meaning you could use them for any of the three generals as long as you do not use them in multiple armies)

I also like John's idea of making the rounds random.

assign each general a number value
Utgar 1-4
Jandar 5-8
Einar 9-12
Vydar 13-16
Ullar 17-20

At the start of the event roll a d20. Whatever comes up is played first and so on. You could do all of the dice rolling at the start of the event or do it each round to keep it a surprise (personally I like the surprise element). If you happen to roll something that has already been played, just roll again until you get one that has not.

Or you could do something even easier and put each name on a scrap of paper and pull it out of a hat.

Absolutely loving this format. I haven't even started thinking about armies yet and my brain already hurts

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We could leave Valkrill out of it all together. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. I like Northgate's and Spidy's suggestions. Let Utgar stand on his own. I also love the surprise roll idea.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey! So, I deffinately need to make it to an event. Its just been to long since Ive played. So, you can put me down as a maybe. (along with my dad and toa....and my gf too. I just asked her and she said yes right away 0_0 )

As for the debates, I like the idea to let aquilla and valkrill be mercs. Itll make making armies easier for me. Some of us dont have 3+ of every squad. lol

I love the idea of using different armies each time, but facing the same general may be a little tedious. Iam seeing alot of stinger v stingers. How about you assign a value to each general? 5 generals...Utgar 1-4 Jandar 5-8 Einar 9-12 Vydar 13-16 Ullar 17-20. Then roll the 20d to figure out which one to use. If youve already used that army roll again or round up to the next one. So say it landed on einar the first time. Now for your second match it lands on einar again. Instead of rolling again (and maybe again and again and again) just move to the next one up. Which in this instance would be Vydar.

Just some thoughts. Hope all is well with everyone. Havent been on the boards much. To much school/work.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Put Jay and I down as possibles - I'm hoping to make it work but I won't know for a few weeks yet.
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay, I agree that Valkrill and Utgar should not be paired up. I think Spidysox has it right so the pairings will be:

Utgar
Jandar
Einar
Vydar/Valkrill
Ullar/Aquilla

Remember that with the 2 mixed general rounds you can include units from both generals in your army. For example, you can have Brave Arrow and Theracus in the same army during the Ullar/Aquilla round.

It seems like there is a lot of support for making the order the generals fight random. I am okay with this if most of you guys want to do it that way. If anybody has strong feelings about having a predetermined order, now is the time to speak up.
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

@Tom-Duuuuuddddeeee ths looks really cool. So you said June 16 in the other forum so I'm guessing that's the date? Also when you say "Ullar/Aquilla' does that mean we have to have uints from both sides?
@DS2-Haha can't wait to meet your gf.

Oh and tom we can be a maybe. (The Epic Bros)
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:06 AM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
@Tom-Duuuuuddddeeee ths looks really cool. So you said June 16 in the other forum so I'm guessing that's the date? Also when you say "Ullar/Aquilla' does that mean we have to have uints from both sides?

You do not have to have units from both, but you can have units from either general in your army.

I will add you guys to the list. Really hope you can make it!

I have uncovered the first problem with the format. Can anybody come up with an army that stands a chance against 4th Mass x 5 plus whatever for Jandar? I don't want that round to be really lame where everyone who can field that army does and everyone else loses. I have a few ideas to restrict this army, but I want to hear other peoples opinions on the issue.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:31 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post

You do not have to have units from both, but you can have units from either general in your army.

I will add you guys to the list. Really hope you can make it!

I have uncovered the first problem with the format. Can anybody come up with an army that stands a chance against 4th Mass x 5 plus whatever for Jandar? I don't want that round to be really lame where everyone who can field that army does and everyone else loses. I have a few ideas to restrict this army, but I want to hear other peoples opinions on the issue.

everyone who brings that army should be punched in the face by everyone else two times.

although then that would mean that our TD for this event would likely get a beating

on a more serious note...

It's the biggest flaw in the system. My thought would be to limit squads to no more than 2 or 3 of each for any of the rounds (this would also keep people from doing Stingers x 6,10th x 5, or any of the other uber power squads).

Also, I am now confirmed for sure. As long as nothing goofy get's in the way I'll be there. You can put Peteparkerh down as possible. He is not very likely, but will try and make it.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I personally do not plan on bringing any 4th Mass. or 10th for that matter. How about just out right banning 4th and 10th? I'd have no problems with that, and it would force folks to be creative.

Perhaps, as Spidy said, a limit on each particular squad. No more than 3.

As for a competitive non-4th Jandar build. Knights and Gilbert, Nilf and knights, Nilf, AE, and (insert filler here).

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:57 PM

the problem with banning units is that it turns the 2nd most powerful build into the most powerful one and the problem hasn't been changed much.

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
everyone who brings that army should be punched in the face by everyone else two times.

although then that would mean that our TD for this event would likely get a beating

on a more serious note...

It's the biggest flaw in the system. My thought would be to limit squads to no more than 2 or 3 of each for any of the rounds (this would also keep people from doing Stingers x 6,10th x 5, or any of the other uber power squads).
Yeah, I don't want to get punched in the face, but I would have to bring that army. I'm evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I personally do not plan on bringing any 4th Mass. or 10th for that matter. How about just out right banning 4th and 10th? I'd have no problems with that, and it would force folks to be creative.

Perhaps, as Spidy said, a limit on each particular squad. No more than 3.

As for a competitive non-4th Jandar build. Knights and Gilbert, Nilf and knights, Nilf, AE, and (insert filler here).
I don't want to ban any units. Limiting all squads to 3 was my first thought. My other idea is to limit the armies to 10 figures. I just hate to keep adding more restrictions though.
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

With the 4th mass issue, the most obvious answer is we all bring Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan and AOE blast those 4th!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events