Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 29th, 2010, 10:45 PM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Portland/Vancouver Summer Heat of Battle June 26th

June 26th Summer Heat (of Battle) Charity Event.

Registration @ 11:30

Games Begin @ 12:00

There is a map on the site.

Supporting Dornbecher Children’s Hospital

Entrant fee: Table Prize & Charitable Donation

Dornbecher has an electronic list updated regularly, please take a moment to review the list and select something from it or very nearly resembling the type of items on the list.

http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/dchf/up...ist_toybox.pdf

Open Division....5 rounds, 550 points.
Youth Division....3 rounds, 500 points.

Open Division (6): Paul, McLeod, Quozl, Longy, GMV & Hidicul
Youth Division(4): Louisa, Ian, Mady & Piper

Open Division Heat of the Battle* – 5 Rounds of 55 minutes each. 15 minutes between rounds.

Youth Division Traditional Format – 3 Rounds of 60 minutes each. 30 minutes between rounds.

*Heat of the Battle Format: There are no designated starting zones in this style. At the start of the game each player rolls to determine order of unit placement, the highest roll places first and from that point each player alternates placement. Placement of units is by full cards, either squads or heroes. No figure may be placed on a glyph or adjacent to an opposing player. Summoned figures (Airborne Elite & Retchets) are placed as normal and normal size restrictions limit figure count to 27 hexes. Once each player is done placing units the game begins as normal.

In a break from our normal prize selection methods – we will have separate prize tables and selections for each division because of the dramatically different set up of the two divisions.

Scoring for the open division will continue to be fractional scoring as we have in the past, for the youth division we will go with Swiss (save the younger ones a bit of math work)....3 for a win, 2 for a draw & 1 for a loss. With the added time after the last youth bracket game they can have a tie breaker game if needed.

I will post some of the maps this coming week, more or less depending on the number of sign ups. Glyphs will be our standard fare. (Attack +1, Common Attack, Unique Attack, Defense +1, Defense +2, Lodin, Initiative, Pit Traps & Move +2) Any map suggestions are welcome. Please note whether open or youth division.

Last edited by Bahde; June 26th, 2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Posting event location & adding players
Old May 31st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Portland/Vancouver Summer Heat of Battle June 26th

Louisa and I are in! 27 hexes now? Looks like someone needed more room for their Marrden Hounds....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:53 PM

majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker

How are you doing scoring for the event(s)?
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:18 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are you going to be there, Mr. Majestic? We should play some practice games.

Quote:
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:32 AM

Scoring updated.

No, I wasn't thinking about the hounds....I learned a tough lesson with them in Kelso. I am more inclined to go with Monks or Zombies but then again I am a bit of a glutton for punishment.

Yeah Majestic....is that a sign up?

Last edited by Bahde; June 1st, 2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Taunting MG into signing up.
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:28 PM

Whoa! I just noticed that the points went up from 495 to 550 too! I'll need to re-figure out my army now.

Also, is Marvel allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
I will post some of the maps this coming week, more or less depending on the number of sign ups. Glyphs will be our standard fare. (Attack +1, Common Attack, Unique Attack, Defense +1, Defense +2, Lodin, Initiative, Pit Traps & Move +2) Any map suggestions are welcome. Please note whether open or youth division.
I'd like to see maps with spread out glyphs and height so the inital placement doesn't take all the good spots on the map.

Quote:
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:26 AM

majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker

I found out this morning I have to work that day! Maybe I'll come by when I get off and catch the final standings...I can't believe I'm gonna miss this...
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Are you going to be there, Mr. Majestic? We should play some practice games.

Although...I am still up for some practice games!
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nomad and son won't be able to make it - sadly.
Old June 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM

No problem Nomad, we will have more later too.

Also folks, some of you may have heard now already but we had a small disaster here at home this past week so while the clean up crews and contractors are here....we will be gone. I will check in regularly but if I don't respond immediately please give me some time. Thank you.
Old June 5th, 2010, 11:55 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Oh no! Hope things work out for the best, Bahde!
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Hope things go smoothly at your house!

Do you need help setting things up for the tournament? I can arrive early.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events