Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old May 15th, 2016, 08:43 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart
Re: AotP Question Dump

1) The rulebook contains a section on combining multiple sets.
2) In that section there is a paragraph concerning building your spell deck.
3) There is no mention of restricting multiple copies of the same card
4) I can't believe that the designers are so stupid that they didn't think that someone would want to have multiples of a spell card.

Therefore, I will go with the assumption that this possibility was discussed by the designers and it was decided not to include the restriction. Until I hear otherwise I must logically conclude that it is OK to include multiple copies of a particular spell.
Old May 15th, 2016, 09:14 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Heroscape rules section is fine. The AOTP rules are a mess. I agree with some others here that only 1 of each spell should be allowed for game balance, and that's my house rule. Since I don't play in tournaments its no problem. Everyone else is free to do as they like.
Old May 15th, 2016, 09:20 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you! @Marro_Warlord

The wording on some of these cards aren't specific enough for a simple-minded oaf like myself.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 16th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, in Mtg you can "buy" yourself a super-powerful deck by paying for 4 copies of powerful spells, so why not in AotP?

I mean, if someone wants to buy 12 master sets, he should be able to play 12 of the same spell card.It's the MtG way!

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 16th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Well, in Mtg you can "buy" yourself a super-powerful deck by paying for 4 copies of powerful spells, so why not in AotP?

I mean, if someone wants to buy 12 master sets, he should be able to play 12 of the same spell card.It's the MtG way!
I agree with this, only I'd print copies of the spells instead. I kinda want to try using all bountiful harvests lol.
Old May 16th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that will be fun when every match, your opponent has all BH spells.
Reminds me of the 4th Mass. Now I hate this game.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
4 cards
12/60 = 0.2
0.2 * 4 = 0.8 => 1; 1 card at the same ratio. The "why not" is in the ratio.

At one time, MtG had no limit and people made Lightning Bolt.dec

Having card limits allow for powerful, undercosted cards. The limitation creates space for more designs to flourish.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 16th, 2016, 02:22 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I totally agree Confred.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I wasn't nessecerily advocating for no cap. Just playing Devil's Advocate. Yeah, all of one card would be pretty cheeseball. There's supposed to be SOME random factor in the game (hence the 4 card max in MtG) and 12 of the same card would defeat that. I'm pretty sure the developers never intended for you to be able to make it so that you knew exactly what you were gonna draw every time.

For now, I'd go with the one card limit, maybe in the future once more cards are released they'll make a 2-card limit or something but until then, one card has to be the assumption.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 16th, 2016, 03:00 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I think we should wait around to see if WotC resolves this issue. Otherwise I agree with Chas here; I'd house rule it for yourself. If you want to play singleton, then you can. If you want to play with multiple copies, you can.

Just my .

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 16th, 2016, 04:15 PM

True, it is only a big factor for tournaments, which is why I am trying to get an official answer for Gen Con.
I imagine they will rule 1 of each spell simply because of how limited the selection is right now and most people will most likely just bring a master set army.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Did you ask Hasbro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs