Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 14th, 2023, 10:02 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
I can definitely agree on the wish for an all-in-one rule book.
Same. How about a living rulebook that's just a PDF online that can be updated as all the different corner cases come up? I suppose that means we'll need a dedicated rules team to make decisions on stuff like that as well.
All the different corner cases? With hundreds of unique powers, do you have any idea how many that is? Take a look at the Checklist for an idea. The rulebook could certainly be more comprehensive, I definitely believe that, but unusual interactions are better left in a FAQ (even if that's part of the rulebook) as opposed to cluttering the main rules.
Old June 14th, 2023, 10:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Consolidated rules for sure!

Last edited by chas; June 14th, 2023 at 11:08 AM.
Old June 14th, 2023, 10:23 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Same. How about a living rulebook that's just a PDF online that can be updated as all the different corner cases come up? I suppose that means we'll need a dedicated rules team to make decisions on stuff like that as well.
All the different corner cases? With hundreds of unique powers, do you have any idea how many that is? Take a look at the Checklist for an idea. The rulebook could certainly be more comprehensive, I definitely believe that, but unusual interactions are better left in a FAQ (even if that's part of the rulebook) as opposed to cluttering the main rules.
Oh of course, which is also why I said online PDF. My bad for using RB and FAQ interchangeably.

-insert signature here-
Old June 14th, 2023, 10:32 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Oh of course, which is also why I said online PDF. My bad for using RB and FAQ interchangeably.
Yes, an online living FAQ would be great, especially as new units are released.

And yeah, the rulebook could really use a good rework.
Old June 14th, 2023, 12:42 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Assuming the R&D by Craig & co (TM) put into the Haslab campaign is still usable, I'm hoping for some starter set (perhaps the size of Marvelscape/Underdark in terms of hex count) that would allow a new player to begin at ~$60, with add-ons up from there. I like the old system of terrain expansions packed with one common unit themed to that terrain, but would be completely okay with terrain-only boxes.
I also would appreciate more commons sold like the zombies, with multiples in a box.
For pricepoints, having a premium prepainted option would be great for those interested. I'm not sure which I would go for personally yet if given the choice.
Finally, if Heroscape proves itself profitable after a year or so back on the market, I would be incredibly thankful for reprints (painted or not) of the most hard-to-find sets that I missed the first time around (specifically Aquilla's Alliance, Zanafor's Discovery, Crest of the Valkyrie, and Jandar's Oath).

All these words to say, I'm looking forward to whatever happens.
I agree with all of your points! The bolded part is interesting, and I feel the same way; as much as those units get less love, it was such a fun model.
Old June 14th, 2023, 03:04 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it’d be near disrespectful to Craig and the War Council NOT to have the AoA figures officially released. Some people may not have liked all the figures, but they’re figures made by designers in our community and I personally loved them all. Especially if their cards and designs are complete, the only thing i could think of that could keep Renegade from publishing them would be some sort of legal conflict? i don’t know
Old June 14th, 2023, 05:05 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I would kind of like to see an all in one rule book, but my biggest wish list items would be:

1. A selection of terrain only sets to milk that sweet Battletech money, and just for building/replenishing a terrain collection.
2. Unique only sets/waves
3. Common only sets/waves, possibly single squad only packs. Maybe like the standard 2 common squads per booster grouping like before, but 2 copies of 1 common squad.
4. Master sets. Maybe not RotV sized behemoths, maybe half that size, like 12-15 "quick start" kind of sets with everything you need to play a 2 player game, but getting 2 of them, or getting a copy of set A and set B gives you a RotV experience.
Hindsight being 20/20 of course, but none of this seems like a reach at all as far as some of the things Hasbro could have done to make the crowdfunding campaign successful (which assumes 1mil+ is a failure, another story in of itself).

I'm confident that Renegade will give HeroScape a legitimate shot to succeed and will do this right.
Agree on all counts. I just wanted to put it down in case the powers that be see it, so it's all in one place. Not pretending that other great ideas won't come up.
Old June 14th, 2023, 06:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does Renegade have any experience with Heroscape?
Do we know if they have even played Heroscape before?
Old June 14th, 2023, 07:46 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

They said they were fans. And I read somewhere one of our original playtesters owns part of the company!
Old June 15th, 2023, 06:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is better than nothing I guess. Thanks chas.
Old June 15th, 2023, 07:22 AM

Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker

As many have said, I'm encouraged that a legitimate hobby game company is heading this up. There's a lot to be excited by in some of those official statements on that thread that has been linked prior.

As for my two sense, I really hope for pre-painted minis. If not, I totally get the reasoning, but man would I be sad. It was admittedly the biggest reason I didn't back AoA. I'd probably be one of those people who would pay the premium for the pre-paint over non-painted (Though, I'd still show them some love regardless when it comes to terrain packs!)

My only other hope would be, as many have noted, for some more historical/classic representation. I totally get the mindset behind the AoA "new era", but I'd be lying if I said i didn't feel a little let down by the initial wave. (though I wouldn't mind some of those clockwork combine guys and a few others seeing the light of day!)

All that said, I'm optimistic!

Good trades with: Warbeast; WarriorPreist; Just_A_Bill; Boromir96; Joecar
Old June 15th, 2023, 11:02 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do we think there’s any possibility of CVN/the War Council being a part of the design team this time around? With Craig working at Avalon Hill I imagine there being an issue, but this is his brainchild! It’d feel wrong not to have him at the helm

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News