Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 15th, 2010, 01:46 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 format

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
I liked the format from last year. I don't see the need to change it. Adding treasure glyphs might be interesting. The one great thing I did like about the new D & D scape was the treasure glyphs. If we make them random and say 2 on each board, it could prove for an interesting game. The only down side I can see is having to resuffle all of the glyphs after each round.
I'll second this idea.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:33 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I'm fine with the 520, I'd just vote against treasure glyphs. Anyways what's the next step if we're going with that format?

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...

Last edited by King of the Marro; September 17th, 2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:33 AM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Are there going to be any carpools or something? I can't get there on my own and I'd be grateful to anyone willing to stop in San Jacinto and give me a ride and I might be able to pay for gas or whatever.

Old September 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

So anyone here? I want to get a final agreement on the points, format, and whether there will be glyphs or not, so that I can be playtesting. I will also soon be hosting a small event to playtest/have fun around the O.C. area.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 17th, 2010, 10:57 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Please make sure this event is posted in the WotC prize support thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32440

Event organizer also needs to PM me mailing information.

Thank you

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:19 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Okay,
I haven't seen strong support for any changes in the format so I'm going with it as-is but with a minor adjustment to the rolling dice rules.
Please post further comments on the new thread along with your availability so we may build up our prize support.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32450
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
The more I think about it,the more I like the idea of a lower point total. Lower point totals usually result in smaller armies, and fewer games going to time, which is always good.
As I say, I'm good with lower point totals as long as I get to have multiple armies. Otherwise there just isn't enough figure variety for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Hey WFNB, could I suggest adding the following to one of your rules points. In the category Mistakes/Questions During Gameplay:

"Try to insure that all your dice are rolled on a flat surface. If any of your dice are "cocked" (i.e. not lying flat) or roll off the table, you must reroll all of them. (Again, your opponent can show mercy on you at his/her option.) All dice rolled shall be aggitated/shaken in some manner, either in a dice tower, cup or simply SHAKING them in your hand. Please, don't simply flop them out of your palm onto the table."
Yes, please. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
I'm fine with last year's format. But change is always a good thing. As for new ideas maybe we can use Glyphs, capture the flag, kill the general, or maybe use Marvel characters
Well, capture the flag or kill the general deviates from kill 'em all, which many people seemed to prefer (although kill the general doesn't deviate that much, but whatever).

Realistically, allowing Marvel is the absolute easiest thing to do to be different, because, if you don't wanna be different, just don't bring any Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
I like the idea of a team format, it brings an extra little challenge. I think we should rank all the people entering into 3 general categories. 1 being the better players, 2 being average, and 3 being newer players. We'd match up the 1's with the 3's and then the 2's with each other. This way we do something different, and the newer players have a better chance of winning and might learn something new. Each player would have 300-400 points to play as, and I also would vote that each team should only consist of one general.
I like the team format idea. I see it wasn't very popular though. :-/

Quote:
1. How are you gonna do rankings and hand out prizes (if we do have any) to teams?
If we were going to do this (which apparently we're not), I would vote for having a different partner each game. So it's not a team record you're evaluated on, but rather your record as part of several different teams. That way, you get rewarded for how much you help your partner even if you don't win all the time.

Quote:
2. Are teams allowed to have 2 of the same unique figures? Like if I brought an army with Marro Warriors and my teammate also has Marro Warriors in his army?
And that problem would be solved by having multiple armies. You and your partner get together before the match and pick the best pair-up you can make out of your two sets of armies. They'd need to be small to keep the games quick. And of course you just wouldn't be allowed to choose a pair which contained identical unique units.

Moot points all, of course, but it has some interesting concepts in it. We should file this away for a future date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
How about a standard tournament, but you can bring treasure glyphs with your army-each treasure glyph has a predetermined cost.
Like that idea too. Not sure where to get the point values from though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I think the whole mixing things up is great for keeping games fresh but feel that tournaments are best left with little left to chance (glyphs) or with reliance on others (teams.)
Glyphs don't have to be random, of course. In fact, specifically for a tournament setting, I would definitely not vote for random glyphs for that very reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Okay,
I haven't seen strong support for any changes in the format so I'm going with it as-is but with a minor adjustment to the rolling dice rules.
Please post further comments on the new thread along with your availability so we may build up our prize support.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32450
Ah, bummer. I got busy there for a few days, so I missed out on the discussion. No worries though; at least last year's format does allow some variety with the multiple armies, so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:40 PM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker

My God! That time of the year! would love to make it but that is the starting weekend that we moving!! Enjoy guys and will be waiting with excitement to see the postings on what went on!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day