Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 13th, 2013, 12:14 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hunger Games Customs

Well, you're talking to the guy whose first customs included a hero that could look at OMs and a squad that was pretty much garunteed a kill each turn, both under 150 points, soo, I don't know.
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Well, you're talking to the guy whose first customs included a hero that could look at OMs and a squad that was pretty much garunteed a kill each turn, both under 150 points, soo, I don't know.
ohh. well ill look into how to do that then see how this one turns out

So tell me, what DOES the inside of your mouth taste like? .-.
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:55 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

How far is this going to go? I mean, will you make the figures and call it a day, or chuck in some scenarios to make it like the books, or a whole new rule set, pretty much, like C3G have done? Because if you plan to do the last one, you should probably make the figures pretty easy to take down, to keep the action going, as there weren't really any epic toe-to-toe fights in the books, they were all kind of quick and gory, so that should be reflected. And, about the parachutes, perhaps, like you said in the OP, each kill or wound or whatnot, hey get a marker, once they have enough, and have gained sufficient 'favour' from sponsors, you can send in a glyph, or buy them from the gamemaster for said tokens. Once again, I'm just brainstorming, so take from this what you will!
samthegoat
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:56 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
How far is this going to go? I mean, will you make the figures and call it a day, or chuck in some scenarios to make it like the books, or a whole new rule set, pretty much, like C3G have done? Because if you plan to do the last one, you should probably make the figures pretty easy to take down, to keep the action going, as there weren't really any epic toe-to-toe fights in the books, they were all kind of quick and gory, so that should be reflected. And, about the parachutes, perhaps, like you said in the OP, each kill or wound or whatnot, hey get a marker, once they have enough, and have gained sufficient 'favour' from sponsors, you can send in a glyph, or buy them from the gamemaster for said tokens. Once again, I'm just brainstorming, so take from this what you will!
samthegoat
originally i just wanted to make units from the hunger games in order to blend in with Heroscape units and have them work, but making new rules to add a new level of playing sounds interesting.. having a cornocopia and such with a bloodbath.

Old January 14th, 2013, 03:52 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

The sort of 'geometric-ness' of the cornucopia could be something not too difficult to make with papercraft, that way you could upload the file on the web and people could simply print it and play.
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:29 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
The sort of 'geometric-ness' of the cornucopia could be something not too difficult to make with papercraft, that way you could upload the file on the web and people could simply print it and play.
maybe have the tributes basically have the same stats with a bit of variation, but have widely different powers. then have the cornucopia filled with equipment have a few mystery bags filled with equipment glyphs: bows, swords, shields, healing things, etc. having the better things towards the middle, and such(:

Old January 14th, 2013, 11:35 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emolink 951 View Post
Quote:
Not a bad start, although I think that having the game makers on the field is a bit... off, if you know what I mean. I would just have the tributes and creatures in the arena imho, but I definitely like the idea, and this could really present some super awesome maps, especially the 3rd QQ. Perhaps, instead of gamemakers and such on the board, you could have one player a bit like a DM who can change the map slightly, unleash creatures and drop parachutes? Also, you could have an army card for each district which reflects a bit on what they're known for, like coal, farming or technology.
There is definitely a lot you do with this, so keep working on it, but maybe less figures than up there^ or else it could be too much!
Samthegoat
thanks for the feedback nonetheless, it does help with getting my mind working on how i could make this work for heroscape^^
Remember that's it's not always about adding crazy abilities for the characters. You just have to make the Heroscape figures have the same spirit that the Hunger Games IP was trying to convey.

Off the top of my head for the most robust of characters: Katniss
  • Precise Aim - reroll non-skulls when attacking 1 time
  • Will to Survive - when recieving her final wound marker roll a 20 sided die, if 16 or higher ignore all wounds that would bring her to 0 life
  • Mockingjay Inspiration - All Human figures beginning their turn within 4 clear sight spaces of Katniss gain +2 movement
  • Defender of the Meek - When any friendly small human tribute adjacent to Katniss recieves a wound from a normal attack, Immediately make a normal attack against the attacking figure.
  • Huntress - When making a normal attack against any Beast or Wolf figure add 2 Dice to her attack
  • Knowledgable Scavenger - When adjacent to any evergreen tree or jungle tile roll a 20 sided dice. if 13 or higher, remove one wound marker from Katniss Everdeen's Army card.
Or any number of ideas that give you the theme of the character.

