Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 16th, 2016, 12:40 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Malifaux

I know that this game is old but it has only just now come to my attention. It sounds interesting, the minis are awesome, and they say that it is fun and fairly inexpensive to get into.

Does anyone here have any experience with this game that can tell me their thoughts on it?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old September 7th, 2020, 03:40 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Malifaux

I played it for a while with couple of friends and it's fun unique miniature game. The miniatures are notoriously hard to paint but they are a blast (I think I had about 30 painted?). Once I moved and had no one to play with I ditched all of my malifuax stuff but if you have friends willing to get into it and spend hours assembling and painting before you can get started, then it is well worth it. There is also a great Malifaux podcast Schemes and Stones . Malifaux 3rd edition just dropped and it is a more streamlined edition as 2E had a LOT of similar but different statuses and rules and it could make your brain melt on occasion.
Old September 15th, 2020, 04:31 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I played for a few months. Minis are both very hard to assemble and difficult to paint. You can get tournament ready for about $80, so it's a cheap one.

I stopped playing with the 2e-3e edition change. Too many models were changed too much and some were outright banned from play. I really don't like when companies invalidate models like that.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old September 16th, 2020, 01:54 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Yeah when 3e was announced and I saw that you basically just play by keyword now I lost interest along with moving away form my gaming group. The Other Side (Another Wyrd Games miniature game) looks pretty epic and that Malifaux design and flavor is still there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures