Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

View Poll Results: Location of Colorado NHSD ( voting ends september 18th)
Cheyenne WY, Cyborgs Gaming 5 71.43%
Boulder CO, Boulder Public Library 2 28.57%
Wheatridge CO, Valhalls Game Center 0 0%
Highlands Ranch CO, Enchanted Grounds 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th, 2011, 04:52 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cross Country Colorado/Cheyenne NHSD

Alright, a lot here, the site did not update me that you guys had posted, its currently 3:00 am, i will repost on the main thread tomorrow all the details we have.
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:00 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Rumble

Check the main post, everything is edited, anything in red we need to determine still, the card scoring was tied at 2 for either (partial or full) voting for that closes on saturday. Remember the location poll closes on the 19th.
Old September 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Cross Country Colorado/Cheyenne NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I'm not too hip on the Shrine of Mo-Ne-Ca-- that nook at the bottom seems too good a place for small/medium units to hide from large/huge units.
How about we just swap that one out for Invasion, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I like the other maps, though.
OK, cool. Let's talk glyphs, shall we?

I suggest that all glyphs be played power-side up, with no traps for treasure glyphs. This keeps things simple and cuts down on luck.

Anyway, some are easy:

Swamp Helix
Spoiler Alert!
Move, attack, and wind, as listed.

When Paths Cross
Spoiler Alert!
Defense glyph, as listed.

Fulcrum
Spoiler Alert!
No glyphs, as listed.

Common Ground
Spoiler Alert!
Move and Initiative, as listed.

Embattled Fen
Spoiler Alert!
Wound, as listed.

OK, moving on from there... this is one part careful selection, one part randomness.

Remains of Clionesia
Spoiler Alert!
The power glyphs should be Move and wind, as posted. It also suggests two treasure glyphs. Since they're on nice high ground spots, I think they should be pretty low-powered - either something like Elixir of speed and whetstone of Venom - or we could just leave off the treasure glyphs.

Fenris
Spoiler Alert!
Seems like a map where big guys could use help getting around - how about Bracers of Teleportation and Brooch of Shielding?

Noctis
Spoiler Alert!
Flip the script on Fenris... how about Giant Hunter Stone and Heroic Rune (attack)?

Blacktop
Spoiler Alert!
I like decent glyphs to drive the action here... how about move and wound?

Fossil
Spoiler Alert!
Weak glyphs work fine on this map, so how about Initiative and Lucky 20-sider?

Sidewinder
Spoiler Alert!
I wouldn't mind going with move and wound again here.

Can't See the Jungle
Spoiler Alert!
I like the heal power glyph on this map... how about pairing it with a treasure glyph, like cloak of invisibility?

Shrine of Mo-Ne-Ca Invasion
Spoiler Alert!
Treasure glyphs seem like they could work here... how about belt of giant strength and revenant's tome?

Molten Stronghold
Spoiler Alert!
Treasure glyphs could work on this map... how about potion of healing and Scarab of invulnerability?

Frostbite
Spoiler Alert!
The talisman of defense and ring of protection might be enough to lure heroes out to the edge.
Old September 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Seems like good maps all around. I do see potential for an opening Z-Bomb on Fenris, Noctis, and frostbite, but what's life without a little risk?
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:40 PM

ifstream Woo who?

Just incase we want other maps then the ones you picked. I bought 2 other small heroscape collections so I have more terrain. the list as as follows:

7 ROTV plus extra, 6 SOTM plus extra, 1 Marvel, 4 DnD, 6 forest, 1 Ice plus many extra snow, 2 jungle, 4 castle, 1 lava
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:25 PM

Doks glyph postings look fine to me, we need others feed back though. IT IS OFFICAL the event will be held at cyborg gaming. lafleurhero if you could send me the info I you want posted on the main post about your store and what ever else we need to know about having the vent at your store that would be great, Then I can put it in the main thread. We still need to cast votes on full or partial card scoring, its tied 2 and 2 still.
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

directions to the store are simple. take I-25 exit 12 and pull in at the Rodeway Inn right off that exit. It is located in the same building.

The other other things I think I want to mention is that anything purchased in the store for prize support will be 20% off and that there is a Soda machine in the store. Also there is a Chinese restaurant and a convenience store right here. Anything else requires a short drive.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM

Alright guys, what time are we gonna start this thing?
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Well, I suppose what works best for me is noon-ish to 1 for the starting. Of course, I'm only one person, and it doesn't matter all that much to me. And it all depends on how long this will go on for...
Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

lafleurhero, when do you want to open? Are you planning on setting up maps the day before or the day of?

For my part, I'd love to roll up at about 10 or 10:30 and start playing right away. I guess what I'm driving at is, when is the earliest the local crew can have the maps set up?

I can bring paper glyphs for all the maps, if that makes things easier.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:24 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

I would like to start at 11:00 or 12:00.

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Well, considering the drive time up, anywhere from about 10:30 - noonish would seem like a good time. We just need to settle on the time that leaves us the most playing time, but leaves people enough time for travel.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day