Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old April 18th, 2020, 10:13 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
BolCA - "Book of"-like Creator Assistant

Hello everyone,
Anyone wanting to create some kind of "Book of", "Tome of", "Holocron of" or anything like that may want to use
BolCA, the "Book of" Creator Assistant
in order to produce a new one without bothering (or as little as possible) about formatting and content layout.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER : Do not use the title "BOOK" for units without permission to avoid confusion. If you use this tool for something other than a C3V/SoV Book (with permission), don't forget to rename the "The Book of" header, Thanks!
INSTRUCTIONS (if the tool is not self-explanatory enough for you)
=> Just add the text on the second column, following the content described on the left column. The last column just helps you with a few examples of typical contents. (Third column will be the generated result.)

=> Don't think about formatting and BBCode at all ! The only formatting you might want to add are :
  • Lists (e.g. for synergies, list of figures) with
Code:
[LIST ]
  [* ] xxx
  [...]
  [* ] yyy[/LIST ]
  • hyperlinks (e.g. links to other books) with
    Code:
    [URL="http://url" ] xxx [/URL ]
  • Case, Bold, Italic, images integration and so on are automatically inserted, unless you want specific uses, don't bother !

=> Copy the third column⑴ : select all the cells you need and Ctrl+C.
=> Go to the Thread creation here. Disable WYSIWYG (=What You See is What You Get) !!

Disabling WYSIWYG

=> Paste what you just copied. You can re-enable WYSIWIG afterward.
=> Then just Preview the post, check the result, adjust everything...
You might probably want to remove some extra lines and extra content, and eventually add content the template were not proposing.

=> Et voilą, you made a new book !

⑴ You can easily select only some lines from the whole generated content, for instance if you just want to add a few Q&A to the corresponding section. To create a whole new Book you want to select the entire Third Column, except first line of course that just gives you some hints.

Notes :
- I see no problem if you want to duplicate this Google Sheet to adapt to your own use. Just get me in touch here before duplicating it (just so that i know, I'll be glad ! ), then use it (or not) as you wish, fellow 'scapers !

- For some sections I found a lot of divergence between the books for the formatting (principally the Q&A section). Consequently, for now I leaved the formatting we use for the french books. Just tell me if you wish something different.

- Just do not hesitate if you have questions, or to give feedback !

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; April 24th, 2020 at 08:02 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software