Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 21st, 2010, 03:36 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Colorado NHSD Rocky Mountain Rumble 2010

I saw the post about requiring 16 participants to get prize support. I've no doubt we will make it but I'd also like to see a good list. I can most definatly bring 3 more people besides myself so 4 from Wyoming. If everyone I have gotten to play and I invite decide to attend then there will be 7 of us from Wyoming and one more I would pick up on the way in Fort Collins. Now that I actually have a business though I may even pull more people in by then
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:22 PM

Dylan_B is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My son, Dylan, will be there. I guess if you need bodies, I can play, too.
Old September 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_B View Post
My son, Dylan, will be there. I guess if you need bodies, I can play, too.
Thanks for letting us know, and making your first post to do so!
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My latest list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
  1. dok
  2. lafleurhero
  3. lafleurhero's friend
  4. lafleurhero's friend
  5. lafleurhero's friend
  6. chief
  7. PHippo
  8. kpucblek
  9. Daniel
  10. Dylan
  11. Dylan's Dad (maybe)
  12. Revloscaper
  13. Elginb (+Troy? +Nacho?)
  14. Eric (probably)
  15. Generalrolando + crew (+2?)
Assuming GR is bringing the Seths and Eric makes it, we're already at 16 even without Dylan's dad playing and without Troy or Nacho. Cyberclaw16 (Ross) has shown up for the other Boulder events and my guess is he'll come, too. We could easily crack 20.

Last edited by dok; September 21st, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old September 29th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I talked with it a bit with people at the event last weekend. We played at Valhallas in Denver and I personally was very impressed with the place. If we could convince the store to be a sponser of NHSD for our Rocky Mountain Rumble this year and have it there instead of at the library I think that would be great. They have a lot more space, you can buy more stuff there. I thought the staff was very friendly. It's more of a centralized location than Boulder. It's actually about 15 minutes longer for me to drive but I think it's worth the extra drive. For most people it will be a much shorter drive. We may even get some people that are patrons of that place to join in that don't use Heroscapers. I'd like to hear what others think. Maybe it's too late to change it for this year but maybe next year? Then again starting next year I would kinda like to have NHSD events at my store, but then there may not be enough intrest and I'd just have to close the store down that day and bring anyone that may have come to Colorado instead.
Old September 29th, 2010, 05:22 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

If you guys decide to move it, just let me know so I can cancel my reservation at the Boulder Public Library.
Old September 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

All things being equal I'd rather have it at Valhalla's but when I say "all things being equal" that means we get as many or more attendees. If having it in Boulder means we get more of the Boulder crowd (Elginb/Eric/Troy/Nacho/Cyberclaw) then I only want to move it if there are at least as many people who would only go to Valhalla's. I just want to ensure that we get as many people as possible.
Old September 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
All things being equal I'd rather have it at Valhalla's but when I say "all things being equal" that means we get as many or more attendees. If having it in Boulder means we get more of the Boulder crowd (Elginb/Eric/Troy/Nacho/Cyberclaw) then I only want to move it if there are at least as many people who would only go to Valhalla's. I just want to ensure that we get as many people as possible.
yeah, I also don't want to move it if we are going to lose people, my thought is we would gain people. My real question is if anyone that was already going to attend in Boulder would be unable to make it to Denver? If say 2 people that were already going to attend would be unable to travel to Denver then it should not be moved, even if 5 more people would attend in Denver
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I feel like with needing to crunch numbers as it is, The somewhat short notice, (i know we can cancel it) but the already made dedication to the boulder library, we should hold it in boulder this year, and move it to Valhalla's next year. I would still go, but I was looking forward to one more time of play in that bouldery room. just my
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Obviously, I prefer Boulder, but if you decide to move it to Valhalla's, I'll go if I can get transportation. I'm not sure if Eric's car is working. Troy lives in Denver. I haven't had much contact with Nacho or Cyberclaw for a while now.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

I really like the Boulder Library:
-The surrounding is peaceful.
-There is much less noise. (Plus the room is pretty sound proof.)
-The fact that you can bring your own food and drinks is a bonus! (Having to leave Valhalla's for lunch break is a bummer). I suppose if we were to have 16-20 guys at Valhalla's we might be able to ask the owner for an exception to the "no food rule".
-Also the room is cozy and it's plenty big for all of us.
-The white board is very convenient.

Valhalla's:
-In disarray and very distracting. (Although, I have to say the castle decor is super cool).
-It's COLD in there! Man, I bet in mid-October the room will be freezing!

- The location, on the other hand, is convenient. It's a nice compromise between Boulder and Enchanted Grounds. Right in the middle. (Plus it's a ten minute drive for us. )

Anyway, that's my pro-con comparison. My vote's that we keep the B.Library.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Hey. Whatever happened to someguy? He seemed pretty into NHSD last year. Haven't seen him since. Anyone know?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day