Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape: The Lost Scenarios!

The file has been updated.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old February 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
The file has been updated.
I thought that I saw a note that ruins needed to be added to this map, but now I can not find where I read that?

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Yes,I was wondering the same thing. Guru can you tell us where the ruins go?

Did you decide not to put in ruins?

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:32 PM

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry, meant to mention that.

Mark (R˙chean) designed this battlefield for us, and he was the one that reminded me that he had included ruins. After he had a chance to take a look at it without the ruins last night he PM'd me back and said it looked better without them, so I left them off.

To be honest, I don't think we included them when we tested it. So, no ruins!

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Sorry, meant to mention that.

Mark (R˙chean) designed this battlefield for us, and he was the one that reminded me that he had included ruins. After he had a chance to take a look at it without the ruins last night he PM'd me back and said it looked better without them, so I left them off.

To be honest, I don't think we included them when we tested it. So, no ruins!
Good, I am not losing my mind. Thanks again, for getting these maps out to us. I'll proably use this one two Sundays from now.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:41 PM

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Ok,thanks Guru. I have the map set up in my room. Haven't got the chance to play it yet.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 25th, 2011, 01:27 PM

I can't wait to read about the games. If you post any battle reports on the new maps, link them in this thread please!

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old February 25th, 2011, 02:15 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I can't wait to read about the games. If you post any battle reports on the new maps, link them in this thread please!
I'd love to, if you'd get me another Ticalla Jungle.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM

Well I am not going to make a full report on The Song of the Pillars,but the whole game lasted 2 rounds. Both armies set up around each glyph on the first 2 levels. The very first 2 glyphs reviled were the Branadars. Both on the south part of the map. From there the battle was for those 2 only. The units in the north part of the map did not play.

Armies were the following.

Good Side:
Migol Ironwill 110
x1 Quasatch Hunters 210 (First game they have been in)
x1 Mohican River Tribe 280
x1 Axegrinders of Burning Forge 350
Otonashi 360
Moriko 470
x1 Water Elemental 500

Evil Team:
Taelord 180
x1 Blade Gruts 220
x1 Arrow Grunts 260
x4 Death Knights of Valkrill 500

The good team (me) won. A dwarf and a Mohican took the pillars.

Old February 27th, 2011, 09:27 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The map is up on the table, and I'm preparing a three player solitaire. Next week kolakoski will be over to play live, and we'll discuss the possibilities for a four player version for the whole gang (add on more terrain or play as is?)
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Well I am not going to make a full report on The Song of the Pillars,but the whole game lasted 2 rounds. Both armies set up around each glyph on the first 2 levels. The very first 2 glyphs reviled were the Branadars. Both on the south part of the map. From there the battle was for those 2 only. The units in the north part of the map did not play.

Armies were the following.

Good Side:
Migol Ironwill 110
x1 Quasatch Hunters 210 (First game they have been in)
x1 Mohican River Tribe 280
x1 Axegrinders of Burning Forge 350
Otonashi 360
Moriko 470
x1 Water Elemental 500

Evil Team:
Taelord 180
x1 Blade Gruts 220
x1 Arrow Grunts 260
x4 Death Knights of Valkrill 500

The good team (me) won. A dwarf and a Mohican took the pillars.
It's funny when it ends up being the first 2 you check. I'm surprised it only lasted 2 rounds though. Did you note that the figures have to be unengaged on both at the end of the Round to "use" the glyphs? Even on those games when the first ones ended up being Brandar, it ended up lasting a while because of the hordes descending on the glyph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The map is up on the table, and I'm preparing a three player solitaire. Next week kolakoski will be over to play live, and we'll discuss the possibilities for a four player version for the whole gang (add on more terrain or play as is?)
Depends on the type of players you play with. If you really wanted to, you can lock down a lot of the battlefield with your figures because of the placement rules. I would say keep some extra terrain handy and add it to the lower level if you are starting to get cramped for space.

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old February 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I was just looking into trying smaller sized armies to allow for a fourth player (we play a lot of games around 350 points, since we have some younger players in the house and attention spans wander...). I don't suppose you have any thoughts on adjusting the map to allow for 4 based on point totals, perhaps from previous map testing you've done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News