Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 21st, 2007, 10:37 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
TTO III NHSD Tournament Report

I think the TTO III came off as a great success. We ended up having a total of 60 entrants from all over the Midwest with Minnesota being represented the most. The six rounds went by like a blur, but this is what I remember.

On Friday night I got a couple more practice games in and finally decided on my army of:
Braxas
Raelin
4x Stingers

I was also tempted to run the following army, but I chose not to, and Ian ran it instead:
Me Burq Sa
Raelin
Marucs
4x Romans

Round 1

My first round matched me with Justin (from Cedar Rapids?) who ended up placing 33rd. We were on Thawing Tundra, and he played:
Major Q9
Nakita Agents
Microcorp
Isamu
2x Zombies

This game went really well for me. He advanced his Microcorp with Nakita shields. Luckily for the Nakitas targeting only worked once, and my Stingers made short work of them thanks to it. This left his Microcorp vulnerable as well, but they did get some wounds on my Raelin and Braxas too I believe as I moved her up. Then Q9 jumped into the mix and got more wounds on Braxas and dropped a couple of stingers, but eventually Braxas and the Stingers pounded through his defenses. Isamu charged Raelin to make the assassination attempt, but Raelin just barely survived, and my Stingers made him pay for touching their leader. Then Braxas pretty much just made turned the zombies into a pile of acidic fetid flesh. When it was all said in done I won with 2 stingers dead, 3 wounds on Raelin and 7 wounds on Braxas.

Full Win 3 (+530)

Round 2

My second game pitted me against MoMo, which is never a good matchup MoMo ended up placing 14th overall. We faced off on Waters of Life, and he ran:
2x Rats
Q9
3 Stingers
Isamu
Raelin

I was really decimating MoMo this game, despite his status as a Knapper and a monkey roller. I was able to hold Jalgard and Wannock and took out Raelin and Q9 rather early. It seemed like the game was all but over with and I would be taking a victory with almost all my points still on the table, but then I rolled 4 back to back critical misses with my Stingers and I almost gave him the game. I think my Stingers only juiced successfully once that game. I then squeaked out a win with Raelin and 2 squads of Stingers left.

Full Win 3 (+200)

Cumulative: 6(+730)

Round 3

My next match up was an interesting one against Mitch from Team Nowhere. I have to say Team Nowhere did exceptionally well. I think all four of them placed in the top 15 with a second and third place finish being among those. We played on Annihilation Alley, and Mitch ended up in 14th place with an army of:
The Hive
6x Stingers

This army was very familiar to me, as I played one just like it at Gen Con, except with the 500 points, I had only 5 Stingers with 40 points of filler. The Hive got the advantageous position of being able to be placed next to a tree in this game, so the TTO Rule gave the Hive and additional defense against my ranged attacks. I thought it was pretty funny that the Hive was gaining cover from the little tree in front of it. This game was mostly a battle of attrition. He got really good rolls most of the time for the Hive and recycled probably a couple of squads of Stingers, but both of our juicing rolls were bad. We both critical juiced twice, and then I think we both pretty much quit doing it after that in this game. I advanced Raelin with the Stingers first, and he obviously advaced his Stingers. He got to the glyphs first, which actually both happened to be Valda. I was ok with that, as I really didn’t care too much if he had the extra movement with that army. We rarely fought over them, but they did come in handy a few times. Braxas came in mid-game and cleared out a lot of Stingers before he died, but eventually he fell along with Raelin, and I cleaned up the rest of his Stingers with mine, and then I took out the hive last. I thought about trying the hive earlier in the game, but I felt that it was worth it to allow him to rebirth them in order to take out the Stingers in my vicinity throughout the game, as they were a more direct threat.

Full Win +120

Cumulative: 9(+850)

Round 4

Round four saw me facing Wytefang on Hot Heights. He ended up placing 35th. This was another interesting matchup with a similar army to mine. Wytefang was looking for revenge, because at Gen Con I beat him on Hot Heights. I was looking for a repeat performance Wytefang’s army was:
Braxas
Kozuke
Krav Maga
2x Stingers

All I can say is that the Stingers definitely saw some love at the TTO, and overall placed pretty well. I advanced Raelin and then the Stingers. I was able to get the summoning glyph, so I grabbed one of his Krav that had already made its way partly up the mountain, and put it in the water next to me to kill it. He then blanked on another Krav, and just like that they were pretty much out of the picture. I then moved in my Braxas, and he made mostly short work of the Kozuke and Stingers, but in the process, his I lost Raelin some Stingers and got Braxas some wounds. There was a glyph of Gerda out for this game as well, but a lot of times it didn’t really have much affect with Braxas and all. The end of the game came down to Braxas vs. Braxas, and they traded blows for quite a while, but finally mine fell, and I sent in the Stingers to finish Braxas off. This was overall a pretty solid win for me, but I must say I did get some lucky rolls mostly throughout, but the luck swung towards the end, and instead of a big win, I came up with just a solid win by +180.

Full Win 3(+180)

Cumulative: 12(+1030)

Round 5

The fifth round saw only 3 undefeated players still around. I got paired up with Clarrisimus, while Spider_Poison played Eclipse. Clarrisimus played very tough opponents almost every round, and ended up in 21st do to that. Luckily for me his army was a terrible match for mine, and I took a pretty decisive win in this match. We played on Thawing Tundra, and his army was:
Laglor
2x Microcorp
2x Minnions

I Knew Braxas would eat the minions and Microcorp for lunch, but I decided to send out the Stingers and Raelin first to try and gain some board control and setup a mid game Braxas attack. That worked out pretty well for me overall. The Stingers and Micrcorp traded some fire, and I was able to get the Glyph of Crevcor, which came in handy. The other glyph ended up not coming into play. Raelin eventually fell to the nasty Microcorp attack once they climbed the snow hill, and the Stingers traded blows as well. Then Braxas made his arrival, and the Microcorp suits could no longer save them. Braxas then went on a rampage and breathed her acid on the Monkey as well. The minions decided it was time for them to charge. They managed to get a few wounds on Braxas, but the poison breath is just what the doctor ordered for high point/high defense figures like the Minions, and quickly they were dispatched, netting me a win of +390.

Full Win 3(+390)

Cumulative: 15(+1420)

Round 6

Going into the final round against Spider_Posion wasn’t a new experience for me, and unfortunately it is usually never a good one. We rolled off to see which map we played, and it ended up being Waters of Life. This was another army that was somewhat similar to mine. He had:
4x Stingers
2x Rats
Raelin
Isamu
Kaemon Awa

I thought this would be a pretty good match up, and I think it should have been, but a couple 4 skull rolls on Braxas with me blanking and getting one shield, and then the same thing happening to Raelin ensured this game would be pretty quick and painful. Luckily I my Stingers did turn on the heat some and saved me some face to only lose by 290.

Full Loss 3(-290)

Cumulative 16(+1130)

With that final score, I wrapped up a fourth place finish, and I can be proud of that. When it got around to the fourth place pick for the prize table, there were some Sentinels of Jandar calling me, but as I reached for them, I heard some protests from the crowd, so I asked if the Armocs were ok to take, and they seemed to approve. I also got Herocard Shogun and the Ferrion Expansion pack, so I was very happy The sponsors really came through for us, and I believe everyone left feeling that their 10 dollar entry fee was well worth it.

I was a little worried about playing in this year’s tourney because of the amount of players, but I think it still went smooth even with my participation. I know it was a lot more work than when it was 8 of us at my parent’s house, but I definitely think it was well worth all the time in effort to see how much fun everyone had. I can’t wait for TTO IV!!!
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What place did spider_poison finish in?
And nice battle report! Those must have been some fun battles! Wish I could have been there.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:26 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
And nice battle report! Those must have been some fun battles! Wish I could have been there.
Spider Poison finished 1st again..... this make 3 consecutive TTO Titles ( actually he has won every TTO ever held - one more and we rename the tourney after him )

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:42 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Quote:
Spider Poison finished 1st again..... this make 3 consecutive TTO Titles ( actually he has won every TTO ever held - one more and we rename the tourney after him )
It always amazes me that spider_poison manages to win almost every tournament he goes to. Just another reason why in my opinion he's the best player in the game. Congratulations, spider_poison! You deserve it! Congrats to everyone that played, also! I hope you all had fun!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Isn't that what you said last year?

Old October 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It always amazes me that spider_poison manages to win almost every tournament he goes to. Just another reason why in my opinion he's the best player in the game. Congratulations, spider_poison! You deserve it! Congrats to everyone that played, also! I hope you all had fun!
Yeah, there is no doubt the kid is good. I think it is cool that he now has won the biggest Heroscape tournament to date. I also think this tourney had a very solid crew of players overall, so to come out on top this year was even more impressive than last year.
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
Quote:
Quote:
Isn't that what you said last year?
Yea, and if he shows up next year ... I'll probably be saying it again. However his threepeat is amazing ... the odds of 4x-in-row seem impossible even for one at his level of play.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old October 21st, 2007, 02:02 PM

I will be happy as long as he keeps his tourney wins down in IA, he had won all the MN tourneys up until last year's Austin Tourney. I am hoping I can give him a run for his money this year too.
Old October 21st, 2007, 02:55 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I love New York.

And Iowa.

But I hate Q9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:44 AM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation
Oo

Actual Top 8 Army Lists perchance?

Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:16 AM

Re: Oo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral
Actual Top 8 Army Lists perchance?
First Place ( 6-0 ):
4x Marro Stingers
2x Deathreavers
1- Raelin
1- Kaemo Awa
1 - Isamu

Second Place (5-1):
3x Tagona Samrui Archers