View Poll Results: App Display Choices
iPhone style display 56 43.41%
Futuristic Display 13 10.08%
Medieval Display 52 40.31%
Other (put what you want) 8 6.20%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape App

How about a contest and a poll? Maybe get some of the big graphic designers like h3xtrip.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM

freddywerks is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape App

Assuming this is still the updated app: http://hsapp.tk/

This is going to sound harsh, so I apologize ahead of time. But I feel that instead of being nice, being honest is the best way to give feedback on something like this.

Between the animated gif logo, not using a legible type on the cards (or even just a type based version of the cards), and just porting in scans of the rulebook, this thing looks poor. Being a web designer, often times, I find that the trouble with just having programmers build apps is that the user isn't taken into consideration; instead it's built only to be purely functional. The problem with only making it functional instead of making it stellar is the same as a chef only making edible food. Yep you can eat it, but you're not going to enjoy it.

My suggestions:
1. Make it a free app (should be anyways since it doesn't do anything outside of providing you with information that you can find on this website in addition to a dice roller).

2. Then add in the actual heroscape logos/branding with a disclaimer.

3. Bring in the rules booklets with OCR, then convert to text. I'd rather scroll through text than huge images.

4. Bring in images of the actual cards, but also provide a text only version. Like above, but give people options.

Future release ideas (which might make you charge money for it, which would make you get rid of #2):
1. Have it so that you can plug in your collection and build your own maps.

2. Team building option so that you can plug in a point value and try to create your custom team. Would be even more awesome if it was built so that you can build your army, then just slide left and right through your cards and place markers on them to eliminate the need for cards.

Just my two cents as I feel that a Heroscape app would be an awesome venture for the community.

Last edited by freddywerks; November 16th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software