Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 20th, 2009, 11:50 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Battle at the Border II - April 18th, 2009 - Woonsocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Is there any chance you could have the original Broken Skyline? The remade version didn't go through the BoV process, and I personally like the original better.
We went with this version due to the concerns with double spacers. Here's the comment from the map link.

Quote:
The columns whose tops are impossible for double-based melee figures to reach are replaced by shorter columns. While this replacement reduces the coverage created by the castle walls, it guarantees an easier play for the bigger figures on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
The hive being placed on water is actually illegal I believe!
Yeah, it's illegal, but it's better than having to pull the map apart in order to place the Hive (I don't expect to see it anyway, but ya never know).

More maps coming, hopefully tonight.

-insert signature here-
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Also make note that you cannot place the Hive on Highways and Dieways Jungle Version in the water, you must place it on the one available land position. And cool map choices nyys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Nice selections. Mole Hills and Hot Heights are two of my favourite BoV maps.

On Normandy Beach, is a Hive placed on the water going to be considered to be on level 0 or level 1? I'd think it should be level 0.
Hot Heights is also my favorite BoV map.

Last edited by Cleon; March 20th, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Is there any chance you could have the original Broken Skyline? The remade version didn't go through the BoV process, and I personally like the original better.
We went with this version due to the concerns with double spacers. Here's the comment from the map link.

Quote:
The columns whose tops are impossible for double-based melee figures to reach are replaced by shorter columns. While this replacement reduces the coverage created by the castle walls, it guarantees an easier play for the bigger figures on the field.
I read that, but I still prefer the first version. V2 should be fine, though.

Nice to see Swamp Thing and Hot Heights, those are among my favorite BoV maps.

Last edited by arp12; March 20th, 2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old March 20th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

nyys: the glyphs on The Dunes were both going to be face up Brandar glyphs. The first figure to land on a Brandar chooses from the 3 options you listed.

The glyph for Swamp Thing is Kelda.

For Normandy, pull out the water tiles and put the Hive, or don't. We don't really care. Nobody will bringthe Hive anyways. (Prove me wrong!)
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
nyys: the glyphs on The Dunes were both going to be face up Brandar glyphs. The first figure to land on a Brandar chooses from the 3 options you listed.

The glyph for Swamp Thing is Kelda.
I have the notes from Saturday, it was Fountain Fight with the face up Brandars. We can do it with both but I figured we'd shake-up how the glyphs are selected from map to map.

Updating the Kelda Glyph on Swamp Thing... also adding new non-BoV shortly, to the list (head to the first post for the link to the maps).

-insert signature here-
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM

Overlord has been added to the non-BoV map pool, and there will be no glyphs on Highways and Dieways.

-insert signature here-
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good choice! I regret the BoV not passing that one!

All the map's look great, but I'm glad I've not chosen to use the Hive so far, I was highly considering it though.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM

Eleven of the twenty maps we're planning, along with their glyph selection (if any) have been posted (see 1st post for links).

Of the remaining nine, we've finalized a few that I've yet to post, and the rest we plan on giving a play test or two at an upcoming game night before making final decisions.

-insert signature here-
Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

In a surprise turn of events (including an unfortunately inability to attend BBV), I will be at the Battle at the Border! My wife and my friend Harvard will also be playing. Not sure if we'll be able to rope anyone else in, but I wouldn't count on it.

Perhaps we'll take a break between games to renew our vows.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:01 PM

Great news!

Quote:
We are playing at a church.

-insert signature here-
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM

curseyoukhan Woo who?
Talking Re: Battle at the Border II - April 18th, 2009 - Woonsocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Great news!

Quote:
We are playing at a church.
And I believe we'll even have a minister on hand!

Constantine
<<Insert funny comment here>>

www.CollateralDamage.biz
Today's sarcasm is tomorrow's news™
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Fourteen of the twenty maps planned have now been posted with glyphs assigned (if any).

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events