Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' maps - updated 6/16 - Reset the Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I haven't uploaded any pictures for this post, but there are pictures in the .pdfs below.

Here is Hell In a Handbasket 1.1 in .pdf and .hsc.

Here is Hell In a Handbasket 2.0 in .pdf and .hsc. This version is probably much better and I think it addresses Typhon and dok's concerns simultaneously.

And here is Sooner or Later (a disappointment so far) in .pdf and .hsc.

EDIT: Here is Hell's Loop, which is more like what I wanted Sooner Or Later to be like. PDF and .hsc

Any thoughts on Hell In A Handbasket and/or Hell's Loop?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Hell in a Handbasket v2 is a different world, caps: a great improvement, seems to me.

Personally, I would probably add even more localized height to marginal areas. As it is now, the level-5 through level-3 areas are still overwhelmingly concentrated in the middle. I might suggest putting the level-4/5 perches within range (perhaps 4 or 5 spaces?) of level-3 areas, which in turn have LoS on level-3 areas further out, in turn on the level-2. That would give even more incentive to move off the middle, if occupying middle-height areas further out would still give opportunities against enemy units even lower down.

Also, the left and right sides are almost identical. Perhaps introducing a bit more difference between them would add interest. Maybe a path of Shadow leading towards a juicy spot on one side, while the other offers more jungle protection or LoS blockage? Something like that, to vary the optimal path depending on whether one is facing ranged or melee.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:51 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Hell in a Handbasket v2 is a different world, caps: a great improvement, seems to me.

Personally, I would probably add even more localized height to marginal areas. As it is now, the level-5 through level-3 areas are still overwhelmingly concentrated in the middle. I might suggest putting the level-4/5 perches within range (perhaps 4 or 5 spaces?) of level-3 areas, which in turn have LoS on level-3 areas further out, in turn on the level-2. That would give even more incentive to move off the middle, if occupying middle-height areas further out would still give opportunities against enemy units even lower down.

Also, the left and right sides are almost identical. Perhaps introducing a bit more difference between them would add interest. Maybe a path of Shadow leading towards a juicy spot on one side, while the other offers more jungle protection or LoS blockage? Something like that, to vary the optimal path depending on whether one is facing ranged or melee.
Good ideas! I'll mess with it some more and post a new version.

In the meantime, what do you think of creating void space around the center wall of columns? I tried it out in Virtual Scape for a different version of the map and it more or less retained its design--it just made it so that the choke points were truly choke points, and flying figures couldn't hop from one side of the wall to the other.

--
--
--

--
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:48 PM

Here is my latest addition. I'm very proud of how far it's come in my private workshop, but now I'm opening it up to outside critique.

Any suggestions?
This'l

.pdf
.hsc

Quote:
v1.7

Another experiment in unconventional map shapes for two armies of 400-600 points.

The Starting Zones are very flexible. They can be
A) blue + pink + yellow vs. red + green + cyan
B) blue + pink + cyan vs. red + yellow + green
C) blue + yellow + green vs. red + pink + cyan
Any combination other than A) will yield an instant-action map.

The two glyphs of Brandar are treasure glyphs.
The trap functions just like the Pit Trap.

The central glyph is optional. Wannok is also great as the central glyph, especially if no glyphs are placed in the ? spots.
The two ? glyphs should be the same. I suggest Wannok or Kelda. Kelda makes the center of this map very hero-friendly.

--
--
--

--
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: caps' maps - 5/11 This'l up for critique

I like the look of it! Does it use a number of sets or is it designed primarily with online HS in mind?
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:41 AM

I forgot to list the set requirements. Whoops.

I believe it uses 2xSotM, 2xRttFF, and 1 or 2 xFotA.

I actually have some alternate terrain builds that should be easier on people--I think I have one that's like 1xRotV, 2xRttFF, and 1xFotA. Or maybe it uses a marvel set also. I think I have a build that replaces some/all of the RttFF trees with Wall columns while still keeping the requirements at 2xFotA, so something like 1xRotV, 2xFotA, ~Marvel? Anyway...

But I want to get the actual map perfected before going through the trouble of uploading the alternate builds, since they're actually built differently (without changing the effective top surface of the map).

I like the green swamp look, too. I've had it built on a table in my office for weeks/months now, and have played quite a few games on it. I'd like it to be usable in some tournaments, even though I don't think I can cut the requirements down enough for it to be usable by the cheapskate types (like, well, me).

--
--
--

--
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I forgot to list the set requirements. Whoops.

I believe it uses 2xSotM, 2xRttFF, and 1 or 2 xFotA.

I actually have some alternate terrain builds that should be easier on people--I think I have one that's like 1xRotV, 2xRttFF, and 1xFotA. Or maybe it uses a marvel set also. I think I have a build that replaces some/all of the RttFF trees with Wall columns while still keeping the requirements at 2xFotA, so something like 1xRotV, 2xFotA, ~Marvel? Anyway...

But I want to get the actual map perfected before going through the trouble of uploading the alternate builds, since they're actually built differently (without changing the effective top surface of the map).

I like the green swamp look, too. I've had it built on a table in my office for weeks/months now, and have played quite a few games on it. I'd like it to be usable in some tournaments, even though I don't think I can cut the requirements down enough for it to be usable by the cheapskate types (like, well, me).
I'd certaintly be interested in playing some games on it if you could cut it down a SotM... The only thing I'm not a fan of are the castle walls separating the SZ being right on the table and not connected to other stuff. Perhaps you could place tiles under those and water or swamp water around them? It just would make the aesthetic much more attractive to me.
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM

That would ruin the whole point. If I put tiles down next to the walls then flying figures could fly over the walls. The walls aren't strictly necessary: they are mainly there to block a little LoS, but they don't make a huge difference, I think.

I have a 1xRotV, 2xFotA, 1xMarvel alternate build. It wouldn't be hard to do 1xRotv, 1xRttFF, 1xFotA, 1xMarvel/SotM build though.

--
--
--

--
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Titleless

Quote:
That would ruin the whole point. If I put tiles down next to the walls then flying figures could fly over the walls. The walls aren't strictly necessary: they are mainly there to block a little LoS, but they don't make a huge difference, I think.

I have a 1xRotV, 2xFotA, 1xMarvel alternate build. It wouldn't be hard to do 1xRotv, 1xRttFF, 1xFotA, 1xMarvel/SotM build though.
I see. I think that I'd prefer it without the walls for casual games, as they don't quite feel very traditional to me.

Also, I'd be very intersted to see that RotV and Marvel build. Perhaps I'll have to dust off my marvel set and give it a try if you upload it .
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:

I see. I think that I'd prefer it without the walls for casual games, as they don't quite feel very traditional to me.

Also, I'd be very intersted to see that RotV and Marvel build. Perhaps I'll have to dust off my marvel set and give it a try if you upload it .
Done.

Steel This'l

.pdf
.hsc

It would be pretty easy to swap out the appropriate columns for their intended trees if you prefer that.

--
--
--

--
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:10 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

These maps look great +rep, isn't the map competition already over?
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Titleless

Awesome! I'll give you a report after playing a couple games on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios