Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Colorado NHSD Rocky Mountain Rumble 2010

any thoughts on my glyph proposal for Quassatch Playground yet?
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
any thoughts on my glyph proposal for Quassatch Playground yet?
I'd be okay with it. It would make for a fast game...
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im cool with the range +4 and with adding a double hexer glyph for a stones throw.
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm not a big fan of using the range glyph there, but I can deal with it.

In stead of Arctic Divide, how about we use Jagged Causeway? Same glyph set.
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

It looks like it would play okay. My only concern is that it would be a 5th map using a fair amount of road tiles. I don't like roads so much that I want to potentially play on them every single round of the tournament. Any other thoughts?
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

It looks like it would play okay. My only concern is that it would be a 5th map using a fair amount of road tiles. I don't like roads so much that I want to potentially play on them every single round of the tournament. Any other thoughts?
I think I'd rather just keep arctic divide with normal snow and ice. Or normal snow and slippery ice. Definitely no heavy snow though. Yes it's still pretty ranged friendly but we have enough Melee friendly maps that its ok to have ranged, and I think a Melee army can still do ok with the amount of LOS blockers on it. Also I can't make too many maps if there are a lot of dungeon sets. I only have one. If we want to help Melee a bit more maybe swap out Wind with Thorian. Maybe thats over doing it though.

After re-looking at the other maps currently up I guess I'll change my view. We should use BOTH of those maps. There wasn't any other ice ones on the list and the two maps are very different. We do actually need a few more maps anyway, if we are still using the rolling rumble format (we are aren't we?). I'm sure more people will be at the NHSD event than at normal events, and maybe some out of staters wanting a chance to face the champ.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; August 13th, 2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:20 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Oh man. Awesome. I missed that this was already up and running.

Points: 600 - seems big compared to the 520 last year. But Elginb's comment on Marvel makes sense. I agree that we should find a consistent number for NHSD year to year though.

Formats: Last year we had some HOB variety thrown in. I actually liked it. It does make challenges in building the right army mixed with Kill em All maps tho. (Come to think of it, the tourney in January had all kinds of formats thrown in.) Any chance of doing it again?

Maps:
- I agree with Lafleurhero. I like the Helix map series. (As long as I don't have to play dok on that map!)
- Natural Heights and Vesuvian seem to have the same feel. Do we need them both?
- How about Warden? That's a great map.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

I like Riposte.
Also, Arctic Divide is a pain, I think it may be nice to try Jagged Causeway.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM

I have Hard 8 put together right now so may as well make that one of the maps that I bring. It will use my only DnD set so others will need to take all the others that use that. Also I don't have lava so I'll bring one other map or maybe 2. I do have one more forest set
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Anybody else having trouble opening Natural Heights by Chief?
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:32 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

hmmm should be fine, of course it is media fire .... sorry if you cant open it, we can always scrap that map
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:02 PM

I couldn't get it to open either, says the file doesn't exist. I'm also not a fan of this one so I agree with throwing this one out.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; August 17th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day