Katniss for example would be fine with a simple Deadly Strike ability and some Range.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:41 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyZ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Not a bad start, although I think that having the game makers on the field is a bit... off, if you know what I mean. I would just have the tributes and creatures in the arena imho, but I definitely like the idea, and this could really present some super awesome maps, especially the 3rd QQ. Perhaps, instead of gamemakers and such on the board, you could have one player a bit like a DM who can change the map slightly, unleash creatures and drop parachutes? Also, you could have an army card for each district which reflects a bit on what they're known for, like coal, farming or technology.
There is definitely a lot you do with this, so keep working on it, but maybe less figures than up there^ or else it could be too much!
Samthegoat
thanks for the feedback nonetheless, it does help with getting my mind working on how i could make this work for heroscape^^
Remember that's it's not always about adding crazy abilities for the characters. You just have to make the Heroscape figures have the same spirit that the Hunger Games IP was trying to convey.

• Will to Survive - when recieving her final wound marker roll a 20 sided die, if 16 or higher ignore all wounds that would bring her to 0 life
  • Mockingjay Inspiration - All Human figures beginning their turn within 4 clear sight spaces of Katniss gain +2 movement
  • Defender of the Meek - When any friendly small human tribute adjacent to Katniss recieves a wound from a normal attack, Immediately make a normal attack against the attacking figure.
  • Huntress - When making a normal attack against any Beast or Wolf figure add 2 Dice to her attack
  • Knowledgable Scavenger - When adjacent to any evergreen tree or jungle tile roll a 20 sided dice. if 13 or higher, remove one wound marker from Katniss Everdeen's Army card.

Katniss for example would be fine with a simple Deadly Strike ability and some Range.
yeah, id like them to be unique and be a challenge to one another but still be able to be blended in to survive a fight against Kyrie Warriors or Marro and such(: like the ideas!

Old January 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyZ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Samthegoat

yeah, id like them to be unique and be a challenge to one another but still be able to be blended in to survive a fight against Kyrie Warriors or Marro and such(: like the ideas!
I like the idea of having a DM and district cards, but I do agree that the character design should be as simple as possible. Abilities like scavenging, hunting, etc, would be cool to have on a district card. For example, District Twelve figures could all have some type of forest strength, but you wouldn't need to put that power on Katniss' card. You could have a symbol for her district and that would tell you she has that ability. That way you'd only have to list powers like the Mockingjay, deadly strike, etc on her actual card.

It could be something like this;

This way there are external powers not listed, but she's still as powerful as she is in the books. Obviously other figures won't have as many listed directly on the card, but you get the idea.

Last edited by Porkachu; January 15th, 2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:58 PM

Just an FYI, I've started on a papercraft cornucopia, so #i'll let you know when I'm done!
Samthegoat
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

i like the idea of tribute powers. but for now, lets limit powers to katniss in book one. all the characters in book one really. then within a few waves we can update katniss as she is in booktwo and stuff. we can do what the C3G customs does and use the name below them as an 'identity' for now just brainstorm what they could possibly do, lets create like a 'first wave' of tributes, then playtest them. i can get to work on some special rules for these units. and also, if we do make the cornucopia, we should make a few special equipment glyphs to throw in it(:

Old January 15th, 2013, 07:09 PM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
i like the idea of tribute powers. but for now, lets limit powers to katniss in book one. all the characters in book one really. then within a few waves we can update katniss as she is in booktwo and stuff. we can do what the C3G customs does and use the name below them as an 'identity' for now just brainstorm what they could possibly do, lets create like a 'first wave' of tributes, then playtest them. i can get to work on some special rules for these units. and also, if we do make the cornucopia, we should make a few special equipment glyphs to throw in it(:
I'm for limiting it to the first book; makes it easier to keep track of what's what. We should have a list of who goes into in the first wave, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards